Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ II (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113268)

Corvina 29th March 2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 2843803)
Honestly, for an album that had no promotion and no (good) tie-ups (Peach John was only aired for one week...it was a limited commercial) it did good for a full album.

Wasn't the tie in for hbya a great one?
And with the (local) promotion she's doing now, the sales might stabilize.

relmy 29th March 2012 09:30 AM

July 1st is easily the best summer song, fairyland is amazing too. The rest just seem a bit rehash-y.

Am I the only one who thinks of INSPIRE as a summer song?

Jason 29th March 2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2843956)
Am I the only one who thinks of INSPIRE as a summer song?

I've never thought of INSPIRE as a summer song. It just doesnt feel as happy or as fun as her other summer singles.

The PV is kind of summer-ish, though. :P

SURREAL__RAINBOW 29th March 2012 10:14 AM

whaaaaa, I thought everyone had clear that INSPIRE is a summer song :laugh

I've always seen it that way :shrug

emi♡ 29th March 2012 10:26 AM

I think of it as one, but it's not like...a happier...or cuter summer song I guess. although I guess fairyland isnt "happy" or cute...idk.

PEARL 29th March 2012 10:50 AM

considering shes making public appearances now they might boost up her sales...

yamadashun 29th March 2012 11:00 AM

i dunno if this is mentioned before, that there are some similarities in between the 2 albums that broke the consecutive number 1 record, GUILTY and Party queen:

-both have the "-TY" as album title.
-both have leopard print
-both were outsold by an album with 4-digit number as title
-both have 14 tracks
-both have iTunes leak
added
-both have digital single before the album release
-both were released after ayu broke up with her boyfriend/husband

RayJason 29th March 2012 11:10 AM

Good find! that is so freaky!

SURREAL__RAINBOW 29th March 2012 11:13 AM

both had digital singles
both were after she broke up with her boyfriend/husband

kpause 29th March 2012 11:16 AM

I really think a sharp decline of album sales shows a signal that there's something wrong with the album. I'm not going to repeat the reasons as people in AHS have done it brilliantly. But the decrease in sales doesn't mean her career is over. She still can grab a position in the industry, like touring I think? Though I don't care about the sales I am hoping for her insane promotion she mentioned.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about the covers, but they don't matter at all (thinking of terrible NL), I love the lyrics in which ayu is genuinely confessing her agonies and solitude after her sudden divorce. "I'm a lonely QUEEN." This album deserves praise despite the moderate(I don't think "small" would suit with 100k) commercial success.

LONJJONG 29th March 2012 11:44 AM

I wonder how her next album will do...

bluegie 29th March 2012 11:49 AM

^Probly another cycle. If GUILTY is a premonition of PQ, probly we'll have a NL-type album, which I prefer over GUILTY :P.

And dun you guys remember that Boys & Girls was the very first summer song from ayu? :P

PS: Party Queen is back to no. 5 today :D.

ayumisrael 29th March 2012 12:00 PM

3rd Day
Position: #5

thanks, back to top 5 is even better than top 10. :)

#3 sold 9,400, I wonder if Party Queen did 6,000+ today.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 29th March 2012 12:04 PM

I most certainly hope so :D

Looking good :) Thanks for the update!

TeamAyu2004 29th March 2012 12:20 PM

thats cool, back in the top 5...
I really hope this album as a long shelf life.
the more interviews she does and spreads them out, I think the longer this will be in the top 10.

Jason 29th March 2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 2844010)
3rd Day
Position: #5

thanks, back to top 5 is even better than top 10. :)

#3 sold 9,400, I wonder if Party Queen did 6,000+ today.

I don't know if this has been asked before but; why don't Oricon show the sales for albums past the top 3?

Anyway, it's nice to see a chart boost. :)

AyUmIXx 29th March 2012 12:55 PM

YAY happy for ayu!
it's gonna back to snatch no. 2 again...or even better no. 1!
please~~~

inspire_rmx 29th March 2012 03:03 PM

glad to see that the album is back at no.5 again =)

relmy 29th March 2012 03:27 PM

I hate to be the downer, but it it NOT going to get #1 this week lol The album at #1 outsold PQ in A DAY.

...and the only connection between GUILTY and Party Queen in them being break up albums. I don't think that has anything to do with sales. GUILTY was the double week and PQ is lack of promotion and lack of interest.

I'm hesitant to say lack of promo even, because NO WAY would Avex have scheduled Acid Black Cherry on the same day if they thought Ayu would lose, I'm sure her marketing team are way more shocked than some people here.

Zeke. 29th March 2012 03:37 PM

I wonder if Ayu is pissed at them, lol. I mean, everyone says she doesn't care about sales but come on, you know it probably feels good to have that #1 album. Especially considering the darker place she is in right now, I'm sure it hits hard to think "wow, I'm only selling this much now. wow, I lost out to a fellow label mate..." etc.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.