Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ II (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113268)

Amuro_Ray 30th March 2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenPang (Post 2844318)
maybe avex underestimated & didn't expect ABC's 2012 to sell even better than ayumi ? :O

Don't forget , avex also released AAA's 1st B-side compilation Another Side of #AAABest on the same week as Party Queen & 2012 . AAA is obviously not a threat to ayumi in any single bit but I do think for ABC's case , it was a scenerio of underestimating how unusually well 2012 would overtake if not oversell Party Queen down the line

Let alone , the 1st week sales of 2012 has outsold the whole total sales of ABC's 2009 album Q.E.D. too :O

I still think that if Party Queen were to get released in April , it would have gotten #1 easily with 0 promotion since there're no big major artistes putting out albums next month , well not that I know of

if sold 1 week ahead, still can get #1 too.. dunno why Avex chose 21 mar..

Delicious n Bold 30th March 2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyumiAi (Post 2844292)
At first I was sad about the fact that PQ only got to number 2 but honestly the album is so good that I coulnd't care less and am just enjoying it :)

This is basically how I feel now.
Who cares if people buy it or not, it only matters if you enjoy it.
The album is actually quite good.

On another note, I personally believe that Party Queen will be remembered as the underrated gem among Ayu's albums.

emi♡ 30th March 2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2844320)
I think the reason why they did all three was because it was the end of the year from them...
So avex stocks when no matter what. And thats all they really care about, how much money they make.

thats what I was thinking...but I thought it was at the end of april so I thought maybe she still had time...guess not lol

KarenPang 30th March 2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2844320)
I think the reason why they did all three was because it was the end of the year from them...
So avex stocks when no matter what. And thats all they really care about, how much money they make.

yeah someone mentioned about that before regarding the financial year end since in Japan , Japanese companies's financial year end is in March & not in Dec

I know that cos my mum's working in a Japanese bank so xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuro_Ray (Post 2844332)
if sold 1 week ahead, still can get #1 too.. dunno why Avex chose 21 mar..

you mean Party Queen should have gotten released on 28th March ?

even if so , it doesn't stand a chance in getting #1 due to Kis-My-Ft2's debut album Kis-My-Ft . Their 1st day sales outsold Party Queen's 1st week sales X.X by close to 1.5 times of the sales Party Queen obtained D:

if Party Queen were to be released in March , somewhere in the beginning of March would have been feasible . I don't mind for it to get released in the same week as Akanishi Jin's JAPONICANA . Heck ayumi can kick Akanishi's butt for all I care :laugh & why not since JAPONICANA failed to get #1

DA1SUK1DAY01691 30th March 2012 09:07 AM

For an album without any lead physical singles, I have to say she did pretty damn well. Even the West likes to promote at least one song from a new album before it's released, but for her to go basically blind (I don't think HBYA's tie-up helped that much) and still land at least #2 with that big a gap between #2 and #3 is fine with me.

Of course as a fan I'm disappointed she debuted with a #2 when she normally has #1 secured within the first few days, but I'm still confident in her ability. She's still producing magical songs (such as Return Road), so not all is lost. :)

monochrome99 30th March 2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 2844096)
I think she must be...I remember she said during a RnRC interview that she'd love to have another million seller and big hit

woah? really? can you give a link or the name of the interview because i can't imagine ayu saying that. Kinda shocked and sad for her.

It means that she does really care about results.

ayumisrael 30th March 2012 11:02 AM

3rd Day
Position: #5
Sales: 2,881
Total Sales: 107,282

4th Day
Position: #7

ALfromHELLSING 30th March 2012 11:52 AM

Man, I hope next album will have at least one physical single. I mean physical singles still do sell pretty decent. I'm sure Ayu can still sell more than 50k. I wonder if we r not getting 51th single 'cause avex/Ayu is afraid of breaking her singles streak.
Quote:

Originally Posted by yamadashun (Post 2843983)
i dunno if this is mentioned before, that there are some similarities in between the 2 albums that broke the consecutive number 1 record, GUILTY and Party queen:

-both have the "-TY" as album title.
-both have leopard print
-both were outsold by an album with 4-digit number as title
-both have 14 tracks
-both have iTunes leak
added
-both have digital single before the album release
-both were released after ayu broke up with her boyfriend/husband

-both have her with short blond hair on the cover.

AyumiAi 30th March 2012 12:52 PM

^honestly all they need to do is get Ayu some decent promotion and her getting another number 1 single is not that hard... T___T just get her to do lives and radio shows and performances and places.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 30th March 2012 01:00 PM

I actually just read some horrible comments made about PoM and her voice by some Japanese, they said things like, "not deteriorated enough to be told" (I'm pretty sure they referred to her voice :()

So at this point of time, I don't know if TV lives will actually benefit her or play against her :shrug

I'd love her to promote her album with TV lives, but they should be re-recorded so they can be edited or done again if she doesn't like them or something.

emi♡ 30th March 2012 01:18 PM

honestly, I didn't care that much for her vocals in PoM either...but...I didn't think they were THAT bad...

btw...did we have an opinion thread for it yet? I was gonna post my crazy ramblings...and I wanted to see what everyone else thought. I didn't bother watching the USTREAM, so this was my first time seeing it...

and wow at the setlist~~


Anyways...I think if she's going to do TV lives, she should do them the way like, Namie does them. With the loud backing tracks so she can dance or something at the same time.

er...maybe...idk. Maybe she should just stick to the interviews and stuff and not go on any of those music shows...

brener 30th March 2012 01:22 PM

150k becomes a far away dream..

TeamAyu2004 30th March 2012 02:18 PM

im still glad at what this album did with no singles and no lives or anything...
pretty darn good!

jewelbox 30th March 2012 02:30 PM

I don't blame (japanese people) for hating PoM vocals, she sounds SO different, and some songs I don't find pleasant to listen either. In some songs she's more like shouting than singing , and when she tries to sing with that soft voice she once had it doesn't sound the same. (comparison: Secret and HBYA)

*Petit* 30th March 2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alucard from Hellsing (Post 2844426)
Man, I hope next album will have at least one physical single. I mean physical singles still do sell pretty decent. I'm sure Ayu can still sell more than 50k. I wonder if we r not getting 51th single 'cause avex/Ayu is afraid of breaking her singles streak.

-both have her with short blond hair on the cover.

I would say with these album sales, releasing a single doesn't seem like such a bad idea. I know it was sort of a special case with the 50th single and all, but the singles leading up to Love Songs combines sold about as much as the album itself. I really want singles again as well. =)

SURREAL__RAINBOW 30th March 2012 02:33 PM

I think that in her next single she should make a pv for one song in Party Queen chosen by the fans :P I'd love a pv for reminds me or Tell me why *o*

~X2RADialbomber~ 31st March 2012 11:12 AM

She kinda deserved it... I don't think it was as great as some of her other albums have been, but that's just my personal opinion TBH :\

KarenPang 31st March 2012 11:21 AM

Party Queen stays put at #7

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2012-03-30/more/2/

ayumisrael 31st March 2012 11:30 AM

Thank you Karen :)

YUKARI 31st March 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brener (Post 2844455)
150k becomes a far away dream..

saaaad it is :thud


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.