Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   News on London PVs - "Microphone" & "Sexy little things" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98536)

Keiichi_JPU 22nd February 2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissElin_ (Post 2252782)
But they do show them on TV. As an album promotion.

Okay that's what I wanted to know :) Makes sense now, thanks!

gigipan* 23rd February 2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ownsarai (Post 2252308)
Yea because everybody knows that Ayu NEVER did anything remotely weird/dark/crazy before GAGA came along. :rolleyes
Someone needs to go back and take a look through Ayu's PV collection.

Completely agree XD

I was very surprised with the title of Sexy Little Things but I really want to see the result! I think that could be a kind of evolution of our dearest Ayu^^

Corvina 23rd February 2010 06:09 PM

I don't know if anybody posted this info here on AHS, but I just found it on JPM:

Quote:

It was in the casting call in London, where they searched for actors in her new PV and they said:" We are searching for people who will act in a PV of japanese Singer Ayumi Hamasaki, the Song is not a typical japanese Pop/Rock Song, it has a british flair in it"
Don't know where it's coming from exactly though.

Don't know what that means either. What is a british flair? If I'm thinking about british music, alternative bands like Franz Ferdinand pop up in my head.

SKYia 23rd February 2010 06:40 PM

Whatever Ayu does is always classy, the difference between Ayu and many western artists is that she can separate her shows from life.

I love how she provides some erotic accents to her performances like in Decision or Identity but then goes back to being just herself as we all know her. It's the stage, the performance.

In case of GaGa, well I don't know any of her performances but I know she wears strange outfits in her normal life. I also remember some headlines of local newspapers like "Men want to see my vagina" etc, not cool at al for me.

Ayu is high class show maker, GaGa seems to be lost between her stage and private life, that's why it doesn't matter how Ayu behaves n her performances and PVs (same goes to Koda Kumi) since it's just for the sake of entertainment (and some of us are old.. eee.... mature enough to love those small kinki accents XD).

noidea 23rd February 2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 2254196)
In case of GaGa, well I don't know any of her performances but I know she wears strange outfits in her normal life. I also remember some headlines of local newspapers like "Men want to see my vagina" etc, not cool at al for me.

Not true at all, Paparazzi photos show her in normal clothes, the crazyness is a role she plays and people actually believe her!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 23rd February 2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 2254177)
I don't know if anybody posted this info here on AHS, but I just found it on JPM:



Don't know where it's coming from exactly though.

Don't know what that means either. What is a british flair? If I'm thinking about british music, alternative bands like Franz Ferdinand pop up in my head.

british flair? Probably microphone...hmm...

yelmizuno 23rd February 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2254203)
british flair? Probably microphone...hmm...

Maybe... Now I getting more and more curious xD

SKYia 23rd February 2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 2254198)
Not true at all, Paparazzi photos show her in normal clothes, the crazyness is a role she plays and people actually believe her!

well yes, paparazzi shots are of course different, I meant that it goes beyond the stage / PV itself, eg till the red carpet, interviews, music award shows etc. she usually keeps her scene image even if she's not on stage.

noidea 23rd February 2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 2254264)
well yes, paparazzi shots are of course different, I meant that it goes beyond the stage / PV itself, eg till the red carpet, interviews, music award shows etc. she usually keeps her scene image even if she's not on stage.

Of course, it's her image, if she doesn't keep it whenever she is "Gaga" then it doesn't work.

truehappiness 23rd February 2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 2254177)
I don't know if anybody posted this info here on AHS, but I just found it on JPM:



Don't know where it's coming from exactly though.

Don't know what that means either. What is a british flair? If I'm thinking about british music, alternative bands like Franz Ferdinand pop up in my head.

Yeah, I said over there on JPM that it came from Baidu aka a very shady place a la 2ch... (once in an old post, and once again in a new post that I quoted the old post in)

I think I also mentioned it here in the London thread but I don't really think they knew anything about the songs that were going to be used in the videos. I guess we'll see when the songs come out with the PVs.

SKYia 23rd February 2010 09:37 PM

My general conclusion was that sometimes other artist want us to believe that what they do on stage is real and the fact that it usually concerns sex is a different story, but for Ayu stage is stage, she can be geisha, she can be cute, she can be perversed and I don't mind it because it doesn't ruin my opinion about her :)

In the same way I expect something really naughty in her new PVs and I can only smile when people here say that she's becoming perversed / kinki / etc just because she used the word 'sexy' in song name or wears latex suit or moves her butt agains Shuya's hips in Identity performance XD

AyUta 24th February 2010 12:31 AM

A british flair? Interesting.

truehappiness 24th February 2010 12:38 AM

Take that description with a grain of salt... it's not one that's exactly too reliable, haha.

gallowsCalibrator 24th February 2010 12:39 AM

Hehe British flair! It seems that Ayu is doing very well with this London influence~ :D Her outfits are amazing and adorable (telephone booth :heart) and the songs sound awesome! (Hm...seems like PVs and singles/albums in different countries mostly turn out awesome!!! *coughMirrorcle Worldcough* But that's just me :D)

Minttulatte 24th February 2010 07:24 AM

^I lolled at the Mirrorcle World PV somehow and I still don't know why. Maybe it's because she looks funny in that phone booth to me. :D

But anyways. I don't remember what I said before about her new song but I wouldn't mind something really nasty sexy R&Bish song from Ayu. She's an adult. She can sing about sex as well because I have a image in my head tof Ayu that isn't so angelic as some Ayu fans seem to think and I really like the idea. :D But she would do it differently though, I wouldn't want her to become Koda Kumi (this is said only because I don't want to make you think I want Ayu to become like Kuu is/or was). Just one nasty song would be alright and then she could keep doing the stuff she usually does or something. :p

I don't understand why it's so horrible for some fans though. Sexy Ayu is better than that sickening cute Ayu which I actually hate from the bottom of my heart. I want more Sexy Ayu. x)

tony5775 24th February 2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYia (Post 2254196)
Whatever Ayu does is always classy, the difference between Ayu and many western artists is that she can separate her shows from life.

I love how she provides some erotic accents to her performances like in Decision or Identity but then goes back to being just herself as we all know her. It's the stage, the performance.

In case of GaGa, well I don't know any of her performances but I know she wears strange outfits in her normal life. I also remember some headlines of local newspapers like "Men want to see my vagina" etc, not cool at al for me.

Ayu is high class show maker, GaGa seems to be lost between her stage and private life, that's why it doesn't matter how Ayu behaves n her performances and PVs (same goes to Koda Kumi) since it's just for the sake of entertainment (and some of us are old.. eee.... mature enough to love those small kinki accents XD).

You are rigt:rolleyes:innocent

AyuGAME 24th February 2010 09:10 AM

whatever...whatever...
ayu is a lot more SENIOR compare to gaga...so i don't think its necessary for her to find inspiration from gaga...period...

teppei_chan92 24th February 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuGAME (Post 2254847)
whatever...whatever...
ayu is a lot more SENIOR compare to gaga...so i don't think its necessary for her to find inspiration from gaga...period...

:yes:yes:yes

Minttulatte 24th February 2010 09:59 AM

^I agree with you and AyuGAME. :yes

Jwiz 24th February 2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuGAME (Post 2254847)
whatever...whatever...
ayu is a lot more SENIOR compare to gaga...so i don't think its necessary for her to find inspiration from gaga...period...

No. It's alright for anyone to find inspiration from anyone, regardless of "rank order" in the music industry.

People have to learn from each other in order to improve. Just because you're more 'senior' than someone, it doesn't mean you can't draw ideas from that person; that would be considered as being narrow minded or something. Ayu can learn from perfume, superfly or anyone else who debuted later than her. Most importantly, when it comes to the end product, Ayu makes it her own, and that's all that matters.

I'm not being biased here but GaGa is a person of great talent. It would be great if Ayu can draw inspiration from her and reinvent it into some even better :yes


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.