![]() |
^ Wasn't it 40? I thought it was around there during A BEST... there was a video/interview about it, but maybe it was less... but it was a huge number for magazines covers. haha
|
^ yes, 40+! I also remember it. I think they said it in NTV 2004 documentary and show a magazine stand full of ayu covers :laugh
it was around March 2001 of course when A BEST was released. |
Quote:
but i remember seeing something about that in a interview too! I wasn't a fan around that time (I didn't appear untill 2003) but I think it would of been epic to be a fan around that time and living in tokyo... |
Will be seeing this in less than 16 hours!!
|
^ you're so lucky!!! share your impression pleeeaaaseee :D
|
^ I second that :D I'm curious to know what people think about the movie! I'm very excited and can't wait to see it myself!
|
I hope this gets subbed so I can watch it.
Forget about Ayumi, all the hype around this movie makes me want to watch it! lol |
I've read the manga translation today. Wow what a story it is. I hope I'll watch it in Tokyo in August, though I'm not sure if this still be available in cinemas
|
Ok so today I actually went to the Stage Greeting event! I won a special lottery. Basically, we watch the movie, and then the cast and director come out tot alk about the film in a huge press event. First off about the film itself. The film is absolutely WILD. It is a totally assault, in both its vividly colorful look and its explicit content. The only thing bad about the film is that it manages to paint such an assaulting picture that it is draining! Such a great commentary on the wild world of fame and staying relevant and beautiful in this world. Sawajiri Erika makes a great return to the screen, playing her role absolutely limitless. For those who read the manga, it follows the manga to the dime. In fact, you could probably watch the film without subtitles and know exactly what is going on, if you read the manga. They really stayed true to it. Like I said, its a very sexually explicit film!
The audience was definitely affected by the film,and were enthusiastic in greeting the director and cast. The stage greeting event after the film was great. There was infinite amounts of press there, and Erika looked absolutely stunning! She had a short blonde cut and actually looked a bit like Ayu ironically. She was on her absolute best behavior. Very happy, VERY bubbly and energetic. i am pretty certain this is her first event since the infamous event 5 years ago. Overall, it was great fun to be a part of a slice of Japanese film history! FINALLY about evolution. It is only in the film once for a brief moment but it is quite powerful. It is bit of a spoiler to tell you though, just know it is only in one scene shortly but is used effetely! And since its the theme, its the song they blasted during the press event (when the cat entered, exit, and during the photo op) It was great to hear evolution ringing through the theaters! |
omg omg omg I'm freaking. I HAVE to see this film.
Need. Now. Like right now. @Evo: that's SO amazing you got to go to that event! |
I knew the movie is great since it has Sawajiri in it. can't wait to watch it with subs :)
|
One news Video from today's event! http://youtu.be/UVCKsryqkOY Expect more videos there was COUNTLESS press there!!
|
Quote:
|
coolness, thanks for the review!
|
You're welcome everyone! The film is just getting better and better in my mind the more I reflect. Like I said, the movie leaves you feeling assaulted and exhausted, and so after seeing it it really takes some time to let it digest. And again, if you REALLy want to see the film but can't get subtitles, as long as you have read the manga you will be fine. :D
OH and a fun little tidbit, frequent past Ayu photographer Kazuyoshi Shimomura stars as himself in a photo-shoot scene of Ririco!! |
woooow I feel like I'll love the movie!!! I thought it woudn't follow manga that much (since it's sooo wild!!), but now I'm sure I'll understand everything :laugh yaaaay!! so excited!!
btw, did you see Kiko Mizuhara?????? |
No she was not at the screening. Would have loved her there! The rest of the cast were the male actors.
|
oh, I see... she may be busy or so... :)
anyways, I think it was nice to see Erika :love |
Are there any cinemas in Tokyo that show new Japanese films with English subtitles?
|
^No. Best bet is read the manga before you see it. :) It follows it to the dime and the movie is super fast paced.
|
| All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:19 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.