Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Colours" out July 2nd + PREMIUM SHOWCASE ~Feel the love~ starting May 30th~ [III] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120156)

tenshi no hane 6th June 2014 10:36 AM

Why give a damn about the song order. Reorder it in iTunes or something if you've got a problem with it. I'm surprised there are no interludes, but I don't mind.

Can't wait for the cover and PVs~

KPL 6th June 2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by November4 (Post 3080366)
This release is a MESS. So no new songs? That's it? Bye excitement, thanks avex marketing.

And seriously Hello new me - Pray - Angel - Terminal in a row in the middle of the album? That totally breaks the flow! These are all slow, long songs. Hello new me and Pray should've been at the end or separated or something... NOW & 4EVA as a last song? Ugh.

I don't agree with putting slow songs to the end though. Ayu has done that for too many times (curtain call etc).

In my personal opinion, to be upbeat again after having a break is a more creative flow.

!Lawi! 6th June 2014 10:49 AM

^Agreed! And this way I'm not going to skip the end of the album.

As for NOW& 4EVA being at the end, someone suggested (before the official tracklist was announced) that it could be cool to have it there, with Tell All as a hidden track. Seems quite likely doesn't it ?

I like the tracklist, as I said earlier I'm just a bit disappointed by the lack of interludes, but the tracks are good, so count me in Ayu !

KPL 6th June 2014 11:05 AM

But in terms of marketing, I do agree the path AVEX has chosen this time is really weird.

It seems as though this album is a monster, and the master has no idea how he should control it and, although it is gorgeous, the master does not know how to show it to the public.

ayumisrael 6th June 2014 11:12 AM

I actually think that lyrically and sound wise NOW & 4EVA fits to be the last song.

Angel is a ballad so they put Hello new me-Pray-Angel it's a good choice if you think about it and hear it more, especially Terminal after them to end it since ayu's parts are like a ballad Terminal also has a "slower start" compared how to how it goes afterwards.

I think the order is ok, I wish that there would be more songs but maybe it's a transition album and the next ones will have more.

First studio/original/full-length ayu album with no interludes here guys hahaha.

(I wonder if it's her namie's STYLE talking about a transition).

RylanJames 6th June 2014 11:25 AM

No new songs? I can just make the album now....


This is beyond lazy. Release an album with ten songs, all great and I love but there are no suprises besides the cover art.


You all know this means no new music for a longgg time

freedreamer 6th June 2014 11:28 AM

GOSH those 6 songs ARE the new songs. Why are people complaining?! So now people are complaining that there are NO interludes and years ago, we were complaining she has 4 freakin' interludes. She just released them early FOR ALL OF US so deal with it. If you're already buying the album, then hang on for the PVs. If not, congratulations, you have the complete Colours album and you can start spamming it guilt-free. Just treat it as an early online release that is available a month before, what's wrong with that?

I like how Angel goes right after Pray because yes, it is somewhat like a ballad. And Angel and Terminal going together is like one of the coolest transitions in terms of lyrical content and titles.
I have a feeling they wanted a 10-track listing on the CD and DVD. LOL...i noticed she used to have 14 as the number

njanjayrp 6th June 2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3080378)
GOSH those 6 songs ARE the new songs. Why are people complaining?! So now people are complaining that there are NO interludes and years ago, we were complaining she has 4 freakin' interludes. She just released them early FOR ALL OF US so deal with it. If you're already buying the album, then hang on for the PVs. If not, congratulations, you have the complete Colours album and you can start spamming it guilt-free. Just treat it as an early online release that is available a month before, what's wrong with that?

I like how Angel goes right after Pray because yes, it is somewhat like a ballad. And Angel and Terminal going together is like one of the coolest transitions in terms of lyrical content and titles.
I have a feeling they wanted a 10-track listing on the CD and DVD. LOL...i noticed she used to have 14 as the number

My thoughts exactly. No matter what she does people are never happy. No one said there was going to be more than 10 songs. Just that the order wasn't determined. So I dunno why did people even think there would be more.

November4 6th June 2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3080378)
GOSH those 6 songs ARE the new songs. Why are people complaining?! So now people are complaining that there are NO interludes and years ago, we were complaining she has 4 freakin' interludes. She just released them early FOR ALL OF US so deal with it. If you're already buying the album, then hang on for the PVs. If not, congratulations, you have the complete Colours album and you can start spamming it guilt-free. Just treat it as an early online release that is available a month before, what's wrong with that?

I like how Angel goes right after Pray because yes, it is somewhat like a ballad. And Angel and Terminal going together is like one of the coolest transitions in terms of lyrical content and titles.
I have a feeling they wanted a 10-track listing on the CD and DVD. LOL...i noticed she used to have 14 as the number

First off, there's a difference between NO interludes and FOUR. At least an introduction track would've been good, then there'd be no complaining.

Yes those 6 new songs are the "new songs", but as LUOYUXIANG described so vividly, releasing the songs so early but not the cover title and art makes it seem like a disjointed, incomplete project. As opposed to the album feeling like a new "era" it just seems like a random release of songs.

Also, Hello new me, Pray and Angel are ballads, yes, but sticking them at the first half of the album is a bad flow, like BALLAD and Sunset being at the beginning of Rock'n'Roll Circus. You start the album off with energy, then 2 tracks later you go into slow ballad mood for 20 minutes. You don't need to stick all the ballads together.

Angel > Terminal is a great flow, though. Track list would've been really good with Pray after NOW & 4EVA for me. Not that it matters too much, I play albums on random anyway, but they could've improved the track list.

This album somehow makes me appreciate Namie's FEEL even more haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3080380)
My thoughts exactly. No matter what she does people are never happy. No one said there was going to be more than 10 songs. Just that the order wasn't determined. So I dunno why did people even think there would be more.

There's always something to complain about, it doesn't mean someone isn't happy about a release if they criticize a part of it. That's what a forum is for, discussing different views and opinions of something you're interested in. :)

owlflight 6th June 2014 12:29 PM

Though I am a tad dismayed at no surprises with the tracklist, I do recognize that Ayu has taken her time to craft an album to her liking. Each of the new songs has its own power that I think can hold up well with a ten track album. I consider myself lucky that Ayu releases as much as she does when compared to several of my favorite artists (one of which took SIX YEARS to release anything new!).

hidekirby 6th June 2014 12:37 PM

Seriously... no new tracks? Not even Tell all or something. We waited all those weeks for nothing?

I really expect another "mini" by the end of the year or I will think she's become more lazy than uncreative.

kinix 6th June 2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RylanJames (Post 3080376)
No new songs? I can just make the album now....


This is beyond lazy. Release an album with ten songs, all great and I love but there are no suprises besides the cover art.


You all know this means no new music for a longgg time


Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekirby (Post 3080393)
Seriously... no new tracks? Not even Tell all or something. We waited all those weeks for nothing?

I really expect another "mini" by the end of the year or I will think she's become more lazy than uncreative.


It's not no new songs dude. It's u download the songs before the album was release. What r you complaining about??? You waited for nothing? She's lazy??? u guys seriously looked stupid.

ayumisrael 6th June 2014 01:08 PM

Yeah I think calling her lazy is the worst and most wrong thing one can say about it.

She worked on that thing for like 6 months (more than on other albums) along with working on the new show and it's not just 1 song or two album.

If you don't like the materials, ok, if you want more songs, it's ok, but the last thing ayu can be called is lazy.

Benikari47 6th June 2014 01:17 PM

Honestly, she's managed to craft one of her strongest albums from the last few years. I'd rather have 10 great tracks than another LOVE Again affair, i couldn't care less about interludes i never listen to them anyway.

hidekirby 6th June 2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 3080396)
It's not no new songs dude. It's u download the songs before the album was release. What r you complaining about??? You waited for nothing? She's lazy??? u guys seriously looked stupid.

Thank you for the compliment, but you obviously didn't understand.

My point is that they were holding informations for weeks as if there was something more (than a title and a track order, I mean what is the point, really?) Plus the album is not cheaper (I'm not sure I can count on that though?).

Last album was full of old songs she decided to release together (is that why this album is so bland?) and it was released more than one year ago.

So yes, she is definitely working less and less as years go by. And I wouldn't "complain" (I'm not even angry or else, really, I learned to lower my expectations with her) if her work was awesome which is not the case IMO.

Anyway, this album is a mess creative wise. It would have been clever to release all those "trendy" songs together and put more "classic" material in a future album. But yeah it's ayu and her team.

I'm happy she is trying new things (for once...) even though she chose EDM like everybody else (but 3 years later).

HilaryDuffFanboy 6th June 2014 02:08 PM

This fanbase is impossible to please. Jeez!

Coelacanth 6th June 2014 02:20 PM

Lol, just an FYI—a good tracklist is not always defined by how well the songs "flow" together stylistically.

It's always interesting when tension rises and falls, and then rises again unexpectedly.

I actually think MY STORY's track order is really unfortunate. The only interesting thing that happens is winding road ---> Humming. That midtempo ballad middle-section... All great songs, all stylistically similar... but it just drags and DRAGS.

kendelle 6th June 2014 02:27 PM

Why are people complaining again?

If you aren't buying the album what are you complaining about? Ayu's not retiring next week. This isn't her "last hurrah" and she was saying she'd release 20 songs but then decided on 5. You didn't pay for anything. Nothing has been taken away from you...

If you are buying the album what are you complaining about? Ayu's not retiring next week. This isn't her "last hurrah" and she was saying she'd release 20 songs but then decided on 5. You preordered based on these tracks alone. Nothing has been taken away from you...

It's pretty simple, she's got an amazing solid album plus the option for a hidden track or two and so many of you always complain the interludes are taking up space.... :(

I like interludes and I'll miss them, but this has shaped up to be a wonderful album. We have a good album title and also have all new PVs and a photoshoot to look forward to.

It's not the end of the world.

Andrenekoi 6th June 2014 02:42 PM

"The new album doesn't have something it was already known it wouldn't have, I FEEL CHEATED"

...

Deep snow 6th June 2014 02:55 PM

Oh God I just saw the full track list on her website and I'm shocked that there are only 10 songs and there are no PVs for Pray (none for Hello new me either, but I care so little about the song). I kept hoping she would pull a surprise near the release date, but it seems she's pulling another Party Queen instead (i.e. where I thought she'd have more PV, which was for Party Queen, but in the end there are only the four videos). I'm gonna try listing the songs on iTunes and listen to how they play out.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.