Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Colours" out July 2nd + PREMIUM SHOWCASE ~Feel the love~ starting May 30th~ [III] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120156)

Ashen Twilight 6th June 2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3080456)
I also can't seem to get over how good some of these songs would sound with ROCK arrangements. If she can do an entire album dedicated to electronic, she needs a new album dedicated to hard rock. I truly believe that's where she can succeed and suits her current voice the best!

Yes please! Rock Ayu = Best Ayu.

Kuronekomi 6th June 2014 10:07 PM

I sooo agree with you both! Rock Ayu is the Ayu I love the most

Coelacanth 6th June 2014 10:22 PM

Complaints about quantity are annoying because there's no logic involved... It's as if Avex and Ayu have this unlimited budget to shell out on an artist way past her peak AND in a shitty sales climate. Has it occurred to anyone that there aren't many new songs because SOMEBODY is paying 5 WORLD-RENOWNED producers for material that, unless there is a huge shift in the opinion of Ayu for the general public, will "flop" anyway by Ayu standards? The ROI on this release probably won't be huge if it sells less than or as
much as LOVE again... yet people still expect her to release maxi-singles and these grand releases as if she still pushes tons of units.

EDIT: and on a side note, I'm wondering if Avex was pinching serious pennies with LOVE again... Everything from the PV's to the arrangements and cheap programming/mixing. I really think there were budgeting issues that quarter, rather than a deliberate intent by the team to make songs that sound like they were created in a Fruity Loops sample library.

November4 7th June 2014 10:52 PM

^ LOL your post is so accurate. "sound like they were created in a Fruity Loops sample library" That is very true. Great melodies, shitty sound.

But do you really need BIG PRODUCERS for good music? I don't know about that... Some of Ayu's best songs were composed by herself, and even my video game composer who is a student can make better sounding tracks than LOVE again lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoa62 (Post 3080495)
The official site announced since the beginning 10 songs: Feel the love, MGR and 8 new songs. Pray and Hello new me are considered as new songs (maybe because they didn't get a physical release?).

Oh, that's where he/she gets it from. I wouldn't consider Pray and Hello new me "new tracks" as they are officially released before the album... but I guess so are the other songs... albeit only for TA. Confusing release. Whatever. WHATEVER is a great song. *goes off to listens*

Chris85 8th June 2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuronekomi (Post 3080507)
I sooo agree with you both! Rock Ayu is the Ayu I love the most

Me too, me too :-)))
I wish Ayu would promote new album on TV, at least one appearance on Music Station would be nice.

waterballoon 8th June 2014 10:40 AM

whatever this album has some of her best song in recent years, so 10 tracks it is then!

the more I listen to Angel the more I just really like it

Ayusan 8th June 2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3080456)
I also can't seem to get over how good some of these songs would sound with ROCK arrangements. If she can do an entire album dedicated to electronic, she needs a new album dedicated to hard rock. I truly believe that's where she can succeed and suits her current voice the best!


There are lot of her songs I would love to hear with real rock arrangements. And I still hope she will do a lot of kickass songs for a future release, but, I don't think it will please the majority of her fans, then I doubt she will.

Last time I heard a kickass song it was with Love songs, sending mail.
She said we would have a rock song on the new album but there is none.
I really miss her "rock" kickass songs, even though she never do real rock, her "own rock style" is fierce, strong, full of punch.



I'm quite disappointed for the ten tracks thing. I explain, I do not like Feel the love, What is..., Hello..., I don't care for Pray, nor Terminal, I find NOW & 4EVA kinda meh, Merry go round is listenable times to times I guess. So it let me with XOXO, Lelio and Angel. Yet Angel isn't the song I would go on repeat without shouting "shut up"...

I wish the tracklist could be longer and get more songs to listen but yeah.... well I didn't feel her releases since FIVE and for the first time since, I'm curious about her current tour, the PVs, really like some songs, etc... so I think all is good in the end?!

rikku1994 9th June 2014 09:02 AM

Ayu releases LOVE again (her usual love themed music), everybody hated it. "It's too long, too boring"

Ayu releases COLOURS (kinda different for Ayu release), everybody hated it. "It's too short, too generic" :I

It's like you people can't be pleased huh?

I love this album, and Imma play it non-stop till' the next album~

Yoake 9th June 2014 09:24 AM

^please stop with theses wrong generalities. Everyone has different tastes. You should accept it because the diversity is a wealth

rikku1994 9th June 2014 01:18 PM

^Ugh I know, but sometimes there's just too much negativity with people's comments, it's just so overwhelming.

Zeke. 9th June 2014 01:33 PM

Of course not all fans are pleased with any release because WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT PREFERENCES. It goes to show that ayu appeals to diverse people for different reasons. So GROUP A won't like X release, but GROUP B will. GROUP B will like Y release, and GROUP A won't. That's how it goes.

November4 9th June 2014 02:34 PM

"diversity is a wealth" I love that, I'm gonna save this quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikku1994 (Post 3080968)
Ayu releases LOVE again (her usual love themed music), everybody hated it. "It's too long, too boring"

Ayu releases COLOURS (kinda different for Ayu release), everybody hated it. "It's too short, too generic" :I

It's like you people can't be pleased huh?

I love this album, and Imma play it non-stop till' the next album~

How does everyone hate these releases? x.x Actually I don't remember anyone say they actually hated the album lol.

pepper 9th June 2014 02:46 PM

i think I'm the only one who 'dislike' this album :D it's too hard to say "dislike" because I always end up liking everything. But well, to be honest I don't think I will be listening to it. I will wait for another one XD

Andrenekoi 9th June 2014 03:20 PM

I just think there's a difference between stating you dislike something and repeating how much you dislike something everytime on every thread...

November4 9th June 2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3081021)
I just think there's a difference between stating you dislike something and repeating how much you dislike something everytime on every thread...

True! And people who always complain about others complaining everytime in every thread. xD AHS. Da magical place. <3

Yoake 9th June 2014 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rikku1994 (Post 3081007)
^Ugh I know, but sometimes there's just too much negativity with people's comments, it's just so overwhelming.

I know how you can feel bad and want to react when you read negative comments about what you like. In that case, just close your eyes and take a deep breath to lighten your mind because the most important is what you feel when you listen to a song and not the view of others. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 3081019)
i think I'm the only one who 'dislike' this album :D it's too hard to say "dislike" because I always end up liking everything. But well, to be honest I don't think I will be listening to it. I will wait for another one XD

I'm not fond of this album too. Though I won't say that I dislike it from A to Z as it would be wrong. There are songs I like but I really think it's her weakest album. And it's weird that I'm not eager about the release or that I don't listen to the songs again and again, day after day as I usually do.
I understand your feeling about the "dislike" thing because for the first time (and I never thought that it could happen), there is a song I can't listen to. I forced myself but it just hurt my ears, I can't.

kotora 9th June 2014 09:55 PM

People just like to complain but never thinks in different perspectives.

My Rainbow 9th June 2014 10:24 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls585vBz851qe6ah5.gif

ExodusUK 10th June 2014 01:17 AM

The album is cool.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 10th June 2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Rainbow (Post 3081081)

90% of posts I read on here make me feel this way :rolleyes


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.