Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "how beautiful you are" Jacket Released (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112637)

Earth_maiden 7th February 2012 04:53 PM

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the first page. Never mind. XD

sanzo2011 7th February 2012 04:59 PM

The bigger cover's gorgeous! i love her expression! kind of nostalgic!

Midori-chan 7th February 2012 05:00 PM

GORGEOUS! PERFECT! One of her best covers ever!!! :smitten
I love Ayu's dress and the setting!

And no fish lips! I'm so happy I could cry!

happiholic★ 7th February 2012 05:01 PM

The concept is a little over-done, but its actually very pretty, and one of her best covers in a very very long time.

Maemi 7th February 2012 05:14 PM

I love the cover.

And who's the woman in the portrait? I thought at first it is Elizabeth I...

Macro 7th February 2012 05:16 PM

So it's a Timmy song?

miroro 7th February 2012 05:16 PM

the cover is so pretty:heart and the song omg, already on repeat

Aderianu 7th February 2012 05:28 PM

I made textless cover

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...Brush-Tool.png

dzinup 7th February 2012 05:30 PM

Wooow I love her dress!!! <3

HanabiChick 7th February 2012 05:33 PM

I like the larger cover, beautiful :) Just listened to the song, I'm liking it.

ayuuk 7th February 2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2814308)

It's so pretty!! Love it!!

Heavenly 7th February 2012 05:45 PM

I love the instrumental version much better than the original one :laugh
Am I alone ? lol

Aderianu 7th February 2012 05:48 PM

^ me too =) to tell the truth I don't like this song
I love singing with a breathy, but not in this time

hidekirby 7th February 2012 05:49 PM

The cover looks random and awkward. What is she doing? It's a cover, not a fashion advert. :no

There is also no cohesion at all. It feels like everything isn't planned. The lighting, settings, colors, composition... It's just poor.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 7th February 2012 06:02 PM

I love this cover so much. It's simple and gorgeous. I personally love random stuff, so yeah lol It's random, but to me it works :yes

The song is also gorgeous.

isthisLOL? 7th February 2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemi (Post 2814291)
I love the cover.

And who's the woman in the portrait? I thought at first it is Elizabeth I...

I asked that a few pages ago but nobody responded. From the hairstyle and outfit it seems to be her but isn't the hair too dark?
It would make sense with her being the virgin queen and stuff.

xLuna&1LOVE 7th February 2012 06:21 PM

I love this song!

Mari-chan 7th February 2012 06:46 PM

I really like that cover... the song also is really beautiful!

JackieRos 7th February 2012 06:48 PM

love everything but from what I can see her face is a no no.


That dress is gorgeous.

microphone 7th February 2012 06:53 PM

Can someone let me know the full credits for this song?

Kana×Shin 7th February 2012 07:09 PM

I don't know where to ask this, is there lyrics for 「how beautiful you are」?

Catfisk 7th February 2012 07:16 PM

Best cover in ages ;~~; Man I love it! <3

Aderianu 7th February 2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kana×Shin (Post 2814408)
I don't know where to ask this, is there lyrics for 「how beautiful you are」?

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=435

bluegie 7th February 2012 07:57 PM

^the lyric is very beautiful indeed.. :)

relmy 7th February 2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2814357)
I asked that a few pages ago but nobody responded. From the hairstyle and outfit it seems to be her but isn't the hair too dark?
It would make sense with her being the virgin queen and stuff.

Queen Elizabeth I is usually a red head or milky brunette. I don't think it's Mary I either, kinda looks like Mary Queen of Scots.

I will find out who she is!!

SKYia 7th February 2012 08:40 PM

Google images and wiki failed me, I've tried all possible combinations, queen paintings, queen with collar paintings, english paintings, monarchs paintings, countess paintings, tudors paintings, etc, still haven't found the painting :p

relmy 7th February 2012 08:45 PM

99.9% sure she isn't an English Queen or Queen Consort, I'd definitely recognise her.

Then again, this could have been shot in England, in which case she could be some aristocratic family's daughter, so unless they were really prominent we'll never know. Old estates are full of portraits.

I doubt it's anyone *that* important, otherwise it'd be in a gallery or something.

gallowsCalibrator 7th February 2012 08:47 PM

Haha, I just now saw this.
I first saw it on Tumblr and thought it was fanmade, but then I checked here, and it's real?!
Wow, she looks stunning! I really, really, really love this photo. The dress, the ladder, the background, everything. It's gorgeous!

Maemi 7th February 2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2814449)
99.9% sure she isn't an English Queen or Queen Consort, I'd definitely recognise her.

Then again, this could have been shot in England, in which case she could be some aristocratic family's daughter, so unless they were really prominent we'll never know. Old estates are full of portraits.

I doubt it's anyone *that* important, otherwise it'd be in a gallery or something.

I'm 99.9% sure I've seen her picture somewhere, and I'm also sure that I would recognize her, I agree, her hair is different (Elizabeth I) but she looks a bit like her. I need to find out! *curious*

adantatu2 7th February 2012 10:53 PM

The big cover is beautiful !!! yay!!! NO MORE FISH LIPS :)
The song is better in full, it could be a grower of course

hikaricore 7th February 2012 11:10 PM

I think it's quite a step in the right direction for Ayu.
I would love to see her have another big hit, and this song
could very well do it.
And I agree with the comments that say it's better in full.

Kanzaki 7th February 2012 11:37 PM

Judging by her dress, she's 17th century. So you guys can search for 17th century portraits, narrow it down by that. Also, she does look like royality....perhaps an austrian or dutch princess or something? I've never seen this particular portrait before I think.

Aah, I just did another search, looks like some countries had that collar thing going on, even during the early 16th century. Damnit, this is like detective work!

It's such a beautiful cover. I love everything about it.

PoetGirl 7th February 2012 11:53 PM

I think thats Virgin Elizabeth http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...th01b.jpg/sr=1

pepper 8th February 2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 2814236)
Listened now, still doesn't do anything for me.
Is it me or does she sing with a cute undertone in her voice, at least the first verse?
I hate her cute voice with a passion! ;_;
Like the one she's using in the CM saying mu-mo, horrible.

my friend (ayu's listener too) said exactly the same. ;x

pepper 8th February 2012 12:09 AM

the bigger cover, wow, I ain't even mad about the typography this time! the color doesnt match etc, but w/c, one of the best cover she ever made. i cant wait for PQ cover now, omg.

ownsarai 8th February 2012 12:12 AM

This cover is gorgeous, the best cover in a very long time for a single...too bad it will not be a physical release, I would love to own this cover.

~kashifaita~ 8th February 2012 12:17 AM

The cover's honestly something I'd expect from a magazine featuring ayu or something...but it's still incredibly gorgeous nonetheless.

Hopefully this also means the album cover will be just as good, if not better ^.^.

ohsixthirty 8th February 2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maemi (Post 2814470)
I'm 99.9% sure I've seen her picture somewhere, and I'm also sure that I would recognize her, I agree, her hair is different (Elizabeth I) but she looks a bit like her. I need to find out! *curious*

me too. i'm sure that i've seen that picture somewhere and that it is relatively famous, but i just can't place it. then again, there are SO many pictures that look similar that maybe i'm just confused.

alternarist 8th February 2012 01:27 AM

i like how pretty it looks. but dislike how they did nth to the font.. haha but oh well its a digital single so its ok..

awesome song by the way!

*hearT_Place* 8th February 2012 02:25 AM

That cover is amazing!!

Darn you, avex, for not making this available internationally!!

redhairedking 8th February 2012 03:35 AM

I just got the single! Hoping it's good.

SheFliesHigher 8th February 2012 03:55 AM

Incredible cover!

pimenta 8th February 2012 05:12 AM

The cover is gorgeous, but I think I would be even more beautiful if she had long hair D:

TITANIC 8th February 2012 05:27 AM

love this cover so much, her lips not overexposed

ayuuk 8th February 2012 05:49 AM

Great to have something that has a real background, not just a huge face with fish lips LOL and maybe the painting has a story. If we get more of this series in the album booklet, we will see how it is developed. :P

And for some reason the cover overall makes me think of Renoir. Haha so random!

Kanzaki 8th February 2012 06:01 AM

Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

Yukitora 8th February 2012 06:08 AM

I don't know why everyone likes her face so much, it still looks duck faced to me.

Onton 8th February 2012 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 (Post 2814651)
Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

Amazing! More stunning than the original one :yes:yes
Thank you!

love in music 8th February 2012 06:25 AM

nice work Kanzaki88! i prefer the pink to the purple, though both are incredibly gorgeous. i wonder if this will be part of the Party Queen album shoot like how the Together When... cover was part of the GUILTY shoot. if so i'm really looking forward to more pics from this shoot!

Kanzaki 8th February 2012 06:33 AM

Thank you! ^^ The purple was really pretty, but it struck me as such a muted color. I wanted it to pop.

koumori 8th February 2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 (Post 2814651)
Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

Much better. So much better. Saving it and using it on my iTunes later~ Thanks :heart

emi♡ 8th February 2012 06:59 AM

omg its like the other one was a fake, and thats the real one :heart

I would tweet it to ayu and leslie....but......lol

truehappiness 8th February 2012 07:26 AM

I don't think she's pushing her lips out at all, they're just very large from the gloss and the way they're done which is probably why people are okay with how it looks.

YUKARI 8th February 2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 (Post 2814651)
Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

I prefer purple, but I like how you've changed the letters :)

Aderianu 8th February 2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 (Post 2814651)
Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

fonts looks so much better
It's nice, but I prefer blue skirt

truehappiness 8th February 2012 09:15 AM

It's kind of relevant to the release so I'm putting this here. Timmy's posting at another J-Pop forum now that the digital single came out. I think there's a possibility that he may come here.

Quote:

(takes a deep breath) Hi everyone I'm Tim, just wanted to say... I know where you live.
LOL
Seriously I'm a big Japan freak like many of you, and I'm interested to know how things are being received.
Be nice, OK? Xxx

I'm certainly not gonna be singing on all her tracks don't worry! Think of me like another weapon in her arsenal. Hehe Tbh I'm so relieved HBYA has been released in its entirety - the drama edit was a bit brutal IMO.

Party Queen is actually the first song I wrote specifically for Ayu. I deliberately didn't listen to her back catalogue (although she had listened to mine) - I just went with my gut. With songs as different as my first 3 for Ayu I know I'm not going to please everyone, but there's a lot more on the album (from me and various others!) Luv Tim

ayumisrael 8th February 2012 09:26 AM

That cover is awe-inspiring :heart

Beffi 8th February 2012 09:27 AM

^^ Wow, haha. There could be quite a large possibility that he signs up here then...

Macro 8th February 2012 09:30 AM

Will the album follow the same art direction?

YUKARI 8th February 2012 09:34 AM

wow. if you're here too, Tim, please, answer ;)

Aderianu 8th February 2012 09:46 AM

^oh no %) I hope he will never come here

Kanzaki 8th February 2012 09:57 AM

Yes! Tim! He'll be our Ayu-insider!

Aderianu 8th February 2012 09:59 AM

don't want ayu's staff to see Downloads section %)

pommy48 8th February 2012 10:01 AM

Lol they'll be stupid to think we don't have one.

They already know about Ayu China always

And I'm sure...Dave(?) (do it again composer) saw it when he came by a while back.

Aderianu 8th February 2012 10:14 AM

^it's a shame anyway %)

truehappiness 8th February 2012 10:15 AM

I don't think he'd care about that anyway. He just wants feedback on the new releases and isn't around to patrol for Ayu/avex.

BlackSilence 8th February 2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2814713)
^oh no %) I hope he will never come here

MTE, poor guy would be devastated by the negativity on this forum, not nescessarily the download section xD

ohsixthirty 8th February 2012 11:26 AM

What Jpop forum did he join??

OyTony 8th February 2012 11:50 AM

^jpopcentral =)

Aderianu 8th February 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 2814728)
MTE, poor guy would be devastated by the negativity on this forum, not nescessarily the download section xD

you're right %) I forgot about endless holy war in twitter thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsixthirty (Post 2814732)
What Jpop forum did he join??

http://jpopcentral.yuku.com/topic/11...D-POWE?page=31

ALfromHELLSING 8th February 2012 12:02 PM

Cover is great, but the song itself is even better. it's so SO amazing! <3

roanmy 8th February 2012 12:41 PM

I hate her voice in this. It has become way too apparent that she struggles to sing. I thought she was getting vocal training now?

Anyway, I will probably get PQ since I have all her other albums, but I am glad I am getting the CD+DVD version this time, so I can listen to the previews first.

ALfromHELLSING 8th February 2012 12:47 PM

I really love her voice in this song. I can't wait to hear previews for other tracks.

OyTony 8th February 2012 12:49 PM

Does somebody know the two fonts on the cover? ^^

isthisLOL? 8th February 2012 12:51 PM

Whenever people say her voice is bad on this(or any FIVE song but progress) I just laugh by now. The ONE thing that can be 100% objectively said about her current era is that her vocals are much better than they have been from 2006-2010 and her vocal technique is the best of her career(she used to use completely wrong vocal technique, even in the eras she sounded good in, now she uses correct vocal technique)

Also, the song is up to #3 on iTunes, both the overall and J-Pop Charts. Just to compare: Madonna's new single is at #19 and she is getting lots of promotion on iTunes itself while Ayumi has a small thumbnail and is getting banner promo in the J-Pop category only.

ohsixthirty 8th February 2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2814723)
I don't think he'd care about that anyway. He just wants feedback on the new releases and isn't around to patrol for Ayu/avex.

actually...i kind of don't think timmy would join ahs.

sure, david reitz joined and posted here, but he isn't an avex employee. timmy actually works for ayu/avex and thus i don't think it would look good to them if he were posting on a forum where there are downloads. i think to avex it would be like taking part in something that hurts their business and they would not be happy about it.

isthisLOL? 8th February 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2814442)
Queen Elizabeth I is usually a red head or milky brunette. I don't think it's Mary I either, kinda looks like Mary Queen of Scots.

I will find out who she is!!

Yeah I thought that. But if it were Elizabeth I that would work very well as a reference to Virgin Road and the queen's gentleness(compared to other monarchs of that time that is) and her love for art.
I guess it's someone random then though :/

kendelle 8th February 2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 (Post 2814651)
Many of you might not like it as much as the original, or at all, but I've made an edited cover for you to use, that's not too far from the original.

http://i.imgur.com/DotTV.jpg

Use it if you want! :)

This is lovely!! ^_^

AHS would probably be the first place he would come. Maybe he reads the forums but hasn't signed up yet?

And, since Timmy is under Ayu's wing, I would think he'd have more freedom to talk on her releases than a regular desk employee - Ayu's staff tend to do a lot of networking stuff. It'd be like them saying that Peco can't have a link to her CD on her blog because she's Ayu's backup dancer. I think Ayu's staff would have a lot of freedom, actually...

RayJason 8th February 2012 01:46 PM

Thanks for the edit kanzaki! It looks way better. And lol, Timmy might be joining AHS? Someone clean up the download section ASAP! lol no don't. :P (How are we sure that the guy was lucky to get his username to 'timwellard'? It might be a troll.) edit NEVER mind, he tweeted about it.

So is this ayu's 51's single?

stivenoto 8th February 2012 01:46 PM

Cant stop listening to How Beautiful You are

My new favorite songs.....

elvesword 8th February 2012 01:52 PM

I love the cover!

AyUmIXx 8th February 2012 01:55 PM

Kanzaki88, wow the fanmade alternative cover is very nice, coz it;s pink! hehe~~ thanks for sharing!

elvis810 8th February 2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2814761)
Whenever people say her voice is bad on this(or any FIVE song but progress) I just laugh by now. The ONE thing that can be 100% objectively said about her current era is that her vocals are much better than they have been from 2006-2010 and her vocal technique is the best of her career(she used to use completely wrong vocal technique, even in the eras she sounded good in, now she uses correct vocal technique)

so true!

~ayu-cake~ 8th February 2012 02:00 PM

Oh my....
This cover is just....stunning!

jewelbox 8th February 2012 02:18 PM

She looks absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous cover!

L.... 8th February 2012 02:36 PM

I love this cover! I wish it is a physical released... :(

YUKARI 8th February 2012 02:38 PM

this single is very promising! hope the album doesn't disappoint.

Kanzaki 8th February 2012 02:41 PM

I wish this was a physical release as well, most of all because I would be DYING to see that booklet! :O

toniayu 8th February 2012 03:14 PM

We saw pics from Together when... photoshoot in GUILTY booklet,didn't we?So,why people are dying for a physical copy?I'm sure we'll see more pics in Party Queen booklet/photobook

YUKARI 8th February 2012 03:17 PM

^ I also think we'll see more. such a gorgeous photoshoot can't be used only once oO

setsuka 8th February 2012 03:38 PM

ummm JPC has a DL section,not as active as the one here and you have to have 10 posts to see it

anyway hbya has grew on me a lot, by the time the album comes I will like!
though I think her vocals on it are gorgeous

JackieRos 8th February 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toniayu (Post 2814825)
I'm sure we'll see more pics in Party Queen booklet/photobook

yes hopefully

ohsixthirty 8th February 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by setsuka (Post 2814834)
ummm JPC has a DL section,not as active as the one here and you have to have 10 posts to see it

anyway hbya has grew on me a lot, by the time the album comes I will like!
though I think her vocals on it are gorgeous

they do? i thought they didn't for some reason. maybe timmy doesn't know, haha.

i just think it would be strange for an avex employee to frequent a place that shares his employer's work for free. :shrug

AyuGAME 8th February 2012 03:54 PM

i wonder when recochoku chart will be updated?
I believe Ayu will get number one...

MissElin_ 8th February 2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieRos (Post 2814838)
yes hopefully

Yes I love your ava.

isthisLOL? 8th February 2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuGAME (Post 2814840)
i wonder when recochoku chart will be updated?
I believe Ayu will get number one...

She's still at #3 on iTunes...but maybe she'll do even better on recochoku :)

Lady_Eowyn 8th February 2012 04:14 PM

If her photobook has the same features as this pic,i'd definitely like to purchase it.

I still can't believe she released this cover. o.o

I still have to listen again the song to give an objective opinion, but in general terms i like the song, the message is lovely and positive. :)

Btw, i don't think the portrait is Elizabeth I,unless is a portrait of an early age,because if she already appears as a queen she should have all the symbols that recognize her as a governor,like the crown or the sphere (i think a snake is also a part of these symbols, i dont remember) anyway for me the crown confirms ayu intended to suggest Elizabeth,even if the portrait is not necesarily her.

ayu_ready? 8th February 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2814761)
Whenever people say her voice is bad on this(or any FIVE song but progress) I just laugh by now. The ONE thing that can be 100% objectively said about her current era is that her vocals are much better than they have been from 2006-2010 and her vocal technique is the best of her career(she used to use completely wrong vocal technique, even in the eras she sounded good in, now she uses correct vocal technique)

absolutely not true

Quote:

Originally Posted by roanmy (Post 2814757)
I hate her voice in this. It has become way too apparent that she struggles to sing. I thought she was getting vocal training now?

this is what absolutely true :yes

isthisLOL? 8th February 2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_ready? (Post 2814867)
absolutely not true

Yes it is, her control has greatly increased, as has her range. Her tone has gotten clearer and her vibrato isn't all over the place anymore. Liking it or not is another thing, her vocals have increased like crazy lately. Fact.

JackieRos 8th February 2012 06:04 PM

I don't think the picture has a meaning in the cover.
Unless they say what it means which probably wont happen.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.