Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [X] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113117)

jewelbox 20th March 2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 2838113)
Those numbers really aren't surprising to me. This album has almost no hype or promotion behind it; I really don't think anyone outside of her fan base is aware of it. And I don't think the covers help things one bit.

Sad but true.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 20th March 2012 07:19 PM

I want translations for NaNaNa and Shake It!

Kouyou 20th March 2012 07:30 PM

Those numbers do not reflect final sales. Someone said they don't even include pre-orders. I think Ayu still has a really good chance of outselling Acid Black Cherry. :yes

Chiharo 20th March 2012 08:34 PM

Can anyone who's got their copy rip the album in FLAC if possible, please?

TeamAyu2004 20th March 2012 08:41 PM

i cant wait to get the power of music upload!
im almost shaking in my chair... lol
Also... first day sales ( on a holiday no less) I dont think will have that big effect... I would be surprised if the sales drop tomorrow.

freedreamer 21st March 2012 01:46 AM

I just managed to track and my copy is still in Japan *sobs*

douggn 21st March 2012 01:56 AM

Since it doesn't look like that the photos taken in London for the album were not used at all. I wonder if they will pop up on something else or was it like I am... and ayu scratched the old photo shoot for the album for a new one

Kazeyomi 21st March 2012 01:56 AM

I'm optimistic about sales, they can still raise.

And don't worry about chart position, I think today will be #1 soon :yes. I mean, could be much worse if she were debuting at #98 with just 1000 copies sold lol.

KarenPang 21st March 2012 02:18 AM

I'm very sure ayumi will be able to outsell ABC in the long run despite the early sales . I don't think max matsuura is dumb to get both of them to release their albums on the same week , especially since ABC's music is released via Motorod which's a sub division label of avex & that max executively produced ABC's works from SPELL MAGIC til now

If that's so , both their albums will not released together on the same week . ABC has never been a threat to anyone that much if you look at his/their past charting performances for his/their singles if not albums

Discography wise , ABC doesn't have any #1 hit's for their singles/albums , the closest he/they always get is #2

truehappiness 21st March 2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazeyomi (Post 2838440)
I'm optimistic about sales, they can still raise.

And don't worry about chart position, I think today will be #1 soon :yes. I mean, could be much worse if she were debuting at #98 with just 1000 copies sold lol.

I think they're pretty much guaranteed to rise unless everyone's just performing badly this week.

I kind of see this turning out like GUILTY but not as stable since that was the last time they released an album a day early due to holidays.

RayJason 21st March 2012 02:52 AM

OMG look at ayu's last.fm chart! All of Party Queens songs are there, and the listener numbers are stunning! SO HIGH! :D

TeamAyu2004 21st March 2012 02:54 AM

too bad that doesnt translate to sales...

AyumiAi 21st March 2012 03:11 AM

I think people need to relax and wait for tomorrow :)

I GOT MY COPY TODAY! :D WOOT LOVED LOVED LOVED THE MIDDLE PART OF THE ALBUM AND RETURN ROAD MADE ME ORGASM THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

Need to get used to the first part and the last part is okay >.< I don't like jazz music so it's hard but i'll learn :3

THE PV for REturn Road is epic! and I'm in love with HBYA now with it's PV

the PV for nana and Shake it are terrible >.< but wtv GO AYU! :)

emi♡ 21st March 2012 03:16 AM

I thought first day sales are usually on wednesdays?

YUKARI 21st March 2012 03:23 AM

^ I also thought so :yrolleyes

Anyways, let's wait how things turn out today.

TeamAyu2004 21st March 2012 04:08 AM

today is Wednesday over there right?

emi♡ 21st March 2012 04:15 AM

yeah but, it's barely noon over there...the day's not even over. :shrug

YUKARI 21st March 2012 04:22 AM

yes, it's only 12:22 pm now I think. the day's only beginning.

TeamAyu2004 21st March 2012 04:58 AM

they might have projections and what not... the album was released monday right?
So tuesday was mondays sales... today would be tuesdays sales?
Or am i a day behind.. lol

Heavenly 21st March 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douggn (Post 2838439)
Since it doesn't look like that the photos taken in London for the album were not used at all. I wonder if they will pop up on something else or was it like I am... and ayu scratched the old photo shoot for the album for a new one

I think we will see this photoshoot someday.
After all, I've been always conviced that the original photoshoot of I am... was used for ayu-mi-x 4 covers...

AyuWorld 21st March 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyumiAi (Post 2838482)
I think people need to relax and wait for tomorrow :)

I GOT MY COPY TODAY! :D WOOT LOVED LOVED LOVED THE MIDDLE PART OF THE ALBUM AND RETURN ROAD MADE ME ORGASM THE ENTIRE TIME!!!

Need to get used to the first part and the last part is okay >.< I don't like jazz music so it's hard but i'll learn :3

THE PV for REturn Road is epic! and I'm in love with HBYA now with it's PV

the PV for nana and Shake it are terrible >.< but wtv GO AYU! :)

yes exactly what i feel when listening to this album!! :hi5:yatta:shimmy

thatstacey 21st March 2012 12:55 PM

I'm still confused by this whole release, but that hasn't stopped me from anxiously awaiting my copies of the album and POWER of MUSIC

Whatever happened to that Party Queen photobook?

Heavenly 21st March 2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatstacey (Post 2838735)
Whatever happened to that Party Queen photobook?

It's postponed, as well as the LIFE STYLE photobook.

OyTony 21st March 2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatstacey (Post 2838735)
Whatever happened to that Party Queen photobook?

It's postponed. ^^

thatstacey 21st March 2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenly (Post 2838736)
It's postponed, as well as the LIFE STYLE photobook.

Thanks.

I'm still half-expecting it to be absorbed into the LIFE STYLE book.

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 01:20 PM

so...does anyone know what to do with the ayupan AR? i want to unlock the other stage ayupans, but i dont know what i'm supposed to do in those mini games. :yconfused

Aderianu 21st March 2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohsixthirty (Post 2838743)
so...does anyone know what to do with the ayupan AR? i want to unlock the other stage ayupans, but i dont know what i'm supposed to do in those mini games. :yconfused

Run, ohsixthirty, run =)

Suteisi 21st March 2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2838202)
I want translations for NaNaNa and Shake It!

You and I seem to be wanting the same things this week XD

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2838746)
Run, ohsixthirty, run =)

how do i run???? :headache

Misa-chan 21st March 2012 01:49 PM

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:

Quote:

And then, yesterday, I received requests from various TV programmes with regards to promotion for my beloved Party Queen. There were so many coming in!

A total of 26!!!!!
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ
26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

Aderianu 21st March 2012 01:50 PM

ohsixthirty push the button at the bottom

Suteisi 21st March 2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838760)
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:



26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ


Sooo... 26 REQUESTS right?
Doesn't means she's going to be doing all of them...

freedreamer 21st March 2012 01:55 PM

She got requests! Ahhhh Ayu's still well-loved by Japanese media :)
hope it reaches out to the general public as well.
i believe this is her first time speaking out about whatever that has happened..hope it generates interest

AyuWorld 21st March 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838760)
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:
Quote:

And then, yesterday, I received requests from various TV programmes with regards to promotion for my beloved Party Queen. There were so many coming in!

A total of 26!!!!!
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

26 requests!!! people still like and love her in japan!!! :yes:yes:yes:yes:yes:P

Misa-chan 21st March 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suteisi (Post 2838762)
Sooo... 26 REQUESTS right?
Doesn't means she's going to be doing all of them...

True, but as freedreamer and ayuworld has said, it shows that there's still a huge demand for our party queen ^^

Even if she ends up attending just 5 of them, it'll be more than enough for me. :D

title156 21st March 2012 01:58 PM

Hopefully, there is MUSIC STATION SPECIAL in that 26 requests. :D

ayuuk 21st March 2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838760)
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:

26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

Yay I am so happy when I read this! And man, the photos she just uploaded are all soooo stunning. The one with Shuya seems so fierce, and the one with Maro looks so sweeeeet.

ayu_ready? 21st March 2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838760)
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:



26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

so you can only perform if you got requested? is it like this in Japan? I thought avex bought screentime & stuff, no? and that you pay for TV appearance to promote yourself?

Misa-chan 21st March 2012 02:10 PM

EDIT:

Wait a second, rereading that sentence again, I think she said that she has already done that 26 interviews...

Quote:

And then, the other day, I did interviews for various TV programmes with regards to promotion for my beloved Party Queen. There were so many!

A total of 26!!!!!
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

I started faltering and fumbling over my words halfway through. (laugh)

We started when the sky was still dark, and when I came out at the end of it all, I was surprised that the sun was actually still shining strongly. (laugh)

Well, many of these programmes are online ones, and many are region-limited programmes, so no matter where you are, you'll definitely get to see these interviews, so my hard work will definitely pay off----- ☆彡

Please do check them out d(^_^o)
Too much awesome.

:faint :faint :faint :faint :faint

Now she just needs to sing some songs live, and promotion will be perfect!! ^^

Someone, please help double check with the kanji. I don't want to disseminate wrong info and get everyone excited for the wrong reason...

Spoiler:
それでねっ、先日、この愛すべきParty Queenのプロモーションで、様々なTV番組のインタビューを受けたのだけど、その数なんと!

合計26番組!!!!!
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

途中から全然ろれつが回らなくなってもうカミカミ。笑

薄暗い時間から始めたんだけど、全部終わって外出たら、お日様ガンガンのぼりまくりの照らされまくりでビッ クリしました。笑

しかーしっ、全国ネットの番組もモチロンたくさんあったけど、地方限定の番組もたくさんあったから、どこの 地域の皆でも、必ずどれかは観てもらえるハズだから、きっと頑張った甲斐はあったのだーっっっ っっ☆彡

是非ともチェックしてねーんっd(^_^o)

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838760)
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere yet, but THIS NEEDS TO BE SHARED!!!!!! XD

according to ayu's latest TA entry:



26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

wow, thats pretty impressive! i hope she will actually do some of these apearances!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2838761)
ohsixthirty push the button at the bottom

hmmm... i hope someone translates this because i don't know whats going on at all. ayupan is on a break now i guess, but i don't know what the gauges and numbers mean. :shrug

Aderianu 21st March 2012 02:12 PM

How many requests did she replied?

ayu_ready? adore your gifs =)

Utena 21st March 2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misa-chan (Post 2838773)
EDIT:

Wait a second, rereading that sentence again, I think she said that she has already done that 26 interviews...



Too much awesome.

:faint :faint :faint :faint :faint

Now she just needs to sing some songs live, and promotion will be perfect!! ^^

Someone, please help double check with the kanji. I don't want to disseminate wrong info and get everyone excited for the wrong reason...

Spoiler:
それでねっ、先日、この愛すべきParty Queenのプロモーションで、様々なTV番組のインタビューを受けたのだけど、その数なんと!

合計26番組!!!!!
Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

途中から全然ろれつが回らなくなってもうカミカミ。笑

薄暗い時間から始めたんだけど、全部終わって外出たら、お日様ガンガンのぼりまくりの照らされまくりでビッ クリしました。笑

しかーしっ、全国ネットの番組もモチロンたくさんあったけど、地方限定の番組もたくさんあったから、どこの 地域の皆でも、必ずどれかは観てもらえるハズだから、きっと頑張った甲斐はあったのだーっっっ っっ☆彡

是非ともチェックしてねーんっd(^_^o)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure she says that she already did them! Impressive!!

Aderianu 21st March 2012 02:16 PM

ohsixthirty you need to wait around 1 hour, I think, and than continue to run %) but Foyuki said you can change time on your phone. it'll finish the break

Misa-chan 21st March 2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2838776)
How many requests did she replied?

ayu_ready? adore your gifs =)

I think she did them all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utena (Post 2838781)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure she says that she already did them! Impressive!!

Thanks for the confirmation!! :luv2

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2838782)
ohsixthirty you need to wait around 1 hour, I think, and than continue to run %) but Foyuki said you can change time on your phone. it'll finish the break

haha, lazy Ayupan needs too many break!

run i say! run!!!

TeamAyu2004 21st March 2012 04:24 PM

the girl is on a roll!
I wonder if this will help pick up sales in next few weeks...
imagine getting a number 1 album in the 2nd release...

jewelbox 21st March 2012 04:34 PM

26 Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ
awesome!!!

Refix 21st March 2012 04:41 PM

Hoo she already interviewed? Great, then all we can do now is praying that PQ have a significant increasing selling (not so significant I guess). Amen for that.

freedreamer 21st March 2012 04:48 PM

Did she do it overnight? she said it was dark..and then...she came out and the sun was up?

Suteisi 21st March 2012 06:13 PM

Is it possible Timmy was included??

A few days ago he wrote on Twitter that he was done shooting at night... or maybe I misunderstood?!

Corvina 21st March 2012 06:17 PM

26 interviews, that's much!
But interviews, right, so no performances.
And most of them online?
Hm, don't know, how much of an impact it will have...
Though I hope we get some more insight! :yes

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suteisi (Post 2838954)
Is it possible Timmy was included??

A few days ago he wrote on Twitter that he was done shooting at night... or maybe I misunderstood?!

i think that was shooting for the concert, recording all the video screens and stuff.

YUKARI 21st March 2012 07:31 PM

wow, can't wait to see these tv-programmes!

ayumint 21st March 2012 07:43 PM

Hope to see some tv performances

pimenta 21st March 2012 08:05 PM

She did 26 interviews... IN ONE DAY? That's impressive!!

AyumiAi 21st March 2012 08:19 PM

Party Queen is growing on me and so is The next LOVE :) woot so happy!

relmy 21st March 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimenta (Post 2839054)
She did 26 interviews... IN ONE DAY? That's impressive!!

Same interview for various sources, maybe?

Didn't someone mention it was for local stations, or something?

Are they all TV interviews? Or are some radio?

miki_beland 21st March 2012 09:35 PM

It says she received 26 petitions, not that she did all of them ._.

ohsixthirty 21st March 2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2839121)
Same interview for various sources, maybe?

Didn't someone mention it was for local stations, or something?

Are they all TV interviews? Or are some radio?

yeah....i can't imagine she did 26 separate interviews.

and honestly, if she did, how could she avoid saying the same thing over and over, lol!

truehappiness 21st March 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2839121)
Same interview for various sources, maybe?

Didn't someone mention it was for local stations, or something?

Are they all TV interviews? Or are some radio?

Well, they were probably all for Party Queen. She seems to imply that some are on TV and some will be broadcast online.

There's also a radio tour next week where she'll do radio interviews for the first time since Rock'n'Roll Circus or NEXT LEVEL?

RayJason 21st March 2012 09:37 PM

I can't wait to see all of them! :)

BTW. I hate how everything went for this album. Lack of promotion = my main problem, though that will be taken care of soon I think (26 interviews approx). And another thing is how we still have those LQ covers, I mean like come on :/ I want 1000x1000 or even 2000x2000 px covers not the sad 500x500 or 400x500.

ayu_ready? 21st March 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2838776)
How many requests did she replied?

ayu_ready? adore your gifs =)

thank you! I still want to keep BIG BANG's rrrocking FANTASTIC BABY like a boss moves but the sig's too large for forum rules :(

freedreamer 22nd March 2012 02:40 AM

im getting my album in less than 2hours!!! gonna listen to it twice completely before giving a verdict and review :)

truehappiness 22nd March 2012 05:02 AM

Typed out the music credits for the album.

Should be accurate. Tell me if anything is wrong or missing and I will fix it!
Spoiler:
01. Party queen
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
B.G.Vocal:Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

02. NaNaNa
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: corin.
arrangement: CMJK

Programming, Guitar & Bass: CMJK
Rap: Timothy Wellard
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

03. Shake It♥
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: BOUNCEBACK
arrangement: CMJK

Programming & Guitar: CMJK
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

04. taskebab
music & arrangement: tasuku
Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Mixed by tasuku

05. call
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Katsumi Ohnishi
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Karl Penney
Bass: Nick Fyffe
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

06. Letter
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Katsumi Ohnishi
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Karl Penney
Strings Arrangement: Harvey Brough
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

07. reminds me
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Yuta Nakano
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Alex Thomas
Strings Arrangement: Harvey Brough
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

08. Return Road
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: D-A-I
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Drums: Alex Thomas
Guitar: Takehito Shimizu
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Koji Morimoto

09. Tell me why
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Hanif Sabzevari, Lene Dissing, Marcus Winther-John, Dimitri Stassos
arrangement: CMJK

Programming & Guitar: CMJK
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

10. a cup of tea
music & arrangement: CMJK
Programming: CMJK
Mixed by CMJK

11. the next LOVE
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
Trumpet: Mark Crown
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Koji Morimoto

12. Eyes, Smoke, Magic
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
Tuba: Theon Cross
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Finger Snap Sample: Yuichi Nagayama
Whisper Voice: Mai Takamizawa
Mixed by Nick Gilpin

13. Serenade in A minor
music & arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings Arrangement & Conducted: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Yuko Kajitani Strings
Mixed by Yuta Nakano

14. how beautiful you are
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Additional Drum Programming: David Reitzas
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by David Reitzas


Interesting to note that the strings guy Ian Burdge has worked with a ton of artists recently including Florence and the Machine!

CHAS_AYU 22nd March 2012 05:08 AM

^Thanks. There are four songs composed by Timmy.

TeamAyu2004 22nd March 2012 05:30 AM

^yes and two of them are really really good...
the other two... not my cup of tea! (hehe)

ExodusUK 22nd March 2012 05:33 AM

Timmy will be able to live off the money he'll make from this album (maybe not as it's more Flop Queen than Party Queen but w/e), he has royalties in pretty much every song.

truehappiness 22nd March 2012 05:50 AM

Oh, the guy on guitar for Return Road (Takehito Shimizu) was part of HAL when it was still together. I wonder if him working alone is proof that HAL is no more as a duo.

Agieboyz 22nd March 2012 05:57 AM

Wow Timmy appear in every song...

Aderianu 22nd March 2012 06:37 AM

TA stop to make screensavers T_T

Foyuki 22nd March 2012 06:39 AM

^
........................... ; (((((((((( I thought we could get HQ covers

PoetGirl 22nd March 2012 06:48 AM

I honestly dont get why Ayu couldnt do whisper in eyes, smoke, magic

jang-kun 22nd March 2012 06:52 AM

When's the HK release? Gonna go fly to HK and get one. Bullcrap all this pre-order hassles on YA.

idek what to say about PQ first day sales. Oh good lord please give the woman what she deserves. :(

CHAS_AYU 22nd March 2012 07:41 AM

Anyone ordered Party Queen from Amazon, what is your order status?

Onton 22nd March 2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAS_AYU (Post 2839431)
Anyone ordered Party Queen from Amazon, what is your order status?

change from 21th to 25th..How about you?

CHAS_AYU 22nd March 2012 07:57 AM

^ Shipping Estimate is still 21 March, but my copy has not shipped yet.
Just checked all Party Queen are In Stock.

nanomi 22nd March 2012 01:34 PM

My copy from amazon shipped, and apparently left Hong Kong a while ago. It claims that it should be here today...but we'll see.

Heavenly 22nd March 2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 2839373)
Typed out the music credits for the album.

Should be accurate. Tell me if anything is wrong or missing and I will fix it!
Spoiler:
01. Party queen
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
B.G.Vocal:Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

02. NaNaNa
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: corin.
arrangement: CMJK

Programming, Guitar & Bass: CMJK
Rap: Timothy Wellard
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

03. Shake It♥
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: BOUNCEBACK
arrangement: CMJK

Programming & Guitar: CMJK
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

04. taskebab
music & arrangement: tasuku
Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Mixed by tasuku

05. call
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Katsumi Ohnishi
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Karl Penney
Bass: Nick Fyffe
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

06. Letter
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Katsumi Ohnishi
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Karl Penney
Strings Arrangement: Harvey Brough
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

07. reminds me
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Yuta Nakano
arrangement: tasuku

Programming & Guitar: tasuku
Drums: Alex Thomas
Strings Arrangement: Harvey Brough
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Mixed by Cenzo Townshend

08. Return Road
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: D-A-I
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Drums: Alex Thomas
Guitar: Takehito Shimizu
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Koji Morimoto

09. Tell me why
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Hanif Sabzevari, Lene Dissing, Marcus Winther-John, Dimitri Stassos
arrangement: CMJK

Programming & Guitar: CMJK
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard
Mixed by Jimmy Robertson

10. a cup of tea
music & arrangement: CMJK
Programming: CMJK
Mixed by CMJK

11. the next LOVE
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
Trumpet: Mark Crown
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by Koji Morimoto

12. Eyes, Smoke, Magic
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
Tuba: Theon Cross
B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Finger Snap Sample: Yuichi Nagayama
Whisper Voice: Mai Takamizawa
Mixed by Nick Gilpin

13. Serenade in A minor
music & arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Strings Arrangement & Conducted: Yuta Nakano
Strings: Yuko Kajitani Strings
Mixed by Yuta Nakano

14. how beautiful you are
words: ayumi hamasaki
music: Timothy Wellard
arrangement: Yuta Nakano

Programming & Strings Arrangement: Yuta Nakano
Additional Drum Programming: David Reitzas
Strings: Ian Burdge and strings
B.G.Vocal: Yumi Kawamura
Additional B.G.Vocal: Timothy Wellard, Masamichi Imafuku
Mixed by David Reitzas


Interesting to note that the strings guy Ian Burdge has worked with a ton of artists recently including Florence and the Machine!

Glad to see that the strings (and other unusual instruments) are real strings (and instruments), and not electronic samples...

isthisLOL? 22nd March 2012 02:11 PM

Those people really are at the forefront of the international music business like the promotional texts said. Some have worked with people like Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Duran Duran, U2...theres even composers of actual, acclaimed classical music and arrangers for operas and orchestras in there working on the strings arrangements. Whoever said it were tacky, wannabe classical influences because of Timmy fails since at least some quite clearly weren't.

toniayu 22nd March 2012 02:15 PM

I'm getting really mad and angry xD
I think this album should had be on the #1 place selling a lot...japanese people doesn't appreciate...good things >_____<

Pieces_of_SEVEN 22nd March 2012 03:00 PM

My box from amazon still hasn't shipped...like wtf

owlflight 22nd March 2012 03:37 PM

Don't know if this applies to Amazon or anyone else for that matter but CDJapan has the box sets available 3-7 days after the release date.

relmy 22nd March 2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2839574)
Those people really are at the forefront of the international music business like the promotional texts said. Some have worked with people like Madonna, Barbra Streisand, Duran Duran, U2...theres even composers of actual, acclaimed classical music and arrangers for operas and orchestras in there working on the strings arrangements. Whoever said it were tacky, wannabe classical influences because of Timmy fails since at least some quite clearly weren't.

I wouldn't consider any of them at the forefront of music, maybe 10 (even 20) years ago they were, but now? No way. Not even Madonna in all honesty.

Some of the people behind the tracks may be working with people making high quality, unique and really good music now (e.g. Florence and the Machine), but you need the whole team to be. Like that DJ's comment someone posted, he doesn't work with her because she doesn't sound "contemporary" anymore.

Even if I like her music, it does sound like it could have come out years ago or sounds like it's playing catch-up. I love NaNaNa and Shake It♥ but it's because they sound so dated and it adds to the cheesy trashy-ness lol I don't think they were meant to be, considering how they pushed the album being so forward looking. Is that a bad thing? Not really, but when there's people making the same kind of music a lot better it is. That is subjective though.

Songs like "the next Love" and "Eyes, Smoke, Magic" are timeless because of the showtune genre, but stuff like NaNaNa, Shake It♥ and Party Queen is so easy to ruin. The middle of the album is just standard Ayu Jpop, which is pretty hard for her to get wrong.

freedreamer 22nd March 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2839637)
Songs like "the next Love" and "Eyes, Smoke, Magic" are timeless because of the showtune genre, but stuff like NaNaNa, Shake It♥ and Party Queen is so easy to ruin. The middle of the album is just standard Ayu Jpop, which is pretty hard for her to get wrong.

this i agree. the melody was actually quite typical for jazz and broadway songs like that...I mean, you know how those go generically and I think these two songs have that. Not saying its bad because it's fresh for Ayu still and definitely more..typical for the general audience to accept..it wasnt a big play of melody but more of the music

isthisLOL? 22nd March 2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2839637)
I wouldn't consider any of them at the forefront of music, maybe 10 (even 20) years ago they were, but now? No way. Not even Madonna in all honesty.

Some of the people behind the tracks may be working with people making high quality, unique and really good music now (e.g. Florence and the Machine), but you need the whole team to be. Like that DJ's comment someone posted, he doesn't work with her because she doesn't sound "contemporary" anymore.

I think there's a big difference between working with people that work on popular music RIGHT now and people that have had a lasting effect on the music business, but both are, for me, at the forefront of the international business. I'm really glad she isn't working with all these 08/15 producers doing the mainstream pop right now. Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga...they all do nice catchy pop(I have songs I really love from all four, too), but there is just about no musical depth in most of their popular songs(and when there is the songs tend to flop or be merely album tracks, Marry the Night, He About to Lose Me anyone? First recent random examples I could think of) and they practically have the same 3 or 4 producers for all of them. Even the upbeat electronic songs on Party Queen are much better compositions, their melody progressions, harmonic qualities, even the breakdowns. It might make her sound dated but I'm REALLY glad the "forefront" wasn't RedOne, Max Martin and Co., but instead people that worked in the business for decades.

ayu_ready? 22nd March 2012 05:29 PM

let Ayu do some music with William Orbit
or
I honestly think that Lana Del Rey's Born to Die album is purely amazing and I adore it a lot. so many songs, but each could be a very powerful single (maybe except 2 or 3) :)
I think I like that kind of music now

I think the kind of Dark Paradise off Lana's album is very good for Ayu :)

although this is my personal taste, as I do love the album, but hate Lana's personal performaces aka lives and many other stuff about her as well.

relmy 22nd March 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2839706)
I think there's a big difference between working with people that work on popular music RIGHT now and people that have had a lasting effect on the music business, but both are, for me, at the forefront of the international business. I'm really glad she isn't working with all these 08/15 producers doing the mainstream pop right now. Britney, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga...they all do nice catchy pop(I have songs I really love from all four, too), but there is just about no musical depth in most of their popular songs(and when there is the songs tend to flop or be merely album tracks, Marry the Night, He About to Lose Me anyone? First recent random examples I could think of) and they practically have the same 3 or 4 producers for all of them. Even the upbeat electronic songs on Party Queen are much better compositions, their melody progressions, harmonic qualities, even the breakdowns. It might make her sound dated but I'm REALLY glad the "forefront" wasn't RedOne, Max Martin and Co., but instead people that worked in the business for decades.

I think you need both though. Working with the people producing the huge Western hits does make you come across as a bit of a trend follower, and it makes it harder to make something that people will like - but they define what the modern sound is, and what will come next. When Poker Face came out, there wasn't anything like it, now every female wants to sound like that.

You do need people who have experience though, and it is a privilege to work with people who defined the past. However, you don't want your track to sound like what came before, because people will just listen to what happened then.

I think Love Songs did it well, it evoked an older Jpop nostalgia but with a contemporary feel - like Last Angel. It was very Loveppears but without sounding dated and better production. TK + 2010 style music.

I don't know WHY it just doesn't work here, I think it is because it's easier to mess up a dance/pop/party track than a ballad (even though I dislike HBYA it's not bad, I just like her other ballads more), midtempo track or very Jpop-esque song (like Last Angel).

Maybe she lost all her luck on Sparkle lol

AYUmyQUEEN 22nd March 2012 08:06 PM

i dont know if this has already been discussed, but has anyones amazon order been shipped out yet if your ordered from there? I ordered from amazon but it has not shipped yet! any info is appreciated :)



edit: i see above someone from amazons hasnt shipped... so i guess they just havnt shipped anyones yet?

toniayu 22nd March 2012 08:24 PM

^I don't know this time,but when i ordered A CLIP BOX from amazon it was shipped 4 days after the release date...

ayumisrael 22nd March 2012 08:27 PM

My box arrived at my city but since it's weekend it may delay the arrival to my house to Sunday-Monday. lol

AYUmyQUEEN 22nd March 2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 2839841)
My box arrived at my city but since it's weekend it may delay the arrival to my house to Sunday-Monday. lol

did you order from amazon?:(

ayumisrael 22nd March 2012 09:00 PM

oh, I ordered from CDJapan :P

TeamAyu2004 22nd March 2012 09:14 PM

amazon hasnt said anything about my order yet...
I will be seriously pissed if they decide they cant fill the orders.

truehappiness 22nd March 2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan_massey (Post 2839629)
Don't know if this applies to Amazon or anyone else for that matter but CDJapan has the box sets available 3-7 days after the release date.

The official site announced an encore press of box sets.

TeamAyu2004 22nd March 2012 09:58 PM

^ what?

~angel*ayumi~ 22nd March 2012 10:04 PM

Encore press, like for NL USB and RnRC Box ^^
I hope YA upgraded my box to Express shipping, so maybe I can get it tomorrow, because tomorrow is my birthday^^

toniayu 22nd March 2012 10:09 PM

but are exactly the same boxes?

~angel*ayumi~ 22nd March 2012 10:10 PM

I think so, as they weren´t a special first press (aside from the ayupan ap)

toniayu 22nd March 2012 10:11 PM

thanks :)

Pieces_of_SEVEN 22nd March 2012 11:24 PM

man really annoyed that amazon.co.jp hasn't shipped my box. can't really be mad I guess, considering my total including shipping was only $200, so if I had ordered from CDJ and gotten it on release date with their fedex shipping, I would have paid AT LEAST $100 more.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.