Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113594)

njanjayrp 3rd June 2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2869236)
^ really?? What kind of drugs?

And thats just insane... but people are crazy... I swear, some people want an excuse for anything to kill someone...

I think it's actually: 1KG of marijuana -> death sentance or life in prison.

TeamAyu2004 3rd June 2012 03:34 PM

Thats insane.... and way to much...
talk about an eye for your soul.

Chibi_Venus 4th June 2012 09:27 PM

Aww, I think it's cool that "evolution" is being used as a theme song! Just goes to show you that it's a timeless song. :)

TeamAyu2004 4th June 2012 09:34 PM

^ too true, too true

sailorseraphim 6th June 2012 11:24 AM

Umm.... Time warp, much???

RayJason 12th June 2012 01:09 PM

HERUTA SUKERUTA

evolution got a whole new meaning for me now. (Doesn't Erika Sawarija sing too? I'm curious to know why they didn't let Erika cover evolution or sing a whole new song...)

Evolution7/4 12th June 2012 03:03 PM

^I'm hoping they surprise us with a Erika cover in the film. Her character in the film is a singer too.I could totally see them doing that

isthisLOL? 12th June 2012 03:57 PM

Didn't Erika say that she doesn't actually like singing and only sounds good because of all the processing in one of her more *****y interviews? Might be wrong there though, but that would explain it.

njanjayrp 12th June 2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2872184)
Didn't Erika say that she doesn't actually like singing and only sounds good because of all the processing in one of her more *****y interviews? Might be wrong there though, but that would explain it.

I don't think those were really her words...medias do post random bullcrap.

Andrenekoi 12th June 2012 05:49 PM

^Well, I wouldn't be surprised... She wouldn't be the first idol saying she only sings cuz agency forces her...

isthisLOL? 12th June 2012 05:54 PM

I definitely remember her saying that she doesn't even like the songs she released much, that was not in a tabloid either, she called them "nothing special" and "just pop". For the rest I'm not sure though.

njanjayrp 12th June 2012 07:04 PM

^that she did say. I don't recall her saying anything else.

She wrote the lyrics to her songs as well...they can hardly force you to do everything...

BlackSilence 12th June 2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayJason (Post 2872168)
HERUTA SUKERUTA

evolution got a whole new meaning for me now. (Doesn't Erika Sawarija sing too? I'm curious to know why they didn't let Erika cover evolution or sing a whole new song...)

um she CAN sing but in my opinion she shouldn't, she sound sjus like every other idol, no personality nor uniquness in her voice. I'd rather not hear her doing "evolution".....

Andrenekoi 12th June 2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2872222)
^that she did say. I don't recall her saying anything else.

She wrote the lyrics to her songs as well...they can hardly force you to do everything...

Well... actually they can force you write the lyrics, or have someone to help you with them, or buy lyrics in order to credit you instead of the oiriginal writer...

Since Ayu, Hikki and Shiina Ringo got big on the late 90s, writing lyrics became almost obrigatory for female singers on jpop... And I don't believe we just got a overnight explosion of unknown pretty girls with talent for lyrics...

njanjayrp 12th June 2012 07:49 PM

^it's pointless to make a talentless person write lyrics. Yes there is always a possibility that someone else wrote those, but it was already 2006+ at the time and being a songwriter wasnt really obligatory for success. As far as I know neither BoA nor Mika Nakashima wrote their lyrics and Kumi also didn't get famous for the songs she wrote initially. I don't think people would look at ERIKA differently even if she wasn't credited as the song co/writer.

Andrenekoi 12th June 2012 08:30 PM

^I didn't say she was talentless, I said that she wrote her lyrics on a market you are expected doing so... It doesn't mean she was happy with the final result or that she felt confortable doing so...

An idol career is made of image... a well calculated and controled one that can go as far as making two people marry or end a relationship for the sake of the character... On a job people expect you to give up on your personal life and sense of "self", making/convincing someone write lyrics is nothing....

Again, not also saying this WAS the case... But considering her feeling towards the industry, we can't assume she was happily doing everything either...

njanjayrp 12th June 2012 09:30 PM

^ I didn't say you did. I simply stated that if people had no writing skills, companies are wasting time and money making them do something they're not capable of accomplishing.

I never really thought of ERIKA as an idol, but I guess she prolly falls into that category although she is somewhat a complete anti-idol if you think about her attitude towards the industry. In the end it's not like her music career lasted that long so we can hardly say what was really happening back at the time.

Andrenekoi 12th June 2012 10:02 PM

I wouldn't consider her an idol nowadays... but she was on this category back during her singing career^^

Violently Happy 12th June 2012 10:49 PM

This is off topic, but did any of you guys hear what happen to Erika? They say she got so much into her charcter in Helter Skelter that she had to stop all promotions. http://dedetillmanblogs.wordpress.co...d-a-breakdown/

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/05/saw...o-poor-health/

emi♡ 13th June 2012 01:38 AM

well her music isn't half bad.... random.


And honestly, I really hope all the mental breakdown **** is just the media over-hyping it, and we don't end up with a Heath Ledger situation.

Evolution7/4 13th June 2012 02:17 AM

Whether she likes singing or not (or whether you guys like it or not haha) Erika is probably singing in the film because her CHARACTER is a singer (well an idol who sings acts and models). Who know if it will be evolution or an original song.

ayu_ready? 13th June 2012 12:10 PM

^ isn't she a model in the film, actually?

MissElin_ 13th June 2012 12:43 PM

Well think of her character as Rola. A modell making a CD release "just in the sake of promotion and trying something new out". It's not like the character is having any lives in the manga. In fact, the only singing she do in the manga takes up like only one page in the whole manga, if even that much? The characters main field is modelling. My guess is that the only singing we will get in the movie is in a scene that takes max one minute. :P

Katze 13th June 2012 12:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlbTGwhs1lA - there's a fragment of evolution right on the beginning, so I'm guessing they'll use good,old version ;P

Evolution7/4 13th June 2012 03:47 PM

Yeah but I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of PV or song of Ririko is seen in the background.

AyuGAME 13th June 2012 04:52 PM

wow...it's even cooler in super HD

Andrenekoi 13th June 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_ready? (Post 2872437)
^ isn't she a model in the film, actually?

model-singer-actress... An idol^^

Delicious n Bold 13th June 2012 05:42 PM

You know... If they wanna use old Ayu songs for theme songs, they should find a way to use appears.
That's a perfect song for the summer since all the summer relationships happen during the next few months.

BlackSilence 13th June 2012 05:43 PM

the movie looks quite interesting and probably visually quite amazing. I do like Erika as actress, will deffinitelly try to watch it when it's out.

Andrenekoi 13th June 2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 2872562)
You know... If they wanna use old Ayu songs for theme songs, they should find a way to use appears.
That's a perfect song for the summer since all the summer relationships happen during the next few months.

appears lyrics doesn't really fits the plot o.O
And it's a winter single, isn't it?

isthisLOL? 13th June 2012 09:29 PM

appears is about awful relationships that look just fine to the outside, doesn't really fit the plot whatsoever...

RayJason 13th June 2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 2872562)
You know... If they wanna use old Ayu songs for theme songs, they should find a way to use appears.
That's a perfect song for the summer since all the summer relationships happen during the next few months.

I respectfully disagree! :thud

ayu_ready? 14th June 2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 2872557)
model-singer-actress... An idol^^

ah, i-do-ru. I see :D

evolutionricky 15th June 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinix (Post 2856835)
o.O seriously?... this is like 11 years late lol
Nice to know though. But I doubt it will raise any sales lol

Yeah....at least pick a song from Party Queen.

RayJason 17th June 2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolutionricky (Post 2873251)
Yeah....at least pick a song from Party Queen.

Why does it has to be a recent song? Please explain because I don't get it.

isthisLOL? 17th June 2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayJason (Post 2873567)
Why does it has to be a recent song? Please explain because I don't get it.

For once I agree.
evolution fits the feel musically and lyrically and has a cultural significance that ties in perfectly with the film. Better than any song on Party Queen does. Better than any song on Party Queen CAN since they don't have the element of being a classic everybody knows.

Andrenekoi 17th June 2012 01:56 AM

It's not aways about raising singles and album sales...

ExodusUK 17th June 2012 03:47 AM

I hope someone subs this film :wub:

TeamAyu2004 17th June 2012 04:19 AM

If anything, I think this movie will boost the digital sales of evolution.
Nothing more...
There is a reason why they picked the song... I never read the manga, but it must fit for some reason, unless the director or actress was like "Lets use this song... I love it!"

adantatu2 17th June 2012 06:11 AM

I read the manga, i like it, but there are many adult scenes.
I hope someone can sub this movie

njanjayrp 17th June 2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 2873589)
It's not aways about raising singles and album sales...

Plus there is no reason for people to be obsessed with sales...:rolleyes

Evolution7/4 17th June 2012 08:16 AM

Its clear that the song was chosen for artistic purposes not for promotional purposes.

Didz-19 17th June 2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2873632)
Its clear that the song was chosen for artistic purposes not for promotional purposes.

but it will promote "evolution" in Japan...I hope Erika will release this song with the cover single exactly like Ayu's evolution single cover...that would be insane!!!!!:D:D:D

AyuWorld 17th June 2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didz-19 (Post 2873654)
but it will promote "evolution" in Japan...I hope Erika will release this song with the cover single exactly like Ayu's evolution single cover...that would be insane!!!!!:D:D:D

omg! i can imagine Erika in exactly the same outfit and in the same pose like Ayu! that girl can pull it out :yes

Didz-19 17th June 2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuWorld (Post 2873692)
omg! i can imagine Erika in exactly the same outfit and in the same pose like Ayu! that girl can pull it out :yes

Hahah~~yeah!! that would be insane!!!!!!

Andrenekoi 17th June 2012 05:51 PM

I don't know if I would like to see the actress of THAT character dressed as Ayu covering her song xD

RayJason 17th June 2012 11:25 PM

OT

I just don't want Erika to pull of her *****y attitude again @ Helter Skelter premiere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95VEt...eature=related (Can someone translate this short clip?)

I still like her though. :laugh

Violently Happy 18th June 2012 03:57 AM

^
I don't think she will be at the premiere do to health issues... They said she canceled all promotions.

Evolution7/4 18th June 2012 06:55 AM

Yeah the world premiere won't even be in Japan. The Japanese movie theatres are now filled with Helter Skelter promo! Posters, flyers, and little samples of the manga!! The poster really does look beautiful! Can't wait to see it opening day!

Didz-19 18th June 2012 04:22 PM

If erika going to pull off another ******** fit, i would definitely gonna slap her on the face...Kidding!!!!!! :p :p

Pieces_of_SEVEN 19th June 2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuFan777 (Post 2873868)
^
I don't think she will be at the premiere do to health issues... They said she canceled all promotions.

Where did you hear this news? What kind of health issues?

Evolution7/4 20th June 2012 06:57 AM

^ Its on the official website. They stated how the world premiere will be elsewhere in Asia and that the Japan premiere was cancelled because of health issues of Erika (they didn't state what exact issues they were)

Pieces_of_SEVEN 20th June 2012 07:11 AM

^^^Ohh I (miss) understood, and thought there were health issues with ayu. *PHEW*

MiiSan 25th June 2012 02:58 AM

Read the manga, can't wait for the movie, I love Erika and the trailers seem really promising :P

Just hope someone will sub 'em quickly after the DVD/Blu-ray release.

RayJason 10th July 2012 05:17 PM

Just four days to go right!? It would be released on the 14th of July!

I HOPE SOMEONE SUBS IT ASAP.

ExodusUK 10th July 2012 05:21 PM

Health issues = suspended by her agency because of all the drug business and Johnny stuff?

kinix 10th July 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 2882201)
Health issues = suspended by her agency because of all the drug business and Johnny stuff?

I thought the health issues is her being too engrossed in her character in the movie. And thus having depression I think.

Evolution7/4 12th July 2012 02:12 PM

Seeing it this weekend (released on Saturday)! It is being advertised everywhere and it quite well known, more than I thought! I was in Tokyo's most famous movie theatre Shinjuku Piccadily last week, and they had the actual red corset dress she wears in one of the posters (and the scene at the movie premiere that can be seen in in the trailer) on display! The Piccadily is showing Helter Skelter in the biggest theatre within the cineplex! So its quite a hot release here. By the way, evolution on the original soundtrack is NOT the instrumental version :) The rest of the soundtrack is the score. The score has an opening titles and main titles so I wonder where evolution will be in the film (since it is not end credits song) The score is SUPER unique and unexpected. Jazzy and burlesque, sort of topsy turvey and circusey

Here is the dress they had on display

TeamAyu2004 12th July 2012 02:54 PM

I wonder why they chose evolution if the score sounds so different...

ayu_ready? 12th July 2012 03:10 PM

so gorgeous!

RayJason 12th July 2012 03:27 PM

She's such a flawless human being! I love the way she looks and I cannot wait to see Helter Skelter!

Though I do think that evolution sounds completely different than the rest on that album lol. But I'm glad its incorporated.

When will we get subs for this movie, seen the fact that in 2 days it will air in the theaters and such. I think that it would take another 2 days for someone to illegally record it in the theatre, and that it would take another 4 days for someone to sub it... That is if there is someone willing to sub this for us. OH GOD THE WAIT

YUKARI 12th July 2012 03:33 PM

isn't there any CM for this movie?

Evolution7/4 12th July 2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2882815)
I wonder why they chose evolution if the score sounds so different...

Do they have to be similar? haha The score is unique for a reason, and evolution was chosen for artistic purposes. They don't have to be similar.
Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 2882832)
isn't there any CM for this movie?

Yup! http://youtu.be/AiwFn6_ATEM

YUKARI 12th July 2012 04:15 PM

^ thank you :D

upd: ohhh my goooodddddd! soooo cool to hear evolution!!!!

TeamAyu2004 12th July 2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2882835)
Do they have to be similar? haha The score is unique for a reason, and evolution was chosen for artistic purposes. They don't have to be similar.

my question is what does it bring to the movie?
I havent read the manga so i might be missing something, but from what I have read the song just doesnt fit.
And usually when it comes to music they try to fit to a theme.
Thats why a lot of soundtracks are INSPIRED from the movie and the OST is made for the movie...
evolution is neither of those.

YUKARI 12th July 2012 04:29 PM

CM made me very excited! I wonder, if they begin showing it tomorrow, then when will it end? I want to watch it, but I'll be in Tokyo only on July 31 (if everything goes flawless)...

Evolution7/4 12th July 2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2882845)
my question is what does it bring to the movie?
I havent read the manga so i might be missing something, but from what I have read the song just doesnt fit.
And usually when it comes to music they try to fit to a theme.
Thats why a lot of soundtracks are INSPIRED from the movie and the OST is made for the movie...
evolution is neither of those.

It has to do more with AYU then the song itself. Its about the fact that its one of the most famous songs by one of the most famous pop idol. Its a movie about a woman surviving the business in Tokyo, as Ayu has (this was stated in the interview with the director.)It mirrors the theme of fame. So it fits perfectly.

YUKARI 12th July 2012 05:01 PM

as I see, evolution fits perfectly. when I started to watch the trailer and Erika appeared and all those magazines "deru zasshi deru zasshi", I suddenly thought this resembles ayu in 2001 when A BEST was released and she appeard on the covers of 40+ mags. kinda made me feel like Ririka's character is inspired by ayu.

TeamAyu2004 12th July 2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2882856)
It has to do more with AYU then the song itself. Its about the fact that its one of the most famous songs by one of the most famous pop idol. Its a movie about a woman surviving the business in Tokyo, as Ayu has (this was stated in the interview with the director.)It mirrors the theme of fame. So it fits perfectly.

So its not really the song, but what was going on at the time that the song was released??
So say if Ayumi released Born to Be... around that time you think they would of picked that song too, because it was what ayumi released during that time in her career...

Interesting thought process. So i wonder if they are trying to make illusions to ayumi throughtout the movie?
Ill have to read the manga.

Evolution7/4 12th July 2012 05:32 PM

^No I mean its just a popular song, you know? Japanese will know instantly who sings it and who the song is. Im trying to find the interview with the director. The manga was written before Ayu was successful, but the movie will probably make allusions to Ayu, or more specifically, allusions to a big star. Like it could be seen as Ayu, Namie, and big star who is glamorous. But being in Japan it will probably be closest to Ayu

ExodusUK 12th July 2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2882845)
my question is what does it bring to the movie?
I havent read the manga so i might be missing something, but from what I have read the song just doesnt fit.
And usually when it comes to music they try to fit to a theme.
Thats why a lot of soundtracks are INSPIRED from the movie and the OST is made for the movie...
evolution is neither of those.

The film kinda sounds like the character could be ayu and evolution is one of her signature songs
Quote:

Helter Skelter features a beautiful model, Ririko, whose body underwent head-to-toe cosmetic surgery, and illustrates the accelerating derailment of her success. Years and yens of plastic surgery turned top celebrity Ririko into a beauty icon. However, as her body starts to show signs of deterioration, she descends into despair and becomes recklessly determined to make other people's lives as miserable as hers. In addition, Ririko must also face the appearance of a younger and fresher face at her modelling agency, the engagement of her rich lover, and constantly living up to the pressure of her stage mom, who is also her manager

TeamAyu2004 12th July 2012 06:21 PM

I guess it could make sense if they make illusions to Ayumi, but It still just seems random to pick that song...
That song isn;t even really her number one hit... I thought that was seasons?
Its is a very popular song and MY number 1 ayumi song, but... I don't know... I write scripts and to pick that song just seems random to me.

YUKARI 12th July 2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2882868)
^No I mean its just a popular song, you know? Japanese will know instantly who sings it and who the song is. Im trying to find the interview with the director. The manga was written before Ayu was successful, but the movie will probably make allusions to Ayu, or more specifically, allusions to a big star. Like it could be seen as Ayu, Namie, and big star who is glamorous. But being in Japan it will probably be closest to Ayu

you're so right!

Andrenekoi 12th July 2012 06:36 PM

^evolution is Ayu's number 1 up-beat song and one of many signature songs towards the public. It isn't hard to find parodies based on the evolution PV and that video outfit is among her most iconic... The song wasn't used to open her first Asia Tour for no reason, and it isn't on every tour and CDL she did since 2001 for no reason either.

It was chose because of it's context... Among the songs that represent Ayu the most (M, SEASON, Boys & Girls, etc), this one fits the theme of the movie the most, it represents the peak of Ayu's career and her most aclaimed album to date, the period where she was everywhere everytime, and it's video deals with Ayu's relationship with her fame.

They could go for a more obvious choice (or ask for a whole new song)... But not always the most obvious choice is also the most powerful.

TeamAyu2004 12th July 2012 06:57 PM

All of that makes sense, yes, but only if they make illusions to ayumi.
As of right now its random and guesses thats all im saying.

And wasn't Duty a better selling album? (and darker which for me fits more to what I have been told about the manga)

Dont get me wrong, I think her album, I am is the top and best of her career. The singles were flawless the music was amazing, the remixes pure gold...

Andrenekoi 12th July 2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2882897)
All of that makes sense, yes, but only if they make illusions to ayumi.
As of right now its random and guesses thats all im saying.

And wasn't Duty a better selling album? (and darker which for me fits more to what I have been told about the manga)

Dont get me wrong, I think her album, I am is the top and best of her career. The singles were flawless the music was amazing, the remixes pure gold...

Duty sold better, but I am... spammed more big hits... Dearest, evolution and M for example are among her most iconic and remembered songs... Duty has SEASONS, but even if the other singles are also hits, they aren't on the same level. It's hard to know if I am... sold less than Duty because people liked it more, or just because 2001 was the year the music industry started declining.

LOVEppears 8 singles sold 4,752,200 copies
What means 594,025 copies per single.

Duty 5 singles sold 3,355,730 copies
What means 671,146 copies per single.

I am... 8 singles sold 5,762,770 copies
What means 720,346 copies per single.

About Duty being darker... it is, but the manga is more ironic and sarcastic than just sad and dark.

Ayu-me 12th July 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2882897)
All of that makes sense, yes, but only if they make illusions to ayumi.
As of right now its random and guesses thats all im saying.

And wasn't Duty a better selling album? (and darker which for me fits more to what I have been told about the manga)

Dont get me wrong, I think her album, I am is the top and best of her career. The singles were flawless the music was amazing, the remixes pure gold...

Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think you mean allusions. An illusion is something that is not real, an allusion is a subtle reference toward something/someone.
And I do think "evolution" fits thematically, a little bit. A new, miraculous age, reality tricking you, moving forward... It's not very direct, but it does fit nicely with the theme of the entertainment industry's constant search for the perfect beauty, the sacrifices the character makes because of the pressure society puts on her, and how we constantly evolve trying to fit into a reality that in fact may not be completely true.
I do not know how much sense I'm making right now, but I do think "evolution" is a good song for this movie.

Evolution7/4 13th July 2012 05:15 AM

Here is the photo of the dress on display in the Shinjuku piccadily theatre!

tokyoxjapanxfan 13th July 2012 05:51 AM

I think it definitely has already made allusions to Ayu just in the CM. The scene with Ririko on all the magazine covers is most definitely reminiscent to A BEST-era Ayu.

To my knowledge, there hasn't been another time with another idol having 40+ covers out at the same time...

TeamAyu2004 13th July 2012 06:05 AM

holy crap! 40?!?!
this is like life mimicking art... lol

tokyoxjapanxfan 13th July 2012 06:06 AM

^ Wasn't it 40? I thought it was around there during A BEST... there was a video/interview about it, but maybe it was less... but it was a huge number for magazines covers. haha

YUKARI 13th July 2012 06:08 AM

^ yes, 40+! I also remember it. I think they said it in NTV 2004 documentary and show a magazine stand full of ayu covers :laugh

it was around March 2001 of course when A BEST was released.

TeamAyu2004 13th July 2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 2883093)
^ Wasn't it 40? I thought it was around there during A BEST... there was a video/interview about it, but maybe it was less... but it was a huge number for magazines covers. haha

I have no clue, thats why I was so shocked!
but i remember seeing something about that in a interview too!

I wasn't a fan around that time (I didn't appear untill 2003) but I think it would of been epic to be a fan around that time and living in tokyo...

Evolution7/4 13th July 2012 09:48 AM

Will be seeing this in less than 16 hours!!

YUKARI 14th July 2012 02:35 AM

^ you're so lucky!!! share your impression pleeeaaaseee :D

RayJason 14th July 2012 02:45 AM

^ I second that :D I'm curious to know what people think about the movie! I'm very excited and can't wait to see it myself!

TeamAyu2004 14th July 2012 04:23 AM

I hope this gets subbed so I can watch it.
Forget about Ayumi, all the hype around this movie makes me want to watch it! lol

YUKARI 14th July 2012 07:58 AM

I've read the manga translation today. Wow what a story it is. I hope I'll watch it in Tokyo in August, though I'm not sure if this still be available in cinemas

Evolution7/4 14th July 2012 09:20 AM

Ok so today I actually went to the Stage Greeting event! I won a special lottery. Basically, we watch the movie, and then the cast and director come out tot alk about the film in a huge press event. First off about the film itself. The film is absolutely WILD. It is a totally assault, in both its vividly colorful look and its explicit content. The only thing bad about the film is that it manages to paint such an assaulting picture that it is draining! Such a great commentary on the wild world of fame and staying relevant and beautiful in this world. Sawajiri Erika makes a great return to the screen, playing her role absolutely limitless. For those who read the manga, it follows the manga to the dime. In fact, you could probably watch the film without subtitles and know exactly what is going on, if you read the manga. They really stayed true to it. Like I said, its a very sexually explicit film!
The audience was definitely affected by the film,and were enthusiastic in greeting the director and cast.

The stage greeting event after the film was great. There was infinite amounts of press there, and Erika looked absolutely stunning! She had a short blonde cut and actually looked a bit like Ayu ironically. She was on her absolute best behavior. Very happy, VERY bubbly and energetic. i am pretty certain this is her first event since the infamous event 5 years ago. Overall, it was great fun to be a part of a slice of Japanese film history!

FINALLY about evolution. It is only in the film once for a brief moment but it is quite powerful. It is bit of a spoiler to tell you though, just know it is only in one scene shortly but is used effetely! And since its the theme, its the song they blasted during the press event (when the cat entered, exit, and during the photo op) It was great to hear evolution ringing through the theaters!

emi♡ 14th July 2012 12:42 PM

omg omg omg I'm freaking. I HAVE to see this film.

Need. Now. Like right now.


@Evo: that's SO amazing you got to go to that event!

ayu_ready? 14th July 2012 12:48 PM

I knew the movie is great since it has Sawajiri in it. can't wait to watch it with subs :)

Evolution7/4 14th July 2012 01:32 PM

One news Video from today's event! http://youtu.be/UVCKsryqkOY Expect more videos there was COUNTLESS press there!!

koumori 14th July 2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2883634)
Ok so today I actually went to the Stage Greeting event!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! (and for linking that video) I really want to watch this, but I guess I'll wait for English subs. :) I'm so happy Erika seemed so natural and happy. I guess those mental health problems were just rumours.

TeamAyu2004 14th July 2012 03:10 PM

coolness, thanks for the review!

Evolution7/4 14th July 2012 03:14 PM

You're welcome everyone! The film is just getting better and better in my mind the more I reflect. Like I said, the movie leaves you feeling assaulted and exhausted, and so after seeing it it really takes some time to let it digest. And again, if you REALLy want to see the film but can't get subtitles, as long as you have read the manga you will be fine. :D

OH and a fun little tidbit, frequent past Ayu photographer Kazuyoshi Shimomura stars as himself in a photo-shoot scene of Ririco!!

YUKARI 14th July 2012 04:06 PM

woooow I feel like I'll love the movie!!! I thought it woudn't follow manga that much (since it's sooo wild!!), but now I'm sure I'll understand everything :laugh yaaaay!! so excited!!

btw, did you see Kiko Mizuhara??????

Evolution7/4 14th July 2012 04:08 PM

No she was not at the screening. Would have loved her there! The rest of the cast were the male actors.

YUKARI 14th July 2012 04:17 PM

oh, I see... she may be busy or so... :)

anyways, I think it was nice to see Erika :love

roanmy 14th July 2012 04:39 PM

Are there any cinemas in Tokyo that show new Japanese films with English subtitles?

Evolution7/4 14th July 2012 04:43 PM

^No. Best bet is read the manga before you see it. :) It follows it to the dime and the movie is super fast paced.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.