Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Charts & Rankings] The 6th Oricon Thread of NEXT LEVEL ~Final Spark~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92661)

SURREAL__RAINBOW 30th July 2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 2041511)
LOL good-bye TRICK & NEXT LEVEL.

yea... both albums were not that strong anyway, lets hope both ayu and koda will come up with better albums from now on!

ayumisrael 30th July 2009 06:28 AM

The 17th week position was #153.
Drop of just 4 positions between the 16th and 17th weeks.
I wonder if it's the same between the 17th and 18th since the drop was small.
Not that the change is that significant.

Ayu_Ready 1st August 2009 11:08 PM

Finally a good job for NL =D

I hate all this boysband -_-'

JackieRos 1st August 2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumisrael (Post 2041334)
So NEXT LEVEL officially has a better chart life than GUILTY had.

IMO GUILTY is a better album :weep


i'm so happy for ayu

hikaricore 2nd August 2009 03:34 AM

NEXT LEVEL is awesome.
It deserved to beat Guilty. Guilty felt, to me, like a really bad "best of ayu-rock" album because it was very piecemeal together. Next Level had an AMAZING intro instrumental (I ADORE Bridge to the Sky) and flowed very well, while guilty was much too sporadic.
I'm very glad for Ayu, and hope the album charts for at LEAST 20 weeks!
Ganbatte, NL!

nanakopy87 2nd August 2009 04:23 AM

does this means good?
its almost 5 months since the release of Next Level

ayuinh.k? 2nd August 2009 06:04 AM

charting life is good..but total sales is pretty bad, i don't think it can even surpass Secret's first week sales of 386,280 copies..but NEXT LEVEL came out during the worst time of the economic crisis and cd sales are still declining, that's a bad combo..T___T

asmAyumi1992 2nd August 2009 08:33 AM

selling very well.

TITANIC 4th August 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenPang (Post 2041529)
true

honestly I have a feeling that CALLING might not be able to clear a million copies just like what happened to 5296 but you never know

even GReeeeN's Shio Koshou's selling so much better than what I expected (they sold 892K+ after a mere 7 weeks since it was released) & by next week , it will cross the 900K mark , suppressing their 2nd album's overall total sales of 893K+

there's also Saito Kazuyoshi's 13th album Tsuki ga Noboreba which will be out on 16th Sept . I don't know how well he sells but it'll be interesting to see whether will he be a threat or not to NEXT LEVEL

& I already preordered the limited edition of his album last week haha :laugh

excatly... I wish they will not sell more than NL but the fact will show they will beat ayu.. so sad..

KarenPang 4th August 2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riozz (Post 2047547)
excatly... I wish they will not sell more than NL but the fact will show they will beat ayu.. so sad..

yeah

ayumi has tried her best in creating NEXT LEVEL , it's all up to whether the public will like or don't like her record or not

that's not within her powers to control

ayumisrael 5th August 2009 09:49 AM

19th Week
Position: Still Unknown
Sales: 825
Total Sales: 371,874

NEXT LEVEL officially has a better chart life than Secret and GUILTY.

TITANIC 5th August 2009 09:55 AM

OMG NL really have a very long chart life comparing older album
secret 18 weeks
GUILTY 16 weeks
RAINBOW 22 weeks
I am... 25 weeks
Duty 27 weeks

hopefully it can stay more than duty did

njanjayrp 5th August 2009 10:25 AM

I'd be happy if it beats RAINBOW :p

KarenPang 5th August 2009 10:45 AM

TOP 50 ALBUMS 2009
*1 1,233,720 ***,852 SUPERMARKET FANTASY / Mr.Children 08/12/10
*2 *,911,379 *18,575 塩、コショウ / GReeeeN 09/06/10
*3 *,818,803 **1,434 EXILE BALLAD BEST / EXILE 08/12/03 累計1,762,704
*4 *,649,283 **2,062 DO YOU DREAMS COME TRUE? / DREAMS COME TRUE 09/03/21
*5 *,480,353 **1,100 レミオベスト / レミオロメン 09/03/09
*6 *,414,915 **1,226 My song Your song / いきものがかり 08/12/24
*7 *,388,776 ***,611 TRICK / 倖田來未 09/01/28
*8 *,379,411 *11,556 残響 / 福山雅治 09/06/30
*9 *,371,874 ***,825 NEXT LEVEL / 浜崎あゆみ 09/03/25

as expected , NEXT LEVEL got pushed down a notch because of Fukuyama Masaharu's ace album Zankyou (which I haven't received it yet online ;____; )

ayumisrael 5th August 2009 10:48 AM

Yeah T_T
In two weeks it will also take kuu's album down. It's like NL and TRICK want to be together on the charts :laugh

ayumisrael 5th August 2009 11:39 AM

Well ayu's NEXT LEVEL first day was 99,000 but I'm sure kobukuro will have smaller drops and more longtivity. =\

hikaricore 5th August 2009 05:49 PM

Yeah ^, I mean, their greatest hits compilation is STILL charting, after like three years. I know this may sound defeatist...but Ayu is gonna have to kiss her top 10 spot goodbye. Unless she manages to chart for a VERY long time and push her sales up or something, but a new album era is beginning with the release of Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE IS ALL~
So I'm beginning to lose hope.
Am I the only one who feels that way?

ayumisrael 5th August 2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hikaricore (Post 2048997)
Yeah ^, I mean, their greatest hits compilation is STILL charting, after like three years. I know this may sound defeatist...but Ayu is gonna have to kiss her top 10 spot goodbye. Unless she manages to chart for a VERY long time and push her sales up or something, but a new album era is beginning with the release of Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE IS ALL~
So I'm beginning to lose hope.
Am I the only one who feels that way?

Well there might not be solo female artists on the top 10 yearly albums of oricon at all by the end of the year, which shows the general power female artists have at this period.
Even if kuu's album will end up on 9 or 10 (though I don't think it will manage it), just 1 female on the top 10 (actually on 10) and with such sales it still shows how female solo artists in Japan are recieved in this period.
If namie or hikki would release albums then they most likely would end up on top 10 but just 2 females would be still sad.
The Majority of the top 10 are bands (almost all of them male bands) or by males generally.
On the top 10 singles there's just 1 female artist at the moment and she's an enka singer which is good for her, but again it's just 1 and not any of the divas or other new commer female artists (or older).
ayaka will most likely be also in the top 10 but it's because she is releasing a best album, and will go on hiatus. Unless if there are special things going on the great sales aren't really going for solo female singers, at least this year.

Including this there are only 4 albums this year that sold over 500,000 by far and just 1 million seller (not by shipped copies).
There are going to be 2 more albums that sell over 500,000 but they are bests (ayaka's and arashi's) so bests will dominate the top 5. The things don't look good in general and things don't look good for female artists.

Also it seems like avex (or probably ayu herself doesn't want it) stopped shoving ayu to the public as it appears. Nothing like even 2 or 3 years ago.

jbrat2219 5th August 2009 06:17 PM

I don't mind if she doesn't get top ten actually. NEXT LEVEL is still #1 on my top ten list ^-^b

AMANDABYNES 6th August 2009 12:41 AM

As long as this gets #15 yearly or higher (Like GUILTY) its O-KAY.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.