Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113594)

ayu_ready? 14th July 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2883707)
OH and a fun little tidbit, frequent past Ayu photographer Kazuyoshi Shimomura stars as himself in a photo-shoot scene of Ririco!!

oh hoho :)

roanmy 14th July 2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2883736)
^No. Best bet is read the manga before you see it. :) It follows it to the dime and the movie is super fast paced.

K, thanks. ;D

Taru86 15th July 2012 04:53 AM

Wow, if the movie follows that close to the manga, then I'm sure I'm going to like it. If I was still in Japan I would see it right away. But oh well, hopefully it won't be too long before I'll be able to see it. :D

ayu_ready? 15th July 2012 11:50 AM

Swajiri just showed in the premiere and she looked quite awful with short blonde hair. eww

Evolution7/4 15th July 2012 12:25 PM

^She looked beautiful in person!!

emi♡ 15th July 2012 01:14 PM

^did she? That would be nice...

cause I hated all of her photos. I was like "omfg she showed up looking like a damn mess after she was so gorgeous..."

Anyways, I prefer the long hair...but this style is more interesting.

Evolution7/4 15th July 2012 01:19 PM

Nope she was beautiful in person, her legs were amazing! and she had on some great heels. I am actually RELIEVED her hair was different then Ririco, because I would be totally scared of her. After seeing the film you'll understand, but when I see pics of her as Ririco I get a chill down my spine!

AyuWorld 15th July 2012 01:26 PM

wowow! so happy to hear the newssss! i cant wait to see Erika again!!! please hope people out there will subs this asap!

Evolution7/4 15th July 2012 01:43 PM

^ i wouldn't be surprised if the Japanese home releases are subtitled. Mika Ninagawa's last film Sakuran was subtitled and the new Bluray coming out will be subtitled too. SO there is hope the Japanese DVD/Bluray will be subbed. Although, I can definitely see this film making its rounds at festivals and getting international distribution.

More reflections on the film: It really is such a trip to see the film after living in Tokyo. Tokyo is such a vital character in this film, and it really opens your eyes to some of the films elements. Erika really is just transcendent in the film. Her Ririco is such a larger then life character. I don't even know how to describe her. She does horrible things but I never think "She is a B*itch!" or "She is so mean/horrible, etc." Its almost beyond words. She is just an entity, no longer a human, which really goes hand in hand with the theme of plastic surgery and becoming artificial.
You totally forget you are watching Erika, and like I said, I cringe when I see pictures of her now, because those feelings she gives the audiences as Ririco are so real!!

YUKARI 15th July 2012 03:11 PM

Just saw Erika's photos from the premiere... Not liking them that much :laugh

LacusClyne 16th July 2012 03:08 AM

The movie only just started screening right? Do you think if it will still be available in Japan next month around 23rd to 26th?

Evolution7/4 16th July 2012 07:58 AM

Yes you'll probably find it especially in Tokyo

Violently Happy 16th July 2012 08:19 AM

I so want to see it when it's released with subtitles. I read the Manga already, and it was pretty out there, but it was good! :)

Edit: Also I guess the rumors about her health were false? Didn't her manangment say she would not be attending the screening?

Evolution7/4 16th July 2012 11:27 AM

^Her management said she couldn't attend any of the premieres, which she didn't. This was First day greeting and press event. So I thinks she had health issues but they got exaggerated in tabloids and stuff.

Evolution7/4 16th July 2012 02:16 PM

Picture of the funny cameo hehehe

Chibi-Chan 16th July 2012 02:33 PM

I'm soooo hoping this movie will be shown on the next japanese film festival here in Hamburg!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 19th July 2012 12:20 PM

Since evolution is gonna be on A SUMMER BEST, plus with this movie tie-in, I've got my hopes up that they're gonna do a re-arrangement or re-record it. At least I hope so. I want new editions of the older tracks!

LacusClyne 23rd August 2012 04:00 PM

Is the movie still screening in any theatre?

ayu_ready? 23rd August 2012 05:58 PM

I think not anymore at least in Japan. but is it being premiered only in Japan or all across Asia?

kinix 23rd August 2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_ready? (Post 2899047)
I think not anymore at least in Japan. but is it being premiered only in Japan or all across Asia?

there's screening in taiwan. not sure about the rest. usually it's a few months after premier in japan then singapore might have a chance of it being screen.

ExodusUK 23rd August 2012 06:18 PM

The movie is being released in Hong Kong September 13th with English subs!! Thank god for imperialism!!

emi♡ 23rd August 2012 07:01 PM

:O

TeamAyu2004 23rd August 2012 07:12 PM

I really cant wait to see this.
I hope someone puts a torrent of it somewhere or something.
I would even buy it if it comes with subs. (which oddly enough a lot of blu-ray anime is already doing this... )

ExodusUK 24th August 2012 02:37 PM

Hong Kong showing details
http://tube.hk/en/movie/2012/Helter%...ty/Hong%20Kong

LacusClyne 24th August 2012 05:24 PM

So Japan no more screening? (T__T)

I went pass Shinagawa theatre at Prince hotel, didn't see it. So sad...

(miss)understood 24th August 2012 09:26 PM

It happens all the time. Kinda like "Take me home tonight" by Eddie Money (80s) used as a 2011 or whatever flop movie in the US by the same name, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 2899056)
The movie is being released in Hong Kong September 13th with English subs!! Thank god for imperialism!!

thanks for the vid!!!
*after watching entirely*
OHMYGOD? this is frightening!

ayu_ready? 25th August 2012 05:04 PM

I must see the English subs version soon. I hope to get it on DVD in autumn, anyone knows when the DVD's released?

RayJason 4th September 2012 08:01 AM

OMFG I cannot wait for the subs! The movie trailer got me trembling after the first watch when it appeared the first time, its still able to do that :O.

BlackSilence 8th September 2012 10:06 PM

The movie is going to be shown at the London Film Festival.

relmy 8th September 2012 11:29 PM

Cool, I think I'll go if tickets aren't too pricey.

Times are a bit awkward, but the tickets go on sale after I get my timetables, so hopefully it fits.

koumori 9th September 2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 2905611)

Awesome! Thanks for the information. :)

TeamAyu2004 9th September 2012 01:28 AM

Cool! Thanks for that... That means we will get subs for sure!

JinHamasaki 9th September 2012 03:28 AM

does anyone have AA='s THE KLOCK ? I can't find it anywhere...

PS their other albums would be great too, I only have the first one

njanjayrp 9th September 2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JinHamasaki (Post 2905656)
does anyone have AA='s THE KLOCK ? I can't find it anywhere...

PS their other albums would be great too, I only have the first one

There are a couple of their releases up on jps. Not THE KLOCK though :(

RayJason 9th September 2012 08:27 PM

Thanks artcika for the news!!! I'm happy to see that the movie is able to go that far, it's doing really well!

ComatoseBunnySnatcher 10th September 2012 08:53 AM

Oh my god, it actually looks really good!
im so intrigued by that trailer

MiiSan 15th September 2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 2905611)

Thank you for the info! I hope I can get there, I'm so eager to see the film :D

Sweet_Ai 18th September 2012 08:15 AM

I haven't been on this forum for ages! :thud

I saw the trailer for this on YT today and I need to see this movie!! So glad a version with English subs is being released. I cannot wait. The visuals are stunning!

ExodusUK 18th September 2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alternafan000 (Post 2909238)
:yconfused did this ever happan

It's been pushed back to October 11

MiiSan 19th September 2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 2905619)
Cool, I think I'll go if tickets aren't too pricey.

Times are a bit awkward, but the tickets go on sale after I get my timetables, so hopefully it fits.

It's around 11 pounds, shouldn't be too much though :)
I'm going :D really want to see the movie

relmy 29th September 2012 01:34 PM

I got a ticket for £6.50, which is standard for London I guess. It's an awful seat though, I completely forgot about it until today. Oh well, you're mainly paying for the cushy seats at the BFI anyway.

isthisLOL? 29th September 2012 01:52 PM

I REALLY hope they show it at Berlinale(Berlin Film Festival, the second most important in Europe) in early 2013 since I'm going there.

erika_ayu 9th October 2012 01:07 PM

Found the making of Helter Skelter, seems like a very interesting movie!! Evolution fits this movie well :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Lfm2cuMfQ&NR=1

YUKARI 9th October 2012 01:11 PM

when is it going to be released on DVD?? I want to buy it!

ExodusUK 9th October 2012 01:47 PM

Wish I could go to the showing in London but I have to work waahhhh :(

Aderianu 9th October 2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 2916926)
when is it going to be released on DVD?? I want to buy it!

Release Date : 2012/12/21
First Press : cardboard slipcase
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BIBJ-8227

YUKARI 9th October 2012 03:14 PM

^ thank you!!

AyuWorld 9th October 2012 03:41 PM

ughh lucky London peeps, wish they would have it here too, but NO!

the up coming DVD version ,hope it will have the English subs

relmy 13th October 2012 03:02 AM

Saw the film today, it was good. I enjoyed the manga more, but the film was still worth going to see. The film definitely sacrifices some of the characterisation and plot for style, I remember the manga feeling a lot fuller and complete. The detective side of the plot felt rushed and incomplete, and rather like a side note to the glamour of celebrity. Visually, it was great - loads of vivid colours and striking outfits. It almost felt like the opposite of the manga, but the same message. The film was a beautiful world, while in the manga it felt rather (intentionally) empty and lost, like Ririko. I also though the sex scenes were generally poor, although some of them later in the film were better - maybe she filmed them later? The first few just seemed really awkward and over acted, they even got a few laughs.

Also, because of the promo, you do very much feel like you're watching Erika as Erika, not Erika as Ririko the character. Not sure if this is good or bad, I'm leaning to bad because I felt like Ririko was much more interesting in the manga. Again though, the film is 100% style over substance. Everything is lifted from the manga and made into a moving photoshoot. It makes sense with the beauty fetish in the story, but that point wasn't as poignant in the film, even though the film is a quest for beauty and the downfall of the perfect beauty. Does that make sense? I expected this though, people said the same about Sakuran having good ideas, but them being overpowered by a need for style, and how it just didn't cut if for so long.

Eeer... what else? Probably give it a 7/10. I like Perfect Blue a lot lot more, which is also an idol breakdown with sex and violence, but more psychological horror than a commentary on beauty and the transience of the idol industry, so they're only casually related by idols and breakdowns.

I will say, I would DEFINITELY have enjoyed the film more if I hadn't read the manga.

truehappiness 29th October 2012 12:23 PM

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-and-director

Helter Skelter is being screened in LA in December at LA EigaFest!

Earth_maiden 29th October 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 2916944)
Release Date : 2012/12/21
First Press : cardboard slipcase
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BIBJ-8227

On the details section it says Subtitles: none. :thud I really, really hope we get a subtitled release! I'll be in Japan in late December so I really wanted to buy this DVD, but I won't bother if it doesn't have subs. :(

Evolution7/4 20th February 2013 09:00 AM

Hey guys! Been awhile! Anyway, after seeing the film at the stage event, and now watching it several times on Bluray (I have the Japanese Special Edition and the Hong Kong edition-which has English subs!) I have to say this is developing to be one of my all time favorite films. Like I said in my first review pages back, the film is assaulting, and takes several viewings to approach it head on. It really is a bewitching film, and with each viewing gets better and better, deeper and deeper. Great commentary on fame through the eyes of Tokyo. The acting from the whole cast is top notch and the lines of reality are just completely blurred. Living in Tokyo as a foreigner gave me the perfect eyes for the film. I know Tokyo, and yet, I can look at it form the outside in, something that Japanese may not necessarily be able to do.

Speaking of the Japanese Special Editon, there is a great deleted scene where Lilico is being interviewed for her new Single,and it is SO similar to the stage greeting event from 5 years ago that caused such controversy. It is funny it that it comments on how polite Japanese interviewers are, and how it is so similar to Erica's real life interview tantrum. Genius.

In other news Sawajiri Erica is nominated for a JAPANESE ACADEMY AWARD for Best Actress for her performance. Well deserved. :)

SKYia 21st February 2013 10:06 PM

I just saw the movie, it was very picturesque, I was taking screenshots all the time, just to think how many different 1-second-long shots were there with different outfits, hair and make-up, I'm in awe. The first 3 min is more than 50 different scenes, counting all the magazine covers, it must have been tons of work and the final result is really good.

I like Erika despite her bad opinion and in the movie she's great altough I often had the feeling that she's more herself than playing, that her character is similar to herself. Never expect to see her breasts too :3 The scenes were pretty bold for a Japanese movie.

I'm not to happy with Ayu's Evolution in the movie, to short and 'wrong' part of the song was used but I liked how it stops abruptly and that there was more to the ending.

The only scene that was so fake it made me laugh was part of the 'knife' scene at the end, the photographers were just so fake, I believe they actuallly used a photo of them and not filmed them. When something shocking happens while you look through viewfinder you momentarily put the camera away for at least one second to check of it's happening for real, and none of them even winked.

AyuWorld 21st February 2013 10:22 PM

somehow I managed to find the english hardsubbed of this movie tonight!

and OMG! this never happened to me, almost like one hour watching it, I had to stop and went to take a rest, I mean my brain felt so tired because yeah theres so many scenes in the movie, the story and the character Lilico is so intense and all the sets are so dark! Like everyone in the movie is so psycho and living in their own world. I didnt read the mange, just why the manager is naive and cant she just quit from being her manager? shes so depressed and pretending to be a good manager in front of Lilico's fans, gosh!

and the guy and the woman who always watching Lilico on the TV,just who are they?

I'll finish the movie later,just too much too handle for me,

yeah her breast surprised that hadnt any censor for that wow O.o

ExodusUK 22nd February 2013 06:25 PM

I hope people managed to grab the link I posted before it was deleted ;)

but I don't get how it's okay to post rips of music DVDs but it's not okay to post film DVDs? They're all protected by the same Japanese copyright and laws but that's a subject for another topic~

Mirrorcle Monster 29th October 2013 01:36 AM

I just watched it and OMG it was abaolutely mindblowing! Erika Sawajiri is just the perfect choice for the character (dont know if this is good or bad lol) and the rest of the cast did a really good job. Sometimes Nanigawa's photographer soul gets too obvious, but it has its good side because you get stunning images through the movie all the time. I understand why they chose evolution, Lilico kinda reminded me of ayu in some scenes. I didnt quite get the ending, can someone explain the very last scene in the bar?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.