Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] evolution - Theme song for 2012 Japanese Movie "Helter Skelter" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113594)

letter 26th April 2012 05:38 PM

If they're going for a certain atmosphere, they might achieve it with this song. I dunno. I don't know a lot about the story.

jewelbox 26th April 2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2856949)
no need to re-record and most likely destroy what's already perfect.

I totally agree

isthisLOL? 26th April 2012 07:22 PM

I just read the manga and Ayu was all I could think about. Some of the statement, visuals, symbols...they're so frequent in what Ayumi says and does. Her music is the perfect choice, though I'm unsure if evolution(lyrically) is the right choice. I wonder if they will take the story from the manga or the storylines that were planned but never realized because of the author's accident...or both...this film would be the perfect opportunity to finish the unfinished story.

mi|kshake 26th April 2012 10:07 PM

This film sounds really interesting! I think Erika is a really good actress so hopefully I'll get the chance to see this. Thanks for the interview evolution 7/4 - she came over really well.

It's cool they've chosen evolution though I don't understand why. From reading the description of the film, the lyrics don't really match.

A remix or recording would be nice though. Adding evolution to her next single would defiantely be a good idea!

mi|kshake~

SKYia 26th April 2012 10:27 PM

wish we could wish for a remastered version with new arrangements maybe :)

Kazeyomi 26th April 2012 10:41 PM

Just finished to read the manga. If you don't mind: nudity, cursing and violence it's highly recommended. It's a cruel and bitter sight on model's careers and beauty obsession. Although it was written on '95 it would apply perfectly nowadays imo.
I'm looking forward this movie! Also, Erika Sawajiri is totally suited for Ririko :yes.

At first I didn't get why they have chosen evolution as main theme, but after reading the manga I got it. To be honest I don't really want a remastered version. evolution is perfect as it is.

Andrenekoi 26th April 2012 11:01 PM

BTW, the manga is from 2003

Kana×Shin 26th April 2012 11:04 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...47644124_n.jpg
ヘルタースケルター

Zeke. 26th April 2012 11:29 PM

That photo is very Ayu.

And so what if she'd re-record it. It wouldn't destroy the original version. It's not like that one would cease to exist or anything. :rolleyes

Kazeyomi 26th April 2012 11:58 PM

^
you're right, but evolution don't really need to be re-recorded imo. However if they will do it, I wouldn't complain lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 2857165)
BTW, the manga is from 2003

ops my bad.

Zeke. 27th April 2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazeyomi (Post 2857187)
^
you're right, but evolution don't really need to be re-recorded imo. However if they will do it, I wouldn't complain lol.



ops my bad.

By the way, I asked this in another thread and I'm not sure if you answered or even quite where I asked it but, what effects did you use on your avatar? To make Ayu look so "standout-ish" and somewhat comic-booky? To give it that really sharp effect?

Kazeyomi 27th April 2012 12:09 AM

^
ow, maybe I didn't see it. Sorry!

btw I used Topaz Clean for made that effect. It's from Topaz Lab a PS filter :yes

Zeke. 27th April 2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazeyomi (Post 2857192)
^
ow, maybe I didn't see it. Sorry!

btw I used Topaz Clean for made that effect. It's from Topaz Lab a PS filter :yes

Ok cool, thanks!

Evolution7/4 27th April 2012 12:54 AM

If they rerecord or arrange it that would totally defeat the purpose of choosing the song in the first place imo

FoObY 27th April 2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 (Post 2857002)
^Yes I was hoping that too! I think the film will be very meaningful to Ayumi and to see her and Erika togetehr would be so cool!

I have to say, i think what Erika did was very immature and stupid, but i really have alot of respect for her too. She's outspoken. Something you just don't get with Japanese stars. i really like this interview with her. I think the interviewer said it perfectly She has "balls"
http://www.cnngo.com/tokyo/life/erika-sawajiri-548777

And once again, there is such a STRONG bridge between Erika in real life and her character in Helter Skelter.

Yeah it's terribly unfortunate about what happened. It's such a trivial thing to me, but I guess artists have to be extremely careful about how they handle the media in Japan.

I really enjoyed her two singles that she released. I don't think they were as generic as she insists, but it's nice to know she's critical about what kind of music she wants to put out.

tokyoxjapanxfan 27th April 2012 04:08 AM

I believe the original run of the manga was 1995-1996, but it was compiled into one volume in 2003.

AyumiAi 27th April 2012 04:51 AM

WOW SO EPIC!!! X) So this is the kind of promotion they were going for Party Queen, so in 2023 we'll get a high budget movie with PQ as it's soundtrack :3 perfect can't wait!

AyumiAi 27th April 2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kana×Shin (Post 2857166)

ZOMG SO GORGEOUS!! X)

kotora 27th April 2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kana×Shin (Post 2857166)

I don't know why, to be, the poster looks like japanese porn movie poster.

microphone 27th April 2012 05:08 AM

That actress is incredibly beautiful...!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.