Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] Ayu to perform at Music Station 19 September (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123163)

Diego-kun 18th September 2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attractive nausea (Post 3215663)
^ 1) It seems that Japanese fans prefer her to sing the same songs over and over instead of new stuff or underperformed old songs (someone pointed out that at TA tour 2015 some fans didn't even recognize/know Present when she sung it)

Probably because ASFXX is her first album and it was released before she became popular so some of her fans are not familiar with non-singles songs.


Quote:

Interesting how nobody mentions songs like Too Late or monochrome which were part of her best selling single.
In some cases like Ayu best selling does not equal to most popular. A clear example of this is AKB48 whose most famous and recognised song is Heavy Rotation and it sold much less than all her later singles...

kotora 18th September 2016 07:04 PM

These 3 songs are way better than Bold & Delicious...

Yoake 18th September 2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3215704)
We discussed here how many songs she usually gets to perform on a TV show among other artists. This time she will sing more than usual. So bringing up SONGS is ...:no

Except that //ABEST didn't specify that he was only talking about music show with several artists and he didn't contest my answer as you did. So your comment was a bit incongruous. To be honest when I read your comment earlier I thought that you nitpicked but apparently it was just a misunderstanding. We didn't understand //ABEST's comment in the same way ;)

EndOfTheWorld 18th September 2016 11:21 PM

The song selection makes complete sense.
It may not be exciting or interesting for us long time fans but to the general audience in Japan, that is what they will look forward to and enjoy the most.
The theme of the event is nostalgia for the most part. Many classic acts all in one place, performing their most known and culturally recognized songs.
I would guess that Ayu had very limited freedom on the song selection.

Chris85 19th September 2016 04:17 AM

I'm watching live stream here:
http://mov3.co/en/main2

AyuGAME 19th September 2016 05:00 AM

hmm...the video freeze but I can hear the sound...
ahh its working now...hopefully not error again..

tokyoxjapanxfan 19th September 2016 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrenekoi (Post 3215607)
There's that video of a comedian playing several pop girls and the chosen song was evolution (not only while playing Ayu, but all of them), so I guess the song is iconic enough. I believe A Song for XX is notorious too.

I didn't mean to say it's not famous/popular, but in my experience it's rarely brought up amongst the general population in comparison to SEASONS and M.

EndOfTheWorld 19th September 2016 06:53 AM

Thank you for the stream link.:yes:heart

Aderianu 19th September 2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3214399)
They are also doing a countdown of the top 100 songs of all time or something.

http://i.imgur.com/9mKTGyYl.jpg

LONJJONG 19th September 2016 10:18 AM

Some artists are performing on various locations! Wonder where Ayu will perform.

EndOfTheWorld 19th September 2016 10:21 AM

I think I might end up missing Ayu and Utada. It's already past 5am.:no

Yannetakizawa 19th September 2016 10:32 AM

Now THE YELLOW MONKEY on Mst....
Utada has performed?

Chris85 19th September 2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yannetakizawa (Post 3215769)
Now THE YELLOW MONKEY on Mst....
Utada has performed?

Not yet I think.

Yannetakizawa 19th September 2016 12:21 PM

Arashi! NOW!

Chris85 19th September 2016 12:26 PM

It seems that they will call Ayu's performance "Special medley" too. I have a feeling Ayu won't be in the studio for the interview.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yannetakizawa (Post 3215776)
Arashi! NOW!

They're lip syncing. Yawn.

Uknow! 19th September 2016 12:35 PM

Utada now and I think Ayu is next.

maxikot 19th September 2016 12:36 PM

Can't wait for both ^^
EDIT:
I would so much like to understand the interview, it has a really nice feeling.

Uknow! 19th September 2016 12:47 PM

Ayu is stunning!

Chris85 19th September 2016 12:48 PM

OMG. I'm glad I was wrong, she's here:love
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3215780)
Can't wait for both ^^
EDIT:
I would so much like to understand the interview, it has a really nice feeling.

It was very interesting. Some facts like she hasn't sung for six years at all, listened to lots of music. didn't have friends in London at first and now she has them there. She is greatful that people still remember her song Automatic even though it's really old.

maxikot 19th September 2016 12:50 PM

Utada is fabulous :O


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.