Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [MARO] Uchiyama Maroka 1st thread "FAKE" (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121466)

Deep snow 26th April 2016 10:47 AM

Oh my god I just read like four pages' worth of posts and I'm losing my mind. This whole thread (and that guy's life) is a mess :laugh

visionfactory 10th July 2016 01:09 AM

MARO went to ayu's MADE IN JAPAN concert

I'm glad he finally made up his mind

Aderianu 11th July 2016 08:40 AM

what a surprise

Aderianu 11th January 2018 06:36 PM

since we had a reminder about his existence I went to maro's twitter to see what's he is doing now

except posting unbelievable amount of selfies

Didn't find anything interesting ) He is a DJ and kids dance teacher. Still married

adantatu2 15th January 2018 04:13 AM

I'm glad he is ok not doing strange things.

Earth_maiden 16th January 2018 07:00 PM

stay off the grass, Maroka. You can do it.

Corvina 18th January 2018 06:11 PM

Ah, reagrding that "grass-eating"...
I've just recently learned in university , that grass-eating is a Japanese term to describe a certain type of men in Japanese society.
So whoever translated Maro's interview most definitely didn't know that.
He didn't want to say anything bad about his situation or Ayu with that.
Classic example of a cultural misunderstanding.

You can all stop now with the jokes about it. :laugh

pedronekoi 18th January 2018 06:37 PM

^ Wow!!! Mindblowing hahaha
Thanks for the explanation!
That makes more sense now...

oaristos 18th January 2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3261064)
Ah, reagrding that "grass-eating"...
I've just recently learned in university , that grass-eating is a Japanese term to describe a certain type of men in Japanese society.
So whoever translated Maro's interview most definitely didn't know that.
He didn't want to say anything bad about his situation or Ayu with that.
Classic example of a cultural misunderstanding.

You can all stop now with the jokes about it. :laugh

Wow, I would never have guessed that! :laugh Thanks for sharing the explanation with us :)

Corvina 18th January 2018 07:38 PM

Sure, I mean, I didn't know it before as well! :)

So, when he said he had a "phase of eating grass", when he left Ayu's troupe after she broke up with him, he basically only meant he was turning away from being a "macho" or away from that traditional image of a Japanese man.
Never read one of his interviews myself, he apparently said and did some horribe things, but that one wasn't one of those.
And maybe this was even a good thing and that may be the reason his marriage and family seem to work after all?

pedronekoi 18th January 2018 08:12 PM

Yeah! I remember the translation came out on Arama so I'm sure it had a little nasty touch to it.

And that explains why he went to MADE IN JAPAN Tour!

EndOfTheWorld 19th January 2018 12:16 AM

Honestly I have always questioned this story. It just seemed too weird and silly to be true.:laugh
I'm glad to get more clarity now. But I don't think the grass eating jokes will stop. I think he will always be seen negatively. Which I don't think Maro is really that bad.

orbitalaspect 19th January 2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corvina (Post 3261074)
Sure, I mean, I didn't know it before as well! :)

So, when he said he had a "phase of eating grass", when he left Ayu's troupe after she broke up with him, he basically only meant he was turning away from being a "macho" or away from that traditional image of a Japanese man.
Never read one of his interviews myself, he apparently said and did some horribe things, but that one wasn't one of those.
And maybe this was even a good thing and that may be the reason his marriage and family seem to work after all?

Welllllllll... I don't see my Artist Bashing/Flaming mark from April 2015 coming down anytime soon. It says "Expires: Never". So... :rolleyes


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.