Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Meaning of MOON PV? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102627)

Alifay 20th July 2010 05:57 AM

Meaning of MOON PV?
 
The MOON PV is very strange (not unlike many Ayu PVs :) ) --- I was wondering if anyone had any interpretation of what it means?

C+R+E+AYUMI 20th July 2010 07:30 AM

I was wondreing the same, i'm terrible in the interpretation of her PVs...they're often quite confusing, or they're just too deep for my silly mind LOL

lovelism 20th July 2010 07:41 AM

Me neither~ Why is there this black liquid thing?

Any care to explain? ;)

AyuGAME 20th July 2010 10:47 AM

^like someone stated in the other similar thread...

the black liquid represent ink...that's why we see ink and paper in the beginning of the PV
and it's common knowledge that ink can't be erase by anything...if you drop ink to the paper, it's really hard to erase or clean it...
so we can see the scene where ayu tried so hard to erase the ink that dropped to her head and body, but no matter how hard ayu want to erase it or get rid of it, the ink is still there...

and i think ink is symbol of love story, usually if the love story ended there will be wound/scar left on peoples heart.
and that love story or wound/scar can't be erase by anything.

C+R+E+AYUMI 20th July 2010 11:11 AM

In your opinion she stll writing about her lovestory with Nagase?

Mayayu 20th July 2010 11:50 AM

maybe not about love story... at first i thought it meant the same as the PV for DLB, lost innocence or something

AyuGAME 20th July 2010 11:51 AM

^^ no i think it's ended...but the wound/scar or the memory is still left in her heart or mind...i think the lyrics explain about this too...

lovelism 20th July 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuGAME (Post 2432202)
^like someone stated in the other similar thread...

the black liquid represent ink...that's why we see ink and paper in the beginning of the PV
and it's general knowledge that ink can't be erase by anything...if you drop ink to the paper, it's really hard to erase or clean it...
so we can see the scene where ayu tried so hard to erase the ink that dropped to her head and body, but no matter how hard ayu want to erase it or get rid of it, the ink is still there...

and i think ink is symbol of love story, usually if the love story ended there will be wound/scar left on peoples heart.
and that love story or wound/scar can't be erase by anything.

Ahh that explains. Thank you once again for the explanation! Truely a sad PV.
Might consider getting the OS CD+DVD edition even though i just received my 2 Cd onlys today~

AyUmIXx 20th July 2010 12:30 PM

and i wonder what's the connection between MOON and the ink paper thing?

AyuGAME 20th July 2010 01:20 PM

^i think the most memorable thing in the love story that ayu telling here is during the night...the time when we can see the moon

the lyrics is once again explain about this
"The night we met blended in with the bustle of the city" - first time met

"We looked up together at the moon that looked close enough to touch, didn't we?"

AyUmIXx 20th July 2010 01:49 PM

^ ah rite..
yes, it's like Ayu talking to the MOON right?
like "curhat" to the MOON..
only MOON knows what's going on with Ayu~ hoh~ rite~

AyuGAME 20th July 2010 01:55 PM

^yeah..kinda maybe...curhat...hahaha

curhat is indonesian language means sharing story...

ストロボ・EdGE 20th July 2010 02:15 PM

Ayu is sad.

AyUmIXx 20th July 2010 02:18 PM

AyuGAME, LOL , just now i just forgot what's the english lang for curhat LMAO
thanks..now i got it..
just that i wish there would be a MOON though wahahaha XD

Midori-chan 20th July 2010 03:10 PM

I don't know why, but personally I think that "MOON" is about her dogs, especially Marron, who nearly died.

I know, the lyrics don't really fit and the dog in the PV is not Marron, but...I don't know...maybe it's just because I'm a strange person, but I think that in the PV Ayu describes the fear of losing somebody very dear and important to her, without being able to do anything about it (--> the black ink/liquid, which is holding her back).

And because Marron nearly died of cancer and Ayu was really helpless about it, this story came to my mind the first time I watched the PV!

maneayu 21st July 2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midori-chan (Post 2432392)
I don't know why, but personally I think that "MOON" is about her dogs, especially Marron, who nearly died.

I know, the lyrics don't really fit and the dog in the PV is not Marron, but...I don't know...maybe it's just because I'm a strange person, but I think that in the PV Ayu describes the fear of losing somebody very dear and important to her, without being able to do anything about it (--> the black ink/liquid, which is holding her back).

And because Marron nearly died of cancer and Ayu was really helpless about it, this story came to my mind the first time I watched the PV!

Your explaination make sense to me! :yes

hsienko 21st July 2010 02:16 AM

When I first saw it I was thinking it had some kind of connection with moments because of the similar look, location, and black sauce. But then the dog scenes changed my mind.

AyuGAME 21st July 2010 02:41 AM

for me the dog scene is the memory when she is with her lover, which is the one that record that scene...

C+R+E+AYUMI 21st July 2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyUmIXx (Post 2432275)
and i wonder what's the connection between MOON and the ink paper thing?

maybe I say something silly. but the ink is permanent like the moon in the sky...oh oh

Aditmi Krisnasaki ~II~ 21st July 2010 09:55 AM

^ oh my.. that's really good presentation...

now the PV will boo me no more.... :D :D

WoWee 21st July 2010 10:05 AM

Wenn i waatched the PV i had the idea that i was part from something, like that this is one of the 2 or 3 PV's that together make a story.....

C+R+E+AYUMI 21st July 2010 10:11 AM

This could be cool..

OyTony 21st July 2010 10:20 AM

I looks like it is the end of a story. Like we will see the happy parts of the story later in the other PVs. Maybe I`m wrong. But it is the part of something because there is the black screen on the beginning with MOON on it. So I think it will be a little movie or something.

C+R+E+AYUMI 21st July 2010 10:42 AM

like a flash forward to the future and then back to the past? sounds good

Heavenly 21st July 2010 11:01 AM

another clue that could lead us to think that she talks about Maron in the song is the first line of the choruses :
"Nee yasashii uta o kimi ni ageru yo"
"I'll give you a gentle song"

When Maron was ill, she said many times in TA msg that she sang songs to Maron, to cause him less suffering.

tehxiinae 24th July 2010 08:59 AM

Also, one thing that caught my attention is that the black ink pours completely down her left side...her left ear.

dulceku 24th July 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehxiinae (Post 2435487)
Also, one thing that caught my attention is that the black ink pours completely down her left side...her left ear.

That's what I was about to post ;; you were faster hehe

nanakopy87 24th July 2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehxiinae (Post 2435487)
Also, one thing that caught my attention is that the black ink pours completely down her left side...her left ear.

i think that is just a coincidence

panda♥ 24th July 2010 12:18 PM

^I think people even said that about the lyrics of countdown, but I don't think things like that are just a coincidence. :/

ayumisrael 24th July 2010 12:57 PM

Into AyuGame's interpertation's context the last lines of the chorus are "Please don't ask me anymore "Do you love me?""

and on the other chorus she wants the person to be happy again, so seemingly the other ayu with the ink might be the other person, or both can be ayu and she can't shake the scar of memories from herself and the repeatance, maybe something/someone she can't or don't want to get rid of but is lost.

Not sure if any of it is true though of course =P

crea_spain 24th July 2010 01:44 PM

Ayu VS. Ayumi

Spartayu 24th July 2010 06:12 PM

I think this is one of her ballads. Basically, when you were into relationship once (Long term or short term), you will never ever forget it easily, no matter how hard you try, it's hard to let go, in other words, a human drugs. And I think this is what the role of the ink does. Thus, Ms Hamasaki had her feelings compressed in a nutshell for a pleasure to our ears.

Evolution7/4 24th July 2010 07:26 PM

I too think its about the possibility of losing her dog. In the scenes when she is crying on the couch she is mourning his loss, remembering the moments when he was alive (the moments when we flashback to ehr with the dog on the same couch). The ink scene could represent a tattoo maybe? Like she wants to remember him by a tattoo but she wants to remember him so much and always that she totally covers herself in ink, so that she will remember him forever.

chloeM 24th July 2010 08:31 PM

AyuGame speaks clearly~

waterballoon 25th July 2010 06:26 PM

U know, I'm beginning to think this might be a song for Marron.

like, those footages of her with her dog (not marron right?) as if "filmed by a loved one", wasn't to show that there WAS a loved one filming her, but to convey that emotion; the closeness & warmth of a loved one filming her & her dong

as for the black ink, I'm thinking more & more that it might be guilt. Like for whatever reason Marron contracted cancer or whatever it was then, Ayu probably blamed herself for not being to take care of him properly or something, so in a way the ink is guilt pouring down on her, and weighing her down, and it's almost impossible to remove the ink (guilt) as well, as it probably would stay with her for the rest of her life...

Spartayu 29th July 2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

I didn’t have the courage to softly wipe away the tears
You showed me the first time I hurt your heart. I’m sorry
Erm... How can a dog be heartbroken?

Taki 30th July 2010 01:17 PM

wondering about "Jeanne d'Arc" book in PV
It means something or she just reads it now :think

gallowsCalibrator 30th July 2010 04:31 PM

^ Hm~! Another Joan of Arc reference? Free & Easy, now MOON, or is it coincidence? :heart

Bad Wolf 24th August 2010 03:51 AM

Joan of Arc is a great symbolic figure of a tragic but determined/strong woman who had to suffer for both her faith and her courage. This could be factored in a few ways into the PV -- maybe the character Ayu plays feels like her faith in this person actually led to something awful/painful (hence her having a little spaz attack and the black ink spilling over her)?

My impression of the PV was this: Ayu #1, sitting on the couch, wants to write a letter or write out her feelings/thoughts in order to be freed of their burden, but she can't find the proper way to do so, and she feels trapped and upset because of this. The pristine/white Ayu sitting on the floor, lifeless, is like a "letter" or "page" that's blank, waiting to be filled in. The black ink that pours down around her face is like the ink hitting a page when you write on it -- this shows how the letter/page is "covered" not only in the ink but the emotions behind what put that ink to the page. When she smears it over her face and hands, she's sort of completing the effect of being covered by the emotions. The "blank" Ayu wants to be filled with something.

Ayu and the dog just seemed like a nice little cameo lol. "LOOK AT MAH PUPPEH, ISN'T S/HE CUTE?!" Just kidding. I think that, as someone else already said, was an Ayu captured on film by her lover. It shows her being happy. Well, the Ayu on the couch now wants to use another medium to capture her emotions: words/a letter. But she can't :(

ETA: Also, the moon is something (usually) white, at a distance, wrapped up in the black of space. The moon's white face is like a blank page on which no one can write, and the pristine/white Ayu might see herself as something similar and wants to change it?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.