Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Thoughts about Ladies Night PV? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38042)

Qt Mashi 27th December 2005 11:56 AM

Thoughts about Ladies Night PV?
 
what are your thoughts on this PV??

but i haven't seen it yet >_<" !!!

EDIT: lol i just watched it!! it was quite good but why was that maid whipping that girl? o_O...well without thinking too deep...rape?

and in the end Ayu got...raped?....but i don't think Ayu would make a PV like that, so anyone would like to explain?....

SnowDrop 27th December 2005 12:18 PM

One word: WIERD. This is her most wierd PV ever.

The plot is hard to understand. It's just like random stuff that pops up everywhere. And what about the ending scene, that is just too scary. Who's that guy? :irked Anyways, it was fun to watch!

momobean 27th December 2005 12:25 PM

Just looking at the screencaps, I'm terrified.. I refuse to watch it. :(

minkAYuko 27th December 2005 12:26 PM

This is PV is soooooooooo good!! and it's weird indeed!! and scary! and funnny at the same time! but it't really nice!

Favorite PV EVER!

seems like a parody of something right?

lotusoka 27th December 2005 12:26 PM

I love this PV. But I must admit the whole Hitler-like thing is kind of unsettling.

and that guy looking over her at the end... good lord. O_O

ayuflareup! 27th December 2005 12:31 PM

one word to describe:... inexplicable....
I don't know what's going on with the pv, it is just meaningless and inexplicable.... at the same time, ludicrous... can someone give a brief account of what's the true meaning behind this pv?

love_destiny_J 27th December 2005 12:43 PM

Ya... I tink I really need someone to explain the whole PV. It's scary, especially the part where ayu looked at the faceless ayu. It really freaked me out. and the last scene... It's just creepy and random. Dun really understand the whole PV but it's still great to watch.

nanami606 27th December 2005 12:48 PM

I freaking LOVE IT!!!! One of the best PVs ever.

makie_7 27th December 2005 01:01 PM

I like whats inside the rooms...ayu in that outfit but the rest of the pv I dont like it...
and the end is sooooo scary!!!!!

[taskin.ayu] 27th December 2005 01:04 PM

omg it is one of her craziest but I love it! I think the PV is another one of those represent my career things again. The doors are her finding genres but she is lost, but some crazy butterfly woman comes out with giant eyelashes to save her! LOL

ourselves 27th December 2005 01:15 PM

i don't get it and i got a fright at the end. but thumbs up to ayu for giving us something so different and creative once more.

bpulse 27th December 2005 01:15 PM

This PV has the whole girl power going on.
I think the rooms represent the styles a girl can follow. The whole army represents the pressure those girls are under. The faceless Ayu represents the lack of personality, the exterior. I think it is some kind of critic against how fashion can make everybody look the same, make people lack personality, just trying to be something they are not.
It's like a bunch of cows, they all look the same, and some people have control over their lives.

LOL, omg. I have too much free time!
That's just what popped up in my mind while watching it!

Indeed it is a weird PV, but I like it!

Nikki 27th December 2005 01:20 PM

I love it! It's weird and that guy at the end is really scary, but her outfit is awesome :D

Geminik 27th December 2005 01:48 PM

The last scene look like a horror movie, where the victim is "murdered" by a serial killer....

Kirshwasser 27th December 2005 01:59 PM

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i just love ayu's crazy stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the PV is AWESOME !!!
it makes me love ladies night even more !!

Lodestar 27th December 2005 02:15 PM

for me...uhhh not so much.
the only thing i liked about the PV is the butterfly lady& her room.

maybe it'll be one of those songs that grows on me..

tinyppl 27th December 2005 02:17 PM

Back then ppl thought alterna pv was creepy and weird, now I think ladies night pv is worse. I don't quite understand the plot or meaning either but so the conclusion is ayu got kidnapped >_< by some crazy perverted scientist. Oh yeah and the whip and stuff, geez they're scary like suggesting some bondage violent sex things.

makie_7 27th December 2005 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qt Mashi
what are your thoughts on this PV??

but i haven't seen it yet >_<" !!!

EDIT: lol i just watched it!! it was quite good but why was that maid whipping that girl? o_O...well without thinking too deep...rape?

and in the end Ayu got...raped?....but i don't think Ayu would make a PV like that, so anyone would like to explain?....

I thought that she was killed by the man that appears at the end of the pv...and it seems that in that bed is just her head...a bit scary
but what you say seems possible too because of what we see inside the rooms...

I want to read the translation and maybe IŽ'' be albe to understand it a bit more

makie_7 27th December 2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpulse
This PV has the whole girl power going on.
I think the rooms represent the styles a girl can follow. The whole army represents the pressure those girls are under. The faceless Ayu represents the lack of personality, the exterior. I think it is some kind of critic against how fashion can make everybody look the same, make people lack personality, just trying to be something they are not.
It's like a bunch of cows, they all look the same, and some people have control over their lives.

LOL, omg. I have too much free time!
That's just what popped up in my mind while watching it!

Indeed it is a weird PV, but I like it!

I agree too
by the way I'm starting to like this song...

colinko 27th December 2005 02:43 PM

the pv is awesome. all the effects and stuffs.
the elephant ayu was dragging was so kawaiii!!!
werid song + werid pv combination doesn't seem bad at all!!

PSYCHEDELICOdust 27th December 2005 03:02 PM

Wow.

I love this thing XD.

SpiceSquad! 27th December 2005 03:14 PM

weird.. but again its a FUN video.. he2x..

Surreal 27th December 2005 03:21 PM

the ending guy gave me a freaking heart attack!!!

elepop 27th December 2005 03:26 PM

After watching it: "WTF?"

LOL! I don't really get the whole concept. Lyrics would help but there isn't any yet. Defenitely have to do with women in society or something like that? I'm not sure, but it is indeed really weird and creepy. Weirdest PV ever, lol. But I like it. I don't love it, but it's different. Cute looked really cute in the PV. The random scenes are really creepy...

Weird, but kinda funny too. LOL. >> 7.8/10

Princess_Of_Roses 27th December 2005 03:27 PM

Ok...i thought she looked cute in that pink outfit...it was so cool at first then O_O..wow..i thought Alterna was bad...the end was worse of all... *the song is good*..what was up with all the people marching and stuff o.o wowie....it will take some getting use to jsut like alterna...

elepop 27th December 2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Of_Roses
Ok...i thought she looked cute in that pink outfit...it was so cool at first then O_O..wow..i thought Alterna was bad...the end was worse of all... *the song is good*..what was up with all the people marching and stuff o.o wowie....it will take some getting use to jsut like alterna...

What? "alterna" PV is like my Ayu's favorite PV! LOL! :luv2

Qt Mashi 27th December 2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinko
the elephant ayu was dragging was so kawaiii!!!

lol NO! the elephant Ayu was dragging around irritated me, it's freaky~

Sweer 27th December 2005 04:05 PM

^freaky? I thought it was too cute too :D

and that pink outfit is also really cute just like the cap Ayu's wearing, but the other stuff was kinda confusing, while kinda is understated.

edit: anyone else noticed that bear in the window watching those 2 on the table???
would post a screenie, but it doesnt work for me

Princess_Of_Roses 27th December 2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asongforXX
What? "alterna" PV is like my Ayu's favorite PV! LOL! :luv2

i like it now too...O_O it just took me like a while to like it..

Surreal 27th December 2005 04:23 PM

The bear and the guy just freaked me out....................

mika 27th December 2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikAYuko
it's weird indeed!! and scary! and funnny at the same time!

:yes

Qt Mashi 27th December 2005 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweer
^freaky? I thought it was too cute too :D

when i saw it i just thought it's weird how elephant could bend their knees like that, it looks like it's legs are broken...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweer
^
edit: anyone else noticed that bear in the window watching those 2 on the table???
would post a screenie, but it doesnt work for me

yeah i noticed~

elepop 27th December 2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweer
^freaky? I thought it was too cute too :D

I thought it was quite cute too! XD

Baernash 27th December 2005 04:41 PM

One of the greatest PVs released this year! :luv2

PV is showing cloning of ppls to cybernetic bodies to easy control them. It's also close connected with movie Equilibrium based on novel "1984" wrote by George Orwall.

I love AYU SF-style PVs sooooo much :P

Coelacanth 27th December 2005 04:41 PM

LMAO WTF.

tl1029530921 27th December 2005 04:53 PM

It was really creative but im sooo confused! AAH

Isthan 27th December 2005 04:54 PM

I like the PV. I don't think it's weird at all!

I agree with the "lack of personality -theory". Many things, such as leaders (guess to whom I'm referring to?), can make people lose themselves.

Indeed a great PV!

Kirshwasser 27th December 2005 04:57 PM

the best part in the video is the bridge !!!!
when ayumi start to make a speech in front of her people !!!!!!!
she's so damn Hot in that outfit !!!

Raleigh 27th December 2005 05:08 PM

Well I'm almost sure it is attached with the Nazis theme. The men's eyes and built are typical German and during war there was a lot of scientific research especially with genetics. Also the way she speaks sounds as if she's dictating.

There seemed to be two worlds behind the doors - the world of butterflies and that bizarre world and the underground world.

Also there are some themes attached with the world during the war - the morse code, the maid's uniform and the style of the style of planes.

I think that Ayu is a clone of the dictator and the man in the end looks a scientist to me in the end. Maybe she is showing how in the future clones shall be slaves of people? I think once a lecturer mentioned how there is a book about it.

RubbishMui 27th December 2005 05:16 PM

omfg!! that guy at the end totally freaked me out!!

i dunno know about themes or anything.. the whole pv was rather random to me..i did like her hair here..looked really nice :)

Indie 27th December 2005 05:16 PM

after watching it several time sI started thinking that the man is a crazy scientist and the ayu in the bed was the original one, the rest were copies cause they both were a bit extreme.

the first time I saw that guy I got freaked out, and when I read that it was just ayu's head there it got even creepier, but I saw it again and you can see her arm so at least it's her entire body :P

Taishaku 27th December 2005 05:29 PM

Very Kubrick-like, reminds me of Massive Attack's "Karmacoma" PV.
That faceless Ayu scared the hell out of me... @_@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scary, funny and beautiful at the same time...loved it!!! ^^

ImpactBreaker 27th December 2005 05:35 PM

I actually thought it was easy to understand. This is another "Girls Power" PV.
- Ayu walking in shiny pink and blue with the stuffed toys represents how girls loves to catch people's attention with their looks. She's curious and she has control over the situation (she's got a key in her hand she proudly exposes).
-The commander thing has nothing to do with Hitler, it's just showing how a woman can can be strong enough to command a "troop of guys" (not referring to army but their power in society, how they can actually have jobs such as being presidents and stuff).
-The maid is NOT whipping a GIRL but a GUY. Again it's nothing more than girls power. While the maid is in a lower social position than her boss, she's still able to get him under her skin.
-The black lady with cat face is turning that guys life into a hell because girls can do that.
-The girl in white with the butterflies shows women can live fine without a man by their side.
-Ayu's afraid of facing her true self (the 2 ayu's) specially because she doesn't want to lose her identity (faceless ayu) but she gets crushed by her own insecurities (the elevator). [This part shows that even though women can be determined as showed before, inside they still have a lot of insecurities to deal with]
-However, in the end, because of the insecurities, as much as women want to show how strong they have become, the men still have the ladies under their skin :laugh Women can't just live without men.

evolution105 27th December 2005 05:46 PM

I enjoyed the PV! it gave me a good laugh!

norain 27th December 2005 05:54 PM

ya'll are a bunch of scaredy cats, the only thing that should've scared you was the man at the end. lol

looked like that guy from the scientist shows...and just realizing, the elephant's legs are bacwards, if it was the right way it'd be pull forward...

Also someone explain to me the lost phone at the end

~*Mabushii*~ 27th December 2005 06:34 PM

Well, at least we didn't get a dance scene girls partying out type video.. which is what I had feared..but then again..
Shame on me for expecting something typical and normal out of Ayu's PV's ehh? ^_^ none of them ended at all like I had imagined they would be..
I've seen it 3 times, the first time I just sat there O.O .................. and now it's grown on me..
although, blue glittery eyeshadow.. >.< .. Oh well, it's only because I hate blue eyeshadow..
How the heck Ayu manages to pull it off at least somewhat decently is a mystery to me..
^_^ Not sure the meaning, but I like ImpactBreaker's thought on it.. Interesting, and cool video none the less. I almost giggled when Ayu couldnt unlock the door after looking so confident walking down the hall! LOL

.. the elephant is really cute tho..

Larisa-chan 27th December 2005 06:39 PM

Whoa, this PV was awesome o.o I didn't think I'd like the whole "girl power" theme recycled, but this was conveyed very artistically. Something new for a change rather than my name's WOMEN and Because of You. It reminded me of the movie The Shining, where behind the doors of the hotel rooms some crazy stuff was going on~ (Directed by Stanley Kubrick~)

Hah, the thing that disturbed me the most was that maid. I mean sheesh LOL.. Those bald [edit]girls o.o[edit]also need to buy some pants >.> Also, what's up with the lady and the cat face? I thought it was her doing something to a man, but that mannequin is clearly of a woman's body.

Also, I think the end was the most powerful part of the PV.. still shows that women are being dominated by men in the end. Very bold of Ayu to have it presented in the form of rape. (I mean come on.. she's lying helpless in the bed with a blank stare on her face and you see this guy appear over her.. very sad, but powerful). Ah, that's my interpretation of the end anyways hehe.

Sweer 27th December 2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
I actually thought it was easy to understand. This is another "Girls Power" PV.
- Ayu walking in shiny pink and blue with the stuffed toys represents how girls loves to catch people's attention with their looks. She's curious and she has control over the situation (she's got a key in her hand she proudly exposes).
-The commander thing has nothing to do with Hitler, it's just showing how a woman can can be strong enough to command a "troop of guys" (not referring to army but their power in society, how they can actually have jobs such as being presidents and stuff).
-The maid is NOT whipping a GIRL but a GUY. Again it's nothing more than girls power. While the maid is in a lower social position than her boss, she's still able to get him under her skin.
-The black lady with cat face is turning that guys life into a hell because girls can do that.
-The girl in white with the butterflies shows women can live fine without a man by their side.
-Ayu's afraid of facing her true self (the 2 ayu's) specially because she doesn't want to lose her identity (faceless ayu) but she gets crushed by her own insecurities (the elevator). [This part shows that even though women can be determined as showed before, inside they still have a lot of insecurities to deal with]
-However, in the end, because of the insecurities, as much as women want to show how strong they have become, the men still have the ladies under their skin :laugh Women can't just live without men.

nice interpretation and this sounds quite accurate too.
I'm looking forward for other ppl's interpretations and I dun like that idea about the rape, I think this would be somewhat out of place in this PV

AyuMayu 27th December 2005 07:05 PM

I loved this PV. But I was wondering about the woman whipping that girl

chopin21 27th December 2005 07:17 PM

I'm afraid to watch it for a second time....

Kaiouforever 27th December 2005 07:22 PM

I agree with bpulse, I think it shows how girls can live their lives. And although I liked the song before seeing the PV, after seeing it I love it even more! This is probably my favorite PV ever. I don't know if the guy raped Ayu, but I think she was definitely not at the Hilton.

Maybe the ending scene is prostitution? I'm not sure. BUT I also wanted to say that what Ayu is wearing is so hideous but still so hot. I don't know, on anyone else I would probably tear them to shreds, but Ayu can get away with it. So hot!

hawkeye 27th December 2005 07:22 PM

excellent video, a bit weird but thats always good!!
and Impactbreakers explanation is spot on
Ayu looks gorgeous with her long straight hair (",)

marshey905 27th December 2005 07:46 PM

I didn't understand it.. but I think it's pretty cool.. lol

Zer0-no-Ibuki 27th December 2005 07:52 PM

the video was awesome, where awesome is defined as "my brain has melted and now i salute the beautiful ayu~".

also, it's the Seven's Find this week at zer0's ayu archive.

Mirai Noah 27th December 2005 07:54 PM

Agh, I didn't like it very much. I liked alterna a lot more. :yes

Ryoko 27th December 2005 08:04 PM

From what everyone is saying, I'm scared of the PV now.... I'll wait until my DVD comes so I can see it for myself. I didn't even look at the screencaps.

blahh 27th December 2005 08:05 PM

omg! This is the creepiest, scariest, wierdest ayumi pv I've ever seen.
I imagine the pv to be something like bold and delicious, but BOY! was i wrong?

ohsixthirty 27th December 2005 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan
Well, at least we didn't get a dance scene girls partying out type video.. which is what I had feared..

same here, i'm glad its something totally unexpected! i haven't seen it yet and can't till i get the dvd, but it looks realllllllly great! i love ayu's weird pv's.

PickleCookies 27th December 2005 08:43 PM

Lame.

JimmyKoria 27th December 2005 09:58 PM

Well the girl in the butterfly room, she’s dressed as someone from the Victorian age, where girls where “girls” and beauty was more I guess heighten? It’s when people learned to be shallow and vein. Also notice the lady has masks on her dress. Which can be the different faces one can hide behind. The room is full of butterflies which tells you the room is about constant change. I guess it’s something like, “you can change your mask often…”

The room with the Maid, clearly fetish. She is riding a horse in the end, a rocker horse. The guy isn’t being “attacked” by her. The room with the lady covered in black is probably reference to “fetish” as well, the mannequins are dressed in vinyl. I guess Hamasaki is trying to give women an more “sexual” outlook. Sort of what Madonna claimed to have been doing at one point in her career. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure a made whipping someone is kinky.

Also when she’s walking down the hall, she has a key. This is almost to say “This is the key to your future it only opens one door.” But what happens when the key, or maybe “fate” you’re handed doesn’t open the door? She is in a panic and tries to open any door she can. I guess it goes with the insecurities as someone else pointed out.

The end is strangest, I don’t think she’s meant to be a real person in that scene. She’s just a toy for a man?

Raleigh 27th December 2005 10:13 PM

Good points there Jimmy too.

Sweer 27th December 2005 10:15 PM

^ agreed. interesting points you mentioned

qwerty 27th December 2005 10:36 PM

(Credits to the people above me for making really good points)
Well, I think that the main theme of the PV is what a woman can grow up to and how that can affect them greatly. For example, she's in that really tacky (I think it's tacky ;)), blue/pink outfit, carrying what kinda looks like a toy vacuum cleaner with a toy elephant on it. This appearance represents her purity and her stage before she becomes a lady. The faceless Ayumi also shows a symbol of purity, but not in the good way (the poster who said that it represents her lack of personality, I agree. :))

The key, as a poster above talked about, did seem to represent her key to her futures. She couldn't open various doors; I think this represents her not having the personality to become that type of lady. It tells her that this isn't she. As one poster said, the doors represent her different possible futures. The maid (possibly a prostitute? ?_?) and the lady in the wig + elegant dress (Victorian England lady). (Side note: In Victorian England, the proper lady was to be seen but not heard; she should never wear the same dress twice; she never walks alone or unchaperoned if she is unmarried + under the age of 30. So you see, they had a lot of rules to live under. That's what the lady represented. Does Ayumi want to live under some sort of rule/pressure? The whole robotic-looking women ruled by a dictator Ayumi scene also shows this representation, as posted by one above.)

The ending where she's about to be crushed in the elevator and where the creepy guy shows up at her bed probably represents Ayumi's time before her death. It's apparent that something bad is going to happen to her in both "versions" of the ending. Both futures lead to a bad ending; this is probably what Ayumi was trying to say.

The insecurities is also a good point. Can't really elaborate on that, but really good point nonetheless. :)

My theory is probably totally wrong, but hey, I tried. :P

P.S. Can anybody explain why those robotic-looking people don't have prominent ears? ?_?

JimmyKoria 27th December 2005 11:12 PM

I didn’t notice the soldiers had no ears. Could these be her fans? Or just the population in general? Sometimes people don’t have to hear things to think they are good, they just blindly follow a trend. The people are all alike [played by one person…but yeah…] which kind of makes you think about the uniformity of Japanese society.

orenji_jaro 27th December 2005 11:21 PM

i think its us.. cos she's the leader right? ^^

Olw---A 27th December 2005 11:29 PM

sorry but I don't understand a thing on this PV... I'm waiting lyrics to do conclusion on it

bernardation 27th December 2005 11:38 PM

that PV is like "alterna" meets "ourselves".
i looooove it !! one of her best pvs.
i love all the hitler scenes !
i definetely don't think this PV is random.

ImpactBreaker 27th December 2005 11:55 PM

I never knew being an "army leader" automatically turns it into a synonym for "Hitler" :rolleyes

minkAYuko 28th December 2005 12:02 AM

The telephone represents how women all they do is TALK and TALK and TALK!!! LOL

and the econded messange at beginning represents how fast they can type their nips to get money out of the ATM!

LOL

JimmyKoria 28th December 2005 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
I never knew being an "army leader" automatically turns it into a synonym for "Hitler" :rolleyes

:[ the whole "hitler" thing is confusing me too. I heard that in the gothic groups in Japan that swazticas are popular and not as the ancient symbol, but as in the hitler use of it. They also went to state that amry uniforms where popular [and they emphasized that it was probably because Japanese are into uniformity]. But I don't think the video portays Hamasaki as even remotley "hitler" I can see her being compared to a communist leader in the video...it reminds me of those marches they do in china or north korea.

I don't know, I'm waiting for more people to put in real input :\ not just "this video is weird."

norain 28th December 2005 12:15 AM

Just wondering...but when I watched the PV..aren't those soldiers...women -_-?

Raleigh 28th December 2005 12:17 AM

Well I just thought of Hitler because of some themes and imagery inserted into the video - cloning, the mass who had typical German features, the way she portrayed herself when she was a leader - as a charismatic and powerful person but then yes I suppose it can be linked to communism. I do not know enough about Mao and Lenin to comment enough about them. Of course I do not think it has a political implication.

I think she has used these themes and images to show "the mass" or the uniformity that maybe she does think still exists in the present. Through ages women have followed trends blindly without asking any questions and has stripped them off their individuality and character.

ImpactBreaker 28th December 2005 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norain
Just wondering...but when I watched the PV..aren't those soldiers...women -_-?

the faces looked pretty much like men to me. :shrug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
Well I just thought of Hitler because of some themes and imagery inserted into the video - cloning, the mass who had typical German features, the way she portrayed herself when she was a leader - as a charismatic and powerful person but then yes I suppose it can be linked to communism. I do not know enough about Mao and Lenin to comment enough about them. Of course I do not think it has a political implication.

any army leader commands a mass of soldier and looks powerful and has a distinctive attitude. The leader usually wears distinctive clothes from the army as well. ayu's charismatic, Hitler wasn't LOL The uniforms don't even have any nazi symbol on them.

Vinh 28th December 2005 12:31 AM

Hmm, I think, in the beginning Ayumi is walking down the hallway, confident, knowing what she's doing. The key symbolizes her career of some sort, or her future.

She puts the key in thinking that "I can pick this job!" But then discovers it doesn't open, meaning opportunities are locked out. She tried other doors but it doesn't work. A few doors open, and if you think about it, the ones that are open are the steroetypical opportunities.

I dunno, still watching. Really interesting!

I really love the camera effects in this music video, a lot! (Like ourselves/because of you/step you)

[taskin.ayu] 28th December 2005 12:50 AM

Wow everyone has made great points so far. XD And I agree with them all. Like what qwerty said, the ending leads to two different bad endings, but maybe it means if you run away from yourself (running away from scary nofaced ayumi XD) you can end up in bad situations? =p That's what I think anyway, the ending doesn't make sense to me yet. XD

Hazuki 28th December 2005 12:55 AM

I dint understand the PV that clearly but.. looked like Ayumi was walking into a hotel of some sort, then she's desperate to open a door with her key.
Talking on the phone, the phone is just hanging there at the end, the elevator 'caves' in on Ayu when she runs after seeing herself without a face.

She's the leader of an army? With a huge flag/banner of her behind herself.
They dont have ears @__@;; I dint get that.

I hope the lyrics/translation of this song will help me understand it better =D

Good PV.

Raleigh 28th December 2005 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
any army leader commands a mass of soldier and looks powerful and has a distinctive attitude. The leader usually wears distinctive clothes from the army as well. ayu's charismatic, Hitler wasn't LOL The uniforms don't even have any nazi symbol on them.

Yes he was. If he wasn't charismatic he wouldn't have had all those followers. Of course a lot of army leaders are powerful but he's definately a clear example of power, charisma and strenght. Plus the Germans were forerunners in genetic studies and so my mind automatically went there. Also there were direct images which reminded me of the time of the two world wars which might not be specificially German though - the morse code, the plane models. But that's just my interpretation. Doesn't mean you have to agree with what I say. That's the beauty of art that everybody can interpret a piece of work as compared to their background and ideas.

Plus as I said she's not directly referring to Nazi. It's obviously not a political video. I think she is using themes from it and other cultures (Victorian, the blue dress looks retro too) though to portray how people follow trends blindly without asking any questions and how we are actually being manipulated without even knowing.

norain 28th December 2005 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
the faces looked pretty much like men to me. :shrug

They have boobs and they're wearing skimpy skirts...definitely men. :thud

ImpactBreaker 28th December 2005 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
Yes he was. If he wasn't charismatic he wouldn't have had all those followers. Of course a lot of army leaders are powerful but he's definately a clear example of power, charisma and strenght.

saying that ayu is representing "Hitler" on the video is almost as saying JPOP equals "ayu" - generalizing. The fact a lot of things might make you quickly think of Hitler, doesn't take the fact that ayu was representing nothing more than an army leader, be it Hitler or Mussolini or any other out there.
His ideals and attitudes were charismatic for the situation ppl in Germany were at that time but he was definitely not charismatic in terms of looks, which I believe was the only thing about charisma you could judge in ayu in that part of the video.

She could indeed be talking about how people blindly follow trends as you mentioned though and could actually be referring to nazis or whatever, however I don't think such theme fits the title "Ladies Night". I might be completely wrong though. We have to await for a translation of the lyrics.....

jkm444 28th December 2005 01:38 AM

This pv is great! This is the best girl power pv of ayu that i ever seen so far. I didn't really like my name's woman that much. Is ayu wearing the same army or navy outfit that she wore at the CDL 04-05?

ImpactBreaker 28th December 2005 01:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by norain
They have boobs and they're wearing skimpy skirts...definitely men. :thud

You're right, they are women. I watched it on a slower mode and they indeed have boobs LOL

Raleigh 28th December 2005 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
saying that ayu is representing "Hitler" on the video is almost as saying JPOP equals "ayu" or saying that japanese music sounds exactly like old traditional chinese music - stereotypes. The fact a lot of things might make you quickly think of Hitler, doesn't take the fact that ayu was representing nothing more than an army leader, be it Hitler or Mussolini or any other out there.
His ideals and attitudes were charismatic for the situation ppl in Germany were at that time but he was definitely not charismatic in terms of looks, which I believe was the only thing about charisma you could judge on ayu in that part video. :P

She could indeed be talking about how people blindly follow trends as you mentioned though and could actually be referring to nazis or whatever, however I don't think such theme fits the title "Ladies Night". We have to await for a translation though.

I think it's more like Ayu is representing women in general. Women can be pretty charismatic and can eventually manage to get their way somehow to the point of being a dominating person especially recently when there was the femminist movement.

However yes I do agree that she could have taken the concept from Mussolini, Mao or even Stalin - the last two portray the idea of Communism where everyone was the same. I just associated the idea to Hitler because of how the "people" looked like. They were all the same and had blonde features and even the bone structure looked typically German while Italians typically tend to have a more olive coloured skin and dark hair. Also those kind of features were Hitler's dream race of how everyone should be - well built, blonde and well.. look exactly like a German. Also the cloning/scientist concept led me to think of the Nazi idealogy. And the way she portrayed herself - the movement of her hands and the authority she pulled off made think of someone extremely charismatic. But I must say she does look better in terms of looks :P

Somehow yes I must say it pretty much doesn't fit the theme of Ladies Night but I've rarely seen Ayu following the rules anyhow so could be she wanted to make something striking by using different themes from various idealogies. Or maybe she was just being random =P

Nu-NRG 28th December 2005 02:12 AM

i see..
butterfly lady=walking proud
at the end where ayu is laying on bed=Moments(almost the same hair style)
clones=Real me+alterna+ourselves
faceless ayu=?
hitler ayu=CD live 2004-2005
wolf=ANGEL'S SONG

this pv is DISTURBING yet funny to watch haha
...the ending ...SCARY

JimmyKoria 28th December 2005 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norain
They have boobs and they're wearing skimpy skirts...definitely men. :thud

LOL and their butts are hanging out of their shorts. I also kind of noticed Hamasaki's knickers [they're blue]. She's been showing her undergarments more often in videos? Alterna she wore them throughout [I thought it was really cute though, I have friends who wear nighties as regular shirts].

ImpactBreaker 28th December 2005 02:23 AM

Demure_Dusk, now that you mention about everyone "looking alike", the same race, it does indeed make me think a little more of Hitler than any other of the leaders LOL I hope you don't mind me getting heated up on discussions it's just that I find productive for me to question and discuss about other opinions. Anything by ayu can be interpretted in several ways as she even mentioned on her own interpretation for the (miss)understood title, so it's really interesting to see what people have to talk about. A lot of the interpretations in this thread have been very cool to read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
Ack sorry double post x.x someone can delete this post please?

You can delete your own posts. Just hit the edit button and you'll see a delete option.

Raleigh 28th December 2005 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
Demure_Dusk, now that you mention about everyone "looking alike", the same race, it does indeed make me think a little more of Hitler than any other of the leaders LOL I hope you don't mind me getting heated up on discussions it's just that I find productive for me to question and discuss about other opinions. Anything by ayu can be interpretted in several ways as she even mentioned on her own interpretation for the (miss)understood title, so it's really interesting to see what people have to talk about. A lot of the interpretations in these thread have been very cool to read.

Why I don't mind discussing myself :) In fact this is the part I enjoy most when a music video of Ayu comes out - coming here and trying to figure out what she is trying to convey through her music videos. I might be wrong of course but I wanted to explain why I arrived to my conclusions :yes

And yes I've been enjoying the intepretations - especially the Victorian ones came out sounding really interesting and same goes to the maid and also the fact that at the end of the day, women are still vulnerable to men and depend on men to hide their insecurities.

It's always enjoyable to see how much you can discover and how many interpretations, hidden themes and images Ayu can manage to pull out in a simple music video.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
You can delete your own posts. Just hit the edit button and you'll see a delete option.

Ack thanks. Sometimes I really have a short memory x.x

Calico 28th December 2005 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finally got to watch the PV. Ugh...I don't know what to think. It's definitely one of the better PVs of the year, and I rather like her girl power themes. =P However, like in rainy day, I have a hard time seeing some of the things other people see...like in the end, I don't see a man hovering over Ayu, just darkness and some blue. I watched it twice too. x.x

I wish I had an interpretation to offer, but most of the time I can't get my thoughts all together until I see the interpretations of others, and suddenly things start to make sense. However, I will say that I think the abandoned telephone at the end might be 1) after Ayu gets kidnapped/whatever by the guy while she was still on the phone or 2) That sometimes our lives are left "hanging" or abandoned for other pursuits. Personally I like this one more.

EDIT: I took the shot from the end and lightened it so I could see the guy. Wow he's creepy. o.o; I uploaded it so people can see him better...or actually see him, as was my case.

ayurules 28th December 2005 03:28 AM

Thnak god this song have a great PV, it will not like this song if it wasnt for the pv~ starting to like the song more after watching it~

I enjoy ayu's dark pv than those boring one~ haha~

ExodusUK 28th December 2005 03:55 AM

To me, the PV representer Ayu's career. At the start with her pulling the Toy along represents that Ayu has the mind of the child and is looking for something to follow (like the toy is following Ayu). The key she holds is her career and behind each door is different kinda direction & sound. I thought the room with the ladie & the butterflies was actually kinda some geshia and represented a Japanese steorotype meaning of how the west see Japan. The room with the women painting the models black, represented a more urban direction & career like Namie perhaps. The room with the maid whipping away represented a sexy route, using her sexuality to progress further. I'm not sure about what the whole leadership part was, to me it shows Ayu the leader of the Jpop scene and the hardcore Ayu fans in Japan mimicking Ayu's style & look. With them listening to every word she says.
The scene with the faceless Ayu to me represented a Ayu that a man created & controls and the real Ayu didn't recognise and gets squashed by the lift which represents man control over women. As does the end scene which suggests rape. I think the story behind it is that ladies/women have control but they only have so much control unfortunally.

SunshineSlayer 28th December 2005 04:06 AM

Ok, I have no idea wtf that PV was about. lol. But this is one of the reasons I love Ayu, she takes a truly messed up song like Trauma and sets it to extremely poppy music and performs it like it is the happiest song in the world, when in reality it is a very sad song and then she takes a pop song like Ladies Night and gives it one of the most weird/disturbing PVs she can think of. :) I was certain this video was going to be in a club or something - if it had been any other artist, it would have been.

JimmyKoria 28th December 2005 04:45 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...hitlersaki.jpg
I don't think it works the same :[

weix2 28th December 2005 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK
To me, the PV representer Ayu's career. At the start with her pulling the Toy along represents that Ayu has the mind of the child and is looking for something to follow (like the toy is following Ayu). The key she holds is her career and behind each door is different kinda direction & sound. I thought the room with the ladie & the butterflies was actually kinda some geshia and represented a Japanese steorotype meaning of how the west see Japan. The room with the women painting the models black, represented a more urban direction & career like Namie perhaps. The room with the maid whipping away represented a sexy route, using her sexuality to progress further. I'm not sure about what the whole leadership part was, to me it shows Ayu the leader of the Jpop scene and the hardcore Ayu fans in Japan mimicking Ayu's style & look. With them listening to every word she says.
The scene with the faceless Ayu to me represented a Ayu that a man created & controls and the real Ayu didn't recognise and gets squashed by the lift which represents man control over women. As does the end scene which suggests rape. I think the story behind it is that ladies/women have control but they only have so much control unfortunally.

that's a great analysis. something near to what i thought it would be, on the issue of though women are rising to dominate the world [working industry perhaps] but in the end, the men are those that are of more superior [more male presidents than females?]

maybe she being hitler, is trying to say that, she's the one that's leading this jpop world and that the role of leading is taken by females and not males. maybe in her world, she can be what she wants and igore what the whole world outside is all about [which explains those weird stuff throughout the whole pv] there's much more to be said but i shall just rest on this one issue.

SunshineSlayer 28th December 2005 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
I never knew being an "army leader" automatically turns it into a synonym for "Hitler" :rolleyes

Also, everyone is saying that the uniform=Germany, but in actuality, that uniform looks much more Soviet. However, with her very fervant speech giving in that scene, it is reminiscent of Hitler. And Hitler was in fact extremely charismatic. He may not of looked good, but his passion, presence, way of speaking, and movements made him so. The way Ayu is acting in that scene, combined with the morse code and the planes seem like reason enough to assume that Ayu was purposefully acting "Hitleresque" in that scene to portray the idea about uniformity that has been brought up before in this thread.

Also, did anyone notice that in the scene with the maid, the bear, and the person being whipped that the person is lying on a hospital bed with their feet in the stirrups - ie childbirth. I can't figure out if the person is a guy, girl, or even Ayumi herself in the bed.

Also, something else to go along with the possible theories - at the begining, military Ayu is sending a morse code message followed up by blue Ayu picking up a phone. Maybe blue Ayu is receiving some kind of message/command from military Ayu?

BTW, This has been an extremely strong year for Ayu in terms of PV quality - I wouldn't say that any PV this year has been subpar in terms of production quality. I was thinking that Rainy Day and Ladies' Night would end up looking cheaper like the ones from the My Story album tracks (Humming 7/4 ETC.) did, but they ended up being very well made.

gogirlanime 28th December 2005 05:37 AM

totally awesome!! It's her best PV this year! The outfits and ideas are brilliant! I loved the quick movements and Ayu as a general, two thumbs up!

fεяnαndδ 28th December 2005 06:06 AM

After reading these comments, I really don't think I want to watch this one.

truehappiness 28th December 2005 06:07 AM

Then don't xD I'd wonder why though.. :\ lol

SunshineSlayer 28th December 2005 06:24 AM

I think that the reason none of the "soldiers" have ears, is because no matter what she says to them, they will follow no matter what.

qwerty 28th December 2005 07:00 AM

Additional thoughts:

When she looks at her faceless self, she runs into the elevator, only to be caved in. I think what's running through her head when she looks at faceless self is, "This is what I'm going to be if I choose a future." The whole caving in thing probably symbolizes society's look down upon view on Ayu if she doesn't choose a future. She didn't choose one, as shown by running into the elevator. Perhaps she's thinking, "If I choose a future, then this is what's going to happen to me. I'm going to have no personality; society is going to look down upon me; I'm going to be murdered/raped."

:/ This is possibly the most ambiguous and perplexing music video that Ayumi has made. It absolutely tops "Alterna" in creativity. I'm not surprised some U.S. artists haven't been this creative.

ChildOfXX 28th December 2005 07:31 AM

Stop talking about Hitler guys...

It's obvious she's emulating Eva Chacon.

Anyway. Scared the ***** out of me.
Loved it.

Mad_Cactuar 28th December 2005 07:38 AM

I say she made stuff like this since her fans liked Alterna's weirdness. So we have ourselves to blame. xD


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.