Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   15th album partial tracklist info from preorder details (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120074)

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 12:58 AM

A ROCK needs to happen.

These days, I think high digital sales will be the best predictor of what songs make A BEST 3.

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:00 AM

It's kind of a no-brainer IMO. ASFXX's rockish version on A BALLADS ended up great! She'd really have to be into the idea though and have the band at all the recording sessions. No one programming drums or anything, please. I wonder what tracks they'd choose to give a rock edge. (Beautiful Fighters, I am looking at you)

jbrat2219 17th May 2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075480)
It's kind of a no-brainer IMO. ASFXX's rockish version on A BALLADS ended up great! I wonder what tracks they'd choose to give a rock edge. (Beautiful Fighters, I am looking at you)

ASFXX on A BALLADS gives me LIFE!

:banana1

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 01:05 AM

Beautiful Fighters would be great. Didn't she say ANGEL'S SONG was originally supposed to be a rock number? I wonder if there's an alternate arrangement floating around.

Would also be nice to see WHATEVER/kanariya/monochrome in rock form.

marty 17th May 2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075476)
I though Ayu did a pretty good job with A BALLADS in 2003. (and honestly, I think she'd have done new videos for that too, but it was before the era of CD+DVD as a norm) It also comes down to budget and time. I don't know if I'd want Ayu to make new videos for old PVs if she ended up just making them in LA and kind of making people regret that they asked for them.

Ayu singing M with a guitar in front of the HOLLYWOOD sign, lol. (Wait, that'd actually been pretty cool, I messed up)
Ayu did a great job with A BALLADS and A BEST 2! A SUMMER BEST was very good too. She always did good bests (yes, I'm talking about A BEST the infamous first too, lol).

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075482)
Beautiful Fighters would be great. Didn't she say ANGEL'S SONG was originally supposed to be a rock number? I wonder if there's an alternate arrangement floating around.

Would also be nice to see WHATEVER/kanariya/monochrome in rock form.

I think so. It was mentioned in the beatfreak for Memorial address.

Quote:

"ANGEL'S SONG"'s melody really gets at you. The version that came to me from the composer, Yukumi, had more of a rock taste, and more of a sad feeling, but HAL did the arrangement and it really became more of a "UPBEAT HAL!" sort of arrangement... So the song is much closer to what was inside me.
(translated by Delirium-Zer0)

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 01:19 AM

I miss Yukumi... :(

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:29 AM

I wonder if he was part of the great exile of 2010 when a bunch of her team just vanished.

After Yukumi and H/\L left, it pretty much became the CMJK/Yuta show with maybe one or two other composers.

ayu-michan 17th May 2014 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075479)
A ROCK needs to happen.

:luv2 I have to say I enjoy her rock tracks the most, ayu is good at that shiz. Aside from her ballads I mean.

labello 17th May 2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu-michan (Post 3075488)
:luv2 I have to say I enjoy her rock tracks the most, ayu is good at that shiz. Aside from her ballads I mean.

I agree. I first became an Ayu fan because of "is this LOVE?". I loved and still love this song so much. I would be so happy to get a new song with a similar sound, I can't really describe it but compared to "1LOVE" and "microphone" "is this LOVE?" sounds raw and different arrangement and composition wise.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to how this album will sound like. I don't care about which producers she worked with although it'll be interesting for me to see what kind of song they did for ayu compared to other artists they worked with.

Zeke. 17th May 2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by labello (Post 3075489)
I agree. I first became an Ayu fan because of "is this LOVE?". I loved and still love this song so much. I would be so happy to get a new song with a similar sound, I can't really describe it but compared to "1LOVE" and "microphone" "is this LOVE?" sounds raw and different arrangement and composition wise.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to how this album will sound like. I don't care about which producers she worked with although it'll be interesting for me to see what kind of song they did for ayu compared to other artists they worked with.

Yeah is this love is very unique. I love it a lot. It does have a kind of rawness. It's kind of a controlled chaos. And that instrument bridge is her best ever as far as rock. Then when the chorus comes in so subtle and quiet, then escalates into one final POW of a chorus. Sooooo good.

Bigtop 17th May 2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075485)
I miss Yukumi... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075486)
I wonder if he was part of the great exile of 2010 when a bunch of her team just vanished.

After Yukumi and H/\L left, it pretty much became the CMJK/Yuta show with maybe one or two other composers.

Yeah, where's Tetsuya Yukumi? I miss him so much!!!

hayasaki 17th May 2014 01:33 PM

Imagine End of the World! Because of You! Alterna! Is this love? (miss)understood! 1LOVE! Talkin 2 myself! Decision! Microphone etc are in one Disc! OMG... that's an explosive one!

njanjayrp 17th May 2014 01:40 PM

If she were to do an A ROCK album, I'd love to see stuff re-arranged as otherwise the compilation has no value to me.

terra 17th May 2014 01:54 PM

^She could include PoM's M in there! Ooh that would be awesome! and the rock version of ANGEL'S SONG!

xLuna&1LOVE 17th May 2014 04:05 PM

I don't care how weird her song titles are... I am so excited for this album!

hamasaki_edwin 17th May 2014 04:38 PM

The best rock re-mix track by far is Ladies Night~another night~. Period.

Daeklei 17th May 2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamasaki_edwin (Post 3075536)
The best rock re-mix track by far is Ladies Night~another night~. Period.

I find that to be pretty generic rock sounding. There's nothing unique about it unlike Ayu's songs that she makes to be rock songs those are awesome!

Nu-NRG 17th May 2014 10:07 PM

Well..there is the mini ep FIVE..so if ayu wants to play with numbers again
The album could really be NOW & 4EVA or.. 4EVA love...once more and at this point I don't know what to think about the track titles...

XOXO (gossip girls?)
:D

Nu-NRG 17th May 2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3075491)
Yeah is this love is very unique. I love it a lot. It does have a kind of rawness. It's kind of a controlled chaos. And that instrument bridge is her best ever as far as rock. Then when the chorus comes in so subtle and quiet, then escalates into one final POW of a chorus. Sooooo good.

Amen!!! is this LOVE and Because of You are my top two ayu rock sounds..

njanjayrp 17th May 2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daeklei (Post 3075544)
I find that to be pretty generic rock sounding. There's nothing unique about it unlike Ayu's songs that she makes to be rock songs those are awesome!

It somewhat reminded me of the rock version of Fly high tbh.

orbitalaspect 17th May 2014 10:50 PM

The thought just crossed my mind... what if she names the album "MARRIED again"?

Pieces_of_SEVEN 17th May 2014 10:51 PM

what rock version of fly high?

marty 17th May 2014 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3075566)
The thought just crossed my mind... what if she names the album "MARRIED again"?

Magnificent.

TeamAyu2004 18th May 2014 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3075567)
what rock version of fly high?

there is a rock version on her fly high single... cant remember the name right now.

kinix 18th May 2014 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 3075583)
there is a rock version on her fly high single... cant remember the name right now.

Fly high "Saturation Remix" :D

ayu-michan 18th May 2014 05:05 AM

^ Holy crap I didn't know, going to give it a listen right now!

kotora 18th May 2014 05:35 AM

https://twitter.com/tkwyoung/status/467885906188582912

Just tweet about A ROCK best album and hope she will reply.

axmish87 18th May 2014 11:27 AM

^ A ROCK two CD set or the point is lost
Is it wrong to count Green as a rock title

terra 18th May 2014 01:13 PM

^GREEN is far from being a rock song imo lol
While I made my own A ROCK playlist, I became confused of Ayu's song appropriate to be called rock songs. evolution, UNITE!. is this LOVE?, Because of You, Rule and such are rock songs but what about things like kiss o' kill, Return Road, fated, Life, Letter and others which have that rock feeling in it but not as rock as those previous songs? :laugh

spanishfan 18th May 2014 02:20 PM

Masashi Muto directed one of the PV's??

https://twitter.com/MasashiMuto/stat...01589666897921

"Ayuchan, thank you very much for today, I enjoyed a lot! Good luck with live tomorrow(???) Muto"

axmish87 18th May 2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra (Post 3075617)
While I made my own A ROCK playlist, I became confused of Ayu's song appropriate to be called rock songs. evolution, UNITE!. is this LOVE?, Because of You, Rule and such are rock songs but what about things like kiss o' kill, Return Road, fated, Life, Letter and others which have that rock feeling in it but not as rock as those previous songs? :laugh

See that's my point
You can't count those songs like ballads exactly but they are not "rock" either
For as long as Ayu delays the A ROCK best of album I still use that A BEST2 black + i add a load of other rock tracks and of course GREEN
It fits really :yes

SpiceSquad! 18th May 2014 03:27 PM

we all want rock ayu, but the world want it.. i don't think so.

tokyoxjapanxfan 18th May 2014 03:36 PM

It's possible he directed a video for a song, or even an interlude movie for the tour. Either way his twists are usually good. Granted the videos don't tend to be very exciting... To me at least. He's the Don't look back, sweet season guy right?

jiarongisme 18th May 2014 03:47 PM

Don't look back and Sweet Season were directed by different people :laugh

Masashi Muto directed all the Party Queen PVs, and also PVs like Sexy little things and Microphone. PVs that are directed by him are mostly pretty awesome. :yes

-EDIT-

From the 'Directors and their works with Ayu (PVs, CMs, etc.)' thread:
Spoiler:
Depend on you
is this LOVE?
Ladies Night
You were...
Sexy little things
Microphone
crossroad
Virgin Road
Love song
Last angel
do it again
progress
ANother song
Why...
Shake It♥
NaNaNa
Return Road
how beautiful you are
You & Me
Song 4 u
Missing
Wake me up
snowy kiss
Melody

Kuronekomi 18th May 2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiceSquad! (Post 3075623)
we all want rock ayu, but the world want it.. i don't think so.

Rock Ayu is the Ayu I prefer :love

Coelacanth 18th May 2014 03:57 PM

That tweet is from 2013, lol.

holy_arrow 18th May 2014 04:12 PM

I love "Wataru Takeishi"'s style better ...
Jewel, sweet scar, fairyland,... all of them are pretty good

Zeke. 18th May 2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra (Post 3075617)

Lmao if you're gonna count UNITE! as rock then kiss o kill totally counts.

tokyoxjapanxfan 18th May 2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiarongisme (Post 3075629)
Don't look back and Sweet Season were directed by different people :laugh

Masashi Muto directed all the Party Queen PVs, and also PVs like Sexy little things and Microphone. PVs that are directed by him are mostly pretty awesome. :yes

-EDIT-

From the 'Directors and their works with Ayu (PVs, CMs, etc.)' thread:
Spoiler:
Depend on you
is this LOVE?
Ladies Night
You were...
Sexy little things
Microphone
crossroad
Virgin Road
Love song
Last angel
do it again
progress
ANother song
Why...
Shake It♥
NaNaNa
Return Road
how beautiful you are
You & Me
Song 4 u
Missing
Wake me up
snowy kiss
Melody

Ahahaha
Woops :-p

And oh. 2013.

terra 18th May 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3075634)
Lmao if you're gonna count UNITE! as rock then kiss o kill totally counts.

Okay UNITE! is more poppish-dancey then? lol I don't even know what Im talking about since JPop kinda mixed everything

Tomoyo 18th May 2014 06:39 PM

honestly i can't wait.

mizuki-7 18th May 2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terra (Post 3075637)
Okay UNITE! is more poppish-dancey then? lol I don't even know what Im talking about since JPop kinda mixed everything

It's not wrong to count UNITE ! as a rock song imo the structure is poppish but you can't deny that the arrangements are rock influenced ... just like Evolution !

Zeke. 18th May 2014 07:24 PM

My point was that kiss o kill is way more rock so if you're doubting kiss o kill's validity then it's certain that unites would be doubted before kiss o kills. Lol.

mizuki-7 18th May 2014 07:42 PM

^
Ahhh Yes excuse me I didn't read correctly lol I agree with you ^^

marty 18th May 2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holy_arrow (Post 3075632)
I love "Wataru Takeishi"'s style better ...
Jewel, sweet scar, fairyland,... all of them are pretty good

Same for me.
I'm really excited about the new PVs for Feel the love and Merry-go-round! Can't wait to see if they can improve Feel the love, it'd be one of the greatest gift from Ayu ever.

Isicio 18th May 2014 10:39 PM

Covers pleaseeee!!! I'm desesperate xD

November4 18th May 2014 10:54 PM

I've really grown to love "Feel the love" and "Merry-go-round"! I just wish her shows would become normal again and less freak-show.

visionfactory 18th May 2014 11:46 PM

Stop with the A ROCK thing, I want A WINTER BEST first

marty 18th May 2014 11:52 PM

^
Nooooo, don't ask for it!!
Avex is gonna release a stupid I-Tunes Winter playlist and then never return on the matter again, if they hear you.

BlackSilence 18th May 2014 11:54 PM

^LOL
A WINTER BEST

and i have a cover for a rock best as well xD

maneayu 19th May 2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3075669)

Wow! Kudos to that! They are gorgeous!
They look so pro.
You should send this to ayu!

adantatu2 19th May 2014 01:16 AM

Oh artcika they are gorgeous <3

A ROCK, A WINTER ?? I prefer a compilation for her anime and videogames songs

ayu-michan 19th May 2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

artcika only you can pull this off :luv2

kotora 19th May 2014 03:24 AM

I think Japanese market is more for dancing than rock songs.

Look at talkin' 2 myself / decision sales..

It is a rock single.

ayuinh.k? 19th May 2014 03:54 AM

i wonder what the title of the album will be..itano tomomi's debut album that is being released the same day as ayu is called S×W×A×G :no

hayasaki 19th May 2014 04:08 AM

Maybe Ayu's gonna name it XOXO.

adantatu2 19th May 2014 04:21 AM

I would like a title like "LOVE YA B!TCHES".

Pieces_of_SEVEN 19th May 2014 04:33 AM

screw all of that, ayu trance 5 lol

LONJJONG 19th May 2014 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? (Post 3075691)
i wonder what the title of the album will be..itano tomomi's debut album that is being released the same day as ayu is called S×W×A×G :no

Then Ayu's should be YOLO.

KLJames 19th May 2014 05:07 AM

rock ballad no no no, Microphone 2.0 plz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 3075698)

lol, hopefully her new album won't sound like a remix album, and, ayu-ro 5 plz come 1st :D

DogboyShugo 19th May 2014 05:09 AM

With all these producers, it sounds like a promising album!

happiholic★ 19th May 2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? (Post 3075691)

Then Ayu's album needs to be S×W×A×G×G×I×E×R :laugh

axmish87 19th May 2014 06:48 AM

Scuse me for being off topic but that Itano girl has no swag whatsoever

ayu-michan 19th May 2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axmish87 (Post 3075715)
Scuse me for being off topic but that Itano girl has no swag whatsoever

She's cute but I agree

Daeklei 19th May 2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

YES!! Ayu and trance are the best thing ever! Such unique sounds! Or at least the way they organize them for her.

Ashen Twilight 19th May 2014 07:07 AM

Is anyone else not looking forward to RedOne being a producer? His works have been pretty below par as of late. Idk how Lady Gaga managed to make the songs he produced decent, but other than those and that one J-Lo song, they have been pretty blahful (that's blah and awful btw).

njanjayrp 19th May 2014 07:54 AM

TBH I'd like an album composed by TK and CREAT, arranged by Yuta Nakano, with at least one Ferry Corsten track. Don't care about any of these producers and only really looking forward to Armin's track and the rock track she mentioned.

sitara 19th May 2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

YES!!!!

Akutenshi 19th May 2014 08:14 AM

Nooooo thank you, Yuta has lost his flare and TK has already been on multiple albums. I'm glad something fresh is finally happening.

truehappiness 19th May 2014 09:05 AM

DAISHI DANCE is a pretty amazing collaborator, I think. His HEAVEN remix was one of the standouts on ayu-mi-x 6. Other than Armin, the others are sort of up in the air for me. I wonder if the tracks are going to be more of a marriage between Ayu + their styles and not just some old demos that Ayu so happened to get.

kendelle 19th May 2014 09:20 AM

A big fat yes to the album being called Y※O※L※O if Itano's album is SxWxAxG

primavera♥ 19th May 2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendelle (Post 3075733)
A big fat yes to the album being called Y※O※L※O if Itano's album is SxWxAxG

As much as I love hip hop culture, ayu can stay tf away from that lol.

Unless she actually went pretty hard and pulled it off. Which I highly doubt.

I can't believe Itano named her album that...

Trinu 19th May 2014 10:42 AM

Watch her calling it Ayu/Ayumi/Ayumi Hamasaki. It seems to be a trend everywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was as original lol

mi|kshake 19th May 2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Stop with the A ROCK thing, I want A WINTER BEST first
Hell yes, I'm up for both! Especially if they're done as well as A Ballads (and Namie's Love Enhanced!)

yamadashun 19th May 2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

i will buy both just because of the covers. esp A ROCK!

anyway with those US producers, i hope the new album won't turn out to be a EDM-style album. and no to rap song too.

axmish87 19th May 2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3075721)
TBH I'd like an album composed by TK and CREAT, arranged by Yuta Nakano, with at least one Ferry Corsten track. Don't care about any of these producers and only really looking forward to Armin's track and the rock track she mentioned.

I am 2.0 :D

Well , Armin can do a decent job and i am having high hopes for that DAISHI DANCE song ( HEAVEN remix from Ayumix 6 i guess was good:yes )

krtman2002 19th May 2014 02:57 PM

Don't have so high spectations about the album's name, I'm quite sure it's going to be "Feel the Love"

And I'll hate Ayu for that... T_T

Another title might be "Hello new me"

channy 19th May 2014 03:34 PM

Still holding back my expectations as I reckon that we'll end up with dubstep madness eventually. It's likely to be the case, indeed...

Ashen Twilight 19th May 2014 05:10 PM

@channy Shake it had dubstep and it wasn't too prevalent, but it wasn't that great if a song to begin with either.

I'm excited about DAISHI DANCE and Armin too. But, like Njan, I would be perfectly happy if TK came back Crea decided to make a reappearance. Love songs is one I my favorite albums and I love groups like globe and TRF and TK's works with Namie Amuro and Tomomi Kalhala. But it would be really fitting for Ayu's "new direction" if she were to be Crea again. I am... was a major transition and new ideas, and I feel like this album will be too. I'd like to see it come full circle.

KLJames 19th May 2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashen Twilight (Post 3075719)
Is anyone else not looking forward to RedOne being a producer? His works have been pretty below par as of late. Idk how Lady Gaga managed to make the songs he produced decent, but other than those and that one J-Lo song, they have been pretty blahful (that's blah and awful btw).

On The Floor, Dance Again, Live It Up, Papi, and songs from album "LOVE?": Invading My Mind, Hypnotico, Charge Me Up; minus Pitbull stupid rap, basically all the songs he produce for JLo are insanely good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinu (Post 3075741)
Watch her calling it Ayu/Ayumi/Ayumi Hamasaki. It seems to be a trend everywhere, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was as original lol

after "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Avril Lavigne" by Avril Lavigne, "BEYONCÉ" by Beyoncé, "Shakira." by Shakira ...... too many for trend, so plz NO, but the playful idea like "MDNA" by Madonna is good.

and plz, no acronym for album title plzzz, i still can't stand "A.K.A." by JLo

i prefer she use back her A logo for album title like R[A]INBOW ...

Zeke. 19th May 2014 06:32 PM

Diaishi Dance was never my style. Didn't they work with Mika Nakashima too? And that song sucked. Maybe because of her horrid vocals.

Armins track I hope is great. I fantasizes years ago what it would be like of he produced a track for her but never even imagined it as a real possibility. But, his original works lately haven't been up to par with some of his better material.

RedOne I think has potential to be the most "fun" track. He worked on Nicole Scherzingers album and I loved all the tracks he produced, even if the album was a flop.

Rodney Jerkins I am writing off as a dud track. Looking at the shit he's produced on wiki, like Nelly Furtados "Big Hoops" and some other trash material, his track as the most potential to be my worst nightmare when it comes to the direction he may take ayu in.

kotora 19th May 2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONJJONG (Post 3075700)
Then Ayu's should be YOLO.

Just called this album BAE

labello 19th May 2014 07:31 PM

I'm not too sure but I think Daishi Dance worked on Big Bang's "Haru Haru" and that is one of my all time favorite tracks from them. And also on "heaven" I think, both songs are really great in my opinion.
I personally think a composer can work on great and bad songs, a old good or bad song doesn't say much about the material they'll give a different artist so I'm basically just waiting for the songs to be released.

Delicious n Bold 19th May 2014 07:41 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody know where in Japan can I go to buy this album?
I just checked online with the Tsutaya near the place I'm staying and they don't sell CDs. Now that I think about it, I never really wondered about where CDs could be bought in Japan...

primavera♥ 19th May 2014 08:50 PM

Daishi Dance should be interesting. Worked with MUCC for this one single I think and I liked it. So I'd be interested to see what happens with Ayu

channy 19th May 2014 09:46 PM

I find it somewhat intriguing to see how many fans praise DAISHI DANCE for their remix of "HEAVEN" when it is actually Chieko Kinbara that made this remix stand out. Just my personal opinion, though.

kotora 19th May 2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLJames (Post 3075779)
On The Floor, Dance Again, Live It Up, Papi, and songs from album "LOVE?": Invading My Mind, Hypnotico, Charge Me Up; minus Pitbull stupid rap, basically all the songs he produce for JLo are insanely good!

after "Britney Jean" by Britney Spears, "Avril Lavigne" by Avril Lavigne, "BEYONCÉ" by Beyoncé, "Shakira." by Shakira ...... too many for trend, so plz NO, but the playful idea like "MDNA" by Madonna is good.

and plz, no acronym for album title plzzz, i still can't stand "A.K.A." by JLo

i prefer she use back her A logo for album title like R[A]INBOW ...

A.Y.U.

Delirium-Zer0 19th May 2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3075792)
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody know where in Japan can I go to buy this album?
I just checked online with the Tsutaya near the place I'm staying and they don't sell CDs. Now that I think about it, I never really wondered about where CDs could be bought in Japan...

HMV or Tower Records.

Quote:

Originally Posted by channy (Post 3075805)
I find it somewhat intriguing to see how many fans praise DAISHI DANCE for their remix of "HEAVEN" when it is actually Chieko Kinbara that made this remix stand out. Just my personal opinion, though.

Not for me. Chieko Kinbara's violin was icing on the cake, yeah, but the remix stands on its own merits.

Then again, I like DAISHI DANCE stuff in general, always have. It's a good fusion of pretty, soft sounds & house beats. He has a distinctive style.

Too many remixers go for dissonance (or sound like they're remixing a different song entirely... or they just suck). Melody & harmony don't really seem to be a part of the planning process for a lot of remixers, and the result to me is just this dull droning cacophonic mess that to me has no merit at all. So I'll enjoy ANY producer with a good sense of melody & harmony, even if their stuff is thinly arranged or not my taste. Make your style distinct from anyone else's, especially in a simple way, and you DEFINITELY have my favor. DAISHI DANCE has always accomplished all of the above IMHO.

KPL 19th May 2014 10:21 PM

Maybe the album will follow the NEXT LEVEL structure, flowing from a soft but up-lifting start to intense EDM tracks, and ending with a ballad.

01. hello new me
02. Armin / RedOne/ DAISHI DANCE / etc...
10. Pray

Some interludes will be great actually.

NintendoHTF1242 20th May 2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3075780)
Diaishi Dance was never my style. Didn't they work with Mika Nakashima too? And that song sucked. Maybe because of her horrid vocals.

You're a monster.

microphone 20th May 2014 02:45 AM

I had to log in and say lul @ NOW & 4EVA

Terminal... eh, could be interesting.

brener 20th May 2014 02:49 AM

I just hope for covers better than these titles..

Ashen Twilight 20th May 2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLJames (Post 3075779)

Yeah those were nice too. As were some if the songs in Nichole Scherzinger's album. I guess I can't see Ayu singing any if those songs haha. Now if RedOne were to do something like what he did for Mylene Farmer's Lonely Lisa, I think that would work.

Trinu 20th May 2014 09:11 AM

It would feel very "final" if she used her name as the title lol

I kinda expect something silly ala "We can dance all night" or something.

KarenPang 20th May 2014 12:08 PM

End of the day , I hope her new album will be better as LOVE again is my least fave album from her (so far)

On that note , her new album wouldn't get #1 on the 1st week of release . I will be surprised if it were to happen

pepper 20th May 2014 12:23 PM

i would like "AYU" as the album title actually. "AH" would be cool too.
she had "A" single, so why not?

tbh I will be pleased with anything that don't include word LOVE.

owlflight 20th May 2014 01:25 PM

I wouldn't mind "Ayu" as an album title but I don't think it should be for this one. I keep getting a fierce, upbeat feeling from the details we do know.

terra 20th May 2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 3075925)
i would like "AYU" as the album title actually. "AH" would be cool too.
she had "A" single, so why not?

tbh I will be pleased with anything that don't include word LOVE.

I can imagine the CM dub guy says,
"ayumi hamasaki....Ah~~~ in stores now" :laugh

And yes, please no more LOVE titles :\

Earth_maiden 20th May 2014 01:58 PM

I think we'll all be surprised in the end, knowing Ayu.