Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2021-2022 A ~23rd Monster~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125446)

Lyssayu 2nd January 2022 10:53 PM

What a great CDL she delivered!! Voice was controlled, costumes were beautiful, and that setlist reaaally served!!
Got emotional when Secret started, and of course during HBYR... So nice to hear LOVE ~ destiny ~ and JEWEL as well!
It's been a while since I've truly enjoyed a CDL, so well done Ayu! Hope she gets some rest now and heal that ankle properly before the rest of the Tour kicks off..

mi|kshake 3rd January 2022 03:04 PM

What a great CDL! At the start I was getting Power of A3 vibes (just with some songs I feel have been performed recently like Startin') which isn't a bad thing but the Rainbow, Haru yo Koi and Theme of A Nation 03 really elevated the whole concert! It was nice to hear Powder Snow again although I would like to see Depend On You done in a non-cutesy way at some point. The cute section was the only part I could have done without as I feel I've seen it enough times before.

I used to not really be a fan of taiko drums when she had used them in the past but they sounded amazing 23rd Monster - added a lot of bass!

I'm not a fan of HBYA but this was by far the best performance for me - it was touching.

Looking forward to buying the blu-ray!

Katsuyuki012 3rd January 2022 05:29 PM

I'm generally a big fan of the cutesy sections! :love
Beautiful Fighters from CDL12-13 has always been a favourite of mine, so I was happy to see her bring it back. Sure, Ayu made some mistakes but it was super fun.
One of my favourite things, however, is how they made so much use of the stage during that section. I'm always glad to see Ayu use the catwalk a lot. :)

Evan Odinson 4th January 2022 02:07 AM

I usually don't like her cute sections and this was not an exception lol but she looked really happy so I'll let it slide this time.

SKYia 4th January 2022 03:46 PM

I wouldn't mind cute sections if she didn't do that chipmunk voice. I missed Depend on you so much that it's first time in 10+ years that I actually didn't skip it (I think the only one I liked was AT2006 and Just the beginning 3 but it was more on the sexy side). When ballad section came after that I was horrified she will keep the overcute voice but that was a nice surprise, the ballads part was really good.

Aderianu 4th January 2022 06:59 PM

I'm so disappointed with the setlist that still can't force myself to watch this live

visionfactory 4th January 2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover (Post 3347226)
Another interesting thought that I have not about this particular show but something I was thinking about when waiting for it to start so I wonder what are your opinions on this topic.
When going to Yoyogi, near the entrance there were these creepy guys selling pictures from her current tour for 1000 yen a piece. There were also creepy ojisans asking "who doesn't have ticket?". Obviously they were selling tickets to the show, I remember almost buying ticket from a guy like this in 2014.
Now, when I think more about this - reselling tickets like this is really frowned upon in Japan and in the past 3-4 years there has been a major crackdown on resellers(shutting down reselling sites, etc). Taking pictures is not allowed during the show and audience are encouraged to tell staff when they see somebody taking pics or recording the show - I heard the announcement in Yoyogi before the show several times.
I don't have experience going to other female singers or idol bands, but I have been to many rock shows in Japan of several artists and I have never seen this kind of ticket resellers or photos sold outside. Maximum one can usually hope right before the show is to find somebody who have one extra ticket because their friend cancelled last minute and so they can sell it for the original price to somebody who wants to go with them.

This all made me think that people reselling concert tickets, taking pictures during the tour and selling them outside the venue might be related to (or actually even be) avex staff. If it is an insider job then it seems more plausible that all of this is tolerated and avex does nothing, while for other artists other labels are very strict and this is surely unheard of.

But there is a massive market for idols on these paparazzi concert photos. I don't know how is it possible to them to take photos and that many without being noticed.

se7entheaven 5th January 2022 02:27 AM

She sounded bad but the arrangement with taiko drums were amazing. I always love when she infused Japanese sounds into her songs. But she still sounds bad.

Taishaku 5th January 2022 05:40 AM

That moment when everyone from the "how beautiful you are" music video appeared on stage... My mouth just dropped and then started crying. I just know Kou and TenTen were smiling from above... And that message at the end of the song! I saw it on Twitter, but I wasn't prepared for the rest of it... I'm so proud, she did amazing.

njanjayrp 6th January 2022 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3347302)
I'm so disappointed with the setlist that still can't force myself to watch this live

What’s wrong with the setlist? It was a really good show you are missing out!!

KLJames 6th January 2022 04:42 AM

watched this ver, the quality not bad:
>> https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1JZ4y1Q7yo/

i love the show, but seriously, i skip the whole cute sections, she now a mature woman and she need to stop perform like that anymore, i hope she handle those song in more mature way.

njanjayrp 6th January 2022 05:14 AM

The “cute” section is only 2 songs long. As Max said she still needs to maintain an image her fans want to see. I think this time around the cute section was very well done, nothing extreme about it. It was also super short…

Cahz- 6th January 2022 08:57 AM

I use to skip the cute section, but this year's one was specially unbearable for me. I hate Beautiful fighters.
Either way, this Countdown turned out better than expected, HBYA was definitely the highlight of the night. Also I noticed a lot of old school vibrato on different songs, which I loved.:luv2

Zeke. 6th January 2022 12:32 PM

I used to like her cute sections but they seem to get more cringe throughout the years. The acting and expressions just feel off lol.

axmish87 6th January 2022 12:41 PM

I was overall very pleased with the countdown live.
Cute section thankfully was very short this time around , and songs such as Secret , HBYA , and theme of A-nation (song I tend to overlook and disregard) were noteworthy and of course Haru yo , koi which was stellar. She did deliver it , and if she can maintain this level of singing that would be great.

maxikot 6th January 2022 02:04 PM

The countdown was spectacular and I enjoyed it a lot. So many highlights for me in this show. The opening, secret, Haru yo, HBYA and great interludes. I'm happy to see ayu singing comfortably and in control most of the time. I hope she keeps cute sections in the future. Maybe not in every concert but once in a while I'll be happy to enjoy them, they really make me smile :D

Cahz- 6th January 2022 02:58 PM

Now if she performs Beautiful day on some future cute section that would be cool.

gustavismo 6th January 2022 07:36 PM

I don't mind the cute section at all but I do wish she could pick different songs at this point :( I know her amount of cute songs is quite limited, so it would be amazing if she could rearrange some "obscure" ones like girlish, fairyland, Party queen and so on...

mi|kshake 6th January 2022 08:26 PM

OMG yes Beautiful Day is a great pick for the cute section!

thinkingoutloud89 7th January 2022 12:31 PM

Watched it. Show was cool - except for her vocals. Always here to defend her and its not like "omg she needs to stop" - I rather feel bad for her. It was all over the place. The cute voice and the over pronunciation made it even worse. I dunno. i rather listen to the setlist. Appreciate the effort tho.