Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [II] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123966)

thinkingoutloud89 7th April 2018 02:27 PM

I don't get the obsession for ever free...overall, I think the setlist looks pretty short

KittyKathy 7th April 2018 02:38 PM

I'm disappointed with the setlist, but I'm still happy that I finally saw her live.

Zeke. 7th April 2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKathy (Post 3268813)
I'm disappointed with the setlist, but I'm still happy that I finally saw her live.

What songs were you hoping to hear her sing? I’m just curious. For me, I preference both Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of Just the beginning but this was still fun.

Mirrorcle Monster 7th April 2018 02:43 PM

What about the outfits?

adrtwb 7th April 2018 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster (Post 3268817)
What about the outfits?

If I remember correctly...

First - something very similar to POM2011’s beloved’s dress (can’t tell if its recyled or maybe just some amendments on the dress)
Second - Recyled from AT15’s ASFXX
Third - White big dress seems to be new
Forth - Recyled from POM2011’s BRILANTTE
Fifth - Black & Silver all sparkled material short dress - NEW

ayumisrael 7th April 2018 02:51 PM

I'm glad she sang A Song for xx, BRILLANTE and of course, ever free! Finally!
I agree that Diary is unnecessary, especially when it's your 20th anniversary.
It's not time to be nice to siblings :P J/k
but yeah, it's a space that another hit from the past should have taken, even though ayu wrote it.

ayu sang SEASONS and SURREAL on CDTV live. She was really good in SEASONS!
You could actually see how much she wanted to sing it well.

njanjayrp 7th April 2018 02:57 PM

The concert felt short, recycled and honestly not too much fun. There were some nice surprises like ever free, NEXT LEVEL and the fact that SURREAL was sang in full. Besides BRILLIANTE none of the other song had actual performances. Timmy had fake abs and sang a few lines of evolution before BRILLIANTE in english and it was so bad. His costume also looked like it was about to explode...Chapter 1 was super simple last year, but it was so much fun. Her vocals were OK, not the best I’ve heard, but good most of the time. She sounded really well in hbya and Mad World. She totally forgot about independent and AUDIENCE, which i thought would at least be back for the anniversary. No double encore either, A song is born was a nice finish.

Oh and the increase in breaks for costume changes was so painful especially Diary. My husband caught a ball and we were in A3 so awesome seats!

KittyKathy 7th April 2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3268815)
What songs were you hoping to hear her sing? I’m just curious. For me, I preference both Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 of Just the beginning but this was still fun.

These are some of the songs I would like to hear her sing, but I can't say that I was hoping that she would.

End roll
Together When...
End of the World
still alone
Dearest
HAPPY ENDING
Sparkle
Dolls
BALLAD
criminal
Pray
Two of us
SCAR
Naturally
Return Road

Chibi-Chan 7th April 2018 03:06 PM

I liked the first four songs and thought this was a nice beginning for a concert. But then nothing happened and when I realised during Bold & Delicious that this was it, I was a little disappointed. It was nice to have seen her finally live, but sadly it was just a second PoM but with less PoM.
Judging from her latest fb post, she herself didn't like the show that much. Maybe things will change later on.

CeReSu 7th April 2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKathy (Post 3268826)
These are some of the songs I would like to hear her sing, but I can't say that I was hoping that she would.

End roll
Together When...
End of the World
still alone
Dearest
HAPPY ENDING
Sparkle
Dolls
BALLAD
criminal
Pray
Two of us
SCAR
Naturally
Return Road

This setlist would be much much much much better than the actual one!

And the report from njanjayrp doesn't reassure me either

Chibi-Chan 7th April 2018 03:10 PM

But on a positive note: I liked that she focused more on the music this time again and not so much on a grand show.

~angel*ayumi~ 7th April 2018 03:12 PM

I think the Setlist was amazing. I rly enjoyed it. But I am used to it that ppl complaint in every concerts's setlist

Katsuyuki012 7th April 2018 03:13 PM

^where's the lie though xD

RealLight 7th April 2018 03:13 PM

Besides the nice surprise of having NEXT LEVEL and the fact she freaking actually sang ever free this time (!)(I really hope someone record it the next dates), the setlist is pretty meh, I was expecting so much more, it's disappointing.

xLuna&1LOVE 7th April 2018 03:20 PM

Like Chibi-Chan said, I also interpreted her last fb post as if she wasn't really satisfied with the preparations for this show, so I assume a lot of things will change.

I also find it a bit disappointing that she recycles the outfits so much. It would have been interesting that BRILLANTE from PoM 2011, would have been different than from PoM 2018. Maybe she really lacked time and I don't blame her after the damn long JTB Tour. I hope we see some interesting changes. The fact she actually sung 'ever free' just shows that we haven't seen it all from her.
Go Ayu!

attractive nausea 7th April 2018 03:32 PM

This is so sad lol

She ended a 60 dates tour, had to come up with three different chapters and now we get this uninspired, bad setlist, recycled costumes thing for her anniversary??? She should have done Pom last year and Jtb this year smh, why bother touring like crazy if she cant come up with a good show, even she didnt feel like the whole thing was ready according to her post yesterday

This is unlike me to be harsh regarding ayu, but im truly disappointed.
During jtb she was quoting a lot of her past songs in her instagram posts, (identity, will, like a doll).. I thought she would sing those, that it meant something, that she was getting inspiration but nope. She even teased the tour with videos full of rockish feelings and emotion, where are those? The only rockish song here is Mad World, and i dont care for it since ive seen it live already.

hidekirby 7th April 2018 03:34 PM

This tour get me so excited !!

What about the orchestra ???
Is it as present as in POM? Please say YES !!

I love seeing BRILLANTE in the setlist... What an incredible song really...
ever free is an awesome surprise also !!! Can't wait to hear it. It was about time.

I'm sure the costume will drastically change by the end of the tour. : )
I hope she will focus on her vocals from now on...

Gorgonia 7th April 2018 03:39 PM

All I read are complaints about cosmetic stuff. I couldn’t care less about the outfits. The song choice could be better? Yes... but do you go to her shows for her music or for her dresses?

xLuna&1LOVE 7th April 2018 03:41 PM

^ both?

Zeke. 7th April 2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3268824)
The concert felt short, recycled and honestly not too much fun. There were some nice surprises like ever free, NEXT LEVEL and the fact that SURREAL was sang in full. Besides BRILLIANTE none of the other song had actual performances. Timmy had fake abs and sang a few lines of evolution before BRILLIANTE in english and it was so bad. His costume also looked like it was about to explode...Chapter 1 was super simple last year, but it was so much fun. Her vocals were OK, not the best I’ve heard, but good most of the time. She sounded really well in hbya and Mad World. She totally forgot about independent and AUDIENCE, which i thought would at least be back for the anniversary. No double encore either, A song is born was a nice finish.

Oh and the increase in breaks for costume changes was so painful especially Diary. My husband caught a ball and we were in A3 so awesome seats!

Lol I kept thinking to myself “does he seriously have FAKE abs???” Lol.