Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125452)

sxesven 4th August 2022 04:57 PM

THANK! YOU! SO! MUCH! :love

fake_foxtail 7th August 2022 07:26 PM

Haven't posted here in years. Just wanted to share something I recently noticed. The song Far away was released on ayu-mi-x 2 version non-stop in march of 2000 as the HAL remix, but the Far away single was released in May of 2000, which means the single was released two months after the song appearing on the remix album. I'm not sure if I can rely on the release dates, but I thought that was kind of interesting.

sxesven 7th August 2022 09:59 PM

Huh, damn, that definitely is interesting! I wonder if anyone noticed this sneak peek at the time?

Also, good to have you around! :)

fake_foxtail 7th August 2022 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sxesven (Post 3352507)
Huh, damn, that definitely is interesting! I wonder if anyone noticed this sneak peek at the time?

Also, good to have you around! :)

Thanks! I also noticed it only uses one line from the actual song, meanwhile the same remix on the Far away single uses the full song.

sxesven 7th August 2022 10:57 PM

Well damn, those are some cool finds!

kotora 8th August 2022 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3352309)
Why doesn’t Ayu’s team take advantage of YouTube shorts and stuff???

Dragon Ash has been uploading little clips of their past singles these past few months.
https://youtube.com/shorts/sxrDFg7BgPw?feature=share

It’s such a simple thing to do, and considering she has so many releases after her peak, I feel like it would at least help bring attention to those songs…

Same thing I don't understand why ayu stops using her TikTok account.
Her IG reels are very strong.
But her Youtube Shorts / Tiktok are like in graveyard

voltron 8th August 2022 12:32 PM

^ I believe she and her troupe stopped using TikTok during one of the data security scares - it was pretty shortly after she started using it full-in. I seem to recall the same for other AVEX artists, as well - but could be mistaken.

kotora 8th August 2022 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3352529)
^ I believe she and her troupe stopped using TikTok during one of the data security scares - it was pretty shortly after she started using it full-in. I seem to recall the same for other AVEX artists, as well - but could be mistaken.

If they know how to use Tiktok well, their business will go up rapidly. Lots of old songs are resurfaced on Tiktok and got on Spotify top hits again.

Avex is killing their business. They can't blame other people.

summerain 8th August 2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3352353)
it seems like I've never actually listened MADE IN JAPAN album or listened to it only once.

'tasky' sounds so much like Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry' :O

I don't think it's a coincidence. tasuku is known for sampling some songs in his works (I remember Ayu's taskebab from Party Queen with sounds of some well-known Daft Punk song). Even his latest work for her, "Summer Again" (he did the arrangement), has the same sample used in Beyoncé's BREAK MY SOUL (a remix of an Robin S song) - but in this case it's just him following the house trend.

fake_foxtail 11th August 2022 09:47 AM

I just noticed the NEXT LEVEL usb is kind of shaped like the tattoo on her shoulder. Only took me 13 years :D

sxesven 11th August 2022 10:18 AM

Me too I guess, haha :laugh

LOONAppears 12th August 2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3352353)
it seems like I've never actually listened MADE IN JAPAN album or listened to it only once.

'tasky' sounds so much like Bjork's 'Pagan Poetry' :O

glad to know i’m not the only one who thinks this!

//ABEST 12th August 2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fake_foxtail (Post 3352601)
I just noticed the NEXT LEVEL usb is kind of shaped like the tattoo on her shoulder. Only took me 13 years :D

It's also ASIA TOUR 2008's official logo since it was her 10th anniversary. NEXT LEVEL is her 10th studio album so I guess they decided to recycle it :yes I love that logo tho so I don't mind

sxesven 12th August 2022 12:51 PM

Me too! :D

ayu_fantasy 12th August 2022 07:41 PM

Ayu could make herself famous again, just by some past songs of hers going viral…. I think avex is living in 2001, thinking their artistes (like ayu) can still be popular without much social media exposure..

ayu_fantasy 12th August 2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3352533)
If they know how to use Tiktok well, their business will go up rapidly. Lots of old songs are resurfaced on Tiktok and got on Spotify top hits again.

Avex is killing their business. They can't blame other people.

I can’t believe avex have such a mindset

summerain 12th August 2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy (Post 3352624)
Ayu could make herself famous again, just by some past songs of hers going viral…. I think avex is living in 2001, thinking their artistes (like ayu) can still be popular without much social media exposure..

I think avex is kinda old fashioned (to be kind...), but I bet this move is an Ayu decision. I mean, avoiding so much exposure, doing things on her own pace. I don't think she wants to be a superstar with her face shoved everywhere once again.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 14th August 2022 11:33 AM

Does anyone know if Global TA gets better seats at concerts than regular TA? I’ve gotten global TA tickets twice and they were in okay places, so want to know which is more worth joining now ahead of the 25th anniversary next year!!

kendelle 14th August 2022 01:08 PM

Since you won't know the TA tickets until the day of pickup, it's a gamble to know if they'll be close or not for her 25th anni concert. Foreigners never seem to be visible in the DVDs though so I'd imagine you'll be further back if they're filming it. I've been to non-filmed concerts and they sat us in rows 7-15ish iirc so fantastic visibility and funny to watch the cameras deliberately avoid us when they panned the audience.......... :tired

idk if you'd call them scalpers but the........'money-minded fans' (lol) will likely be there so you could potentially upgrade your seating on the day but you'll be paying more money for the privilege (probably trade your ticket and 15,000JPY+ for closer seats).

If "being there" is the most important thing I'd rejoin TA and enter the lottery but if "being close" is the most important I'd skip the wait and look for resale tickets where you can see the location (although they will be quite expensive).

MKAyu 14th August 2022 07:46 PM

A Complete: All Singles is back on the Oricon Digital Albums Top 50 chart again!

Fourth week of June: #43

First week of July: #22

Second week of July: #18

Third week of July: #24

Fourth week of July: #29

First week of August: #21

Does anyone know if it's charting anywhere else--Line, or iTunes?

maxikot 14th August 2022 10:18 PM

According to https://kworb.net/charts/aitunes/jp.html it's #11 on iTunes! One website suggests it's #9 :)

Sim' 15th August 2022 12:53 AM

A COMPLETE is still doing great on Recochoku: #18 on the monthly chart and #23 on the daily!
https://recochoku.jp/ranking/album/monthly
Yes queen, still charting high with a 14 years old album !! xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan (Post 3352650)
Does anyone know if Global TA gets better seats at concerts than regular TA? I’ve gotten global TA tickets twice and they were in okay places, so want to know which is more worth joining now ahead of the 25th anniversary next year!!

Based on my experience, I've had some good seats with Global TA so far (6th & 7th rows for the Just the beginning Tour 2017, 10th & 12th rows for Power of A^3, but for the last show I was just near the catwalk, north-east corner).
Depending on your "luck" after all, but I guess you can still go with the Global TA and expect some good seats.

Dunno about the foreigners not being on DVD though, I believe it may have been a thing in the past but this is not an issue anymore... I did have a (zoomed) feature on the TV & DVD of POA3, and we can see a bunch of foreigners on her DVDs now and then.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 16th August 2022 10:07 AM

Thanks all for the help, Global TA is nice and easy so I guess I’ll stick with that and cross my fingers!! If there isn’t a tour after all I will be devastated lol

voltron 16th August 2022 03:09 PM

So apparently Maki Goto has a YouTube channel and she often covers other artists' songs - I had no idea she was doing anything other than playing Monster Hunter these days. I've also really liked her, so happy to see her doing music - even if unofficially. Here she is singing "No Way to Say"

Toniayu123 17th August 2022 11:01 AM

https://youtu.be/mQGDnFdQRtA
Appreciate this gem.
Performances like this were what made me become a fan of her work. She truly was a legend on stage, even with terrible costume choices lol
Also, blame on whoever convinced her to force her voice on her early days. She clearly didn’t have a high pitched voice, the girl had a beautiful voice actually.
https://youtu.be/_mkxsqmA-Kk

summerain 17th August 2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniayu123 (Post 3352707)
https://youtu.be/mQGDnFdQRtA
Appreciate this gem.
Performances like this were what made me become a fan of her work. She truly was a legend on stage, even with terrible costume choices lol
Also, blame on whoever convinced her to force her voice on her early days. She clearly didn’t have a high pitched voice, the girl had a beautiful voice actually.
https://youtu.be/_mkxsqmA-Kk

I really don't like the way they forced her voice to be extremely pitchy because her tone wasn't naturally like that, but I have to admit her voice LOVEppears-onwards has a lot of personality, something she hadn't before.

Toniayu123 22nd August 2022 02:36 PM

^ I agree, her voice has always been quite unique. Even though I only enjoy it from 2003 onwards.

Also had to share, an I the only one bothered by the muffled voice effect? Like it literally ruins the song for me. Rule, GAME, the intro of fairyland to name a few. The effect is even more annoying live. What they did with Kanariya at CDL 16-17 was a crime.

ayu_fantasy 22nd August 2022 06:37 PM

https://youtu.be/_9xC9PdlT94

Anyway, her dearest performance from 2001 sounded so perfect!! I am impressed as this is my first time seeing this performance

Evolution7/4 23rd August 2022 02:30 PM

Oh wow stunning performance and amazing quality! The fashion, the manicure, the emotions! Peak Ayu right there.

voltron 23rd August 2022 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy (Post 3352821)
https://youtu.be/_9xC9PdlT94

Anyway, her dearest performance from 2001 sounded so perfect!! I am impressed as this is my first time seeing this performance

Pretty much all of the performances from when she was promoting the single were spot on. It's probably the most consistent she's ever been from performance to performance, and I just loved her voice at that time.

I think these are probably my favorite performances:

Katsuyuki012 23rd August 2022 10:48 PM

The X'mas Special version remains my absolute favourite :heart

ayu_fantasy 23rd August 2022 11:10 PM

No wonder is such a number 1 artist during that time. So perfect. Beautiful with good voice!

LOONAppears 24th August 2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3352845)
Pretty much all of the performances from when she was promoting the single were spot on. It's probably the most consistent she's ever been from performance to performance, and I just loved her voice at that time.

I think these are probably my favorite performances:

why do these appear as blue squares for me? 🥲

voltron 24th August 2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOONAppears (Post 3352852)
why do these appear as blue squares for me? 🥲

Weird, here are the links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrgSQElRAjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBXWuten1HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0W4R_jJtV0

LOONAppears 24th August 2022 01:29 AM

thank you so much!!!

maxikot 26th August 2022 10:21 PM

Venus in Masked Singer Japan performing Ayu's "Rule". Hero performed "Marionette" but I can't find the video yet. Credits to https://twitter.com/ayuvogue/status/1563264651026395136

voltron 28th August 2022 09:01 PM

Oh that's Maki Goto 100%

tokyoxjapanxfan 29th August 2022 02:07 AM

Dearest has some of the best live performances! And so many of them—the music scene was so good in Japan at that time, it’s a shame that there are barely any music shows anymore.

voltron 29th August 2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3352918)
Venus in Masked Singer Japan performing Ayu's "Rule". Hero performed "Marionette" but I can't find the video yet. Credits to https://twitter.com/ayuvogue/status/1563264651026395136

It was actually Marionette by Kyosuke Himuro, not Ayu.

maxikot 29th August 2022 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voltron (Post 3352996)
It was actually Marionette by Kyosuke Himuro, not Ayu.

Ah, thanks for clarifying it! I followed the show's Wikipedia so sb got it wrong :)

Evan Odinson 29th September 2022 01:13 PM

Ayu made a cameo on manga "Nine Peaks" which is currently being published!

"The author of "Clover", "Crows Zero 2" and "Himawari" is back! The curtain arises on a heated battle of two men in a town full of sh*tty delinquents!"

https://i.imgur.com/lfPyrTH.jpg

jean-baptiste 1st October 2022 08:13 AM

Today's the first time I've listened to ayu's music in about 4+ years. (Making my way through A COMPLETE.) Geez her music is amazing! I'm listening with new ears and a new perspective which I'd expect to have after so many years, and the quality of so many of her songs is just A1 (pun intended).

Also, songs that I used to have difficulty really enjoying (like kanariya and far away, for example) are hitting differently, in a great way. And some of my old favorites (like monochrome, WHATEVER, evolution, etc.) are sending me into orbit. Phew, what an overload of the senses. Pure joy

Sim' 1st October 2022 10:26 AM

^ Her music is definitely ageless.
(I know for fact that I'll still be waving my hands at SURREAL's lalalala part if I ever live until my 70s xDDD)

I also found myself this week looping over snowy kiss live version from COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~PROMISED LAND~
The chorus (before she fell) and the last chorus are just SO epic with the trumpets and the choir, makes the live song more powerful and grandiose than the LOVE again version (you guess it, her live versions are on a heavy rotation here)

Also is it just me or her current CDL are starting to overshadow her other concerts / tours, by like a huge gap ?
The PROMISED LAND and 23rd monster are so much superior and just on another level, same for MUSIC for LIFE that was initially supposed to be the CDL 20-21, but it wasn't always the case before (TROUBLE, Just the beginning, MADE IN TOKYO...)
Expecting another great CDL this year to promote the new album.

tokyoxjapanxfan 1st October 2022 03:45 PM

I’m honestly hoping this album puts her schedule back on … a schedule lol.

We’ll get a fall/winter album, which she can tease at CDL, then it allows for a full spring/summer tour.

natalaxie 2nd October 2022 03:13 PM

I tried the TA quiz but couldn’t read the Japanese fast enough and got timed out after about 13 out of 20 questions… only got 8 right, I suck :P

Sim' 2nd October 2022 03:24 PM

^ Tried the TA quiz as well, not only the questions change if you try it again, but some are kinda VERY hard I guess ? Some are even related to her dancers and staff, tried to translate some questions in the spot and got "What was Subaru doing to relieve stress before going on stage during ARENA TOUR XX", like seriously ??

Aderianu 2nd October 2022 03:35 PM

I tried this quiz, but my browser stopped to translate page from the second question, so I gave up

summerain 3rd October 2022 03:57 PM

A tip: Google Translate app for smartphones has a function with Google Lens. You can point out to a text on a screen or a paper and it translate automatically in your screen, real-time.

SunshineSlayer 9th October 2022 11:43 PM

Forgive me if I'm late to the party mentioning this, but Goto Maki performed Rule on the Masked Singer Season 2 a couple weeks ago. :) All of her song choices were excellent actually and I could tell who she was from the first note - she also did Namie's Hide and Seek, Superfly's Tamashii Revolution, and Every Little Thing's Fragile of the episodes I've seen so far.

YakuSoku 10th October 2022 10:54 AM

I’m listening on a loop since 1 werk Party Queen and its Arena Tour 2012 version, the instruments are much stronger

Zeke. 27th October 2022 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jean-baptiste (Post 3353580)
Today's the first time I've listened to ayu's music in about 4+ years. (Making my way through A COMPLETE.) Geez her music is amazing! I'm listening with new ears and a new perspective which I'd expect to have after so many years, and the quality of so many of her songs is just A1 (pun intended).

Also, songs that I used to have difficulty really enjoying (like kanariya and far away, for example) are hitting differently, in a great way. And some of my old favorites (like monochrome, WHATEVER, evolution, etc.) are sending me into orbit. Phew, what an overload of the senses. Pure joy

Great articulation of your experience. “Sending me into orbit” lol, what a great way to put it. Sometimes I think that’s how my friends and others around me think when I put on and/or am jamming out to Ayu — “yep, he’s in orbit right now” lol.

Years will do that to you — make you find new appreciation for tracks that were r in your top. I think it’s because your favorites aren’t as fresh anymore and pulling you to compare everything to them. You find the inherent “Ayu” im the tracks you didn’t initially enjoy (I remember the exact moment this happened to me with CAROLS; now I think it’s a masterpiece).

Mirrorcle_Star 3rd November 2022 10:04 PM

I just found out a cosmetic brand called ‘Ayu Cosmetics’ lol
https://ayu.ie/

MKAyu 4th November 2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jean-baptiste (Post 3353580)
And some of my old favorites (like monochrome, WHATEVER, evolution, etc.) are sending me into orbit. Phew, what an overload of the senses. Pure joy

I hear you. Today I had some music on in the background while doing homework, and I had this sudden urge to listen to Pride for the first time in years. It was the first Ayu song I ever heard performed on TV. I wasn't a fan then, so I didn't know who was playing this beautiful song, but I dropped whatever I was doing. She and that song grabbed me by the throat . . . or maybe the heart. It still takes my breath away.

ayu_fantasy 5th November 2022 11:46 AM

https://www.xiaohongshu.com/discover...00000018018b4c

Love how her vocals sounded so good here! Agreed?

MKAyu 5th November 2022 10:10 PM

Joysound Karaoke released their ranking of the "most sung" artists over the last thirty years!

Guess who made number two? Ayu is right behind Mr. Children as the second-most karaoke-d artist in Japan from 1992 to 2022. :love

Here's the article on Yahoo Japan.

(Amuro Namie is #8, too--good for her.)

tokyoxjapanxfan 6th November 2022 02:37 PM

Wow congrats to her!

Irish_Ayu_Fan 18th November 2022 08:45 AM

Hey guys, was Power of Music 2018 never released on DVD as part of anything no?

maxikot 18th November 2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan (Post 3354480)
Hey guys, was Power of Music 2018 never released on DVD as part of anything no?

Only the WOWOW broadcast.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 18th November 2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3354485)
Only the WOWOW broadcast.

Thanks very much, will have to just be a gap in my collection so!

LOONAppears 19th November 2022 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrorcle_Star (Post 3354119)
I just found out a cosmetic brand called ‘Ayu Cosmetics’ lol
https://ayu.ie/

when ayu scores a brand deal with them, does CMs for them, and gets famous in ireland LMAOOOOOO

Zeke. 22nd November 2022 05:49 PM

Days is one of ayus best works, verging on magnum opus.

“Would it be ok for I to remain the same, ever loving you, just in this way?” This song is the embodiment of the encapsulation of a distinct emotion. The pitter-patter of your heart when you sense you’re falling for someone. The way the cadence of the composition and arrangement mirrors that in its verse. The depth you feel you’ve fallen when you realize you’re in love. The way you get that as the song crescendos into the chorus. The altruistic innocence of being purely content with continuing to experience that persons presence in your life, even if not romantically—merely living the “days”.

It never ceases to marvel me, the melding of creative minds that had to come together so perfectly to paint this scene most simply call “a song.”

tokyoxjapanxfan 23rd November 2022 04:58 AM

I love Days :heart

It also brings me back to a very specific moment in my life.

//ABEST 23rd November 2022 05:12 PM

I wonder when will they announce her tour for next year. I bet it's during or after CDL but I'd like to know early.. I've been thinking about trying to finally attend since TROUBLE TOUR 2020 was cancelled.

Are tickets for Anniversary dates usually hard to get on lotteries?

Sim' 23rd November 2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by //ABEST (Post 3354718)
Are tickets for Anniversary dates usually hard to get on lotteries?

If you're a TA member : Not at all! (Got tickets for both concerts of the 21st anniversary)
Next year would be her 25th anniversary, so you can bet there'll be a concert in april to celebrate it
(unless it's a part of her next tour to promote the new album)

tokyoxjapanxfan 24th November 2022 05:33 AM

Me and two of my friends all won 3 tickets each for the 31st show. That used to be unheard of… I’m thinking the demand for her tickets has gone down drastically, or they’re starting to give preferential treatment to TA members for how long they’ve been members even for the normal lottery, or a mix of both. (Iirc, a member of 5 years+ has a different selection for the lottery, but I could be wrong. I’m only on my 3rd consecutive year because I let it expire lol).

//ABEST 24th November 2022 06:12 AM

Thank you! I remember times when it was hard to get but now we live in a different kinda world :yes

Earth_maiden 28th November 2022 11:28 AM

Still triggered by the fact I lost all 3 lotteries for CDL14-15. But there was no international TA back then (or I was still using mumo method), so glad its easier to get them now.

tokyoxjapanxfan 29th November 2022 03:47 PM

Endless sorrow is one of her absolute best songs.
I always forget how powerful it is.

Irish_Ayu_Fan 30th November 2022 02:40 PM

Ayu my top played artist of the year on Apple Music (again lol), with 2650 minutes played...I think I need to branch out a bit haha! Anyone else check their Spotify wrapped / Apple Music replay yet? :)

Edit: Interestingly no Ayu songs in my top 10 though!

natalaxie 30th November 2022 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Apparently I played Summer Again the most and Non-fiction second most :luv2
Ayu was top artist, then Sheena Ringo, Tokyo Jihen, ELT and Utada Hikaru :yes

Sky High 1st December 2022 05:05 PM

A Classical is soo good album.

natalaxie 2nd December 2022 11:24 AM

I just rewatched Summer Again MV after a while and I still hate it... it's all just vanity shots, relying on the beauty of the costumes and the bodies and the scenery, but nothing to it. Some of the shots of them dancing in a formation on the beach look more like behind the scenes footage, just front on, too much background, they look like a group of people randomly dancing on the beach... the choreo is massive cringe and they are not into it at all. And Ayu's smile is so fake sometimes :( all her weird OTT hand gestures as well... there's way too many shots of that. I watched a couple of BoA's new MVs the other day and just wow, the amount they pack in, the quality! Even comparing Summer Again to Inspire, where is the mystique? where is the mood? where is the story? It would have been much better to have it like a party scene, even if they were all dressed ridiculously, the theme of the song is that finally we get to have summer again, so what are they doing on the beach? It's not a creepy ritual. It's not a party. It's not anything :/ Well the cave bits are a bit better, but at the end of the day it's still just posing. For how long can they rely on vanity shots? Mask and Non-fiction were at least a lot more interesting.

AndyF 3rd December 2022 06:59 PM

The only thing about Summer Again MV (and her last concerts) I hate is the choreography...

//ABEST 3rd December 2022 09:34 PM

are you guys still collecting her physical releases? I stopped to do so after Zutto... / Last minute / Walk and sold my whole collection away. There were couple of pieces I regret selling but I kinda grew out of being a collector. I remember there were some singles that were so freaking expensive on Yahoo! Auctions (like unopened A-single) but they seems to get cheaper these days. are people getting over her or are collectors just growing out of it? KPOP on the other hand has exploded in last couple of years but I don't know are they just "younger generation". I know KPOP is extremely popular nowadays but I feel like collecting KPOP stuff shares same energy as I use to have back in the day with ayu

Sky High 4th December 2022 12:36 AM

^ I agree with you on that, and to add, I am not a collector, and it is not practical for me, besides all of her music is available online. My priorities changed in life I don't have much time anymore, but I understand when someone is passionate and inspired by someone. I think with years people change their interests or do not prioritize them as they use to. I have similar feelings about KPOP, it really looks and sounds good I just don't have enough focus to be devoted anymore.

KPL 4th December 2022 06:33 AM

I don’t know if this has been shared before, but I just located the record from which the song Duty sampled the gregorian chant

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?l...&feature=share

Sim' 4th December 2022 01:35 PM

I was never a collector of physical releases, only owning few CDs like Memorial address, A BEST 15th anniversary, CAROLS, MY STORY and GUILTY...
I was however a huge digital collector, got rid of everything but for a different reason ?
I noticed the fandom stopped sharing some files, so since I'll always be missing some, might as well stop collecting them in the first place... No regret, felt better actually to get rid of the pression to own everything, and just enjoy what she's doing.

tokyoxjapanxfan 5th December 2022 07:33 AM

I actually can’t believe I used to buy every version of every release lol.

Although, if there was a real effort put into promoting her releases, I might be more excited to purchase them. It was the whole build up that really made it an experience for me. Once she stopped magazine and tv promo, my excitement kind of took a nosedive…

rainbow_smile 6th December 2022 12:56 AM

I still enjoy collecting, but these days I just can't afford it. The next album will probably be this first one I won't buy for a while (but I am planning to eventually). I've never been consistent with buying her DVDs, compilations and singles though

Corki 10th December 2022 07:03 PM

I have most of her singles and the older albums. Also I love photobooks, I wish she would do another one.
I am not buying so much anymore and most of the time second hand not new releases. Because I use spotify I dont have the need to buy new music releases phisical immediately when they come out (not just with Ayus music releases but in general)

Zeke. 11th December 2022 05:27 AM

I wanted to share the way I watch Ayu's classic winter MVs since last year. I love Christmas, so in 2021, I decided to decorate nearly every room in my home for the holidays, almost all of which differed in "spirit" from one another. This a clip taken in my bedroom, for which its "Spirit of Christmas" I captured as "The North Pole". Watching Ayu's music video for JEWEL in this room was truly something to behold.

I made a Powerpoint presentation to simulate the total experience for my workers; for anyone that's interested, see the spoiler
Spoiler:
Originally I gave tours to my family, had curtains put up separating each room, different candles/scents burning in each, different textures to touch and different things to taste... as to engage all the senses; the powerpoint only engages sight and sound, but if you download, open in Microsoft PowerPoint, hit play/put it in presentation mode, it will roll through the scenes in sync with the music I selected for each room

https://docs.google.com/presentation...f=true&sd=true

MKAyu 11th December 2022 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3355133)
I wanted to share the way I watch Ayu's classic winter MVs since last year. I love Christmas, so in 2021, I decided to decorate nearly every room in my home for the holidays, almost all of which differed in "spirit" from one another. This a clip taken in my bedroom, for which its "Spirit of Christmas" I captured as "The North Pole". Watching Ayu's music video for JEWEL in this room was truly something to behold.

Oh my god, this is fabulous! It's like Ayu's team set it up. :love

Cahz- 15th December 2022 10:40 AM

Ayu Nonfiction multiverse :love

YUKARI 18th December 2022 06:51 AM

LOOOOL I'd love to attend this kind of event haha

loved how Yocchan played air guitar

sitara 20th December 2022 07:31 AM

is ayu's boyfriend/alledged father of her kids still in the troupe?
I am not too familiar with her dancers but I haven't seen or read anything about him in a hot minute.

kendelle 25th December 2022 08:16 AM

I don't pay much attention to them either outside of my faves lol

It's rumoured to be PEY and he was one of the answers on the TeamAyu MASK Quiz....so I assume he's still in the Troupe :P

Ashen Twilight 29th December 2022 04:53 AM

Finally watched the 24th Tour Special. Loved it! I appreciated how all the dancers and background singers had old tour t shirts on during the encore. So cute. This tour felt extremely heartfelt after coming back after so long after not performing for an audience.

Sky High 8th January 2023 02:15 AM

I found this interview from 2003 with Akiko Wada. I wish I could understand what they are talking about

tokyoxjapanxfan 8th January 2023 11:53 AM

Omg I miss the chaos of the Japanese tv shows from the 2000s.
Great clip, thank you!

MKAyu 22nd January 2023 08:41 PM

Hey, hey!

I went to Oricon to see if any sign of Remember You was up, and under digital album streaming sales, I found A Complete is still in the top 30 almost every week! It's between 20 and 30 through January (so far) and every week in December. :love

It falls off after awhile and will again, but it always comes back. It hasn't been off for long in years.

Sim' 22nd January 2023 09:54 PM

^ On Recochoku, she even managed to rank a 22 years old album for december 2022 :
https://recochoku.jp/ranking/album/monthly

#74 A COMPLETE (2008)
#189 A BEST (2001)

kendelle 25th January 2023 06:30 AM

A BEST and A COMPLETE are the real 23rd Monsters lol

BlackSilence 11th February 2023 04:16 PM

i was looking for something on Youtube but instead I came across this! The short movie they did for 'voyage": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQ3QhXZhuo

I have never seen it. Ayu is actually pretty good in this.

summerain 12th February 2023 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSilence (Post 3357213)
i was looking for something on Youtube but instead I came across this! The short movie they did for 'voyage": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQ3QhXZhuo

I have never seen it. Ayu is actually pretty good in this.

I always thought she is a good actress and I always wanted to see her in a feature project with a good director.

kotora 21st February 2023 12:21 PM

is there any Sped up songs for ayu?
or AI cover song using ayu's voice?

summerain 27th March 2023 04:29 PM

Ayu will sing at CDTV special next Monday.

YUKARI 28th March 2023 08:12 PM

somebody, please add a new thread about her first press-conference as a brand ambassador since 2015!!

Taishaku 31st March 2023 12:07 AM

^ I agree, she's been quite active these days and there's no threads covering what she's been up to lately!

Aderianu 31st March 2023 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taishaku (Post 3357828)
^ I agree, she's been quite active these days and there's no threads covering what she's been up to lately!

What theme did we miss?

summerain 7th April 2023 03:17 PM

All her 135 music videos have English subtitles with official translations now.