Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- DVD/BD Release (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124542)

maxikot 4th September 2019 05:53 PM

Am I seeing correctly that the DVD debuted at #2 in DVD general and music categories respectively and blu-ray #7 in the general category (music seems not updated yet there)

Aderianu 4th September 2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junshen (Post 3306071)

thank you!

Sky High 4th September 2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minkAYuko (Post 3306186)
here you go

There is photobook inside, looks nice :love:love

TeamAyu2004 5th September 2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3306179)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDh6_31U...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDh6_4nU...jpg&name=small
Ayumi Hamasaki New LIVE DVD & Blu-ray "ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A ^ 3-" is in stock 💞 In commemoration of the release, a special corner of Ayu was set up at the Shinjuku store. 😍 The familiar “A Mark” will catch your eye 👍 Please come to check the store ♪ Unfolding on 7F 💞#浜崎あゆみ
@TOWER_Shinjuku

What store is this?

~angel*ayumi~ 5th September 2019 02:10 PM

Itīs written in the text....
Itīs Tower Records Shinjuku

hidekirby 5th September 2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minkAYuko (Post 3306186)
here you go

I ignored CDJapan had an unboxing channel on Youtube haha

Party_King 6th September 2019 12:03 AM

Ahhh my DVD arrived today <3
If there's no rip tomorrow, I'll rip it by myself :)

maxikot 6th September 2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3306337)

That's very kind of you :) What's your impression of the DVD, I mean the box, booklet ?

Chris85 6th September 2019 03:51 PM

What's different from edited TV broadcast?

maxikot 6th September 2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3306383)
What's different from edited TV broadcast?

Different angles and sound mixing that makes it a much better experience to watch compared to the live broadcast. They did quite a good job there so if you haven't seen it then give it a shot, or wait for the blu-ray or dvd-rip :)

Sky High 6th September 2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3306337)

Thank you Party King :)

attractive nausea 6th September 2019 04:20 PM

My DVD arrived today too! I’m really surprised because CDJapan shipped it on the 4th but stated that on average it takes 5-12 days to arrive lol I’m soooo happy

RealLight 6th September 2019 04:32 PM

Since there's no thread, I'll try to keep track on her sales. Let's see how she's doing.

General DVD Charts:
Day 1: #2
Day 2: #4
Day 3: #4

Music DVD Charts:
Day 1: #2
Day 2: #2
Day 3: #3

Party_King 7th September 2019 12:23 AM

So, I just started to rip the DVD ;)

maxikot 7th September 2019 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3306413)
So, I just started to rip the DVD ;)

Thank you <3 How do you like it? Both as the physical copy and the concert? Is it very different from the wowow edited version?

Party_King 7th September 2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3306414)
Thank you <3 How do you like it? Both as the physical copy and the concert? Is it very different from the wowow edited version?

To be honest, I didn't watched the re-broadcast. So I can just compare to the live broadcast. The improvement is amazing, but there're still some songs where ayu's voice is thin as paper. (e.g. Startin' and STEP you). Other Songs are really great (e.g. Microphone, NaNaNa and walking proud).
What I didn't like that much was the fail correction in the end of Microphone and the background visuals on top of the live video during the long medley.
During the long medley they used heavy backtracks to cover up ayu's cracking voice. I thought during Mowy and Ladies Night it's 90% backtrack...

For the packaging: they used really thin and cheap paper for the cover and booklet but I do like the disign - even if it's lazy done :D
There're triangles all over the backcover and the tracklisting is not splittet into main and encore part - it's just one text block...

I've also got that postcard extra. It's just the frontcover and the seize is bigger than the DVD case...

AJFmzk 7th September 2019 03:05 AM

Just went though my copy of the blu-ray really quick, just a few seconds of each song and it sounds like they did a great job with the editing. Judging from the way the vocals sound nicely corrected and not super robotic, I'd guess they used melodyne or something very similar since it sounds like they kept the dynamics and wave curves pretty close to what they were live, but obviously mixed properly to make the overall dynamics more consistent. They definitely worked with the live tracks since her voice sounds hoarse and tired, but they cleaned them up as much as possible without them sounding really weirdly and obviously edited.
I haven't watched the whole show yet so there could be editing problems, but from a quick look everything looks and sounds pretty good.

Chris85 7th September 2019 03:29 AM

Thank you for reviews, guys.

tokyoxjapanxfan 7th September 2019 09:36 AM

What I noticed in the previews was how little time they seemed to spend on Ayu each shot. It felt like a constant back and forth from Ayu and dancers. Is it the same throughout?

holy_arrow 7th September 2019 11:34 AM

Where is Engerize performance guys ??? It isn't included in the DVD, is it ?