Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Forum Helper Nominations (II) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48516)

Corybobory 4th September 2006 07:18 PM

Forum Helper Nominations (II)

The introduction of 'Forum Helpers' to AHS has been a very beneficial program to our online community. A new term is coming up and we would like you to nominate those who you think would do a good job helping keep our forum clean and fun. It is a great opportunity to participate in forum moderation and see what happens behind the scenes!

For those of you that haven't heard about our Helpers program, Helpers are given limited moderation powers in one forum (chosen by the member later) for 60 days. They will have responsibility for monitoring that forum and communicating any problems, needs, or suggestions to the staff.

Quote:

Powers
Members of the helpers team will have the following powers:

* edit posts
* open/close threads
* edit thread titles
* add and edit calendar events

Responsibilities
During their term the helpers will have these duties:

* read all threads and posts in assigned forum
* communicate any forum issues to the staff
* welcome new members
* help enforce the forum rules
* make suggestions
* provide leadership

Please note that anyone can already do most of these things if they want to. However giving someone a specific responsibility to monitor a specific forum enhances the forum's efficiency. They are more than welcome to monitor other forums as well but are encouraged to focus mainly on their own forum to make sure it is taken care of.

How they are selected
Nominations for helpers will be accepted from the initiates. To nominate someone send an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. Please include the reasons why you think this person would be a good candidate. There is no deadline for submitting nominations. The staff will continuously accept nomination emails as long as they decide to keep this program going.

The staff will seriously consider every person suggested. These are some of the criteria that will be taken into account:

* length of membership at AHS
* maturity
* communication skills
* manners
* expertise in Ayumi Hamasaki/J-pop/J-culture

The length of membership at AHS is considered because they tend to have more experience of the general jist of how AHS operates.

The staff will select three of the nominated initiates to serve at a time. Because these are temporary and rotating positions many of those nominated will eventually get a chance.

The senior staff have the final say on any appointments and dismissals.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please discuss them in this thread, or, as always, with a member of the staff.

Thank you,

The Staff of AHS

So please email nominate@ahsforum.com or PM a staff member if you have a nomination!

immel 4th September 2006 08:16 PM

Interesting to see this up again, I have to take a thinker about it but I pretty much know a few people I would like to nominate.

Are you allowed to nominate more than one person?

Love Appears 4th September 2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immel (Post 861990)
Are you allowed to nominate more than one person?

Affirmative. :yes

sexysaucestar 4th September 2006 09:00 PM

I think, in the past, people were also allowed to self-nominate..with good reasons.

Risky Lotus 5th September 2006 12:51 AM

Interesting! About time. It'll be fun to see new staff.

nmskalmn 5th September 2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immel (Post 861990)
Interesting to see this up again

This isn't new. We've been accepting nominations all along. Cory made a new thread because no one reads the stickies.

immel 5th September 2006 01:12 AM

Ah, I read the sticky some time ago but I don't think I got the impression you accepted nominations at any given moment - and after I read it I never checked back by some reason, I rarely go back to threads that are marked as read and got no new posts.

Maybe it is that a thread that is two years old or been posted in for over a year, even if it is a sticky, might not attract very much attention, er, bad theory. It's a good initiative to make a new thread to bring it to our attention again though :yes.

Risky Lotus 5th September 2006 02:23 AM

I thought it was posted because you guys are looking for staff right now. :shrug

sexysaucestar 5th September 2006 02:30 AM

Forum Helpers are temporary staff members; the staff is always open for nominations for Forum Helpers. I don't think many newcomers know of this program, so they tend to get confused.

nmskalmn 5th September 2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risky Lotus (Post 862462)
I thought it was posted because you guys are looking for staff right now. :shrug

We look for staff every 60 days or so. :yes

AyuGAME 5th September 2006 01:03 PM

hope the best will be choosen

qwerty 16th October 2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soysaucestar (Post 862015)
I think, in the past, people were also allowed to self-nominate..with good reasons.

So we can't nominate ourselves now? :(

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'd really like to be a forum helper. :yes

nmskalmn 16th October 2006 12:33 AM

You can nominate yourself.

qwerty 16th October 2006 12:34 AM

^Wow, that was fast. o_o; Thanks for answering! :)

truehappiness 16th October 2006 12:40 AM

Ooo! 60 days. This seems fun.

I wonder who will be chosen :O!

immel 16th October 2006 11:23 AM

Reminds me I sill didn't nominate the people I thought about ... but I don't know anymore.

truehappiness 16th October 2006 11:26 AM

When will these new 'temporary moderators' be chosen anyway?

:)

immel 16th October 2006 11:39 AM

Probably as soon as they've gotten a nomination that they like and all agree on?

truehappiness 16th October 2006 11:40 AM

Usually there's like three at a time though.. :o
It's never just one person.. I think.

emi♡ 16th October 2006 02:15 PM

^^well, they did say:
Quote:

The staff will select three of the nominated initiates to serve at a time. Because these are temporary and rotating positions many of those nominated will eventually get a chance.
so maybe...it could be only one person? Though I don't think I ever rememer them appointing only one person at a time, I guess it's quite possible they could though, especially if maybe the people they choose do not necessarily want to do it.