Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ASIA TOUR 2008 Asian dates confirmed! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75737)

truehappiness 20th June 2008 07:55 AM

ASIA TOUR 2008 Asian dates confirmed!

A source now states the dates and locations of the ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ overseas stops!

Quote:

2008/09/20 (Saturday) - Hong Kong - Asia-World Expo
2008/10/18 (Saturday) - Shanghai - Shanghai Grand Stage
2008/11/01 (Saturday) - Taipei - Taipei Arena
2008/11/02 (Sunday) - Taipei - Taipei Arena
Source

This is one long tour.. @_@

It's only a matter of time before her official site announces it now. [though, I don't think it'll need a thread of its own since there seems to be a bunch of Asian tour date threads.. D:~]

Also, the article states that the tour's production costs were upwards of 2.5 billion yen, or 23.1 million USD.

zoomzoom 20th June 2008 07:59 AM

I'm surprised to see so few dates with last years success, just one extra Taiwan and the same in China. And the Chinese dates are a month apart? It seems long, but it's only 4 concerts..

[taskin.ayu] 20th June 2008 07:59 AM

Yeah this tour is going on very late. It doesn't leave much time to do a CDL concert does it? O_O

truehappiness 20th June 2008 08:00 AM

Well, they're far apart for a good reason, I imagine..

Most likely to allow enough time to transport the stage materials and set them up. :\

CDLs are usually planned mid-November.

Basically, she's worked from CDL07-08 directly to AT08 up until the end of June, then doing a-nation '08, then resuming her AT08 schedule to finally work on CDL08-09. @_@

LacusClyne 20th June 2008 08:01 AM

only one additional concert fo taipei..... i thought they will add more, seeing last year's sucess

ALPHY 20th June 2008 08:02 AM

Dang, I guess we'll see a DVD release of the tour next year then. >=\

zoomzoom 20th June 2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 1510768)
Well, they're far apart for a good reason, I imagine..

Most likely to allow enough time to transport the stage materials and set them up. :\

Well they're managing to bring it from Shanghai to Taipei in under 2 weeks.

truehappiness 20th June 2008 08:04 AM

My hunch is that they might start editing the June 29th show, and kind of ignore the Asian stops for the DVD..

I think Namie Amuro did this with her PLAY TOUR and it worked out a lot better than the AT07 fiasco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by me from a month ago
Judging from the T-shirt, HK might be before 10/18, and Taiwan will be after. And according to the previous setup, she'll have two weeks before and after each concert? So a ballpark estimate is maybe October 4th in HK and in Taiwan.. November 1st?

lol, I guessed the Taiwan date. @_@

Lanz16 20th June 2008 08:30 AM

The tour production cost makes me :thud
Anyways, its a "YAY!" for that Ayu will come in Hong Kong again!!! XD

AyUmIXx 20th June 2008 08:32 AM

hoahhhhhhhhhh..two dates for Taipei stop??
wahhh so lucky Taiwanese fans gotta see Ayu for twice..wahhhhh!!!
thanks for the info :)

SunshineSlayer 20th June 2008 08:32 AM

There are huge gaps between those dates. I'm thinking new single for sure.

truehappiness 20th June 2008 08:39 AM

We're probably going to get a new single at the end of AT08's Japan leg.

The large gaps inbetween the tours tend to be for Ayu to rest [as well as to transport the stage from place to place..]~

I_you_me 20th June 2008 08:42 AM

thanks for the news

prussian blue 20th June 2008 09:00 AM

no singapore :weep i was weeping again now... but maybe i'll go to china/taiwan this year end so maybe i'll be there? hhohohoho what a dream...

Ayumiko 20th June 2008 09:07 AM

I'm sure she's gonna release something during the overseas concerts to promote and stuff. I'm glad there's 2 taipei concerts...HK should have 2 as well.

truehappiness 20th June 2008 09:10 AM

HK probably can't have two because the Asia-World Expo Arena is pretty big.. 13,500 seats.. probably the biggest venue of the Asian dates..

Kobayashiwoof 20th June 2008 09:14 AM

Ayumi!!!! I really hope you make new songs during your tour :(.

se7entheaven 20th June 2008 09:28 AM

then she won't really have enough time for new album in December? wow
I think this time she must've planned something different for Overseas fans, and those lucky fans will get to listen her new singles, imagine: summer/fall/winter singles, anything that ayu'll release this year ^^. 2 ates in Taiwan means many more Taiwan artist will go and see this spectacular show coz it's ayu's anniversary tour ^^ I hope the DVD isn't coming next December'09 LOL That'll be sucks. I think this DVD will only Include Japan stops, then maybe the Overseas shows will be bundled together in CDL08-09 DVD early next year, maybe???...I dunno...confusing...coz Kylie Minogue one it before, SHOWGIRL an SHOWGIRL Homecoming, so I supposed ayu'll change something in the tracklist or anything else this time round ^^

Choyan 20th June 2008 10:08 AM

nice... though, I still can't make it to any dates still v-v~...it's such a pitty TwT~~~

LacusClyne 20th June 2008 10:18 AM

now the dates are confirm, it means really no singapore