Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113023)

Pieces_of_SEVEN 16th March 2012 04:32 AM

I'm anxious for translations of the next LOVE and E, S, M, even though they're my least favorite tracks on the album.

Ashen Twilight 16th March 2012 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2834381)
^^Yeah, exactly. While I do wish it wasn't included, I can get over it and still love the track. It's hot :)

Where would one upload a track without Timmy's rap? Even though I like his little rap, I made one without it. I guess I'll just put it here for now. I'm trying to work on Return Road, but I would have to remove the entire last chorus and replacing it with the second chorus and also removing parts of the second to last final chorus after the piano breakdown, thus removing all of her "runs" and key changes. =\

I know there were a few people wanting a NaNaNa ~Ayu is All~....

NaNaNa ~Ayu is All~ DL

There are a few parts in it that I'm not please with, but it was the best I could do.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 16th March 2012 05:00 AM

^^Thanks! The downloads section would work :)

Zeke. 16th March 2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 2834367)
I like every song on the album except shake it. It saddens me because it was one of the songs I was looking forward to the most but to me it sounds really cheap like my names WOMEN. But I am trying to let it grow on me. It's not really so bad. Best song on the album... it WAS Return Road but I finally heard reminds me in full today and WOW!!!!! Epic beyond epic. I'm addicted to NaNaNa, too. Timmy, auto-tune and all :laugh

OMG, I feel like my name's WOMEN is of the highest quality she has EVER DONE. Right down to the PV. The song is just fierce and POW and amazing production. That instrumental hook is KILLER! Every time I listen to it the last thing I ever think of is "cheap" It's such a BAD-ASS song. It's one of the songs I feel proud to be an Ayu fan when I listen to. One of the songs I just want to throw in everyone's face and say "yeah, this is who I listen to"

adantatu2 16th March 2012 05:08 AM

A cool title for envy ayu fans like me, LOL!!
thanks a lot, it sounds really nice

Pieces_of_SEVEN 16th March 2012 05:23 AM

Lol...my name's WOMEN is NOT what I'd use to introduce someone to ayu. I actually have a playlist on iTunes of songs I would use for that exact purpose.

I just think mnW can get a bit repetitive.

Zeke. 16th March 2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2834462)
Lol...my name's WOMEN is NOT what I'd use to introduce someone to ayu. I actually have a playlist on iTunes of songs I would use for that exact purpose.

I just think mnW can get a bit repetitive.

What songs would you choose? I wouldn't pick anything pre-Memorial Address at all. Her voice is too overpowering there and hard on the ears (although I love it and have never had a problem with her squeaky voice). I just feel like, if you don't think my name's WOMEN is one of her most polished piece of works, what would you say is? I literally am getting a headache trying to wrap my head around how anything bad can be said about my name's WOMEN. That hook. That mother-effing killer hook. It drives me wild and pushes my buttons in all the right ways! SOOOOOOOOO BAD-ASS!!!!!

Pieces_of_SEVEN 16th March 2012 05:34 AM

^^Personally, I'd choose something from each era...something to showcase all her different styles and genres.

AUDIENCE, evolution, M, immature, Don't look back, INSPIRE, SURREAL, Rule, Return Road, Days, curtain call, Sparkle, Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~, Fly high, Dearest, Endless sorrow, Bold & Delicious

^^I think those are a pretty diverse collection of tracks ;)

ayumisrael 16th March 2012 05:38 AM

Well the only thing about my name's WOMEN is that it's too long because of the choruses/repeating choruses, but it's a great song nontheless :)

Zeke. 16th March 2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN (Post 2834475)
^^Personally, I'd choose something from each era...something to showcase all her different styles and genres.

AUDIENCE, evolution, M, immature, Don't look back, INSPIRE, SURREAL, Rule, Return Road, Days, curtain call, Sparkle, Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~, Fly high, Dearest, Endless sorrow, Bold & Delicious

^^I think those are a pretty diverse collection of tracks ;)

I wouldn't venture into her back catalog right away since it's so out there for mainstream. I do not agree on Don't look back (you probably know that, haha) or even INSPIRE. Rule is too chaotic and Return Road is not as good as her best rock works (Because of you, About you, GAME, Microphone, 1LOVE, is this LOVE? are all MUCH better). Actually, looking at your playlist I find a lot I disagree on: AUDIENCE, immature, Don't look back, INSPIRE, Rule, Return Road, curtain call, Sunrise (maybe at a later date), Bold & Delcious

Mine would be:
Moments
my name's WOMEN
STEP you
Because of you
is this LOVE?
GAME
Microphone
talkin' 2 myself
alterna
(don't) Leave me alone
Ladies Night
Mirrorcle World
JEWEL

I guess I pick a lot of rock songs but I feel like they are just the most powerful music she has done and I feel like her rock is on a whole 'nother level than any other type of rock music. It really sounds bad-ass and she really owns that genre of music.

As far as earlier works, I would pick the more fierce tracks yet again like:
I am...
evolution
Naturally
SURREAL
Endless Sorrow

Also, RAINBOW and maybe SEASONS.

TeamAyu2004 16th March 2012 05:50 AM

^ i really dont care for that song and wouldn't let a none ayu fan hear that song first. (my names woman)
But I do think something from each era is better than just one song... she is so diverse in her music just something from one song or even one album wouldn't be a true representation of her work.

And although all the songs you picked are really really good... I dont feel they are diverse enough.

Zeke. 16th March 2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 (Post 2834487)
^ i really dont care for that song and wouldn't let a none ayu fan hear that song first. (my names woman)
But I do think something from each era is better than just one song... she is so diverse in her music just something from one song or even one album wouldn't be a true representation of her work.

And although all the songs you picked are really really good... I dont feel they are diverse enough.

Well if it was about diversity I would throw in more variety but with all the people who have heard Ayu and who have liked her along with me, always like the rock songs. It was always my safe bet. I mean it's hard to see the magic in some of her more abstract earlier works when you aren't completely mesmerized by her/a fan. But for "normal" everyday/mainstream American people, I think they would find the songs I selected great. It's not completely off the wall, but it is different enough from what they hear over here to make them say "wow, that is actually pretty cool"

TOP 5 examples:
Moments
STEP you
my name's WOMEN
About you
is this LOVE?

in that order.

I feel if they don't like those songs, they sure as Hell won't like the other more strange stuff. I would choose examples that you wouldn't expect to hear from someone known as "a Japanese popstar" - if they don't show interest right off the bat (say they aren't already fans of J-Pop or interested in asian music) then I wouldn't feel as comfortable bringing out Sunrise or the other stuff you'd "expect" from "J-POP" - I would want to take their expectations and turn them upside down.

TeamAyu2004 16th March 2012 06:00 AM

^ i guess i can see that. But it also depends on the group of people I think...
I mean my group of friends and I love her more danc-y stuff..
Evolution, Unite!, Naturally, AUDIENCE, Fly High,
some of the rock would be: GAME, Because of You,

If I wanted to introduce new people i would pick: progress, brillent, evolution, GAME, Glitter, Next Level, Love Songs, moon... stuff like that...

but of course thats just me.

Suteisi 16th March 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 2834484)
Because of you
Microphone
talkin' 2 myself
(don't) Leave me alone
Mirrorcle World
evolution

These have proven to be hits with most of my friends who don't care for anything japanese. One of them is into metal punk (screaming type music) and he loved Microphone :)

freedreamer 16th March 2012 12:37 PM

I think we have a thread on what songs we use to introduce Ayu dont we? if not, we could always carry on that topic there..would love to share mine but dont think this is the right place to do it.

and i guess CDJAPAN isnt shipping out aything today :(

xLuna&1LOVE 16th March 2012 12:41 PM

I would not recomment (don't) Leave Me Alone.

I have a friend who is not into Ayu but certainly loves ourselves

The song that got me into Ayu-fandom was GAME

My mother, who despites Ayu, liked talkin' 2 myself

And I can remember I have also recomment people the songs BRILLANTE, About You, A Song For Xx (a'nation), Dearest, M

ONTOPIC:

I hate it that I had to cancel my order o.o this album is good but... yeah.

douggn 16th March 2012 12:57 PM

My friends basically love the sound of her metal music/weird/meaningful PV's but I think most of all Mirrorcle World has made the lasting impression PV+AT08 but I hope for shake it to be good because I only want to show Return Road to my friends at the moment. Though I think NaNaNa will be alright because of the beat and the camera angles but I don't know about timmy. But I think NaNaNA looks fun

SURREAL__RAINBOW 16th March 2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE (Post 2834648)

My mother, who despites Ayu, liked talkin' 2 myself

I hate it that I had to cancel my order o.o this album is good but... yeah.

These two things are really really sad. Specially the mom one... If my mom hated ayu she wouldn't be my mom anymore, and I wouldn't speak to her, etc.

But thankfully she loves ayu and watches all the pvs with me, concerts, etc :D

jbrat2219 16th March 2012 01:07 PM

At this point I would use reminds me as an ayu introduction. And the entire Love songs and (m)u albums.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 16th March 2012 01:12 PM

From Party Queen I would use reminds me, Return Road and Tell me why for sure. My sister said the intro of reminds me made her think of Madonna :shrug I'm not sure which song she had in mind lol I've polluted her mind with Madonna's music too so :innocent