Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106145)

Kogepan_19 19th December 2010 12:19 AM

@ Coelacanth - It's really hard to explain purely through words because music analyzing really requires the score and markings on it, but I can point out the instance in sending mail which you may hear the melody as resolved.

So in the little bridge from the verse to the chorus, what's developing is an antecedent-consequent phrase period structure. The first time in the bridge feels like there is no ending, and that it should end right before the chorus but then it doesn't end again. This is definitely intentional on TK's part...as it leads RIGHT into the chorus.

The melody of the chorus may to the regular feel like it's neverending, but being able to perceive multiple layers of pitch and in relation to the lyrics, the last syllable of every phrase is sung on a low pitch that coincides with the repetition of the phrase again. That is where the ending, as the melody returns to a previously established focal pitch (and harmony as well) creating a sense of no ending since the phrase is immediately repeating again in a more perceptible vocal range.

What TK does in his music is very, very intentional.

Coelacanth 19th December 2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 (Post 2585354)
@ Coelacanth - It's really hard to explain purely through words because music analyzing really requires the score and markings on it, but I can point out the instance in sending mail which you may hear the melody as resolved.

So in the little bridge from the verse to the chorus, what's developing is an antecedent-consequent phrase period structure. The first time in the bridge feels like there is no ending, and that it should end right before the chorus but then it doesn't end again. This is definitely intentional on TK's part...as it leads RIGHT into the chorus.

The melody of the chorus may to the regular feel like it's neverending, but being able to perceive multiple layers of pitch and in relation to the lyrics, the last syllable of every phrase is sung on a low pitch that coincides with the repetition of the phrase again. That is where the ending, as the melody returns to a previously established focal pitch (and harmony as well) creating a sense of no ending since the phrase is immediately repeating again in a more perceptible vocal range.

What TK does in his music is very, very intentional.

Very informative. Thanks for this.

I'm interested in how she will go about performing this song live, with the chorus being like that.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 19th December 2010 12:33 AM

PERFECT ALBUM.

Sometimes I can't read your posts because your negative thinking gets into my head lol I can't deal with it

Michan 19th December 2010 12:35 AM

OMGGGG!!!! I'm so happy that album leaked =D. I'm still listening =D and adoring Sending email ^_^ it's very anime. Love Song is very good =D and the combination of crossroad and MOON work it out ^^

Kazeyomi 19th December 2010 12:41 AM

Woah I'm login in the forum just now, and there are the leaks. Kinda expected lol.
Oh gosh I must resist :tired MUST RESIST!!111

Luckily CDJ put my order on shipping process, HELL YEAH. I hope to get it asap. Like, Monday :D

Kogepan_19 19th December 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 2585367)
Very informative. Thanks for this.

I'm interested in how she will go about performing this song live, with the chorus being like that.

I noticed a lot of grammatical fragments in my last post, but it's good that my main point was understood lol.

This kind of multi-layering actually happens a lot in Ayu's music though and most of time it's resolved in concerts with the use of a backing track pre-Peco and Princess. I have a feeling it will be up to Peco and Princess though if sending mail does get sung in concert.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:03 AM

As I donīt want to read through 15 pages and there is no information summary in the 1st post.
Are tehre different covers like with A Best/A Ballads?

Michan 19th December 2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshka (Post 2585380)
Woah I'm login in the forum just now, and there are the leaks. Kinda expected lol.
Oh gosh I must resist :tired MUST RESIST!!111

Luckily CDJ put my order on shipping process, HELL YEAH. I hope to get it asap. Like, Monday :D

Good luck :D, and don't worry it's a great album. You won't regret =D. I almost cried while listening some songs =D (I didn't listened to any previews too ^^ neither the live). I'm satisfied with the results =D

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 2585389)
As I donīt want to read through 15 pages and there is no information summary in the 1st post.
Are tehre different covers like with A Best/A Ballads?

Yes.

So far, two have been revealed. One 3/4 body shot, and one full body with legs.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:16 AM

Oh my o.o
I hope it are not too much different ones, I guess I will buy some HK Versions then later to get all Covers^^

btw wasnīt tehre also a face shot inner Cover somewere?

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:19 AM

I think there might be four total, but who knows, haha. I wonder why they kept this a secret.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:20 AM

I know this 2
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3...8780494988.jpg

Is there more available allready?

freedreamer 19th December 2010 01:22 AM

arhhh resist!!!! I downloaded it but havent heard the new tracks. Here there's so much love. In the review thread, there's more hate. And the hate there is really... X.X lol...
but I'll live on the beautiful side. Cant wait to hear the new sounds!

though I honestly dont understand why each album Ayu creates will lead people to inevitably compare to her previous wan. Better or worse. If they are rather different, shouldnt they compliment? I mean, to me, Ayu is the only artiste where I will not split up her albums and then make a seperate copy for myself. I do that for every other artiste whenever they release a new album...and I'will just select the best and burn it into another CD with past hits. just not for Ayu :)

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 01:25 AM

I feel like the music on this album is very detailed...It is very interesting to listen to because of all the changes in the music. For the first time in a long while, I am actually interested in listening to the music and individual instruments, other than just Ayu's singing and the entire feel of the song.

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:31 AM

Those are the only ones that people have taken photos of, yeah.

Kazeyomi 19th December 2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michan (Post 2585391)
Good luck :D, and don't worry it's a great album. You won't regret =D. I almost cried while listening some songs =D (I didn't listened to any previews too ^^ neither the live). I'm satisfied with the results =D

This makes me mooore excited *_* I want my copy, now!

hsienko 19th December 2010 02:04 AM

My new favorite ayu song is Thank U. Best thing she's done since Born to be...

jbrat2219 19th December 2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsienko (Post 2585445)
My new favorite ayu song is Thank U. Best thing she's done since Born to be...

Yo... for real, is like Born to be...? :luv2

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 02:10 AM

^Yea, I can definitely see that. It has that same hopeful feeling.

truehappiness 19th December 2010 02:13 AM

I'd say it's got that sort of inspirational feel to it, but it doesn't have the Olympic feel that Born To Be... does. Maybe more like an extra encouraging version of ANGEL'S SONG? Haha.

I've heard that the arrangement is also very deep.