Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Translations (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   "All Night Nippon" Translation----Important (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3466)

masa 12th January 2003 07:38 PM

"All Night Nippon" Translation----Important

I've just finished and uploaded the translation of the radio program, "All Night Nippon". Though it was broadcasted about four years ago, I believe it's one of the most important articles to understand her. And I've sometimes thought it very regrettable that foreign fans cannot read it, while every Japanese fan can read it very easily in a fan site. It is quite rare that she is talking about her past and her private life so openly. And it is quite rare, too, that a mere radio program is so impressive. If you find any unnatural parts, please inform me.

LINK

ayu_ready78 13th January 2003 12:13 AM

Thx for the translation of the article Masa.

Grantith 13th January 2003 01:57 AM

That is amazing! Thank you so much! You must have worked so hard on that. Thank you thank you thank you!

kawai 13th January 2003 02:54 AM

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

I was so astonlished to see such a detailed and natural translatioon from you!

This article is really insightful. I think this deserve to be on sticky for a few days.......

Arigato!

boogieordie 13th January 2003 03:05 AM

Thank you so much!! that is really amazing.. Ayu is such a wonderful and unique person, and incredibly wise. I was suprised to hear a 20 year-old say some of the things that she was saying. This has to be my favorite thing she said from there -

"Well, so, I've never thought I'm great. And I always think and say that Ayu is greater than no one and no one is greater than Ayu. Even if there is a person who has a very high position, who is very rich, or who is not, Ayu never has a measure in myself to judge who is greater than me or who is not. And I hope I will always be what I'm now."

It's simply amazing. Thank you a million times over for translating this. I think that all Ayu fans should read this.

Ashley

destiny_ayu 13th January 2003 07:22 AM

Thnx for the translation:thumbsup

Sakura_Drops 13th January 2003 09:13 AM

Thanks for the translation.

EdenZone 13th January 2003 10:18 AM

wow.... truely..

SurrealDreams 13th January 2003 01:49 PM

Yes, this is legendary.

Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us, masa. Its incredible. Ive finished reading but I'm still amazed. It must have took a long time for you to translate this. Thank you.

One thing I want to know, whats this 'Voices in a city'?

Vadise 13th January 2003 07:02 PM

hmm.. i think it's just the radio part.. i mean to make things more interesting they made a dialogue between a man and a woman with the city's sound as the background to represents the feelings of the community ^^

just an opinion of mine

Delirium-Zer0 13th January 2003 11:34 PM

WOW THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I've had an mp3 of this radio broadcast for soooo long and never knew what she was saying! Now i know and... wow! Thaaannnkkk yoooouuu. ^_^

nmskalmn 14th January 2003 03:39 AM

Thank you for making this very important document available to us masa.

I wish I knew how to explain how i feel after reading this. What a remarkable human being Ayumi Hamasaki is.

I wonder if Ayumi and Natsuki are still friends...

AyuRlz 14th January 2003 11:00 AM

i will try to read this article slowly.. because my eyes got tired after staring at the article for a long time... thanks again, masa!!!!

masa 14th January 2003 11:53 AM

You are welcome.

To: SurrealDream
"Voices in a city" is the voices gathered randomly in some cities, such as Shinjuku, Shibuya, etc. Then, who interviewed the people? I think it was some staff of "All Night Nippon." Because if the staff of avex had interviewed, they would have gathered the comments more favourable to Ayumi. Btw, can you believe that she was told to be stupid-like or a copycat of Kahara Tomomi four years ago?

To: nmskalmn
If you look at the end page of the leaflet of each album carefully, you will find the name of Natsuki in that of the first, second and third album. But her name isn't written in that of the fourth and fifth album. It is whispered among Japanese fans that their friendship ended around the time of her creating the third album, and I suppose so, too. But it's not certain and it's really a private matter of Ayumi, so I didn't write about it clearly in my own article.

Piccolo 16th January 2003 12:06 AM

Wow, that is a great translation !! Thanks so much !!!

SanChan 16th January 2003 10:09 AM

i agree with everyone above about that article. it is very intresting. i have several magazines where ayu was interviewed, but i can only read hiragan, and not katakana or kanjii. in anycase i think that ayu does have a good head on her, and wnats to be who she is. she doesn't want to play to anyone.

kazuni 16th January 2003 01:39 PM

Thank you so very much for the very detailed translation masa, I must say that we do really appreciate your effort to bring this piece of article / radio show to us ayumi fans. This is definitely something that I would spend time on reading :) my school monitor is not that pleasant for reading text ( i m using the small linux lab (17" monitors) instead of the 3dmax lab that has 22inch monitors) so i'm gonna print this all out :)! thanks again for this great effort masa!

immature_brian 21st January 2003 03:36 AM

good job Masa-kun! The translation is fine. Ayu is really someone. An inspiration, an idol, and a teacher. I feel sorry for her past life and grateful for her present self.

)-(eavenayu 22nd January 2003 06:48 AM

thanks for your great effort to make this known to all ayu fans:D

xEvox 25th January 2003 04:42 PM

oooo no wonder ayu is such a tough woman........ thats why i will always support her...