Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106145)

jbrat2219 18th December 2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2585060)
Every Ayu album except for LOVEppears, MY STORY and Secret was better than the one before for me, now this takes the cake as being the best pop album I have ever heard, and I'm serious about that, the only better album I can think of is X-Japan's Art of Liffe -and that's not a pop album.

Art of life is sooooooooo good....

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY COPY OF LOVE SONGS! It's in shipping in process mode :D Does anyone think they'll ship tonight?! :tired

If I got Love songs here tomorrow.... :thud

lumieregrl 18th December 2010 06:09 PM

*dances to Thank U* :yes

Pieces_of_SEVEN 18th December 2010 06:28 PM

can I finally ****ing post?
OMG THIS ALBUM IS GOLD

noisy_harmony 18th December 2010 06:33 PM

well, from unheard tracks I love Thank U and November. only. Thank U is a masterpiece, already my favorite from her happy-uplifting-for fans songs, melody sounds heavenly. November is just beautiful.

I won't give full review or opinion after listening to the whole album once, but I can say already Love songs and Rock'n'Roll Circus are on the same quality level. They had good potential but would have been more polished, rather cannot surpass her older albums. I think in my personal fight Love songs wins though.

two latest albums' minuses and pluses (it's still my opinion):

Rock'n'Roll Circus:
- bad singles, non-single tracks are way better
+ some non-single tracks definitely stand out, not only in the album but in her whole discography imo (like Don't look back and Sexy little things), giving very unique vibe
-/+? typical Ayu's album transition and tracks' flow, album divided into rock part, ballad part, happy part, concert ending song part etc. etc.

Love songs:
+ one of her greatest singles in whole career
- non-single tracks are worse, but just a bit worse than singles, but that's because they're in similar/the same genre; most of them doesn't sound like they'll stand out for Ayu fans in the future
+/-? great flow, but... can we talk about flow here? I don't know about you, but for me the whole album is in one genre and style, songs have the same tune. It's her first 'concept' album since... RAINBOW? and RAINBOW had some songs which stood out from its genre (Heartplace for example).

I think Love songs' sound is more familiar to my tastes regarding to Ayu, but... hard to judge right now. Though since I'm enjoying it more right now than R'n'C I give it a higher note. I have to say that some of new songs here sound rather like fragments of different songs put together and that's why I liked only 2 songs. I don't know whether TK's composing is doing it here or something else.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 18th December 2010 06:40 PM

I just made sending mail my ringtone. FIERCE and IN YOUR FACE song.

isthisLOL? 18th December 2010 06:47 PM

This album makes me wanna get married even more than I already want to haha
From what I read in lyric translations it looks like the album tells the story of being single -> searching for love -> finding love -> overcoming a few problems together -> marrying, and it's done so beautifully!

koumori 18th December 2010 06:49 PM

DO IT AGAIN :heart :heart :heart

gah, beautiful beautiful. ; _____ ;

Pieces_of_SEVEN 18th December 2010 06:50 PM

November :heart

love in music 18th December 2010 06:51 PM

I just woke up and listening to the new songs and holy ****. all of these songs sound like some kickass a-sides.. I am blown away.

ayumint 18th December 2010 06:51 PM

I love all tracks !!!!
sending mail, November,Like a doll are AMAZING!!!!

miki_beland 18th December 2010 07:13 PM

well.. here is my review of the new songs of the album:

1. Love Song. It's a strong and powerful starting of the album, not as much as with Microphone, but it's a pretty cool song, with a lot of energy. mark: 9

2. Sending Mail: this was just such a surprise. I'm in love with this song, it reminds me of Malice Mizer. It has delicious arrangements and perfect voice. And kind of "vampiric" sound with those organs too.. mark: 9.5

3. Insomnia: it's a pretty interlude, but I prefered the other ones. mark: 7

4. Like a Doll. The first time I listened to it, I didn't like it as much as the rest of the album. But now that I've listened to it more times, I'm in love with it! 7.5

5. Aria. What a beatiful interlude! ^^ It's so sweet and peaceful, I love it! mark: 8

6. Thank U. This song is one of my favourites (maybe the most). It has the old ayu sound... it reminds me of the Memorial Address era with Angel's song, Greatful days,... and it's similar to Rainbow's "everlasting dream". The best voice on the whole album, it's like it was recorded 7 or 8 years ago. And the "lalala" will be so good for concerts... mark: 9.5

7. Overture: another beautiful interlude, as good as aria. mark: 8

8. Do it Again: I didn't watch the short version, so this was the first time I listened to the song. It has some kind of ballad/trance mix, I love it. And very good voice too. mark: 9

9. November: if you're going to listen to this song for the first time, please do it reading the lyrics. It's such a beautiful combination... and the ending sentence is so moving... good vocals and perfect arrangement! mark: 9

Mark for the whole album: 8.5 maybe? I can definitely say that this is better than Rock'n'Roll Circus, NEXT LEVEL, Guilty and Secret! (in my opinion, of course =P)

I hope you all will enjoy the album as much as I did!

love in music 18th December 2010 07:15 PM

you know.. there is not a single track on this album I don't love. this is a first for an ayu album for me. even (miss)understood, which was originally my favorite, had a few I was underwhelmed by but this whole album is just.. wow.

jbrat2219 18th December 2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2585083)
This album makes me wanna get married even more than I already want to haha
From what I read in lyric translations it looks like the album tells the story of being single -> searching for love -> finding love -> overcoming a few problems together -> marrying, and it's done so beautifully!

Wow that's a really interesting way of looking at it! I love this album even more now <3

Pieces_of_SEVEN 18th December 2010 07:31 PM

Like a doll :heart

koumori 18th December 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2585095)
I just woke up and listening to the new songs and holy ****. all of these songs sound like some kickass a-sides.. I am blown away.

I thought some of the album tracks were better than the singles :tipsy

love in music 18th December 2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 2585118)

I thought some of the album tracks were better than the singles :tipsy

true, but I mean these album tracks are on the level of some of her most amazing single a-sides (not necessarily associated with this album)

Picaflor 7/4 18th December 2010 07:45 PM

once again, ayu manages to release an album where I love the album tracks, but hate the single tracks.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 18th December 2010 07:47 PM

I just can't stop listening to this album! lol
Anyone else hear a little of Catcher in the Light at the beginning of Thank U?

StarSUCKER 18th December 2010 07:51 PM

Oh look, I can finally get AHS to load again.

I love it. The flow is amazing--the entire album plays coherently. And the full tracks I hadn't previously heard...loving them. Really happy with this album. :heart

tokyoxjapanxfan 18th December 2010 07:52 PM

This album instantly become one of my favorite albums.

Like, seriously, I don't dislike anything on it... Thank U is so full of happiness! I love it! And November is beautiful! And sending mail! Fierce!

I'm going to be a mess at CDL... haha

TK did me proud.