Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New ballad single coming soon! (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120796)

Zeke. 16th October 2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3099952)
^I think you're getting "Winter" and "Christmas Spirit" mixed up. Winter isn't heart warming. lol

Lol they are synonymous for me. Once again, winter ballads are not ballads released in winter. They are songs that evoke the feeling of winter and hbya does not do that. You can listen to it on a summer evening and get the same feeling. However, no way to say and etc, those are songs that you can't truly experience correctly unless it is winter time.

Even though MOON wasn't released in winter, it does give off a somewhat similar feeling. Listen to it in the winter at night and you will know what I mean. It does a much better job at imitating the feeling of the moon in winter time than spring/summer (actually best is during autumn when air is chilly and sun is setting and moon is out).

Surreal17 16th October 2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3100026)
Lol they are synonymous for me. Once again, winter ballads are not ballads released in winter. They are songs that evoke the feeling of winter and hbya does not do that. You can listen to it on a summer evening and get the same feeling. However, no way to say and etc, those are songs that you can't truly experience correctly unless it is winter time.

Even though MOON wasn't released in winter, it does give off a somewhat similar feeling. Listen to it in the winter at night and you will know what I mean. It does a much better job at imitating the feeling of the moon in winter time than spring/summer (actually best is during autumn when air is chilly and sun is setting and moon is out).

nice :D
This comment makes me love MOON even more. I also associate different moments with different songs.

Heavenly 16th October 2014 07:37 PM

I want something with acoustic guitar... the kind of song you can listen to when your wrapped up in a fleece cover , next to the fireplace.

BlackSilence 16th October 2014 08:11 PM

^i wouldn't mind something like "sweet scar", which has acoustic guitars in it. i don't know why but it always makes me think of winter's misty roads in a setting sun, or a walk in a wintery forest....

orangeakira 16th October 2014 08:13 PM

I'm not sure if this technically counts but my favorite "winter" song is appears. When's the last time she had a non-ballad winter song?

Tom Punks 16th October 2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3100026)

I agree with everything except about MOON. Well, I agree MOON is more evocative of autumn. But I don't find it wintery at all. :P

Stuff like how beautiful you are, Ivy, etc. doesn't fall into the "winter ballad" category at all for me. I'd say her last winter ballad was You were... unless I'm totally forgetting something that might have come after it.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 16th October 2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3100061)
I'm not sure if this technically counts but my favorite "winter" song is appears. When's the last time she had a non-ballad winter song?

Bold & Delicious maybe? Feel the love?

Zeke. 16th October 2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Punks (Post 3100070)
I agree with everything except about MOON. Well, I agree MOON is more evocative of autumn. But I don't find it wintery at all. :P

Stuff like how beautiful you are, Ivy, etc. doesn't fall into the "winter ballad" category at all for me. I'd say her last winter ballad was You were... unless I'm totally forgetting something that might have come after it.

I feel MOON works in winter as well. If snow is still and air is calm. At night and stars are out. Where as, something like No way to say works at night but when there's a slight wind in the air and it is snowing. Especially if the wind picks up during the chorus pieces; I melt of bliss when that happens. Days works best in winter day time, with snow but also nice when sun is out and the snow is glistening. Momentum is good for more dreary winter atmosphere. Something a little more aggressive and heavy snowy wind gusts.

hayasaki 16th October 2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3100061)

I honestly believe that merry-go-round/feel the love are winter songs which are not ballads. I'm not sure. Maybe because of its release date. It was winter when the single was released and I had so much memories during those days. So yeah, the feeling that these songs invoke to me whenever I hear them is winter.

orangeakira 16th October 2014 11:03 PM

Meh, I don't really get the winter feel from either of those songs (Feel the love/merry go round). Just because they were released in the winter doesn't mean they are intended to be winter songs. If that's the case then my real favorite winter song is Rule because it was released in February. :D

Tom Punks 16th October 2014 11:12 PM

^ They feel like winter songs but not like winter songs if you catch my drift... They totally sound like winter releases to me though, just not specifically seasonal. :P

DogboyShugo 16th October 2014 11:12 PM

Most likely a December single, maybe Christmasy

maururu-roa 17th October 2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Punks (Post 3100070)
Well, I agree MOON is more evocative of autumn. But I don't find it wintery at all. :P

Totally agree! If songs were seasons, MOON would be autumn. :luv2

ストロボ・EdGE 17th October 2014 04:13 PM

I'm happy about a potential new winter ballad, but I'm really dreaming of another summer ballad like the HANABI's or SEASONS.

Was Sunset the last one? It's more midtempo but still.

Erikku 20th October 2014 03:36 AM

I really hope for a positive Xmas ballad!! So excited!

clover_bali 20th October 2014 04:47 AM

i hope 'A WINTER BEST' compilation album :)

Chris85 20th October 2014 06:03 AM

I miss her Secret Christmas lives...
Ayu wrote today that she'll be recording and shooting since next week. She tells us to wait for the best winter ballad.

Violently Happy 20th October 2014 09:14 AM

I hope she makes another ballad like Dearest, Moments, or HANABI!

Linza-mo 20th October 2014 12:32 PM

In her latest TA message she write that the recording will start the next week end a shooting is also planned =)

Surreal17 20th October 2014 01:45 PM

Can't wait! Hoping for something more darkish. Definitely not Days ep II.