Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Chat-Room (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Is Ayu famous where you live? (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95912)

MiiSan 10th November 2009 02:32 AM

Is Ayu famous where you live?

In your country does Ayu appear on TV, magazines, newspapers etc? Do usually people know who Ayu is when they see her?

...or you're like one of the very few who at least heard of Ayu?

Here in Romania, Ayu is, like the rest of J-Music, veeerryyyyy underrated http://i37.tinypic.com/2aewmlz.jpg
There are some anime fans that heard of Ayu because of Inuyasha and liked Dearest, and others who listens to Asian Music (like me) and listens to Ayu at least once in a while, but there are really few. ._.

Spoiler:
If this kind of thread was created before this, sorry, the search box again won't work for me :(

Ayumi27 10th November 2009 03:07 AM

NO!
I would say not even 1 every 100,000 people in my country even know her by name

Embleu 10th November 2009 03:12 AM

Only the Asian people listen to Asian music here. =P One of my friends who lives in Los Angeles, California, says that the girls in his school "worship Ayumi Hamasaki" (they're like all Asian or something, though.) In my city (which is in central/northern California BTW), I know only one guy who's heard of Ayu (as far as I know), and he's Asian too.

This is kinda off-topic, but I'm the only person I know, Asian or otherwise, for whom Ayu is the only Asian artist I listen to. With everyone else, Asian artists are like a package deal, lol. You listen to one, you listen to 'em all just because you're interested in Asian culture, ha ha.

pommy48 10th November 2009 03:14 AM

Nope, the ones that probably answer yes are probably asian countries lol

I wish people knew ayu >_< No one to talk about my interests with haha

Kazeyomi 10th November 2009 03:34 AM

Nope

In Italy (and in the rest of western countries, I guess) few people listen or even knew J-music and Ayu :shrug
Visual-kei, J-rock and Johnny's are mooore famous among female japanese lovers here.
Ayu seems more loved by boys here (with Kuu, Namie and Hikki) :D lol

YuriChan 10th November 2009 03:37 AM

Hell nah! I live in a country where she is unheard of. :P

Paparazzi 10th November 2009 03:48 AM

not really. i live in new jersey, but since my school has japanese class and stuff, familiarity with japanese culture is not uncommon in my school ... so within my school she is maybe a C-List celebrity. like Heidi Montag maybe.

AyuRox 10th November 2009 03:54 AM

Hahaha..hahaha...ha...haha...haaaah... You're funny. Is she popular where I live? HA! Absolutely not. I'm more than likely the only high-schooler, at least, who even knows about her existence in my county... She's as good as nonexistent here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Embleu (Post 2151507)
This is kinda off-topic, but I'm the only person I know, Asian or otherwise, for whom Ayu is the only Asian artist I listen to. With everyone else, Asian artists are like a package deal, lol. You listen to one, you listen to 'em all just because you're interested in Asian culture, ha ha.

^Me too! Ayu is the only Asian artist I listen to. XD

and @ Paparazzi: [OT] I wish my school had a japanese class :( All my school offers (and every school in my state, for that matter) offers is Spanish and American Sign Language (although I don't think ASL is statewide). Ugh... no offense, but I just don't like Spanish. And I don't wanna take ASL because a lot of colleges don't accept it. So I'm gonna end up taking French at the college across the street from my school.

ownsarai 10th November 2009 04:00 AM

No.
I've only met a few people here that know anything about Japanese music.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 10th November 2009 04:02 AM

Many Asian people know her, but don't really follow her, or just know her name... but that's about it xD

nanakopy87 10th November 2009 04:19 AM

i think yes,in my country...
just not so obsess with her :D

jiarongisme 10th November 2009 04:44 AM

She's actually kinda big here in Singapore. Ayu's one of the very few J-Pop singers who gets promoted around here. Promotion as in CMs and posters and whatnot. :yes

Miduhyo 10th November 2009 04:51 AM

I live in Arizona, US and (like the majority of post I've read) is that no, she's not famous. There are those people who like anime and have heard of her through that but except for that... no they dont' know her. Which is so sad cause she's really an inspiration... :(

Crystal_Ageha 10th November 2009 05:02 AM

No. Not at all, hah..... :( (I currently live in the North Eastern US - Pennsylvania, to be exact.)

tinka69 10th November 2009 05:04 AM

No, thank god, because is she was I would be put off completely.

Lee^ChaN 10th November 2009 05:06 AM

Although i live in Indonesia, people don't know about her..
except for those who are obsessed with Japanese stuff..

Aderianu 10th November 2009 05:20 AM

No
only people who watch anime or listen japanese music know her

PinkShinigami 10th November 2009 06:42 AM

Not at all.. Off course she's known in the anime-fan circle, but that's all, no "normal" people knows her. XD

love in music 10th November 2009 07:16 AM

no, i'm in california

Aditmi Krisnasaki ~II~ 10th November 2009 07:30 AM

yes..
we even have the fan site forum here at Indonesia...
forum.ayufreak.com...^^