Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores II (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120934)

Delicious n Bold 8th December 2014 05:03 AM

If ayu (and 99% of jpop) always recycle their stuff, why can't namie recycle her 90s stuff...
Or why can't ayu recycle her old 90s stuff. I'm waiting for the sequel to whatever and immature. Waiting. Waiting...
TK better serve 90s globe trash realness with walk. He better give us the sequel to departures.

orangeakira 8th December 2014 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3108165)
If ayu (and 99% of jpop) always recycle their stuff, why can't namie recycle her 90s stuff...
Or why can't ayu recycle her old 90s stuff. I'm waiting for the sequel to whatever and immature. Waiting. Waiting...

That could definitely be a title to an ayu song. "Waiting..." as long as it's in English (or romaji), one or two words, and is followed by an ellipse. You got yourself a song title. :P

freedreamer 8th December 2014 05:08 AM

there's an interview about the single
http://109news.jp/entertainment/20141206/16413/?detail

hope someoen can translate it :D

Delicious n Bold 8th December 2014 05:09 AM

She'll call it "waiting..." and it'll be like together when... recycled or something. A step up of recycled song usage however. I'll give ayu props for that.
Oh no we should play guessing games to see what our fave singer will recycle next.

RealLight 8th December 2014 05:41 AM

Er... what's this? e.e

If this has anything to do with one of the songs, i don't know how to feel about it... but the part at 1:00 onwards sounded really nice.

artcika 8th December 2014 06:34 AM

^i don't think it has anything to do with anything. i've seen simmilar video before by the same people i think. They just take whatever random crap they find lol i really hope this is nthin like the actual songs lol

kotora 8th December 2014 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeakira (Post 3108160)
Fixed it. ;D

It's probably going to be something like this.

Zutto... -Days mixed with momentum. Typical winter ballad part 84.
Last minute -No idea but I have a feeling it's going to feel like No way to say.
Walk - Red Line mixed with Life, mixed with My all, mixed with Seven days war. Typical concert ending song part 6.

Last minute gives me feeling like Memorial Address mixed with (Miss)understood.

Btw, any group purchase the teamayu special version? I want to get the teamayu version... any help?

Sunrise 8th December 2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toniayu123 (Post 3108140)
^ A card with an access code to download the sinlge, they can be bought at mu-mo and TA shop

Interesting. Thanks!

I just thought it was a paper card tucked in the CD like those trading cards some first press CDs sometimes have haha.

orbitalaspect 8th December 2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3108168)
She'll call it "waiting..." and it'll be like together when... recycled or something. A step up of recycled song usage however. I'll give ayu props for that.
Oh no we should play guessing games to see what our fave singer will recycle next.

Waiting When...

I'm going to bet that my favorite singer, KOKIA, recycles her music like she always does. And that's exactly how I like it. I hope she just gives us another normal KOKIA record... because it's been two damn years since the last and I've had a very hard breakup since then so I fucking need it.

Aderianu 8th December 2014 09:39 AM

photo of "Feel the love" single CD and music cards

need to say that they didn't work outside of Japan. I used proxy to get content and that was only songs in m4a format

Aderianu 8th December 2014 11:43 AM

http://i.imgur.com/KgUrbjN.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HgKYFXS.jpg

tsumekaze_ 8th December 2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3108167)
there's an interview about the single
http://109news.jp/entertainment/20141206/16413/?detail

hope someoen can translate it :D

I'll do it in two hours I think :)

hayasaki 8th December 2014 01:02 PM

I'm a bit confused. I already made my order for this single on TA Shop and i'm planning to purchase a regular version from a cd shop as well. I just tried reading the items again on TA and i just noticed that the standard package which is the CD only plus the B2 Poster doesn't have the "limited version for fanclub" text beside it. I got worried that the CD i ordered won't have the fanclub version cover. :/

Anyone?

Aderianu 8th December 2014 01:06 PM

^regular edition come with poster, fanclub ver. not

so if your order with poster - it's not fanclub ver.

hayasaki 8th December 2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3108217)
^regular edition come with poster, fanclub ver. not

so if your order with poster - it's not fanclub ver.

Thanks for the answer Aderianu. I thought that as long as I buy from TA shop, it'll automatically be the TA version.

waterballoon 8th December 2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3108204)

gurl is high on 'em brownies

AyuWorld 8th December 2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3108204)

Dont like this and reminded me of one of the Moon/Blossom cover :o:o

Zeke. 8th December 2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Fixed it. ;D

Last minute -No idea but I have a feeling it's going to feel like No way to say.
Walk - Red Line mixed with Life, mixed with My all, mixed with Seven days war. Typical concert ending song part 6.

If this is the case then it would certainly be one of her best singles EVER in my mind.

maxikot 8th December 2014 02:53 PM

In the interview i see "Last minute" going with rock-ayu, a hint?

tsumekaze_ 8th December 2014 03:17 PM

^ It is the rock ballad. Seems that it is out of this world and shows the true worth of ayu. Something which would make an ayufan go like "I've been waiting for THIS".

I'm translating but there are bits too difficult for me =_= it is going to take time XD

pepper 8th December 2014 03:29 PM

ayu rock ballad can be ANYTHING. she can go along with "Memorial adress" vibe or she could just think "momentum" is a rock ballad lol.

freedreamer 8th December 2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3108228)
^ It is the rock ballad. Seems that it is out of this world and shows the true worth of ayu. Something which would make an ayufan go like "I've been waiting for THIS".

I'm translating but there are bits too difficult for me =_= it is going to take time XD

take your time!! I'm really looking forward to it :D

hidekirby 8th December 2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3108223)
Quote:

Fixed it. ;D

If this is the case then it would certainly be one of her best singles EVER in my mind.

And it would be my WORST nightmare coming to life ;p.
Like the supreme anxiety haha.

Akutenshi 9th December 2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekirby (Post 3108344)
And it would be my WORST nightmare coming to life ;p.
Like the supreme anxiety haha.

Oh god, same here. I really hope it's not as generic as those descriptions make it sound. I still have hope.

Zeke. 9th December 2014 02:31 AM

Let's put it this way; I'd rather have a so-called "generic" ayu-style song, in a style that is consistent with the ayu-genre she cultivated and created herself, over a "generic" american-mainstream flop like Angel, XOXO, and or Feel the love.

orbitalaspect 9th December 2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3108401)
Let's put it this way; I'd rather have a so-called "generic" ayu-style song, in a style that is consistent with the ayu-genre she cultivated and created herself, over a "generic" american-mainstream flop like Angel, XOXO, and or Feel the love.

I might just get out of my seat, put on my shoes, get in my car, drive to a bar, buy a drink, and toast to this.

artcika 9th December 2014 07:07 AM

^^same! lol Colours was enough for me. No more EDM please. there's plenty of EDM crap these days already. I loved Angel but i got borred of it really quickly lol In general the whole album just got boorring real fast for me. That album is probbably one of the most borring ones i've heard from Ayu. There isn't one song in there that i would end up listening again. i'm just so done with it lol

they need to give us previews already, i cannot handle i anymore lol

freedreamer 9th December 2014 08:59 AM

I hope previews come out this weekend!!! 10 days before the single makes perfect sense :)

Delicious n Bold 9th December 2014 10:07 AM

let's not bash feel the love. That song really has the ayu edge with it's nostalgic verses.

Aderianu 9th December 2014 01:59 PM

little textless cover

http://i.imgur.com/o9IBvHT.jpg

Chris85 9th December 2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 3108220)
gurl is high on 'em brownies

OMG, I can't believe I'm saying it, but she does look like junkie on this photo (or lonely granny in a mental institution)! LOL
What were they thinking?
I like other photos though, if I ignore her infamous fish lips.

Coelacanth 9th December 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3108468)
let's not bash feel the love. That song really has the ayu edge with it's nostalgic verses.

+1

Feel the love is textbook ayumi.

Anyway, she needs to hurry up and release previews. We need a distraction so that people stop trying to make this Utada cover happen.

jbrat2219 9th December 2014 04:29 PM

If people wanted generic ayu as they claim, LOVE again would have gotten a lot more love than it had. I personally love that she's branching out, trying new things and having fun with it. I will never put down a catchy bop I can dance to all day ;)

Matt_rq 9th December 2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3108502)
OMG, I can't believe I'm saying it, but she does look like junkie on this photo (or lonely granny in a mental institution)! LOL
What were they thinking?
I like other photos though, if I ignore her infamous fish lips.

I'm not a fan of that photo too, I think she look like a girl physical assault by and she is grabbing her dress up. I say it because It looks that way, it's a strange photo.

Tom Punks 9th December 2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 3108519)
If people wanted generic ayu as they claim, LOVE again would have gotten a lot more love than it had. I personally love that she's branching out, trying new things and having fun with it. I will never put down a catchy bop I can dance to all day ;)

I've never thought LOVE again was generic Ayu tbh. It doesn't really sound like any of her previous efforts aside from a little bit like a cheap Love songs ripoff. Everything sounds like it was made in FL Studios or TK-can't-compose-for-shit influenced. One thing I've always loved about Ayu is the dramatic, lush arrangements in her music, and that was just absent in LOVE again even though it tried so hard lulz.

I see generic Ayu more as, idk, Party Queen. A little bit of dance-y pop stuff, some of the usual rock, a dramatic ballad, and 1-2 weird experimental tracks like she tends to like to do.

I also like Party Queen WAAAY more than LOVE again. But I like Colours too. I actually see Colours, track by track, as almost a return to form after LOVE again lol.

KarenPang 9th December 2014 06:09 PM

B2 sized poster given as external bonus item

http://avex.jp/ayu/discography/detail.php?id=1009092

maxikot 9th December 2014 06:20 PM

This poster is fantastic, her best since long time.

love in music 9th December 2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrat2219 (Post 3108519)

I love LOVE again. I want another LOVE again again.

Oh.. but please don't name it that ayu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenPang (Post 3108544)

Pretty! I want.

Aderianu 9th December 2014 07:21 PM

I'm so happy it's not cropped as cover

Refix 9th December 2014 07:45 PM

Love the full version!

Aderianu 9th December 2014 09:12 PM

⇒ Shaped sticky note
http://i.imgur.com/MJM8KOkl.jpg

⇒ A5 Notebook
http://i.imgur.com/2uocmDBl.jpg

Eewyi 9th December 2014 09:21 PM

If shipped via air mail, will I still get my poster from CDJapan? I've sometimes experienced cases where I have bought first press/bonus edition [being a poster] and then not getting it.

Aderianu 9th December 2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eewyi (Post 3108562)
If shipped via air mail, will I still get my poster from CDJapan? I've sometimes experienced cases where I have bought first press/bonus edition [being a poster] and then not getting it.

it does not depend from shipping method
but if you going to preorder it right now, you will not get poster, it's no longer available

Delicious n Bold 10th December 2014 02:15 AM

I'm glad I made that impulse purchase to buy this single now lol

freedreamer 10th December 2014 07:49 AM

seems like theres some introduction of tracks next Wednesday

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...3f&oe=54F91679

Source: ForAver FB page

AyUmIXx 10th December 2014 10:20 AM

^ yes yes i hope we could hear the new songs toon!
so can't wait!
14 more days!

HTMSD 10th December 2014 10:24 AM

http://blog.mora.jp/release-info/#contentslist_hires

and if you're an audiophiles, don't forget that mora.jp will also release the Hi-Res audio (usually the 96khz/24bit FLAC) of "Colours" and this single.

ayu_ready? 10th December 2014 11:36 AM

I want the poster

pimenta 10th December 2014 12:31 PM

I'm glad I chose the TA version with the notebook, looks cooler.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eewyi (Post 3108562)

Really?? o_o You should have received the poster if it really was first press no matter the shipping choice. Unless you ask for it to be shipped in plain envelope, because then they won't send the extras iirc (not sure if they still have this option, it's been ages since I last ordered there).

~angel*ayumi~ 10th December 2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimenta (Post 3108655)
I'm glad I chose the TA version with the notebook, looks cooler.

Same here^^ Altough the sticky notes look pretty cute^^

freedreamer 10th December 2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTMSD (Post 3108643)
http://blog.mora.jp/release-info/#contentslist_hires

and if you're an audiophiles, don't forget that mora.jp will also release the Hi-Res audio (usually the 96khz/24bit FLAC) of "Colours" and this single.

wait what? they are releasing the single a week earlier?

Coelacanth 10th December 2014 02:35 PM

i can't believe no previews yet. i don't think we've ever been this close to a release date without any snippet.

HTMSD 10th December 2014 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3108659)
wait what? they are releasing the single a week earlier?

Yes, they'll be release the single a week earlier...
In both 320 Kbps mp3 and 96Khz/24bit FLAC in mora.jp

Personally with this digital release a week earlier, I don't have any hope of the physical single sales anymore, even with their massive promotion on facebook and LINE. Some audiophiles in Japan will buy the songs in digital than buy the physical CD and ripped it in regular FLAC (which is only 44khz/16bit).

freedreamer 10th December 2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTMSD (Post 3108669)
Yes, they'll be release the single a week earlier...
In both 320 Kbps mp3 and 96Khz/24bit FLAC in mora.jp

Personally with this digital release a week earlier, I don't have any hope of the physical single sales anymore, even with their massive promotion on facebook and LINE. Some audiophiles in Japan will buy the songs in digital than buy the physical CD and ripped it in regular FLAC (which is only 44khz/16bit).

omgosh thats really soon! AWESOME :D but i guess digital sales matter in this date too. The company saves cost producing CDs too i guess

artcika 10th December 2014 03:29 PM

still no previews? man are they teasing the dogs lol

I think it's more likely to sell better in digital anyways than in physical copies.

Aderianu 10th December 2014 03:36 PM

can we buy from mora.jp?

artcika 10th December 2014 04:34 PM

apparently AYu's having vocal lessons..... https://www.facebook.com/ForaverClub...126508/?type=1

HTMSD 10th December 2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3108676)
can we buy from mora.jp?

I've tried to buy some Utada Hikaru's song using my credit card that was issued by Indonesian Local Bank, but it was declined. Yet, my friend whom has a Credit Card issued by HSBC is accepted. So, it's based on your luck.

I was thinking about buying the "Colours" album that's going to be released in HD 96khz/24bit in mora.jp, but since each HD track is sell at amazing price (514 Yen/track, will be cheaper if bought entirely album together), I don't think I can afford to get all the tracks all together :no

maxikot 10th December 2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3108680)
apparently AYu's having vocal lessons..... https://www.facebook.com/ForaverClub...126508/?type=1

That's great. I can't wait to hear results.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 10th December 2014 06:48 PM

why would avex be OK with this? I'm like YAY we can get the songs sooner, but more importantly, I'm annoyed that it will affect sales. LIKE WTF

HTMSD 10th December 2014 08:11 PM

Just lurking at mora.jp website, singles with 6 tracks with AAC-LC 320 kbps format is usually sell between 926円 to 1,234円, with each track price is 257円 (usually it will sell cheaper than the physical CD version). Yet the FLAC 96.0Khz/24bit is sell for 540円 each track, and the 4 tracks bundle (for example, miwa latest single)) is sell for 1,600円 (which is a bit higher than the physical CD release).

If it only released on mora.jp first, the physical CD sales will not really affected, assuming the price is only a few cheaper than the physical CD with higher quality. And you'll also getting the booklet, CD, maybe a poster, and something to "touch".

But, that's only IF avex didn't release the Hi-Res audio a week earlier. People who think about audio quality will thinking about buying the Hi-Res audio even if it priced more and doesn't mind if they'll not getting the booklet and others.

And then, the case will be really different if avex also release the single on the iTunes a week earlier, and worldwide. The price is cheaper (1.25USD/7000 Indonesian Rupiah/250円 each track), and the files bought from iTunes is much easier to share than the DRM protection from mora.jp files. If this happen, the single physical sales really doomed.

Personally, I'd like to see if the physical CD sales is also good on the chart. My suggestion for avex is just release the Hi-Res Audio weeks later if avex want to rape their fans' money more. Also, release the digital music on the same day with the physical CD release without earlier announcement, not week earlier.
This kind of strategy has been used by sony to make their favorite artist's physical single sales dropped drastically on chart (LiSA and SCANDAL for example).

Unless ayu will make a special handshake event for 30,000 people at once, and the handshake ticket was on the CD's first press release.

Only avex and ayu know their best decision. In this kind of era, not so many people will bought physical CD except for quality and collector-wise.
And I heard, music bought digitally is giving more money to the artist, the label doesn't need to make some budget for printing the booklet and CD.

Well, just my random opinion (with awful English grammar too), so don't take it seriously.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 10th December 2014 08:36 PM

I agree about physical CD sales decreasing for various reasons, but I just wish that the charts counted all types of digital downloads. I want an ACCURATE sales count.

love in music 10th December 2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

I 100% support this.
Also she looks super cute <3

ayuinh.k? 11th December 2014 02:58 AM

Quote:

Just did some research on the vocal coach Lis Lewis, she trained linkin park, gwen stefani, britney spears and rihanna.

NintendoHTF1242 11th December 2014 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? (Post 3108751)
Just did some research on the vocal coach Lis Lewis, she trained linkin park, gwen stefani, britney spears and rihanna.

lol

Pieces_of_SEVEN 11th December 2014 04:24 AM

What's this about a perfume and maybe Christmas ornament themed after this single?

Matt_rq 11th December 2014 04:36 AM

Oh Avex... I hope it does not affect physical sales of the single. But I wonder if this happen with other artist and if this affect their sales, for example namie´s last single... anyone?

Delicious n Bold 11th December 2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Dear lord...

Refix 11th December 2014 08:57 PM

I understand Gwen, Brit and Riri but Linkin Park? Did she teach her how to scream or so? lol

TheRainbow 11th December 2014 09:08 PM

I would think the vocalist from Linkin Park, out of all them, need the most vocal training with the amount of strain he puts on his voice haha

She's also trained Colbie Caillat, Demi Lovato and Miguel. They're not necessarily my taste, but not bad vocalists.

Aderianu 11th December 2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refix (Post 3108843)
I understand Gwen, Brit and Riri but Linkin Park? Did she teach her how to scream or so? lol

Chester scream for so many years and still didn't lose voice

artcika 11th December 2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

"vocal lessons" just went out through the window lol

Chris85 11th December 2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

I hope she has the balls to say "Ayu, you scream half of the time. Drop it dear! Let's learn how to sing" :-D

love in music 11th December 2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Excitement gone.

hidekirby 11th December 2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 (Post 3108755)
lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold (Post 3108762)
Dear lord...

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3108849)
"vocal lessons" just went out through the window lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by love in music (Post 3108855)
Excitement gone.

:D
Haha I also kinda gave it a second thought after reading her profile on twitter!

I also found it a bit "stupid" to take the exact same teacher as the big american pop stars... like they were no other options for her, no better coach... It has to be absolutely this one... I guess it makes her feel like a big name too. Or the teacher is one of the best (maybe and that is what I hope).

Still proud she seems to be serious about her voice because it's really what matters the most. (... and she really needs it!!!)

LEOyumi 12th December 2014 12:21 AM

Rihanna has a good voice live, and with the amount of alcohol and drugs she does, it takes a pretty good vocal coach to make up for it lol
Anyways, I think her live vocals are pretty good lately, let's see if this is gonna change something.

Larisa-chan 12th December 2014 01:29 AM

I'm interested to hear how her voice will sound after her lessons :D

Delicious n Bold 12th December 2014 03:00 AM

Look on the bright side. Rihanna rarely lip synchs.
Britiney is an entirely different story. That's like comparing an apple to the colossus of Rhodes or something. And the Britney Jean controversies. Messy. So maybe this trainer is a hit and miss.

Tom Punks 12th December 2014 07:31 AM

I don't really think the fact that she worked with Britney is indicative of her skill as a vocal coach lol.

I mean, you only have so much to work with in a given person. Not EVERYONE is going to be Celine Dion, no matter how much or how well you coach them.

artcika 12th December 2014 10:41 AM

well we'll see what she can do with Ayu, hopefully.

Also the utada song that she did. Her voice sounds a little like it did in that verbal song....but we never heard it in any other song of hers after....

Aderianu 12th December 2014 12:21 PM

and will not hear until next release or CDL
Zutto<etc> single already recorded

AyuWorld 12th December 2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3108907)
well we'll see what she can do with Ayu, hopefully.

Also the utada song that she did. Her voice sounds a little like it did in that verbal song....but we never heard it in any other song of hers after....

so basically she sounded better when covering other's song or a song in someone else's album :P:P

Magnetics 12th December 2014 05:14 PM

On a wave of happiness from finally joining TA, I've pre-ordered the full package with bonus A5 notebook. Ayu looks stunning! ❤
I hope previews won't disappoint me after a fun-filled time with Movin' on without you. ;)

Pieces_of_SEVEN 12th December 2014 05:39 PM

Given the other people she trained... This seems so far "beneath" her so...I'm just not sure

Coelacanth 12th December 2014 06:22 PM

she's probably just doing vocal exercises with her to help her voice get warmed up before CDL. y'all are acting like she's teaching Ayu how to sing, lol.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 12th December 2014 06:37 PM

well...that's because that's what "vocal lessons" means. Or at least, it's the first thing people are going to think, even if it doesn't make sense. They're pretty much synonymous.

artcika 12th December 2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuWorld (Post 3108916)
so basically she sounded better when covering other's song or a song in someone else's album :P:P

I did not say that xD while i liked the verbal one vocally, i have to say the utada cover doesn't impress me much. It's sounds alright for her standarts. If not a bit artificial, for me. I think the most i was impressed with her vocals was RnR, PQ and LOVEagain to me they sound the strongest in these 3. But i'm just a tastless idiot so xD

Ayusan 12th December 2014 10:35 PM

Almost everybody sound so offended.... if Chester kept his voice after all of those years of singing and screaming, that's only because he has a very strong technique and a very good coach! You can't be a metal singer and have no technique, I could say the same for Corey Taylor or Floor Jansen. That's impossible! Whose who did it got very bad surprise after not even a year. Or more for whose who didn't try the growl, scream and more stuff in their first years. I could name some singers who got great problem because of the lack of technique.

Now I don't know if she still coach Chester. But seeing how he even improve with the years, I prefer Ayu to take lessons from her than the japanese coach she had not so long ago and the result was Ayu singing so bad it was a shame! I just hope she has the balls to tell her : no please stop to sing with that damn very high pitch or stupid cute voice!

artcika 12th December 2014 10:37 PM

i acually love when ayu sounds like an actual WOMAN than a teenage girl trying to impress a sempai lol I mean the best part about Last Angel or Mery-go-round is her lower register. I think the only reason i actually could finally listen to Terminal was her lower voice in it.

Kuronekomi 12th December 2014 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3108967)
i acually love when ayu sounds like an actual WOMAN than a teenage girl trying to impress a sempai lol I mean the best part about Last Angel or Mery-go-round is her lower register. I think the only reason i actually could finally listen to Terminal was her lower voice in it.

exactly!

orangeakira 12th December 2014 11:34 PM

Yeah, people who scream when they sing have a certain technique. They use certain muscles. Like Chester from Linkin Park. There's a way of screaming that lets you do it all day and night without stopping and it won't give you laryngitis and won't make you lose or destroy your voice. It's because they aren't using the same muscles that you use when you actually scream.

Actually they talk about exactly this right in this video.

Brownchild 13th December 2014 06:02 AM

The coach needs to teach her a thing or two about not to open your mouth so wide when you sing. The "ahh"s and "ehh"s after PoM really make her sound strained and old... Also the coach needs to do something the abnormally fast vibrato that Ayu currently uses at the end of almost every word she sings...

artcika 13th December 2014 08:09 AM

^well god forbid the NEXT LEVEL vibrato to comeback....that was the worst she ever had - unnatural to the point of yuck. Her vibrato is pretty natural and quite pleasing to the ears (at least to mine) latelly.

tsumekaze_ 13th December 2014 08:30 AM

I've always liked her vibrato. Sometimes it's very unnatural, that's true, but I feel that it is her distinctive trait when singing! I actually like that she has this kind of particular trait that makes people recognise her as soon as they hear her ^^

Didz-19 13th December 2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3108964)
I did not say that xD while i liked the verbal one vocally, i have to say the utada cover doesn't impress me much. It's sounds alright for her standarts. If not a bit artificial, for me. I think the most i was impressed with her vocals was RnR, PQ and LOVEagain to me they sound the strongest in these 3. But i'm just a tastless idiot so xD

Me too!!!!!:yes:yes:yes

hayasaki 13th December 2014 02:34 PM

I have a love and hate situation with her vibrato. Most of the times they sound pretty
good but there are times when she overdoes them to the point that she's like making a funny parody of herself. Teens from AT2006 for instance.

But correct me if I'm wrong, she doesn't do her "car can't start" type of vibrato these past few years. I love it :)

Zeke. 13th December 2014 03:04 PM

I was never bothered too much by the vibrato either. But then I heard this song/YouTube video of a woman singing an English song with EXTREME vibrato and it really was annoying! So I can understand if the japanese hate it.

artcika 14th December 2014 03:54 PM

man when are we getting any snippets...

!Lawi! 14th December 2014 05:04 PM

^there's no point in listening to the snippets now, if we get the full songs on Wednesday! I'm excited, I like not knowing anything about the song when I first listen to them!

J/TOP2326 14th December 2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artcika (Post 3109145)
man when are we getting any snippets...

i heard about 10 seconds of zutto... . its amazing!!! its on instagram. User: princeofjpop