Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106145)

Max_ZZZ 18th December 2010 10:18 PM

man I'd hate to be that guy but this album is so dissappointing. out of the 6 new songs i love 1, like 2, and can't stand the other 3. half of this album belongs and should have stayed in the zelda game i played when i was like 10.

sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love but ughhh this album makes me cringe. thank god for songs like MOON and Love song

isthisLOL? 18th December 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ (Post 2585263)
man I'd hate to be that guy but this album is so dissappointing. out of the 6 new songs i love 1, like 2, and can't stand the other 3. half of this album belongs and should have stayed in the zelda game i played when i was like 10.

sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love but ughhh this album makes me cringe. thank god for songs like MOON and Love song

Is it funny that the only thing that to me seemed in any way a bit offensive in this post was it seemingly saying Zelda is a game exclusively for children? haha

lumieregrl 18th December 2010 10:22 PM

^lol No album will be loved by everyone. For me, it just happens to have many of my favorite elements of music (strings, synth, etc), and it's a happy collision.

koumori 18th December 2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ (Post 2585263)
sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love

C-c-c-c-combo-breaker! :laugh

Nah, as soon as the sparkles and glitter wear off over the album leaking, people will get more negative. And anyway, you were just honest. Some people will like it, some people won't. :shrug

love in music 18th December 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585268)
^lol No album will be loved by everyone. For me, it just happens to have many of my favorite elements of music (strings, synth, etc), and it's a happy collision.

this! just everything comes together perfectly for me. everything i love about music is in most of these tracks.

My Rainbow 18th December 2010 10:40 PM

The album is AMAZING!

Now, waiting for the PVs and Dream ON

Ranma Matsuri 18th December 2010 10:40 PM

For anyone that hasn't had the chance to grab one, the Limited Edition is in stock again at CDJ. Where are they getting all their copies from? lol

truehappiness 18th December 2010 10:45 PM

I didn't think Rock'n'Roll Circus' reaction could be topped, but wowwwww~

koumori 18th December 2010 10:48 PM

^ Now everyone's hating on RnR Circus :laugh

jbrat2219 18th December 2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 2585289)
^ Now everyone's hating on RnR Circus :laugh

LOL It happens every album release, the album is only good enough until the next one. Or the opposite, the album is a piece or crap, until the next one! Ayu fans like to flip-flop hahaha. :laugh

My Rainbow 18th December 2010 10:56 PM

I LOVE ALL AYU ALBUMS, so I'm the most happy fan :D

AyuGAME 18th December 2010 11:15 PM

^same here...

ayumisrael 18th December 2010 11:25 PM

One word to describe the album - Impressive.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:26 PM

I loved TK's music since I was a child. This album is definitely no exception :D!

kagami 18th December 2010 11:32 PM

This album is fantastic...like wow. I'm not usually one to care about such things, but the flow is incredibly. I love how nearly every song starts with piano. Everything seems so connected...it really is an interesting album, but I think it will take a number of listens to fully appreciate it.
Sending Mail is way more epic than I thought it'd be <3
November is gorgeous, especially towards the end. The only song that didn't make a big impression yet is Like A Doll.

Oh, and I can see that people are gonna complain about the repetition in the album but I think it was done on purpose. It just feels like she's really bringing things home with this album and the repetition is used to make a point-most notably in do it again.

SunshineSlayer 18th December 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 (Post 2585319)
I loved TK's music since I was a child. This album is definitely no exception :D!

I haven't gotten to listen to the new album yet, but this is the reason I am looking forward to it. I love most of the stuff that TK produces; he usually goes quite experimental but still roots things in pop. I thought Crossroads and L were her two best singles of the last two years and its largely because of the TK influence.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagami (Post 2585321)
Oh, and I can see that people are gonna complain about the repetition in the album but I think it was done on purpose. It just feels like she's really bringing things home with this album and the repetition is used to make a point-most notably in do it again.

I agree with you so much! I feel like Ayu listened to the demos TK gave her, and immediately thought of a concept for each song and wrote lyrics that would naturally allow the music to portray the character of each song and what she wants to express.

The repetition in sending mail may be like how someone may write a line, regret it and erase it only to write it again and then repeat without ever sending the mail out.

There is also a wave contour in the pitches of the melody in Like a doll, which could be interpreted as life that doesn't go anywhere while living it without emotion.

kagami 18th December 2010 11:45 PM

^I like reading your posts :)
I know nothing about music so it's nice to get the perspective of someone who does.
sending mail is really interesting-I like how it starts to get harder and messier towards the end. It's kin of like the arrangement is confused but Ayu's voice stays strong and steady. I like the duality of it.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:53 PM

@ kagami - Thank you. I'd also like to say I love how Ayu has really toned down the extended vibrato she somehow developed around the Secret album which I thought was terrible, and now it is used with control this year in R'n'RC and Love songs.

@ SunshineSlayer - That is so right. Most music is usually composed with some sort of direction that would create expectation for the audience, but sometimes TK just tosses in something completely unexpected which I love thinking about (like this little section of tonicization near the end of the phrase leading into the first chorus in November).

Coelacanth 19th December 2010 12:12 AM

I know this could be intentional, but do some of the songs sound unresolved in terms of melody? Particularly 'November', 'do it again', and 'sending mail'

I don't mean the songs sound "unfinished", rather.. I don't know.