Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   15th album partial tracklist info from preorder details (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120074)

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 12:58 AM

A ROCK needs to happen.

These days, I think high digital sales will be the best predictor of what songs make A BEST 3.

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:00 AM

It's kind of a no-brainer IMO. ASFXX's rockish version on A BALLADS ended up great! She'd really have to be into the idea though and have the band at all the recording sessions. No one programming drums or anything, please. I wonder what tracks they'd choose to give a rock edge. (Beautiful Fighters, I am looking at you)

jbrat2219 17th May 2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075480)
It's kind of a no-brainer IMO. ASFXX's rockish version on A BALLADS ended up great! I wonder what tracks they'd choose to give a rock edge. (Beautiful Fighters, I am looking at you)

ASFXX on A BALLADS gives me LIFE!

:banana1

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 01:05 AM

Beautiful Fighters would be great. Didn't she say ANGEL'S SONG was originally supposed to be a rock number? I wonder if there's an alternate arrangement floating around.

Would also be nice to see WHATEVER/kanariya/monochrome in rock form.

marty 17th May 2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075476)
I though Ayu did a pretty good job with A BALLADS in 2003. (and honestly, I think she'd have done new videos for that too, but it was before the era of CD+DVD as a norm) It also comes down to budget and time. I don't know if I'd want Ayu to make new videos for old PVs if she ended up just making them in LA and kind of making people regret that they asked for them.

Ayu singing M with a guitar in front of the HOLLYWOOD sign, lol. (Wait, that'd actually been pretty cool, I messed up)
Ayu did a great job with A BALLADS and A BEST 2! A SUMMER BEST was very good too. She always did good bests (yes, I'm talking about A BEST the infamous first too, lol).

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075482)
Beautiful Fighters would be great. Didn't she say ANGEL'S SONG was originally supposed to be a rock number? I wonder if there's an alternate arrangement floating around.

Would also be nice to see WHATEVER/kanariya/monochrome in rock form.

I think so. It was mentioned in the beatfreak for Memorial address.

Quote:

"ANGEL'S SONG"'s melody really gets at you. The version that came to me from the composer, Yukumi, had more of a rock taste, and more of a sad feeling, but HAL did the arrangement and it really became more of a "UPBEAT HAL!" sort of arrangement... So the song is much closer to what was inside me.
(translated by Delirium-Zer0)

Coelacanth 17th May 2014 01:19 AM

I miss Yukumi... :(

truehappiness 17th May 2014 01:29 AM

I wonder if he was part of the great exile of 2010 when a bunch of her team just vanished.

After Yukumi and H/\L left, it pretty much became the CMJK/Yuta show with maybe one or two other composers.

ayu-michan 17th May 2014 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075479)
A ROCK needs to happen.

:luv2 I have to say I enjoy her rock tracks the most, ayu is good at that shiz. Aside from her ballads I mean.

labello 17th May 2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayu-michan (Post 3075488)
:luv2 I have to say I enjoy her rock tracks the most, ayu is good at that shiz. Aside from her ballads I mean.

I agree. I first became an Ayu fan because of "is this LOVE?". I loved and still love this song so much. I would be so happy to get a new song with a similar sound, I can't really describe it but compared to "1LOVE" and "microphone" "is this LOVE?" sounds raw and different arrangement and composition wise.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to how this album will sound like. I don't care about which producers she worked with although it'll be interesting for me to see what kind of song they did for ayu compared to other artists they worked with.

Zeke. 17th May 2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by labello (Post 3075489)
I agree. I first became an Ayu fan because of "is this LOVE?". I loved and still love this song so much. I would be so happy to get a new song with a similar sound, I can't really describe it but compared to "1LOVE" and "microphone" "is this LOVE?" sounds raw and different arrangement and composition wise.

Anyway, I'm really curious as to how this album will sound like. I don't care about which producers she worked with although it'll be interesting for me to see what kind of song they did for ayu compared to other artists they worked with.

Yeah is this love is very unique. I love it a lot. It does have a kind of rawness. It's kind of a controlled chaos. And that instrument bridge is her best ever as far as rock. Then when the chorus comes in so subtle and quiet, then escalates into one final POW of a chorus. Sooooo good.

Bigtop 17th May 2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 3075485)
I miss Yukumi... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3075486)
I wonder if he was part of the great exile of 2010 when a bunch of her team just vanished.

After Yukumi and H/\L left, it pretty much became the CMJK/Yuta show with maybe one or two other composers.

Yeah, where's Tetsuya Yukumi? I miss him so much!!!

hayasaki 17th May 2014 01:33 PM

Imagine End of the World! Because of You! Alterna! Is this love? (miss)understood! 1LOVE! Talkin 2 myself! Decision! Microphone etc are in one Disc! OMG... that's an explosive one!

njanjayrp 17th May 2014 01:40 PM

If she were to do an A ROCK album, I'd love to see stuff re-arranged as otherwise the compilation has no value to me.

terra 17th May 2014 01:54 PM

^She could include PoM's M in there! Ooh that would be awesome! and the rock version of ANGEL'S SONG!

xLuna&1LOVE 17th May 2014 04:05 PM

I don't care how weird her song titles are... I am so excited for this album!

hamasaki_edwin 17th May 2014 04:38 PM

The best rock re-mix track by far is Ladies Night~another night~. Period.

Daeklei 17th May 2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamasaki_edwin (Post 3075536)
The best rock re-mix track by far is Ladies Night~another night~. Period.

I find that to be pretty generic rock sounding. There's nothing unique about it unlike Ayu's songs that she makes to be rock songs those are awesome!

Nu-NRG 17th May 2014 10:07 PM

Well..there is the mini ep FIVE..so if ayu wants to play with numbers again
The album could really be NOW & 4EVA or.. 4EVA love...once more and at this point I don't know what to think about the track titles...

XOXO (gossip girls?)
:D

Nu-NRG 17th May 2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3075491)
Yeah is this love is very unique. I love it a lot. It does have a kind of rawness. It's kind of a controlled chaos. And that instrument bridge is her best ever as far as rock. Then when the chorus comes in so subtle and quiet, then escalates into one final POW of a chorus. Sooooo good.

Amen!!! is this LOVE and Because of You are my top two ayu rock sounds..