Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123934)

njanjayrp 22nd January 2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3261509)
She's got a serious lack of concert dates over golden week in May, so I'm hoping that those will be added in because I will be their to see Namie at that time and it would be awesome if I could see Ayu again too. :)

I thought I could see Namie or BoA this year, but couldn’t make it to any of their shows as I’d have to sacrifice seeing Ayu...and I can’t take more than a week off this time :shakehead

voltron 22nd January 2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 3261509)
She's got a serious lack of concert dates over golden week in May, so I'm hoping that those will be added in because I will be their to see Namie at that time and it would be awesome if I could see Ayu again too. :)

This. I entered the lottery to Ku's FC tour in Osaka the weekend after Namie, but even if I win those, I would gladly give that up for Ayu tickets someplace no on the total opposite end of the country.

AJFmzk 22nd January 2018 07:23 PM

I hope they add more dates...so far there's only one I could possibly make, and I really want to go if at all possible.

Jenji 22nd January 2018 07:23 PM

Unfortunately I can't attend the saitama dates but I will try to get my hands on a Ticket for the Osaka show.

I am really excited for the show I loved the 2011 PoM. Can't wait to see this years set up.

Sim' 22nd January 2018 08:03 PM

Awwww no more days off for me this year, this announcement happened so fast!!

But I guess it's ok, not a fan of the PoM11, glad I could at least attend chapter 2 & 3 last year. To those going this year: Enjoy!

AJFmzk 22nd January 2018 09:37 PM

How long after the TA-joining deadline does the lottery start? Hoping to have enough time to book stuff without waiting for super expensive last minute costs

truehappiness 22nd January 2018 10:48 PM

I recall that they make it so that you have to have been a member for like a week or something?

Also the global lottery opens a bit later than the other one IIRC... like a week?

This was for late July lottery:

Quote:

You can apply for tickets if you completed registration before Sunday July 23rd, 2017 23:59 and have valid membership after June 2017.

Lord B. 22nd January 2018 11:11 PM

SO excited! Planning to attend both Saitama dates, fingers crossed for all :)

truehappiness 22nd January 2018 11:13 PM

Hoping you all get tickets! I'm sure the show will be fantastic.

ayumi_ed 22nd January 2018 11:16 PM

See if she will add more dates and perhaps a special final in TOKYO DOME

truehappiness 22nd January 2018 11:44 PM

Probably not gonna do a dome or a stadium, honestly. I think domes give her trauma too since last time her ear got worse and she fell into that hole before the first date.

Zeke. 23rd January 2018 12:18 AM

I think for chapter 3 at least the global lottery was at the same time as the Japanese one.

AJFmzk 23rd January 2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261545)
I recall that they make it so that you have to have been a member for like a week or something?

Also the global lottery opens a bit later than the other one IIRC... like a week?

Ah ok thanks. Plane tickets are still manageable prices right now, but obviously can't book anything unless I get a ticket. :p Hoping for April or May

hidekirby 23rd January 2018 12:30 AM

Been quite a long time I didn't post anything!

I'm SO excited by another live with real orchestra :luv2 And I won't even attend haha ! Some of PoM arrangements were amazing.

And the logo is not even THAT bad !

Just hope they will create new arrangements and won't relay too much on A Classical and A7 Classical lazy ones.

truehappiness 23rd January 2018 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekirby (Post 3261552)

I'm SO excited by another live with real orchestra :luv2 And I won't even attend haha ! Some of PoM arrangements were amazing.

Just hope they will create new arrangements and won't relay too much on A Classical and A7 Classical lazy ones.

She was touring for too long, haha. But this is a special one!

I hope they do songs that haven't been rearranged yet. I like songs like M or w/e but we've heard them too much. Do a No way to say rearrange or something.

voltron 23rd January 2018 01:12 AM

I'm imagining at least Yokohama will be added to the list? Has she ever performed at Makuhari Messe? Or are either of those under construction?

I'm really holding out hope for some Tokyo-area arenas to fill in the dates here! I think Made in Japan had about 17 dates, which was down from some other tours (other than Premium Showcase, which was the same as what we have so far, I think - 11).

I wish I could just see her plans!

Zeke. 23rd January 2018 01:20 AM

I wish the Osaka dates were in June instead of July, because those would be the exact dates she was at the same venue, Osaka Jo-Hall, 10 years ago for her 10th anniversary - the first ayu concert I ever attended. Would be so sick to see her in the same venue on the same date 10 years later. But anyway I will probably still try to attend a show there too even if it is 10 years and 1 month later vs. exactly 10 years.

AJFmzk 23rd January 2018 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hidekirby (Post 3261552)

Some of PoM's arrangements were incredible, definitely one of my favorite of her tours. I'm a huge fan of classical music/arrangements so getting to see Ayu with the orchestra would be a dream come true for me.

I second your point about not relying too much on the newer classical rearrangement albums. I have A Classical and really the only standout track on it for me was Love Song. I think I only bought Warning and Last Minute from A7 on iTunes and I haven't listened to them in a long time. A classical version of No Way to Say would be epic if done properly!

truehappiness 23rd January 2018 02:10 AM

I really liked the Out of control mix though.

AJFmzk 23rd January 2018 02:17 AM

^ Just listened to the iTunes preview of Out of Control from A7 and now that I'm hearing it again, I do actually like it. It has a similar, though less forceful, vibe as Love Song from A classical

ayuuk 23rd January 2018 02:18 AM

I bought a7 last year and have been listening to sorrows and last minute. It would be awesome if she performs these two!

truehappiness 23rd January 2018 03:00 AM

Yesss, she needs to bring some of those out.

https://i.imgur.com/9KWU6Vn.jpg

Big one from LINE.

ayuuk 23rd January 2018 03:43 AM

Did anyone buy love classical?
Iirc it was released early 2015. How does it compare to a7 classical?

Yumsushi 23rd January 2018 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261545)

Damn! Even if I register now it's more than 7 days until the 28th....:( there was so much time to do this last time.

AJFmzk 23rd January 2018 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yumsushi (Post 3261567)
Damn! Even if I register now it's more than 7 days until the 28th....:( there was so much time to do this last time.

I think you have until Jan 28 to join TA, and then you can apply for the lottery when it opens. So I think you'd be fine if you join now.

Chris85 23rd January 2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeReSu (Post 3261426)
I'm afraid that Ayu will only sing her greatest hits... again.
Wait and see of course!

Isn't it what everyone expects from anniversary tours? I would be pissed otherwise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LacusClyne (Post 3261443)
Finally!!! Dates are out!

I was already expecting dates for 7th and 8th April, so I'm definitely going. Only thing is, I wonder whether I should stick to what I always do, go Tokyo few days before concert and buy from reseller shop?
Or is it better to join Global TA first and try my luck?

Previously I had gotten block B arena seat for around 6000yen or 2nd floor seats for less than 4000yen, but I'm only bit worried that there will be lesser people selling Ayu's tickets since it's her 20th anniversary which is what most fans are going there for.

Should I take the risk or join TA?

Wow, you were lucky! Usually reseller shops drop their prices this much on the day of the show for leftover tickets. I've never seen such a cheap tickets there. I was lucky enough to buy 30/12 ticket for 4000 yen near arena once.
Saitama super arena is huge, so probably there will be plenty of tickets.

orbitalaspect 23rd January 2018 05:28 AM

So... I'm assuming no new album before the tour in April?

oaristos 23rd January 2018 06:04 AM

That's really exciting and I actually like the logo this time! :laugh
POWER of MUSIC is one of my least favorite of her tours, so I hope she doesn't try to classical rearrangements on the entire setlist... Maybe she just really likes the name and that's why she's recycling it now.

Party_King 23rd January 2018 06:27 AM

I need some help guys...

I really think about to get to Tokyo for the Saitama Shows.
I've never been in Japan before...
Do you think I can manage to get tickets for the 7./8. April if I would buy them in early march or should this be too late?
Also I'm not a TA Member... - so where can I get tickets than?

truehappiness 23rd January 2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3261576)

I kind of assume it will come out just before or just after the anni.

Bigtop 23rd January 2018 07:44 AM

Well, it was about time for the return to Arena Tour! Understandable that Yoyogi is not an option (Olympics), so this is the first time since 2007 (branded as Asia Tour) an Ayu Arena Tour doesn't go to Yoyogi.

But...why is the "POWER of MUSIC" name being recycled? I don't understand about this... And 9600 yen for tickets!? :shakehead

I probably think we might be going back to big Arena Tour productions that we've been familiar of! But I could also speculate they're trying to make up the costs since CD sales are no longer relevant for Ayu in recent times...

~angel*ayumi~ 23rd January 2018 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261549)
Probably not gonna do a dome or a stadium, honestly. I think domes give her trauma too since last time her ear got worse and she fell into that hole before the first date.

Yup, I think I remember that it was said accoustic in a Dome does too much damage to her ear.

Gorgonia 23rd January 2018 11:46 AM

Being my first Ayu performance ever, I don't mind the type of show she does... but if I were to choose I would like to hear the original songs over classically rearranged ones. I loved PoM but I also love her hyped-up shows full of color and cheering. I know I will enjoy it no matter what anyway...

kotora 23rd January 2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxaskh2fm (Post 3261525)
^
A COMPLETE part 2 XD

A COMPLETE ~ POWER OF MUSIC ~
A BEST ~ JUST THE BEGINNING ~

Gustavopc 23rd January 2018 12:11 PM

Imagine the plot twist if there's a new album called POWER of MUSIC lol

kotora 23rd January 2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustavopc (Post 3261615)
Imagine the plot twist if the new album is called POWER of MUSIC

This is what you are looking for.

総数500万枚以上を売上げ、J-POP史上に鮮烈な歴史を刻んだ『A(ロゴ) BEST』の発売から17年―

2月30日、BEST Album + New Album『A BEST 3 + POWER OF MUSIC』緊急リリース決定!!

今作は、シングル楽曲を一切含まず、新たに書き下ろされた新曲の数々で構成され、ayuの深層を抉るような 剥き出しの感情が支配するダークでヘヴィーな新曲を多数収録。

It's a joke.

Gorgonia 23rd January 2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3261617)

今作は、シングル楽曲を一切含まず、新たに書き下ろされた新曲の数々で構成され、ayuの深層を抉るような 剥き出しの感情が支配するダークでヘヴィーな新曲を多数収録。

It's a joke.

February 30... lol

maxikot 23rd January 2018 12:58 PM

I am super excited about this tour. I loved Power of Music so I am hoping that this will be a similar theme but taken to the next level. This is the 20th anniversary and for that, I am hoping for sth special rather than A best - 2. Power of music was, from what I remember, very well received, it stands out the most in Ayu's career (as a concert) and in a very good way so I am all in for both new arrangements of songs and keeping old ones as well. If it's accompanied with good production then I will be more than happy. I also believe that she is fully aware that this is the 20th anniversary and she won't disappoint.

Chris85 23rd January 2018 01:20 PM

Since it's arena, live photos will probably be allowed again.
So there are no concerts in Fukui and Shizuoka this time. Will be added later plus grand finale?

spanishfan 23rd January 2018 01:41 PM

So we have no idea yet when will lottery application starts?

~angel*ayumi~ 23rd January 2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spanishfan (Post 3261629)
So we have no idea yet when will lottery application starts?

Soonest on the 29th January

Andrenekoi 23rd January 2018 02:55 PM

I hope there's no new album until the tour ends. Everytime she releases an album on an anniversary year most of its tracks never get to be performed live.

pedronekoi 23rd January 2018 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3261576)

Well, "A ONE" was announced on February and released on April 8. And then CdM Tour started on April 11. So we still have chance for a new album or a new release at least...

Anyone knows that? My admission will expire on 31-Mar-2018 should I renew it to try the lottery?

KittyKathy 23rd January 2018 04:45 PM

I think she will release a new single on April 8.

Gustavopc 23rd January 2018 05:03 PM

Maybe there'll be a digital single or something, but I'm not expecting it tbh Maybe later in the year

Aderianu 23rd January 2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKathy (Post 3261650)
I think she will release a new single on April 8.

will not mind if it will be poker face ~20th anniversary version~

hud 23rd January 2018 06:17 PM

truly want her to be inspired by Kuu and release two albums at once. a self-cover album and a original one. my dream for this anniversary, though I don't see any of this happening

Raiu-Ayu 23rd January 2018 07:24 PM

I would love her to do a self-cover album with new versions of her hits. That way she'd have the nostalgia appeal but also it would be a little new. It's not like there would even be much work involved; she already has a bunch of different arrangements from tours over the years.

I would love a cover album like what was done for trf, Utada and Globe too. Some other artists would completely nail her songs

DonkeyKongRemix 23rd January 2018 09:54 PM

awww mannnn

I am too happy.

I wish I could stowaway in someone's luggage and appear at one of the shows. <3

hidekirby 23rd January 2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261553)
She was touring for too long, haha. But this is a special one!

I hope they do songs that haven't been rearranged yet. I like songs like M or w/e but we've heard them too much. Do a No way to say rearrange or something.

I know right! Please, new material soon... Even a single will do it for me haha!

She could also go for "jazzy" arrangements like the ourselves/vogue/far away ones or those on ayu-mi-x 7 AO :love...

polka-dot-jewel 23rd January 2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiu-Ayu (Post 3261666)
I would love her to do a self-cover album with new versions of her hits. That way she'd have the nostalgia appeal but also it would be a little new. It's not like there would even be much work involved; she already has a bunch of different arrangements from tours over the years.

I would love a cover album like what was done for trf, Utada and Globe too. Some other artists would completely nail her songs

I would love seeing this. Also maybe having some of those artists, or some in general, appear on various tour dates.

EndOfTheWorld 23rd January 2018 11:28 PM

I am getting excited for this news. It feels great to have something new to look forward to again.:heart
I don't like the logo either. No more pink.:(
It also just looks completely amatuer. There was no thought or design put into it. Just pink, A logo, crown, and 20th anniversary. But still not a big deal for me.
Did not see Power Of Music title coming at all. I don't know what her intentions are to use that title though. Does it mean that it will be Power Of Music Part 2? New arrangements and orchestra like last time? Or is she just using that title because It is a fitting title to celebrate her career?:think

Zeke. 23rd January 2018 11:48 PM

The 0 on 20 is what REALLY throws off the logo. It wouldn’t be SO bad if it was more uniform. For example, the top of the 0 exceeds the top of 2 too noticibly for me. Also, the heart inside is terrible. The 2 has many curvatures, and so the heart should have mimicked that. Instead, the heart looks very stiff, which throws the whole 0 off - too put it simply, it’s like the 2 and the 0 are from two completely different fonts. They do not look uniform at all. Unbearably amateur mistakes - it’s like the creator doesn’t have a “designer’s eye.”

truehappiness 23rd January 2018 11:58 PM

Her logos stopped having the finesse to them after 2008, I think.

AT05 and AT06 were the best.

Zeke. 24th January 2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261678)

I thought 2009 was fantastic though! That's one of my favorites.

Sky High 24th January 2018 01:24 AM

I hope that she will preform Warning from Winter Diary, that was good one.

ayuuk 24th January 2018 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3261680)
I thought 2009 was fantastic though! That's one of my favorites.

I love 2009 too!

orbitalaspect 24th January 2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3261617)

It's a joke.

I literally don't care about anything other than the font on the cover. She can call it MADE IN A STUDIO for all I fucking care at this point. Just press the down arrow on the font box a few more times... please.

kotora 24th January 2018 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3261688)
I literally don't care about anything other than the font on the cover. She can call it MADE IN A STUDIO for all I fucking care at this point. Just press the down arrow on the font box a few more times... please.

https://i.imgur.com/89UBRjN.jpg

njanjayrp 24th January 2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261678)

The NEXT LEVEL logo remains my favorite.

truehappiness 24th January 2018 08:53 AM

I think for NEXT LEVEL's tour I would have liked them to play with the A more like for (m)u.

freedreamer 24th January 2018 11:33 AM

Wait, is it confirmed shes gonna performed those classical renditions? Since everyone is talking abt them

Imagine Power of Music ending up being a compilation of Just the beginning Set2&3 just on a bigger scale LOL

RealLight 24th January 2018 12:43 PM

^ No, we just talking about the possibility of that happening since this tour is also named "POWER of MUSIC"

alternarist 24th January 2018 01:29 PM

I don't really mind the title, it sounds cool. But I would really hate a round stage as per what she did for PoM 2011.

I am hoping for a different setlist, and not just an elevated version of JTB 2017 3rd Chapter.

I am aiming to go for the last date (as of now): 22 Jul as I cannot make it for 08 April. :(

Deep snow 24th January 2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kotora (Post 3261690)

I died.

kotora 24th January 2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep snow (Post 3261730)
I died.

RIP

attractive nausea 24th January 2018 02:06 PM

I made up my mind and i'm def applying for both Osaka dates lol Can't wait for the lottery to start!

pedronekoi 24th January 2018 02:14 PM

I think the logos started to look cheap and boring with the Arena Tour 2012. I hate that so much! And then the recycled logo for her 15th anniversary and then the CDL 2013-2014... But I think the Limited TeamAyu Tour 2015 was a good one!

https://i.imgur.com/KS3ATv0.jpg

jiarongisme 24th January 2018 02:43 PM

I really liked the original HOTEL Love songs logo, before the tour became POWER of MUSIC, and most certainly before it became ^that^ monstrosity. I thought that was classy and premium. Sort of like a part 2 to BEST of COUNTDOWN LIVE.

https://i.imgur.com/6vVTQcb.jpg

YUKARI 24th January 2018 05:21 PM

ayu just posted this in twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUOG9lhVMAAMNTX.jpg

it looks much better with flowers

thesweetseason 24th January 2018 05:31 PM

I'm gonna apply for Hiroshima and Fukuoka. I'm in Tokyo though so I will have to fork out some more cash for the travel. Why is travelling within Japan so expensive? I'm going for 4 weeks so I had to book way in advance and hoped some dates would cross over haha.

Xianghua 24th January 2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiarongisme (Post 3261737)
I really liked the original HOTEL Love songs logo, before the tour became POWER of MUSIC, and most certainly before it became ^that^ monstrosity. I thought that was classy and premium. Sort of like a part 2 to BEST of COUNTDOWN LIVE.

https://i.imgur.com/6vVTQcb.jpg

This logo was so elegant looking. I want more in this style because what we have looks childish to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YUKARI (Post 3261746)

yes, I think the flowers work nice. But I like floral prints in general so...:o

pedronekoi 24th January 2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

We can't even read the name of the tour properly :(

yabieru 24th January 2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3261583)
I need some help guys...

I really think about to get to Tokyo for the Saitama Shows.
I've never been in Japan before...
Do you think I can manage to get tickets for the 7./8. April if I would buy them in early march or should this be too late?
Also I'm not a TA Member... - so where can I get tickets than?

The easiest way to get tickets is joining TA. You apply the lottery, win, pay and pick up the tickets at the venue. Easy xD
If not you have to wait until general sale which is a pain 'cause not all websites accept international credit cards, or they have like periods of time when you can only pay in a conbini, or with japanese card, or with international card, and all is written in japanese. And after buying the tickets you have to pick up in a conbini.

Last year I bought Koda Kumi tickets in that way and well... it was a little confusing xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3261642)
Anyone knows that? My admission will expire on 31-Mar-2018 should I renew it to try the lottery?

I have the same question. My membership expires on March too

xLuna&1LOVE 24th January 2018 08:43 PM

How beautiful... Namie uses blue roses, Ayu uses pink roses.
The font should have been just one color. It annoys me I can't read the text. Why bother then?

polka-dot-jewel 24th January 2018 09:42 PM

I haven't attended an Ayu tour since Global TA started, so I'm unsure of the payment process... Do you pay when you're approved in the lottery, or can you pay upon pickup?

attractive nausea 24th January 2018 10:12 PM

^ You pay immediately once you get the lottery results.

Zeke. 24th January 2018 10:23 PM

I think a fan made that floral version - I saw it on twitter as part of some posted renditions a TA member made.

Sky High 25th January 2018 12:18 AM

This flower logo is better than original one.

rainbow_smile 25th January 2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealLight (Post 3261725)
^ No, we just talking about the possibility of that happening since this tour is also named "POWER of MUSIC"

Didn't she tweet that the orchestra will be there, along with the band etc? I think that kinda implies there will be classical rearrangements ^^

!Lawi! 25th January 2018 01:34 AM

I just want a ballad version of (don’t) leave me alone. I have no idea why, don’t even like the song so much, I just feel the melody would work so well in a slow paced, piano version.

kotora 25th January 2018 04:46 AM

Quote:

The flower pattern makes the logo good but makes the font too busy.

Btw, I guess this time is center stage again?

adrtwb 25th January 2018 05:06 AM

THE Logo looks great in floral print!

Anyone has any idea how does fans get to meet her at the train station?

truehappiness 25th January 2018 05:13 AM

I think they just know where celebs usually go and wait.

Often before or after Ayu arrives, you'll see her staff. That's how some people meet the dancers and stuff. I think some fans have even uhh... gotten their numbers.

adrtwb 25th January 2018 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3261795)
I think they just know where celebs usually go and wait.

Often before or after Ayu arrives, you'll see her staff. That's how some people meet the dancers and stuff. I think some fans have even uhh... gotten their numbers.

Ugh! Wonder if i can be that lucky and get to see her in real! Although i have already seen her once in real. Haha

JinHamasaki 25th January 2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3261748)
I'm gonna apply for Hiroshima and Fukuoka. I'm in Tokyo though so I will have to fork out some more cash for the travel. Why is travelling within Japan so expensive? I'm going for 4 weeks so I had to book way in advance and hoped some dates would cross over haha.

It's not terribly expensive if you purchase the JR pass. Since you'll be in Japan for 4 weeks you can just buy a pass for a week and activate it for your trip to Fukuoka/Hiroshima.

If you won't be traveling throughout Japan and using the JR pass, there are deals on domestic flights (ANA, JAL) for foreigners.

Chris85 25th January 2018 05:23 AM

There are also cheap bus rides. I used company called Willer express for my trip from Tokyo to Nagoya and back.

Bigtop 25th January 2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JinHamasaki (Post 3261797)
It's not terribly expensive if you purchase the JR pass. Since you'll be in Japan for 4 weeks you can just buy a pass for a week and activate it for your trip to Fukuoka/Hiroshima.

If you won't be traveling throughout Japan and using the JR pass, there are deals on domestic flights (ANA, JAL) for foreigners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3261798)
There are also cheap bus rides. I used company called Willer express for my trip from Tokyo to Nagoya and back.

I might not be going to Japan anytime soon, but if I have a lot of bags to carry (and, I mean, two checked bags that airlines typically allow, plus a couple of carry-ons - PER PERSON), then what would be the best way to travel? The shinkansen is great to ride, but unlike the European high-speed trains the baggage storage is quite limited...

Aderianu 25th January 2018 08:49 AM

isn't that rose logo fanmade?

njanjayrp 25th January 2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3261807)
I might not be going to Japan anytime soon, but if I have a lot of bags to carry (and, I mean, two checked bags that airlines typically allow, plus a couple of carry-ons - PER PERSON), then what would be the best way to travel? The shinkansen is great to ride, but unlike the European high-speed trains the baggage storage is quite limited...

You rent a car.

~angel*ayumi~ 25th January 2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtop (Post 3261807)

You can send your luggage to your hotel via transport companys like Yamato.
Also you can send them from one combini to another.

Gorgonia 25th January 2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3261748)

Sames dates I will apply for! We will surely cross paths there :P

~angel*ayumi~ 25th January 2018 12:27 PM

I envy you, Marine Messe Fukuoka is a wonderful location *_* Was there for HLS Tour^^

Gorgonia 25th January 2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3261821)
I envy you, Marine Messe Fukuoka is a wonderful location *_* Was there for HLS Tour^^

I got an apartment nearby for a really good price. I simply hope I can get tickets for both dates. And then Hiroshima.

thesweetseason 25th January 2018 11:15 PM

I have never applied for a raffle before and my TA membership runs out in April. Is the process easy to navigate enough? I got my boyfriend to sign up so I have more than one chance, haha.

I don't know whether I want to do the 5 hour train or the flight. I suspect the trains are very reliable though? That is what I hear.

Can we do a little meetup for Hiroshima? :)

Gorgonia 26th January 2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3261855)
I have never applied for a raffle before and my TA membership runs out in April. Is the process easy to navigate enough? I got my boyfriend to sign up so I have more than one chance, haha.

I don't know whether I want to do the 5 hour train or the flight. I suspect the trains are very reliable though? That is what I hear.

Can we do a little meetup for Hiroshima? :)

Yasss! Hiroshima meetup group ftw

JinHamasaki 26th January 2018 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 3261815)
You can send your luggage to your hotel via transport companys like Yamato.
Also you can send them from one combini to another.

Seconded, fastest and most efficient way! But not the cheapest :)

I paid for Green Class on Shinkansen and never had trouble with luggage (2 checked + 1 carry-on). It can be burdensome to navigate in the station though!

~angel*ayumi~ 26th January 2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesweetseason (Post 3261855)

But be aware that if you win with both accounts you have to pay for both tickets.

Zeke. 26th January 2018 08:53 AM

Do you have to renew your TA membership if it runs out by April or so?

~angel*ayumi~ 26th January 2018 10:09 AM

Good question, I dunno if you need to be still a member when you pick up the tickets.
I am glad my membership rund till July o.o