Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu to appear on FNS festival on August 8 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114227)

jyujiw 9th August 2012 04:37 PM

Good performance and vocals, she seemed pretty happy. =)
Wasn't expecting too much for a summer performance though xD
Strange outfit and terrible dancing to note...

Well, on average, it was quite good, I'm happy to see her again in an TV program after so long s2

Zeke. 9th August 2012 04:59 PM

I read the comments before watching and originally I agreed with everyone who were saying "It has been 10 years since xx song was released, give her a break" and talking about the negativity and complaints regarding her voice and how it's exaggerated. And then I watched the performance...

Terrible.

ExodusUK 9th August 2012 05:11 PM

Just noticed she has four backing vocalists..totally ridiculous.

AyuWorld 9th August 2012 05:15 PM

Timmy looked awkward,maybe too nervous,and he seems didnt really have the chemistry with Yumi (the new one whos replacing Peco) well,i bet if Peco is still around she can play her role well as usual ,lol

love in music 9th August 2012 05:56 PM

Lol honestly I am shocked so many people are saying her vocals are great here. I rewatched it in HD to see if I was missing something and the vocals aren't as bad as the LQ, but still, I think saying they're amazing/great is pushing it. Especially when we heard how much better she could do with PoM.

Oh yeah and what's with all the pelvic thrusts from the dancers? I lol'd.

Cahz- 9th August 2012 07:33 PM

Visually, I liked the performance.
But on the other hand... her voice sounded awful and tired. :(

DevilHunter_04 9th August 2012 09:07 PM

I liked seeing Greatful Days being performed again but Ayu really didn't seem into the whole performances. I'm not sure if I like You & Me though now. It's not a bad song but it's not doing much for me right now. And I was more concerned about what she was wearing. :eyebrow That outfit was bad. And I don't know if it's just me but it seemed like Ayu had a lot more dancers on that stage than she does during her concerts.

axmish87 10th August 2012 12:05 AM

To me it was ok
Nothing more and nothing less
But i am more than pleased by seeing Yumi Kawamura there
That girl has the VOICE <3

*hearT_Place* 10th August 2012 12:40 AM

Her performance was nice. Summer songs are never my favorites (even ones I do like, like INSPIRE, have taken a while to grow on me), so I'm not jumping up and down with glee at the songs she performed, but it was nice. It was great to see her on TV again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emi♡ (Post 2893508)
oh my god. I NEED someone to make me a gif..of the dancing around 2:40 on the youtube link :roflmao Shuya omg.

YES. I had to rewatch that part because the first time I was like "What the...?"
What made it worse (and by "worse", I mean "hilarious") was that they were standing completely still, and then suddenly...:roflmao

If nothing else, You & me is giving us some funny gifs.

isthisLOL? 10th August 2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 2893813)
Just noticed she has four backing vocalists..totally ridiculous.

4 is a normal number of background vocalists. As far as I can tell, Ayumi has one background vocalist for every typical vocal type(Soprano(Peco), Alto(the new woman), and the two guys seem to both be Baritone(or maybe Timmy is Tenor and the other guy Bass/Baritone) from the little attention I paid to them, so they can be used in a more variable way), which is the best way to handle background vocals as it gives you the greatest number of possibilities.

relmy 10th August 2012 12:48 AM

As for the performance, it wasn't great vocally, but she's been so much worse, so I'll take it even though we know she's been doing so much better.

It's just nice to see Ayu performing in a non-concert setting for once.

adantatu2 10th August 2012 01:56 AM

too many dancers o__O

It was a good and funny performance

ohsixthirty 10th August 2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuWorld (Post 2893814)
Timmy looked awkward,maybe too nervous,and he seems didnt really have the chemistry with Yumi (the new one whos replacing Peco) well,i bet if Peco is still around she can play her role well as usual ,lol

what i loved was that the backup vocalists on the right and those on the left were doing completely different dances, lol.

AyUmIXx 10th August 2012 02:32 AM

I've watched the live perfs. her vocal was great!
it's so much fun! i love it! it's very lively.
love her outfit..so sexy..even though the top is the same like in HOTEL LOVE SONGS lols.

あゆちゃん♡ 10th August 2012 03:07 AM

The 4 background vocals were not really necessary and it looked really embarrassed to have that many, because I don't really think she needed that much:o

truehappiness 10th August 2012 03:30 AM

The "SUMMER PARTY" is a 48 hour long stream where they're playing all of her albums, some PVs, and CMs. It's quite fun but a lot of the premium members keep kicking me out. (On Niconama / Nicolive broadcasts, if there are too many viewers, regular accounts get kicked out when premiums come in)

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv102466895

http://puu.sh/Qh6d

Still a little over a day left! Been going on for 13 hours and 97k comments+ posted with over 180k+ people and counting checking it out? Should go up later when people get home in Japan~

Olw---A 10th August 2012 12:57 PM

first i don't see any points to have 4 back up vocals (when u only here a back up track louder than them as usual)...

then the dance... it's all over the place and when they stand and then do their pelvic thing... oMG I saw shuya was so into it I thought he would hurt ayu so hard LOL I was really laughing at loud when I saw this... WTF

concerning Ayu her perf was good tho... I mean not as good as her concert but as good as a TV perf (because it doesn't seem to be a lot prepared vocally speaking)...
and it seems she really had fun so that's the most important and that's why I could enjoy this perf!

isthisLOL? 10th August 2012 01:35 PM

People, stop complaining about 4 back-up vocalists if you don't know what you're talking about. It is perfectly normal and makes perfect sense to have one back-up vocalist for every normal voice type(Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) and Ayumi does just that. It enables her to use every harmony within normal restrictions. If you have 2 back-up singers you are very limited.
Yes, the back-up-track is louder sometimes, but that happens from the audio mixing, which is done by the show, not by Ayumi's team. Many TV shows are very bad at live audio mixing, mainly because it's ****ing hard to mix live for a ton of different artists and set-ups in a row, so even when Ayumi has 4 back-up vocalists, which is perfect, the mixing makes them seem unneeded.

It may look ridiculous, but it's not, you're simply used to people(including Ayumi) doing it wrong by having 2 or 3 back-up singers.

Corvina 10th August 2012 04:00 PM

Just watched it.
Um, my first thought - oh man, such an ugly outfit...
Other than that You & Me was quite nice, though her voice sounded pretty bad on the verses.
Alright... then Greatful days started and all those dancers came on stage....WTF??
It's so ridiculous. The amount for You & Me was just right and then that! :no
Ayu, don't you see the difference? It's too much!
Also her voice did sound really weak for Greatful days, maybe because of the mix.
Cutting after You & Me and it would have been an alright performance for me.
At least Ayu had fun.

marekcarey 10th August 2012 04:08 PM

Her voice was completely all right, use headphones. All you actually complain about is that they made her singing too loud and the vocals sound out of the music thanks to it, so blame the technicians for bad mastering and not her for her singing when it is clear you are not any of those who know anything about the matter.