Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [globe] The 1st Thread: - "10000 Days" best-of album (2022) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23199)

Zesty 15th November 2004 03:23 PM

[globe] The 1st Thread: - "10000 Days" best-of album (2022)

I've kinda just discovered them, and I really like them. I wanted to start a globe thread.

Does anyone else here love globe as much as I do?!
I know nmskalmn, openingRUN and AyuRocks all dig globe....

I bought LEVEL 4, Lights2, and outernet, and they'll be here around Nov. 30.
Haha, I cant wait until christmas this year.

And last night I bought KCO's 1st single.

Has anyone heard 245's experience album?
Cosmic dream is really tempting... :luv2 :luv2 :luv2

http://www.avexnet.or.jp/globe/ globe official website
http://www.avexnet.or.jp/245/ Marc's 245 website
http://www.kco.ne.jp/ Keiko's kco website
http://www.mulligan.jp/ Marc's official website

Listen to the samples they all have, its worth it!!

ImpactBreaker 15th November 2004 03:44 PM

Keiko's voice is so...argh I get goosebumps by her voice when she sings after saying 20th century in genesis of next. And the "she's biting her nels" god it has a strange psychic effect LOL

gogirlanime 15th November 2004 03:59 PM

I just recently got into them too, I'm loving their work! I especially like their songs "Wanna be a Dream Maker" and "Stop! In the Name of Love" they have great trance and eurobeat albums like Ayumi and great PVs, I highly suggest them if you like Ayumi's stuff

Hok 15th November 2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zesty
Does anyone else here love globe as much as I do?!
I know nmskalmn, openingRUN and AyuRocks all dig globe....

Hey, add me to that list too! Although I don't listen to globe much, their trance songs are pretty awesome, like genesis of next.

Biscuit 15th November 2004 06:22 PM

I like their newer trance stuff. Seize the Light and Get it on now are two of my favorites by them. I've listened to a lot of their old stuff and it just doesn't grab me. Oh well. Glad to know they still have fans, though.

p3ayu 15th November 2004 09:38 PM

i love globe! marc is a cutie btw. i have their faces places cd and the kco single but all my globe stuff, i got last year for christmas so i have alot of their stuff on there this year. i'm having globe withdrawl ^^

ImpactBreaker 15th November 2004 09:51 PM

oh yep I have the "get in on now" chorus written in my sig for quite a few weeks.

Zesty 15th November 2004 10:35 PM

haha, Marc IS cute.

and I LOVE get it on now! I have the cd single.
I also have stop in the name of love cd single.
I bet Ive already posted this information elsewhere. :lech

Calico 15th November 2004 10:42 PM

I am definitely a HUGE globe fan. I have their Cruise Records best album, and my mom and I listen to it pretty religiously.

My favorite songs are Wanna be a Dreammaker, Sweet Pain, Anytime smokin' cigarette, genesis of next, FREEDOM, Wanderin' Destiny, SHOCK INSIDE MY BRAIN, and Many Classic Moments. I'm really looking forward to their 10th anniversary coming up!

And Marc is certainly a cutey. :yes

ImpactBreaker 15th November 2004 10:54 PM

hey I never knew the word "cute" was a synonym for scary :laugh

Zesty 15th November 2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker
hey I never knew the word "cute" was a synonym for scary :laugh

Haha, Im so going to hold a grudge. :rolleyes :P

paper_doll 15th November 2004 11:36 PM

I love globe. I liked them for about half a year or so. I haven't heard nearly all their stuff though.

Favourite songs: Out of control (favourite <33), Genesis of Next, OVER THE RAINBOW, Wanna be a dreammakers, Seize the Light, Get it on now, and now Im drawing a blank. Nice -_-

Ayumi_Hamasaki902 16th November 2004 01:07 AM

My b/f was the one who got me into globe when he sent me "Genesis of Next" and then I instantly fell in love with globe and now my favorite song by them is "OVER THE RAINBOW" and I'm getting two more of their albums very soon "Lights" and Lights2".

ll moments ll 16th November 2004 02:15 AM

i <3 globe.

keiko has an unusual voice which grabbed me.
first song i've ever listened was 'genesis of next'.
it's still my fave globe song everrrrr. then probably get it on now!

Ayumi_Hamasaki902 16th November 2004 02:20 AM

Yeah I think right now that "Genesis of Next" is one of the best globe songs ever. But "OVER THE RAINBOW" is starting to become one of the best globe songs for me and I would just love the translation for it if someone could give it to me.

openingRUN 16th November 2004 02:31 AM

globe is awesome, i've been into them longer than i've been into ayu, actually. they were my first jpop love and they're still my biggest. i started to listen to them when the lights/lights2 albums came out, i don't remember when that was but it seems like a long time ago lol. i like their trance stuff most.

what attracted them to me was the fact that they're trancey, and trance is my favorite genre. i also like keiko's voice; it's so versatile for all their style changes. she can pull of anything and i love it.

A-Yukiko 23rd November 2004 01:40 PM

There's some questiones por you, globe fans.
I don't seem to find much information about this band, or even if I do is short and incomplete.
May someone recomend me a really good web page or write something in this thread about:
-When were Globe first joined as a band, and how was it? About '95, right?
-What about Marc? he joined later?
-Are them on tour right now? plannig a new record?
-How is their level of popularity among Asia?
-None of them seem to be very young, what about their ages?

thank you!!!

Zesty 23rd November 2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Yukiko
There's some questiones por you, globe fans.
I don't seem to find much information about this band, or even if I do is short and incomplete.
May someone recomend me a really good web page or write something in this thread about:

thank you!!!

I thought marc was with them since the beginning, i dont know when they got together, i must not be a very good fan. :(

Theyre not as popular as a lot, like ayumi, but theyre cool. skal said their best peak was Faces Places which was like their third album? second? something.

Keiko and TK are married if that says anything haha.
i'd guess they're all late twenties to early thirties?

nmskalmn 23rd November 2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

The debut was in August 1995.

Quote:

They were together from the beginning. I believe MARC was an acquaintance of TK's, KEIKO was found through a talent contest.

Quote:

They are on tour now. The schedule is at this site: http://www.excite.co.jp/music/specia...decade/sch.dcg
I'm not aware of plans for a new album. I think this tour only commemorates the old stuff. YOSHIKI is not touring with them. I guess that work on the 'new globe' will resume after this tour.

Quote:

They performed in Taiwan years ago. I have no idea how popular they are recently, but their peak is over.

Quote:

KEIKO is 32, Tetsuya Komuro is 45, MARC is 34. Last I heard MARC was married too.

p3ayu 23rd November 2004 11:00 PM

noo! marc can't be married! lol but i remember on his website a while ago he was a holding a baby in a picture (maybe his) idk...doesn't surprise me though because he's so hot. lol^^