Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Asian Music Polls (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Bon Voyage vs. Colours (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120483)

Kouyou 19th July 2014 12:44 PM

Bon Voyage vs. Colours

Which album do you prefer and why?

For me, I prefer Colours. I think Bon Voyage is a fun, upbeat, and catchy album, but it didn't really bring anything new to the table for Kuu. I also can't get past some of the Engrish (see: LOL, LOADED) and I really could have done without Sean Paul's contributions to LOADED. Colours was different for Ayu. It's a short album but I enjoy nearly every single track.

Chibi-Chan 19th July 2014 01:04 PM

Colours, Bon Voyage is a bad album imo.

SURREAL__RAINBOW 19th July 2014 01:19 PM

Bon Voyage is koda's worst album and the most forgettable too ughhhhh

Colours anyday

KarenPang 19th July 2014 01:49 PM

Bon Voyage for me . I prefer Colours over LOVE again but it's not my fave ayumi album as not every song is good in Colours especially the mid tempo ballads which I feel is the weak link

On the other hand Bon Voyage is fun . SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA is an enough reason to buy the album solely for it

NintendoHTF1242 19th July 2014 02:00 PM

Bon Voyage is honestly one of Kuu's weaker albums. You know something is wrong when the intro and interlude are the best songs (although I'm a huge sucker for On Your Side).

Colours though... Very well-done album. Ayu's vocals are awful at times but she brought in so many great producers who know how to work around her vocal abilities.

brener 19th July 2014 03:59 PM

Colours.
Bon Voyage lacks great songs and great singles, they souldn't have left strong songs like XXX and IS THIS TRAP? out of it.

~StarCatcher~ 22nd July 2014 11:51 AM

Bon Voyage:yes

pimenta 22nd July 2014 11:59 AM

I think this is the first year I actually prefer Kuu's album over Ayu's, but Bon Voyage is right now my favorite Kuu album, so Bon Voyage wins for me :) (I still like Colours a lot for Ayu trying something new though)

Benikari47 23rd July 2014 11:17 AM

Bon Voyage suffers from the usual Kuu curse, she always insist on recording new versions of past hits and when they don't hit home you just have an album full of mediocre rip-offs. JAPONESQUE is a great example of things done right, most of them actually sound as strong, if not stronger than her past work.

I don't think it's a bad album, just really throwaway.

Colours wins for me cause Ayu actually switched it up this time and it worked for the most part.

chikocchi 23rd July 2014 01:18 PM

I find both albums terrible
However, "Bon Voyage" is less offensive to my ears

DevilHunter_04 26th July 2014 01:07 AM

Colours.

emi♡ 26th July 2014 02:15 AM

Colours...

but both of them are like half albums. Half of the album is fucking shitty as fuck lol

I listened to BV more than colours tho, but I think the few good songs on ayus album are better than kuu's songs musically.

jbrat2219 26th July 2014 02:35 AM

Colours. I was a really disappointed with Bon Voyage after JAPONESQUE :no. But I do love TOUCH DOWN (it's my ringtone!) but being the only song I love on the album pretty much makes BV a dud :(

pimenta 26th July 2014 05:38 PM

am I the only one who thinks JAPONESQUE is a really weak album and Bon Voyage is way better? lol

Tom Punks 26th July 2014 08:25 PM

^ Yes :P

emi♡ 31st July 2014 07:37 AM

man...honestly, comparing kuu albums to me is like splitting hairs lol

rookies 31st July 2014 10:31 AM

Colours

mi|kshake 31st July 2014 09:23 PM

I voted Bon Voyage, although this could change as I listen to Colours more.

Bon Voyage wasn't one of my favourite Kumi albums when I first got it but soon it just clicked and grew on me!

marty 1st August 2014 03:49 PM

Bon Voyage for me!
I think it's such a strong, solid release. Colours is good, but not as good imo.

ALfromHELLSING 1st August 2014 03:55 PM

I really like both, but I like Bon Voyage better.