Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "humming 7/4".... o.O (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23568)

Shiso 27th November 2004 05:35 PM

"humming 7/4".... o.O

Still a rumour... but some people say that it's confirmed by TeamAyu members that one of Ayu's new PVs will be called "humming 7/4".....

Some native english speakers... can someone explain what does this title mean? My dictionary shows only stupid meanings of the "humming" word that don't make any sense... and what's the "7/4"?

If someone knows - please share your knowlegde :P

//hikari 27th November 2004 05:43 PM

humming is when you sing along with the song but don't use words and your mouth is closed ... like when people say "hmmm" that's humming without a tune ... o.O lol

jerms 27th November 2004 05:45 PM

im a native english speaker. the title makes no sense to me. i think she tried to say "24/7" but wrote it wrong. (24/7 = 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) it probably was supposed to mean she's always humming.

walking proud 27th November 2004 05:46 PM

i'm a native english speaker and 7/4 means nothing to me, haha, Unless she meant "24/7", that means all day every day. humming is when you close your mouth and sing a tune.. yeah.. like "Hmmmm hm hmmm hmmm" sort of thing ^^

Delirium-Zer0 27th November 2004 05:49 PM

7/4 = 7 beats per measure, quarter note gets the beat.

Hard to imagine a pop star using this time signature though.

Larisa-chan 27th November 2004 06:03 PM

and then there's always 7/4 which could signify as a date. Perhaps she recorded the song July 4th (or April 7th..)

//hikari 27th November 2004 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0

care to go more in depth?

Delirium-Zer0 27th November 2004 06:17 PM

I suppose....

Most pop songs, you can tap your foot and count "one, two, three, four" along to the beat over and over, and it feels natural. The time signature in those cases is usually 4/4, or four beats to a measure. You can usually tell the start of a measure because the first beat is louder, or more accentuated. (sometimes it's the last one).

Alot of times for ballads it can also be "one, two, three, one, two, three" that you can count. In those cases the time signature is 3/4, or three beats to a measure. If you listen to classical music, Waltzes follow this time.

Time signatures like 7/4 (in this case, you'd probably count "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...") are very RARELY used because they're hard for the casual music fan to follow. 4/4 and 3/4 are very simple. 7/4 I've heard used by underground artists like Tori Amos and classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin.

The definition of music is really just "Organized sound". How it's organized can vary alot, but most techniques that could be used very rarely are.

//hikari 27th November 2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

I suppose....

Most pop songs, you can tap your foot and count "one, two, three, four" along to the beat over and over, and it feels natural. The time signature in those cases is usually 4/4, or four beats to a measure. You can usually tell the start of a measure because the first beat is louder, or more accentuated. (sometimes it's the last one).

Alot of times for ballads it can also be "one, two, three, one, two, three" that you can count. In those cases the time signature is 3/4, or three beats to a measure. If you listen to classical music, Waltzes follow this time.

Time signatures like 7/4 (in this case, you'd probably count "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, One, two, three, four, five, six, seven...") are very RARELY used because they're hard for the casual music fan to follow. 4/4 and 3/4 are very simple. 7/4 I've heard used by underground artists like Tori Amos and classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin.

The definition of music is really just "Organized sound". How it's organized can vary alot, but most techniques that could be used very rarely are.

ooo ok I know what you mean now >.< thanks :) lol got confused there

DarkAyumi 27th November 2004 06:24 PM

Thanks a lot for the clarification, that sounds really cool! I didn't know she knew that much about music, but it could always be a linguistic mistake for 24/7, which is a figure of speech used a lot, meaning "Twenty-Four hours a day, 7 days a week." It could be talking about the constant role that music plays in her everyday life... ^-^
Okay, I know I'm stretching, it could be something totally different. I think the idea of it being a date is a really great one too, ya never know. :)

Delirium-Zer0 27th November 2004 06:29 PM

It's more likely a date than the other two, to be honest. I doubt she'd make an error as big as turning 24/7 into 7/4. 7/24 maybe, but she wouldn't omit the 2 completely. that'd be just silly.

BanFan 27th November 2004 06:45 PM

I think it has to do with the beat thing, not anything with dates.

Hok 27th November 2004 07:35 PM

Could be a major major typo, but I suppose it's July 4, or 4th of July. But I have a thing against using numbers in song titles.

jerms 27th November 2004 08:51 PM

omg i just realized 7/4 really is july 4th. hahaha

_CREA_ 27th November 2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerms
omg i just realized 7/4 really is july 4th. hahaha

I noticed that right away...maybe it's some sort of twisted sequel to July 1st... :laugh

I think that'd be really cool if it was in 7/4 though. I don't think I've heard a song in 7/4, even though I play instruments and have played quite a few screwy time signatures myself, I've never come across it. I'd like to hear a song like that.

Then again, this could just be some weird rumor.

Hazard 27th November 2004 09:26 PM

For an example of a 7/4 song, Gackt's seven is written in 7/4 time.
The first thing I tought of when hearing this song title, I thought of 24/7, so it may be what she meant. Though, the 7/4 time signature and 7-4 date both seem plausible at this point, too. *shrugs* We may never know. =^.^=

Shiso 27th November 2004 09:36 PM

Thanks for all explanations guys!

_CREA_ 27th November 2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazard
For an example of a 7/4 song, Gackt's seven is written in 7/4 time.
The first thing I tought of when hearing this song title, I thought of 24/7, so it may be what she meant. Though, the 7/4 time signature and 7-4 date both seem plausible at this point, too. *shrugs* We may never know. =^.^=

It is? Hm...I'm not sure if I've heard that song or not...but then, if it's Gackt, his birthday is 7/4, so he's obsessed with that anyway. :laugh

I also thought of 24/7 when I saw the title...I thought of basically everything that's been mentioned EXCEPT for the 7/4 time signature. Anything's possible.

This is turning into the 0630 thing again...

Corybobory 27th November 2004 09:59 PM

Ayu is just full of suprises

...and mysteries

sxesven 27th November 2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Indeed, would be very nice to hear Ayu doing that though.