Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106145)

Max_ZZZ 18th December 2010 10:18 PM

man I'd hate to be that guy but this album is so dissappointing. out of the 6 new songs i love 1, like 2, and can't stand the other 3. half of this album belongs and should have stayed in the zelda game i played when i was like 10.

sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love but ughhh this album makes me cringe. thank god for songs like MOON and Love song

isthisLOL? 18th December 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ (Post 2585263)
man I'd hate to be that guy but this album is so dissappointing. out of the 6 new songs i love 1, like 2, and can't stand the other 3. half of this album belongs and should have stayed in the zelda game i played when i was like 10.

sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love but ughhh this album makes me cringe. thank god for songs like MOON and Love song

Is it funny that the only thing that to me seemed in any way a bit offensive in this post was it seemingly saying Zelda is a game exclusively for children? haha

lumieregrl 18th December 2010 10:22 PM

^lol No album will be loved by everyone. For me, it just happens to have many of my favorite elements of music (strings, synth, etc), and it's a happy collision.

koumori 18th December 2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max_ZZZ (Post 2585263)
sorry i'm the combo breaker for all this love

C-c-c-c-combo-breaker! :laugh

Nah, as soon as the sparkles and glitter wear off over the album leaking, people will get more negative. And anyway, you were just honest. Some people will like it, some people won't. :shrug

love in music 18th December 2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585268)
^lol No album will be loved by everyone. For me, it just happens to have many of my favorite elements of music (strings, synth, etc), and it's a happy collision.

this! just everything comes together perfectly for me. everything i love about music is in most of these tracks.

My Rainbow 18th December 2010 10:40 PM

The album is AMAZING!

Now, waiting for the PVs and Dream ON

Ranma Matsuri 18th December 2010 10:40 PM

For anyone that hasn't had the chance to grab one, the Limited Edition is in stock again at CDJ. Where are they getting all their copies from? lol

truehappiness 18th December 2010 10:45 PM

I didn't think Rock'n'Roll Circus' reaction could be topped, but wowwwww~

koumori 18th December 2010 10:48 PM

^ Now everyone's hating on RnR Circus :laugh

jbrat2219 18th December 2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 2585289)
^ Now everyone's hating on RnR Circus :laugh

LOL It happens every album release, the album is only good enough until the next one. Or the opposite, the album is a piece or crap, until the next one! Ayu fans like to flip-flop hahaha. :laugh

My Rainbow 18th December 2010 10:56 PM

I LOVE ALL AYU ALBUMS, so I'm the most happy fan :D

AyuGAME 18th December 2010 11:15 PM

^same here...

ayumisrael 18th December 2010 11:25 PM

One word to describe the album - Impressive.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:26 PM

I loved TK's music since I was a child. This album is definitely no exception :D!

kagami 18th December 2010 11:32 PM

This album is fantastic...like wow. I'm not usually one to care about such things, but the flow is incredibly. I love how nearly every song starts with piano. Everything seems so connected...it really is an interesting album, but I think it will take a number of listens to fully appreciate it.
Sending Mail is way more epic than I thought it'd be <3
November is gorgeous, especially towards the end. The only song that didn't make a big impression yet is Like A Doll.

Oh, and I can see that people are gonna complain about the repetition in the album but I think it was done on purpose. It just feels like she's really bringing things home with this album and the repetition is used to make a point-most notably in do it again.

SunshineSlayer 18th December 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 (Post 2585319)
I loved TK's music since I was a child. This album is definitely no exception :D!

I haven't gotten to listen to the new album yet, but this is the reason I am looking forward to it. I love most of the stuff that TK produces; he usually goes quite experimental but still roots things in pop. I thought Crossroads and L were her two best singles of the last two years and its largely because of the TK influence.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagami (Post 2585321)
Oh, and I can see that people are gonna complain about the repetition in the album but I think it was done on purpose. It just feels like she's really bringing things home with this album and the repetition is used to make a point-most notably in do it again.

I agree with you so much! I feel like Ayu listened to the demos TK gave her, and immediately thought of a concept for each song and wrote lyrics that would naturally allow the music to portray the character of each song and what she wants to express.

The repetition in sending mail may be like how someone may write a line, regret it and erase it only to write it again and then repeat without ever sending the mail out.

There is also a wave contour in the pitches of the melody in Like a doll, which could be interpreted as life that doesn't go anywhere while living it without emotion.

kagami 18th December 2010 11:45 PM

^I like reading your posts :)
I know nothing about music so it's nice to get the perspective of someone who does.
sending mail is really interesting-I like how it starts to get harder and messier towards the end. It's kin of like the arrangement is confused but Ayu's voice stays strong and steady. I like the duality of it.

Kogepan_19 18th December 2010 11:53 PM

@ kagami - Thank you. I'd also like to say I love how Ayu has really toned down the extended vibrato she somehow developed around the Secret album which I thought was terrible, and now it is used with control this year in R'n'RC and Love songs.

@ SunshineSlayer - That is so right. Most music is usually composed with some sort of direction that would create expectation for the audience, but sometimes TK just tosses in something completely unexpected which I love thinking about (like this little section of tonicization near the end of the phrase leading into the first chorus in November).

Coelacanth 19th December 2010 12:12 AM

I know this could be intentional, but do some of the songs sound unresolved in terms of melody? Particularly 'November', 'do it again', and 'sending mail'

I don't mean the songs sound "unfinished", rather.. I don't know.

Kogepan_19 19th December 2010 12:19 AM

@ Coelacanth - It's really hard to explain purely through words because music analyzing really requires the score and markings on it, but I can point out the instance in sending mail which you may hear the melody as resolved.

So in the little bridge from the verse to the chorus, what's developing is an antecedent-consequent phrase period structure. The first time in the bridge feels like there is no ending, and that it should end right before the chorus but then it doesn't end again. This is definitely intentional on TK's part...as it leads RIGHT into the chorus.

The melody of the chorus may to the regular feel like it's neverending, but being able to perceive multiple layers of pitch and in relation to the lyrics, the last syllable of every phrase is sung on a low pitch that coincides with the repetition of the phrase again. That is where the ending, as the melody returns to a previously established focal pitch (and harmony as well) creating a sense of no ending since the phrase is immediately repeating again in a more perceptible vocal range.

What TK does in his music is very, very intentional.

Coelacanth 19th December 2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 (Post 2585354)
@ Coelacanth - It's really hard to explain purely through words because music analyzing really requires the score and markings on it, but I can point out the instance in sending mail which you may hear the melody as resolved.

So in the little bridge from the verse to the chorus, what's developing is an antecedent-consequent phrase period structure. The first time in the bridge feels like there is no ending, and that it should end right before the chorus but then it doesn't end again. This is definitely intentional on TK's part...as it leads RIGHT into the chorus.

The melody of the chorus may to the regular feel like it's neverending, but being able to perceive multiple layers of pitch and in relation to the lyrics, the last syllable of every phrase is sung on a low pitch that coincides with the repetition of the phrase again. That is where the ending, as the melody returns to a previously established focal pitch (and harmony as well) creating a sense of no ending since the phrase is immediately repeating again in a more perceptible vocal range.

What TK does in his music is very, very intentional.

Very informative. Thanks for this.

I'm interested in how she will go about performing this song live, with the chorus being like that.

Pieces_of_SEVEN 19th December 2010 12:33 AM

PERFECT ALBUM.

Sometimes I can't read your posts because your negative thinking gets into my head lol I can't deal with it

Michan 19th December 2010 12:35 AM

OMGGGG!!!! I'm so happy that album leaked =D. I'm still listening =D and adoring Sending email ^_^ it's very anime. Love Song is very good =D and the combination of crossroad and MOON work it out ^^

Kazeyomi 19th December 2010 12:41 AM

Woah I'm login in the forum just now, and there are the leaks. Kinda expected lol.
Oh gosh I must resist :tired MUST RESIST!!111

Luckily CDJ put my order on shipping process, HELL YEAH. I hope to get it asap. Like, Monday :D

Kogepan_19 19th December 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 2585367)
Very informative. Thanks for this.

I'm interested in how she will go about performing this song live, with the chorus being like that.

I noticed a lot of grammatical fragments in my last post, but it's good that my main point was understood lol.

This kind of multi-layering actually happens a lot in Ayu's music though and most of time it's resolved in concerts with the use of a backing track pre-Peco and Princess. I have a feeling it will be up to Peco and Princess though if sending mail does get sung in concert.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:03 AM

As I donīt want to read through 15 pages and there is no information summary in the 1st post.
Are tehre different covers like with A Best/A Ballads?

Michan 19th December 2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koshka (Post 2585380)
Woah I'm login in the forum just now, and there are the leaks. Kinda expected lol.
Oh gosh I must resist :tired MUST RESIST!!111

Luckily CDJ put my order on shipping process, HELL YEAH. I hope to get it asap. Like, Monday :D

Good luck :D, and don't worry it's a great album. You won't regret =D. I almost cried while listening some songs =D (I didn't listened to any previews too ^^ neither the live). I'm satisfied with the results =D

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ (Post 2585389)
As I donīt want to read through 15 pages and there is no information summary in the 1st post.
Are tehre different covers like with A Best/A Ballads?

Yes.

So far, two have been revealed. One 3/4 body shot, and one full body with legs.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:16 AM

Oh my o.o
I hope it are not too much different ones, I guess I will buy some HK Versions then later to get all Covers^^

btw wasnīt tehre also a face shot inner Cover somewere?

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:19 AM

I think there might be four total, but who knows, haha. I wonder why they kept this a secret.

~angel*ayumi~ 19th December 2010 01:20 AM

I know this 2
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3...8780494988.jpg

Is there more available allready?

freedreamer 19th December 2010 01:22 AM

arhhh resist!!!! I downloaded it but havent heard the new tracks. Here there's so much love. In the review thread, there's more hate. And the hate there is really... X.X lol...
but I'll live on the beautiful side. Cant wait to hear the new sounds!

though I honestly dont understand why each album Ayu creates will lead people to inevitably compare to her previous wan. Better or worse. If they are rather different, shouldnt they compliment? I mean, to me, Ayu is the only artiste where I will not split up her albums and then make a seperate copy for myself. I do that for every other artiste whenever they release a new album...and I'will just select the best and burn it into another CD with past hits. just not for Ayu :)

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 01:25 AM

I feel like the music on this album is very detailed...It is very interesting to listen to because of all the changes in the music. For the first time in a long while, I am actually interested in listening to the music and individual instruments, other than just Ayu's singing and the entire feel of the song.

truehappiness 19th December 2010 01:31 AM

Those are the only ones that people have taken photos of, yeah.

Kazeyomi 19th December 2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michan (Post 2585391)
Good luck :D, and don't worry it's a great album. You won't regret =D. I almost cried while listening some songs =D (I didn't listened to any previews too ^^ neither the live). I'm satisfied with the results =D

This makes me mooore excited *_* I want my copy, now!

hsienko 19th December 2010 02:04 AM

My new favorite ayu song is Thank U. Best thing she's done since Born to be...

jbrat2219 19th December 2010 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsienko (Post 2585445)
My new favorite ayu song is Thank U. Best thing she's done since Born to be...

Yo... for real, is like Born to be...? :luv2

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 02:10 AM

^Yea, I can definitely see that. It has that same hopeful feeling.

truehappiness 19th December 2010 02:13 AM

I'd say it's got that sort of inspirational feel to it, but it doesn't have the Olympic feel that Born To Be... does. Maybe more like an extra encouraging version of ANGEL'S SONG? Haha.

I've heard that the arrangement is also very deep.

zellyx 19th December 2010 02:15 AM

I honestly am so pleased with this album. There's not a single song I skip over!!
Well.... I can see Thank U being that song possibly in the future, only because I like those inspirational songs when I'm in a good mood... haha
:)
Will post my review on the review thread shortly.

love in music 19th December 2010 02:48 AM

Yeah, I love "Thank U" SO much! the music in that song is gorgeous and I've had the "lalala"'s stuck in my head all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585403)
I feel like the music on this album is very detailed...It is very interesting to listen to because of all the changes in the music. For the first time in a long while, I am actually interested in listening to the music and individual instruments, other than just Ayu's singing and the entire feel of the song.

:yes agreed! there is so much going on in all of the songs, it's hard for me to get bored. I think this album is going to have a lot of replay value for me.

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 02:56 AM

I've printed out all of the lyric translations and am going to listen to the whole album while reading along. Should be interesting!

freedreamer 19th December 2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

THIS is one of the comments that has made me very intrigued and tempted to listen to the album. I love music that has this intricacy.
somehow I only get this with Electro..
so I really wanna hear what there is in this album MUSIC-wise. esp in a Pop album

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

ah~~ ME TOO!!
the new songs are so rich with different kind of instruments in them...sound nice n never get bored with it :)

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 2585478)
THIS is one of the comments that has made me very intrigued and tempted to listen to the album. I love music that has this intricacy.
somehow I only get this with Electro..
so I really wanna hear what there is in this album MUSIC-wise. esp in a Pop album

I want to say that this album reminds me of some American/British/etc albums as far as music quality goes. It's hard to put into words, but yea, I usually don't want to "pick apart" a Japanese album, although Gackt and X Japan are exceptions. This music quality and style plus the lyrics...the strings...synth...:luv2

(Btw, I wonder what Ayu thinks of us tweeting her about listening to the album when it doesn't officially release until next Wednesday? :innocent)

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:06 AM

^ hahaha i think ayu is totally find with it..haha..
i guess she knows her album somehow has leaked haha XDD

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 03:07 AM

Yea, I'm sure Avex lets her know, but it still makes me giggle. XD It's an excellent way to get free advertising. :)

love in music 19th December 2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585485)
(Btw, I wonder what Ayu thinks of us tweeting her about listening to the album when it doesn't officially release until next Wednesday? :innocent)

:laugh yeah I saw those tweets she replied to about the album and I was thinking how people probably shouldn't comment on that yet but with her replies it doesn't really seem like she minds.

kagami 19th December 2010 03:09 AM

Is anyone else completely blown away by November? I can't stop listening to it, it's so effing amazing. Her vocals are incredible.

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:29 AM

haha it's just liked when avex trying so hard to put down all the avex artists related vids on YT, but then Ayu is the one who recommends the fans to watch her best artists live performance...hahaha..

love in music 19th December 2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagami (Post 2585490)
Is anyone else completely blown away by November? I can't stop listening to it, it's so effing amazing. Her vocals are incredibly.

Yep, it's so emotional and gorgeous, it's also really different sounding for an ayu ballad, she really has no other ballad that sounds similar to this imo.

waterballoon 19th December 2010 04:21 AM

November is like, the worst song on the album imo LOL but maybe I need to listen to it more, but first listen - not impressed.

Zeke. 19th December 2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 2585567)
November is like, the worst song on the album imo LOL but maybe I need to listen to it more, but first listen - not impressed.

It's so good! It's like my fav. The melody is good and it has this slight haunting emotion to it at certain parts. I love it.
Worst song is Like a doll. Hello snoozeville. So boring during the chorus especially. (I don't hate it but it's def. my least fav of the new tracks. Well, actually Love song probably is. Boring too.)

relmy 19th December 2010 04:36 AM

I didn't expect anything, or know what to expect. I was so 50/50 about the singles, I was pretty neutral towards RnRC too.

So when I listened to this album... just woah. Tie between Love Song, November and sending mail for my favourite new track. I think crossroad will forever be my favourite song on the album haha

do it again 19th December 2010 04:40 AM

As someone said, the songs feel really rich. The music is just so good and has so many elements in every single song. It's really hard to get bored of anything, because each time I listen I notice new songs and feel myself getting deeper and deeper into the song.

ストロボ・EdGE 19th December 2010 04:53 AM

Aria should have been a full song.

pepper 19th December 2010 05:04 AM

Love songs are just like MY STORY minus ROCK
lols

lilchan 19th December 2010 05:11 AM

I haven't gotten over Love Song to pay much attention to the rest of the album. 43 plays for Love Song and still going.

pepper 19th December 2010 05:11 AM

Btw, I'm curious if anyone noticed the Backround music in Like a doll, i love this song - but i think this bcg music DONT fit. It feels like broken rip or sth :|?

Zeke. 19th December 2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 2585607)
Love songs are just like MY STORY minus ROCK
lols

So MY STORY without the best parts, plus no track like my name's WOMEN and nothing as epic as Moments.

Lol, still a good album though.

ストロボ・EdGE 19th December 2010 05:26 AM

Was she crying like the whole way through SEVEN DAYS WAR?

do it again 19th December 2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE (Post 2585622)
Was she crying like the whole way through SEVEN DAYS WAR?

It sounds like it. I had a tear or two myself. :weep

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 2585611)
Btw, I'm curious if anyone noticed the Backround music in Like a doll, i love this song - but i think this bcg music DONT fit. It feels like broken rip or sth :|?

co ci nie pasuje? :mischief

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 05:31 AM

yea aura said she cried throughout the performance..
ahh i feel like crying whenever i hear the live version too~

ureal777 19th December 2010 05:34 AM

I don't know how you think, but for me this is the best album in the world of 2010 (so far..) :yes

ストロボ・EdGE 19th December 2010 05:37 AM

Aww I want to see that live!

Like a doll and do it again are my favorites.

SOOO let down by November. The lyrics made me burst out in tears when I read them and after finally hearing the song it's like, That's it? Still hate Last angel too and I couldn't get through Sweet Season at all... and sending mail was horrible. Other than those 4 I love the album~ There's always at least four or so songs I don't care for at all.

love in music 19th December 2010 05:38 AM

it's just hitting me that she released not one, but two extremely amazing albums this year.. :thud 2010 has really been an awesome year for her. I'm so proud to be an ayu fan~

murasakinohana 19th December 2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2585489)
:laugh yeah I saw those tweets she replied to about the album and I was thinking how people probably shouldn't comment on that yet but with her replies it doesn't really seem like she minds.

MY POINT EXACTLY!! LOL!! I posted these thoughts on my FB wall. All these fans are twittering her saying how much the album rocks and weirdly, not even once did she go, 'Hey, the album hasn't even officially been released yet.. How did you guys get the songs!? Did you illegally download it?!' I mean, if you have to, tweet her after December 22nd.. :laugh I know it's trivial but what will she think of us.. :innocent

do it again 19th December 2010 05:42 AM

ok guys make sure when you get your copies you take pictures of them and spam her! :P

murasakinohana 19th December 2010 05:43 AM

^ great idea!!

pepper 19th December 2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2585625)

co ci nie pasuje? :mischief

ok. 40 sekundy jest w tle melodia podobna do Duty ktora brzmi troche jakby byla żle dograna <: ale kawalek i tak świetny.
i btw, nie wszystko MUSI mi pasować ;>

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 05:45 AM

Well...just listened to the entire album while reading translations along with it...I teared up but didn't really cry until November...then cried nonstop through to the end of the album..Oh my. I will write a review tomorrow. Ayu is the best. <3

do it again 19th December 2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 2585638)
ok. 40 sekundy jest w tle melodia podobna do Duty ktora brzmi troche jakby byla żle dograna <: ale kawalek i tak świetny.
i btw, nie wszystko MUSI mi pasować ;>

nagle melodia sie zmnienia i suchajac blisko, jest to troszeczke nie "sklejone" najlepjej. ale kocha ta pioseke! jak lalka~

tak, musi albo nie jestes prawdziwem fanem!!!! :P :P

napewno popelniam mnostwo bladow ale nigdy nie pisze po polsku! przebacz.
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585640)
Well...just listened to the entire album while reading translations along with it...I teared up but didn't really cry until November...then cried nonstop through to the end of the album..Oh my. I will write a review tomorrow. Ayu is the best. <3

aww~
and were u the one who sent her that tweet?! that pic was so interesting! kind of reminded me of an ayupanxbratz doll lol!

pepper 19th December 2010 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2585649)
tak, musi albo nie jestes prawdziwem fanem!!!! :P :P

are you loosing your mind or sth? i just wrote that i dislike the bcg music that is twice in the song, but it's still an amazing track and you're saying I must love everything or I am not a true fan? where is my god now :tired

but i don't want to argue or sth, but lol.
and you don't have to write in polish if you don't feel comfortable, but it's quite good.

do it again 19th December 2010 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepper (Post 2585653)
are you loosing your mind or sth? i just wrote that i dislike the bcg music that is twice in the song, but it's still an amazing track and you're saying I must love everything or I am not a true fan? where is my god now :tired

but i don't want to argue or sth, but lol.

lolol it was a joke :P i thot the :P :P helped 2 make it clear

pepper 19th December 2010 06:07 AM

^ okay xD i forgive you :D

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutieismylife (Post 2585649)
aww~
and were u the one who sent her that tweet?! that pic was so interesting! kind of reminded me of an ayupanxbratz doll lol!

lol Yes, that was me. I made a version of each cover, but that one was definitely the best of the lot. I thought she looked like one of those goth girls. XD

legends_asallas 19th December 2010 06:23 AM

I had to join up when I heard this album

fantastical magical wonderful flawless *_______*

kendelle 19th December 2010 06:41 AM

I can't say enough how much I love this album *_*

I love the 80s anime OP sound of sending mail xD, this album really feels like a perfection to me. I haven't felt this much love for all the songs on first listen since RAINBOW!!!

I'm simply dying to get my copies now ^_^ I ordered the CD only from Play-Asia too lol

Kingdom 19th December 2010 06:45 AM

oops I posted in the wrong thread :angel

I love the album a lot! Like a doll and sending mail are sooo good :heart

sanzo2011 19th December 2010 06:47 AM

Just finish listening to the album ! i don't like most of the new tracks except for Love songs and Like a doll ! I myself find R'n'r circus better but i'm glad that most of people on AHS love this album !^^!

kendelle 19th December 2010 07:03 AM

I just realised how many people say they cried through the album. I must be some kind of freak then, I only got a little teary through SDW lol.

I don't think Ayu wants us all bawling our eyes out over her songs xD Unless she's evil and feeds off of our tears or something... :innocent

ayumint 19th December 2010 07:08 AM

assume that if sending mail is opening theme song for Tales of Xillia, it would be the most perfect opening for tales series!! i loved it!!!!!

love in music 19th December 2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendelle (Post 2585697)
I just realised how many people say they cried through the album. I must be some kind of freak then, I only got a little teary through SDW lol.

I don't think Ayu wants us all bawling our eyes out over her songs xD Unless she's evil and feeds off of our tears or something... :innocent

I got teary in November and SDW because she just sounds so sad in them.

Coelacanth 19th December 2010 07:30 AM

Reading the lyrics while listening to 'November' is an amazing experience.

...and I love this David Reitzas dude, he's a great mixer. He needs to be involved in any song of hers that involves a string section.

kendelle 19th December 2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2585708)
I got teary in November and SDW because she just sounds so sad in them.

I felt it in SDW, for sure! I guess because the live version is just that much rawer in emotion. If I was there seeing her sing this live I would have been crying a lot :(

njanjayrp 19th December 2010 07:38 AM

I like all the songs so far. Like a doll didn't turn out the way I expected it, but I like it, while sending mail turned out to be way better than I expected. do it again is still so-so, I'm liking November and Thank U better. As for SDW, I usually love her live vocals, but this wasn't good enough to be on the album, they should've stick to the Original mix.

Yum!Fruit_Salad! 19th December 2010 08:32 AM

I think I might actually be in love with Love songs. It's been two years since I've really liked anything as much as GUILTY.

Finally a great Ayu release :weep

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 08:33 AM

Okay, I lied and posted my review now. (Wth, 3 hours have gone by since I started writing it??) *hopes EMS comes quickly* I can't wait to hold this album in my hands. lol

SunshineSlayer 19th December 2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 2585351)
I know this could be intentional, but do some of the songs sound unresolved in terms of melody? Particularly 'November', 'do it again', and 'sending mail'

I don't mean the songs sound "unfinished", rather.. I don't know.

In many ways, that is a stylization that TK likes to use and it can take some getting used to. His songs used to be fairly common structurally, but seemed to get quite a bit more experimental from the late 90s on.

I've also noticed that his songs from the 00s on tend to be "growers." Often I just think they are OK on first hearing, but after a few listens I start realizing how brilliant they are. It's happening with the title track Love Song already; on first hearing I thought the song was just ok, but I'm already liking it more and more. Same thing with Virgin Road and Crossroads too actually.

I'm glad that she did an album with him because working with her same composers over and over again I did feel that her sound was actually getting a bit stale (even though her sound is constantly changing, you could usually listen to a track and actually predict who was the composer of it.)

pepper 19th December 2010 09:07 AM

I feel like Love song might be a song for me, that I will listen through years like NEVER EVER, M, Rainbow etc. This song... just got THIS.

lilchan 19th December 2010 10:01 AM

The performance on BEST ARTIST 2010 made me fall in love with Love Song even though I already heard the full song, but the power she put into the performance, and the scream had me sold.

reminds me of my experience of MY ALL(I htink I am one of the few people who care about that song) where it grows on me and I start repeating it nonstop.

Love Song is already at 103 plays..and growing.

and in regards to ayu being mad of the album leak, well considering that the album got to AyuChina, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have reached other fans...

love in music 19th December 2010 10:12 AM

does anyone get reminded of MW in some parts of sending mail? I swear sometimes I get confused and think I'm listening to MW for a few seconds lol. this is not a bad thing though as I love MW.

MissElin_ 19th December 2010 10:15 AM

I have just gave the album like 4 listens as far. I like it. It's a good album. I'm not superamazed over something just yet. I really really like do it again. :heart Now I'm off to listen for this whole day.

Corvina 19th December 2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 2585733)
[...]for SDW, I usually love her live vocals, but this wasn't good enough to be on the album, they should've stick to the Original mix.

I agree, I would prefer the original mix as well.
Ayu is crying trough the whole song and of course her vocals suffer because of that. It is really nice watching the concert or actually being there, but as a bonus track?? Out of all coherence?
Not a good idea imo. Guess I replace it.

njanjayrp 19th December 2010 10:42 AM

^ exactly, not seeing it live might be cool, but listening to her crying isn't that appealing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer (Post 2585777)
In many ways, that is a stylization that TK likes to use and it can take some getting used to. His songs used to be fairly common structurally, but seemed to get quite a bit more experimental from the late 90s on.

I've also noticed that his songs from the 00s on tend to be "growers." Often I just think they are OK on first hearing, but after a few listens I start realizing how brilliant they are. It's happening with the title track Love Song already; on first hearing I thought the song was just ok, but I'm already liking it more and more. Same thing with Virgin Road and Crossroads too actually.

I'm glad that she did an album with him because working with her same composers over and over again I did feel that her sound was actually getting a bit stale (even though her sound is constantly changing, you could usually listen to a track and actually predict who was the composer of it.)

I agree and I love the way the melodies are unpredictable, the only thing that would make the album sound even better would be the arrangements, cuz I don't think some of them did justice to TK's compositions.

lilchan 19th December 2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by identity (Post 2585832)
does anyone get reminded of MW in some parts of sending mail? I swear sometimes I get confused and think I'm listening to MW for a few seconds lol. this is not a bad thing though as I love MW.

I can hear why since there's that same incessant beats with strings in the background, though sending mail pales in vocal strength and the chorus isn't as fast, and composition is a bit simpler.

My Rainbow 19th December 2010 11:51 AM

sending mail is EPIC!!! I can't stop listening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michan 19th December 2010 12:23 PM

^ I totally agree with you. It's my favorite track of the entire album :D

Corvina 19th December 2010 12:37 PM

Mine also! :heart