Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106145)

zellyx 19th December 2010 02:15 AM

I honestly am so pleased with this album. There's not a single song I skip over!!
Well.... I can see Thank U being that song possibly in the future, only because I like those inspirational songs when I'm in a good mood... haha
:)
Will post my review on the review thread shortly.

love in music 19th December 2010 02:48 AM

Yeah, I love "Thank U" SO much! the music in that song is gorgeous and I've had the "lalala"'s stuck in my head all day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585403)
I feel like the music on this album is very detailed...It is very interesting to listen to because of all the changes in the music. For the first time in a long while, I am actually interested in listening to the music and individual instruments, other than just Ayu's singing and the entire feel of the song.

:yes agreed! there is so much going on in all of the songs, it's hard for me to get bored. I think this album is going to have a lot of replay value for me.

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 02:56 AM

I've printed out all of the lyric translations and am going to listen to the whole album while reading along. Should be interesting!

freedreamer 19th December 2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

I feel like the music on this album is very detailed...It is very interesting to listen to because of all the changes in the music. For the first time in a long while, I am actually interested in listening to the music and individual instruments, other than just Ayu's singing and the entire feel of the song.

THIS is one of the comments that has made me very intrigued and tempted to listen to the album. I love music that has this intricacy.
somehow I only get this with Electro..
so I really wanna hear what there is in this album MUSIC-wise. esp in a Pop album

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

ah~~ ME TOO!!
the new songs are so rich with different kind of instruments in them...sound nice n never get bored with it :)

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 2585478)
THIS is one of the comments that has made me very intrigued and tempted to listen to the album. I love music that has this intricacy.
somehow I only get this with Electro..
so I really wanna hear what there is in this album MUSIC-wise. esp in a Pop album

I want to say that this album reminds me of some American/British/etc albums as far as music quality goes. It's hard to put into words, but yea, I usually don't want to "pick apart" a Japanese album, although Gackt and X Japan are exceptions. This music quality and style plus the lyrics...the strings...synth...:luv2

(Btw, I wonder what Ayu thinks of us tweeting her about listening to the album when it doesn't officially release until next Wednesday? :innocent)

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:06 AM

^ hahaha i think ayu is totally find with it..haha..
i guess she knows her album somehow has leaked haha XDD

lumieregrl 19th December 2010 03:07 AM

Yea, I'm sure Avex lets her know, but it still makes me giggle. XD It's an excellent way to get free advertising. :)

love in music 19th December 2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumieregrl (Post 2585485)
(Btw, I wonder what Ayu thinks of us tweeting her about listening to the album when it doesn't officially release until next Wednesday? :innocent)

:laugh yeah I saw those tweets she replied to about the album and I was thinking how people probably shouldn't comment on that yet but with her replies it doesn't really seem like she minds.

kagami 19th December 2010 03:09 AM

Is anyone else completely blown away by November? I can't stop listening to it, it's so effing amazing. Her vocals are incredible.

AyUmIXx 19th December 2010 03:29 AM

haha it's just liked when avex trying so hard to put down all the avex artists related vids on YT, but then Ayu is the one who recommends the fans to watch her best artists live performance...hahaha..

love in music 19th December 2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kagami (Post 2585490)
Is anyone else completely blown away by November? I can't stop listening to it, it's so effing amazing. Her vocals are incredibly.

Yep, it's so emotional and gorgeous, it's also really different sounding for an ayu ballad, she really has no other ballad that sounds similar to this imo.

waterballoon 19th December 2010 04:21 AM

November is like, the worst song on the album imo LOL but maybe I need to listen to it more, but first listen - not impressed.

Zeke. 19th December 2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterballoon (Post 2585567)
November is like, the worst song on the album imo LOL but maybe I need to listen to it more, but first listen - not impressed.

It's so good! It's like my fav. The melody is good and it has this slight haunting emotion to it at certain parts. I love it.
Worst song is Like a doll. Hello snoozeville. So boring during the chorus especially. (I don't hate it but it's def. my least fav of the new tracks. Well, actually Love song probably is. Boring too.)

relmy 19th December 2010 04:36 AM

I didn't expect anything, or know what to expect. I was so 50/50 about the singles, I was pretty neutral towards RnRC too.

So when I listened to this album... just woah. Tie between Love Song, November and sending mail for my favourite new track. I think crossroad will forever be my favourite song on the album haha

do it again 19th December 2010 04:40 AM

As someone said, the songs feel really rich. The music is just so good and has so many elements in every single song. It's really hard to get bored of anything, because each time I listen I notice new songs and feel myself getting deeper and deeper into the song.

ストロボ・EdGE 19th December 2010 04:53 AM

Aria should have been a full song.

pepper 19th December 2010 05:04 AM

Love songs are just like MY STORY minus ROCK
lols

lilchan 19th December 2010 05:11 AM

I haven't gotten over Love Song to pay much attention to the rest of the album. 43 plays for Love Song and still going.

pepper 19th December 2010 05:11 AM

Btw, I'm curious if anyone noticed the Backround music in Like a doll, i love this song - but i think this bcg music DONT fit. It feels like broken rip or sth :|?