Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Avatars not working + can't change it (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119891)

Machiko 10th April 2014 07:02 PM

Avatars not working + can't change it

I can't see avatars, except some few users here and there. I also can't seem to upload/change my avatar, not through a link nor from my computer. It just says "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file." I couldn't find anyone else asking about this...?? Is everyone else having the same problem or just the good ol' me?

Sorry if this has been asked, tried to search for some answers for hours.

TeamAyu2004 10th April 2014 07:15 PM

its not just you. It has something to do with the forums going down and the owners changing hands and what not.
We hope it will be back when the user Ayumi gains full control?
Im not too sure how this will happen, but hopefully everything will be fixed soon.

ayujarl 13th April 2014 03:06 AM

thanks for info. just realized this and would like to upload a new pic as avatar :)
I'll wait and try again

tsumekaze_ 13th April 2014 10:01 AM

you can still use default avatars, it's better than nothing! :)

channy 16th April 2014 08:03 AM

Can you guys actually see my beautiful avatar? I somehow can D:

Minttulatte 16th April 2014 01:04 PM

^I can see your avatar. :) It's one of those rare ones that I can see when I'm using my iPad. :3

channy 16th April 2014 06:52 PM

I can clearly see yours, too. I guess it really is because we were using our avatars for quite some time so the old back-up still contains them.

koumori 16th April 2014 07:08 PM

Well, drdolce is using one of the forum standards which is why her avatar is showing. :)

Mari-chan 16th April 2014 08:18 PM

My avatar also is gone.
SO...the owner of AHS has changed? So.. that's why it was offline a while?

kendelle 17th April 2014 01:35 PM

For some reason the server wasn't renewed and the forum went down. Member Ayumi paid for the domain and took control of it and now is working with the mods to restore thr forum.....I think is the whole story :)

Wow, the avatar backup must be REALLY old because I had my avatar for AGES and it's gone lol

Minttulatte 17th April 2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koumori (Post 3071389)
Well, drdolce is using one of the forum standards which is why her avatar is showing. :)

I used to have a different avatar but I changed it because I couldn't see my avatar with iPad. I love my new avatar though so I think it stays here for a while. 8D

Machiko 18th April 2014 04:33 AM

Changed mine to one of the defaults, hope it will get fixed soon though!!

Surreal17 19th April 2014 01:45 PM

I want my avatar back ! but I'm glad that AHS is not over like we all thought few days ago..

Earth_maiden 22nd April 2014 05:23 PM

I had the same problem and switched to one of the defaults as well. I can see some avatars (like Zeke's) but most of them are just the word's "so-and-so's avatar".

tsumekaze_ 3rd May 2014 11:17 AM

Any news on the forum status?

Zemus 5th May 2014 05:50 PM

No, afraid not. The situation is still the same as last month. We are trying to get in contact with the admin to fix the issue. Server access is required, something we don't have at the moment.

November4 14th May 2014 10:52 AM

I can't upload or link to an avatar, so the problem still exists?

tsumekaze_ 21st May 2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemus (Post 3073528)
No, afraid not. The situation is still the same as last month. We are trying to get in contact with the admin to fix the issue. Server access is required, something we don't have at the moment.

I hope the problem can be solved as quickly as possible, thanks for the effort all the staff is putting in, I can imagine how difficult it can be to work in this way right now. AHS fightin'!

November4 22nd May 2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ (Post 3076421)
I hope the problem can be solved as quickly as possible, thanks for the effort all the staff is putting in, I can imagine how difficult it can be to work in this way right now. AHS fightin'!

What effort? All they have to do is e-mail the admin or server host and wait for a reply. xD

taskinillusion 22nd May 2014 07:07 PM

^ The admin has been notified. As far as I know, it's being worked on, but the mods haven't been updated on the situation in a while...