Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] a-nation 2018 stadium fes (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124074)

Xianghua 21st August 2018 01:00 AM

I voted for W because I didn't see the point of voting for Hanabi or Blue Bird since she always sings them lol. Wish there were more than 4 choices.

Chibi-Chan 21st August 2018 03:32 AM

Don't want to see W or aeternal. Voted for HANABI.

Aderianu 21st August 2018 08:39 AM

Here is the apologizes about Araki Shunpei (new dancer) smoking in the past and affirmation that he will not do it again %)

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1064649

Linza-mo 21st August 2018 08:54 AM

That's crazy...

Meat Pao 21st August 2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3284221)
Here is the apologizes about Araki Shunpei (new dancer) smoking in the past and affirmation that he will not do it again %)

Is there a backstory to this I'm not aware about? I thought it was pretty socially acceptable for people in Japan to be smoking lol

EDIT: Oh, just read the article and it's about his underage smoking past. Lol

njanjayrp 21st August 2018 02:54 PM

I voted for W. Don't wanna hear her butcher HANABI again and BLUE BIRD had it's fair share of performances this year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3284221)

Also ridiculous. I am TOTALLY AGAINST SMOKING. It's a disgusting habit. However "I promise I won't do it again." doesn't really fix things. They should've done checks before hiring people as ultimately this does damage to an already damaged brand.

douggn 21st August 2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njanjayrp (Post 3284268)
I voted for W. Don't wanna hear her butcher HANABI again and BLUE BIRD had it's fair share of performances this year.

Also ridiculous. I am TOTALLY AGAINST SMOKING. It's a disgusting habit. However "I promise I won't do it again." doesn't really fix things. They should've done checks before hiring people as ultimately this does damage to an already damaged brand.

As bad as smoking can be, you cant not hire someone for smoking. This is just a slow day news story :P

Andrenekoi 21st August 2018 05:12 PM

^It is a big deal over there... But I don't think that would be an elimination factor for Ayu not hiring someone.

relmy 21st August 2018 05:16 PM

Smoking so disgusting but the idea that you should background check someone to see of they've ever smoked is ridiculous, under age or not.

It's like the media looked for a reason to be honest. I liked what Ayu said about giving people chances, a nice way to deal with it.

njanjayrp 21st August 2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 3284288)
Smoking so disgusting but the idea that you should background check someone to see of they've ever smoked is ridiculous, under age or not.

It's like the media looked for a reason to be honest. I liked what Ayu said about giving people chances, a nice way to deal with it.

While I agree with this, this is after all Japan and an overly sensitive market we are talking about. Anywhere else this wouldn’t even be in the news. So they should know better than to upset their customers xD

Xianghua 21st August 2018 07:15 PM

There's been trouble in the past with others in the entertainment industry for underage smoking/drinking as well. Japan is much more strict with rules than the western countries many of us are used to. It's all part of the culture difference.

EndOfTheWorld 21st August 2018 11:06 PM

I think it's great that they acknowledged it. Smoking at any age is so bad for you and those around you. I know this will be seen as overreacting or something but I think it's a good thing people said something.
Butttt, I will say that this probably won't change anything and he will just be more discreet about it.:laugh
They aren't really sorry about it, just doing damage control.

Chibi-Chan 22nd August 2018 02:04 AM

What bothers me most about this smoking "scandal" is that this isn't about trying to protect underaged teens from smoking. He broke a rule and this is why this is a big deal. One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks. People take their little kids in the smoking area all the time and because, ironically enough, you are allowed to smoke in all kinds of closed rooms but you're not allowed to smoke in public most often, I see parents smoking in their car while the kid sits with them in the car.
Also funny: when buying cigarettes or alcohol, no one ever checks an ID or something. You just have to tap on the screen and say you're already 20. I can't count the times I saw very young people buy cigarettes and alcohol who were definitely not 20.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cigarettes or alcohol and I definitely started drinking before I was 18 (but at least I had to be creative and not just tap on a screen lol). But I still think that there should be laws protecting teenagers and kids and also people who don't want to eat or drink while others smoke next to them. It is ridiculous to tell a 19 year old he should be sorry for breaking the rules and finding it normal for parents to smoke next to their kids.

Chris85 22nd August 2018 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan (Post 3284336)
One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks.

That's so true. It was really frustrating for me in some restaurants, never went there again. I still had to make sure there were non-smoking seats before coming in. In many places though it was out of my control and depended on my luck if someone nearby decides to smoke or not. Thank god for non-smoking fast food chains.
Also some people on the streets don't care about the smoking areas - I saw multiple times people walking down the street and smoking.

aliceshields 22nd August 2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

What bothers me most about this smoking "scandal" is that this isn't about trying to protect underaged teens from smoking. He broke a rule and this is why this is a big deal. One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks. People take their little kids in the smoking area all the time and because, ironically enough, you are allowed to smoke in all kinds of closed rooms but you're not allowed to smoke in public most often, I see parents smoking in their car while the kid sits with them in the car.
Also funny: when buying cigarettes or alcohol, no one ever checks an ID or something. You just have to tap on the screen and say you're already 20. I can't count the times I saw very young people buy cigarettes and alcohol who were definitely not 20.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cigarettes or alcohol and I definitely started drinking before I was 18 (but at least I had to be creative and not just tap on a screen lol). But I still think that there should be laws protecting teenagers and kids and also people who don't want to eat or drink while others smoke next to them. It is ridiculous to tell a 19 year old he should be sorry for breaking the rules and finding it normal for parents to smoke next to their kids.

Ahhhh this! I agreed with this.

Whenever my husband and I go to any restaurant or bar at the hotel, we will always ask for non-smoking area, but the smoking area just at the other side (“Smoking-area” <— | | —> “Non-smoking area”), no door no glass, we still can “enjoy” the 2nd hand smoke @@“

truehappiness 22nd August 2018 04:45 AM

Oh yeah, this explains her TA posts for sure. So weird they made an official statement about it too. This must also be why he scrubbed his IG/Twitter after too since people probably saw it there. I think it became a big deal because Ayu was like "Hey, everyone go follow these new people!" and then they saw all that stuff, lol.

Aderianu 22nd August 2018 09:41 AM

What's the point of voting until 23 except some kind of attention? Rehearsal already started. She will add something 3 days before actual performance? I don't think so. It's possible only if it's song she perform while moving around stadium

truehappiness 22nd August 2018 09:53 AM

Probably rehearsed the options in case there are changes. She did that one set of a-nations where she had very different setlists iirc between stadiums.

Calico 22nd August 2018 11:50 PM

Oh, my God, as someone who is super sensitive to smoke (like swollen red eyes, burning throat, the works) don't get me started on the bs that is "non smoking sections" in Japan. Lady would literally sit me right next to the open door to the smoking section and I'd see all this crap wafting out. UGH. The headaches were real. At least outside I could walk away / be in some fresh air. And a lot of the time it's just dependent on a specific restaurant. So I would go to a Jonathon's in one neighborhood and the sections would be completely separate and not an issue, and the next one a neighborhood over would be practically on top of each other. You learn real fast which ones are "safe" and which ones are to avoided unless you're desperate :\

My state has a no smoking ban on all areas within 20 feet of public buildings and most places don't allow smoking at all. I'm so spoiled here, lol. I'm going back to Japan in Oct and it's gonna be an adjustment.

SunshineSlayer 23rd August 2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by douggn (Post 3284282)
As bad as smoking can be, you cant not hire someone for smoking. This is just a slow day news story :P

Unfortunately, Japanese people get up in arms about really weird things sometimes. Underage smoking there is a big deal even though it's entirely hypocritical. I mean, I remember back in the day when Kago Ai (morning musume member) got caught smoking underage and her career was essentially ended after that.

Quote:

And this is why I say "hypocritical". It's more about the fact that a rule has been broken and they got caught. That's it. Japan doesn't care about underage smoking or drinking at all so long as you don't get caught doing it. I worked in a bar in Tokyo for a number of years and when I suspected someone underage was being served, I told my manager. The response? We didn't check their ID, so it's fine. As long as we don't "know". And whenever I asked someone's age I got reprimanded for doing so. So.....yeah.....

kendelle 23rd August 2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calico (Post 3284461)
I'm going back to Japan in Oct and it's gonna be an adjustment.

Hopefully your experience is better this time. Earlier this year we felt there was a much better quality between the smoking and non-smoking sections in restaurants. I'm not extremely sensitive but we even accidentally ordered and ate at two smoking restaurants, in the smoking sections, and didn't smell anything! Good luck!!

That aside, I hate smoking but come on, you can buy smokes from vending machines everywhere there! Lots of people smoked and they were from all walks of life. :eviltongu Are people still in denial that the only people who smoke are "bad guys"?

Sure, I think the Staff should have screened his SNS and purged anything potentially controversial but it's such an extreme response that it looks like an excuse to hit at Ayu :grumpy But since when have her staff effectively shielded her this century?

Well........hopefully those criticising Ayu have the cleanest pasts in the world :rolleyes

Andrenekoi 23rd August 2018 03:17 PM

Hikki had to say she didn't smoke after releasing First Love due to the song lyrics

truehappiness 24th August 2018 07:11 AM

I think Ayu was 'responsible' in this case because she asked TA to go and mass follow/check out his social media resulting in the complaints but its really weird that they went as far as they did even putting out that statement on her page, lol.

Chibi-Chan 24th August 2018 08:59 AM

Can someone tell me if the goods will be sold in front of the stadium before doors open, like at normal concerts?

Xianghua 24th August 2018 07:50 PM

^ yes :)

Chibi-Chan 25th August 2018 02:51 AM

^thank you! =)

Chibi-Chan 26th August 2018 02:42 AM

Anyone else attending a-nation today btw?

LOGMAN 26th August 2018 11:02 AM

Is this being broadcast online? I thought it would be, but I've seen nothing from anyone regarding that - thought someone would have a link or something by now.

~angel*ayumi~ 26th August 2018 11:11 AM

Today should be live on M-on TV

kaled kalil 26th August 2018 12:00 PM

The setlist so far

01 W
02 INSPIRE
03 æternal
04 HANABI

A lot of female dancers for W!

AyuWorld 26th August 2018 12:04 PM

^

Cool!

Hope she gets some cool outfits too

Uknow! 26th August 2018 12:07 PM

Hanabi (If I'm not wrong)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlhWt7rU4AAt9un.jpg

hidekirby 26th August 2018 12:10 PM

W and INSPIRE! Can't wait!

Really surprised W is eventually here.

Chris_Duvall 26th August 2018 12:13 PM

wish I could at least watch a live stream

Aderianu 26th August 2018 12:16 PM

W / INSPIRE / æternal / HANABI / Summer Love~Many Classical Moments

Chris85 26th August 2018 12:18 PM

No WATQ :-(((, but yay for W and æternal.

kaled kalil 26th August 2018 12:22 PM

She did a medley now Summer Love ~ Many Classic Moments ~ Movin' on without you

She's wearing a very light blue dress, very pretty! And she's using a ponytail.

CeReSu 26th August 2018 12:28 PM

That setlist is very cool!!!!

Uknow! 26th August 2018 12:37 PM

modelpress article

http://i68.tinypic.com/15fjfc6.png

more pics

AyuWorld 26th August 2018 12:44 PM

the first pic my god! the hat is back! love it! looking goooood! im thankful xD

Uknow! 26th August 2018 12:56 PM

Final setlist
W
INSPIRE
æternal
HANABI
Summer Love
Many Classic Moments
Movin' on without you
You&Me
BLUE BIRD
July 1st

July 1st video

More pics in AyuTube instagram

Aderianu 26th August 2018 12:59 PM

I'm so glad she performed new songs!

Irish_Ayu_Fan 26th August 2018 01:03 PM

Great setlist! And a great lineup overall today, would have loved to go :((

Uknow! 26th August 2018 01:05 PM

aeternal and INSPIRE video

Chris85 26th August 2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Party_King (Post 3284146)
You can choose between W, æternal, HANABI and BLUE BIRD...
WTF? The last two songs are her standard a-nation songs 😂

I knew she'd perform all of them:-D What was the point of that poll?!

Chibi-Chan 26th August 2018 01:13 PM

It was pretty good! I had a lot of fun and she delivered a solid show!

I just really had to laugh when I realised that she actually played all songs one could have voted for. Like seriously. lol

holy_arrow 26th August 2018 01:43 PM

Her voice is so good although it's a tv live

AyuWorld 26th August 2018 01:55 PM

although i can do without Many classic moments lol, she got many other great songs

maxikot 26th August 2018 02:52 PM

For all desperate souls there is a video of sb who recorded a tv with a-nation's broadcast. I just couldn't stop myself and checked W, it's amazing:
https://www.facebook.com/10000282569...3697793734395/

tokyoxjapanxfan 26th August 2018 03:00 PM

Her new dancer Hikaru is my favorite of the new ones!

I’m pretty sure he was voguing and I really hope she lets him in the future too.

krtman2002 26th August 2018 03:23 PM

I like the setlist, but I was really waiting for "The way I am...". It's the song I like the most from TROUBLE.

AyuWorld 26th August 2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3284946)
For all desperate souls there is a video of sb who recorded a tv with a-nation's broadcast. I just couldn't stop myself and checked W, it's amazing:

her voice

ps: timmy is that diapers?

Taishaku 26th August 2018 04:27 PM

She did AMAZING! So energetic, and the setlist was great :D

Evolution7/4 26th August 2018 04:44 PM

So nice to see her without contacts!

Deep snow 26th August 2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxikot (Post 3284946)

thank you for this. she's screaming all the way again.

I noticed lately that her recent TV performances have all been very composed, non-shouty, steady singing, while in her concerts (Jtb, a-nation etc.) she tends to shout more. Can someone explain why this is? Do larger venues have to do with her tendency to be shouty? It's so unfortunate to watch because her TV lives clearly demonstrate that she's still perfectly capable of singing well on stage :(

Katsuyuki012 26th August 2018 05:31 PM

^she's more nervous and careful in front of TV cameras, especially with no audience.

When she performs concerts etc., she feels more confident and is also more energetic. In addition to that, she often tends to shout more during finals/recording dates.

Uknow! 26th August 2018 05:47 PM

2008 Ayu vibes

Screenshots from W performance.

https://imgur.com/a/fHpeNCL

Inspire (Ayu give me everything)

https://imgur.com/a/svNZuuU

New dancers are sooooooooo goooooood, I love them.

Sorry for the quality, it has a random explanation but at leas is something.

superbayu 26th August 2018 07:07 PM

Here it is

https://www.facebook.com/85534982124...7768040001388/

I got surprise on her voice of BLUE BIRD and July 1st

attractive nausea 26th August 2018 07:11 PM

I'm gonna wait a little to watch the show but the setlist and the pictures got me really excited for it! :love
At least one cannot say anymore that a-nations are always the same thing, she really made an effort to do something new it seems, except the same old HANABI and July 1st.

Earth_maiden 26th August 2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3284966)
^she's more nervous and careful in front of TV cameras, especially with no audience.

When she performs concerts etc., she feels more confident and is also more energetic. In addition to that, she often tends to shout more during finals/recording dates.

Doesn't get a lot more criticism from her TV lives? Like the time she performed evolution on a music show and forgot half the lyrics and then made a big apology on twitter?

Katsuyuki012 26th August 2018 07:40 PM

^she does! But nowadays she gets criticism even if she does well.

AyuCanada 26th August 2018 07:54 PM

She did a really good job!

YuraiNamida 26th August 2018 08:19 PM

Loved the performance! Did anyone noticed how cute she was in the very beginning of W when she tried to sing the first line forgetting to bring the mic at her mouth? lol

And yay to Ayu singing "saigo ni mita ANO NATSU no kimi no" instead of "saigo ni mita SAMISHIGE no kimi no" during aeternal XD

Deep snow 26th August 2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 (Post 3284966)

that's ...a truly unfortunate consequence of confidence, then :laugh

I thought it was because the large venues have large audience, so it became harder for her to hear herself so the scream is mainly for her own benefit, but I don't know. other singers seem to not have problems refraining from shouting on stage, but then again they don't have ayu's hearing problems :( :( :(

Uknow! 26th August 2018 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuraiNamida (Post 3284978)
Loved the performance! Did anyone noticed how cute she was in the very beginning of W when she tried to sing the first line forgetting to bring the mic at her mouth? lol

And yay to Ayu singing "saigo ni mita ANO NATSU no kimi no" instead of "saigo ni mita SAMISHIGE no kimi no" during aeternal XD

My fav part hahaha

melissalove 26th August 2018 09:05 PM

Ayu did so well, her vocals were good, her stage presence was fire, she looked stunning. I’m so glad ayu’s the main focus again.

Chris_Duvall 26th August 2018 09:07 PM

I really enjoyed this performance. Ayu did really well! <3

hud 26th August 2018 11:03 PM

I'll watch the whole thing later but the first two songs were amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuraiNamida (Post 3284978)
Did anyone noticed how cute she was in the very beginning of W when she tried to sing the first line forgetting to bring the mic at her mouth? lol

I noticed it omg she was serving so hard and forgot about the microphone lmao

Cahz- 27th August 2018 01:23 AM

Her voice <333 what a great a-nation

Party_King 27th August 2018 01:25 AM

I really like this whole performance... IMO the best since 2014 :luv2
The addition of the maaany female dancers for W and INSPIRE was awesome!
I loved to see how all those people do the INSPIRE dance (even if it was one more time INSPIRE on an a-nation performance haha :D)
Also the EDM part (Summer love - You & Me) was great...
She looked fresh, her voice was really good and she was pure fire all the time!

pedronekoi 27th August 2018 01:36 AM

She was INCREDIBLE!! I was really surprised! I knew that the vibe in a-nation would be different from her concerts but I wasn't expecting to be that fun! It was the first time I went to a-nation and I really enjoyed it.

So here's my points:

- Her voice was really good and impressive! Even my friend that is no way an Ayu fan was impressed by that.
- Her new choreography is also amazing. As someone mentioned, there was a vogue moment and I died!!! (giving the gays all they want) Maybe because now is not KO, so we can expect different things with the choreography.
- Also, she was dancing more than usual. I wasn't expecting her to do a lot of choreo, but she did!
- She looks beyond beautiful. When I was looking at her, sometimes I got flashbacks from her a-nation 2002 performance. It gave me chills.
- The dancers in W was really amazing. And the choreography with them taking of the bras was a nice statement! I was missing those kind of moments on her career.
- The new dancers are really cute and they sure got a lot of attention on this live. One of them is really skinny and ripped. I was impressed lol

The live was beautiful! I'm really proud of her <3

truehappiness 27th August 2018 01:56 AM

Looking over the video a bit, she did great! This performance seemed so fresh.

AyuGAME 27th August 2018 03:44 AM

She does need a new, younger, fresher creative person to work with her. Next step is new composer, new arranger, new costume designer. And most important new marketing team.

AyuWorld 27th August 2018 04:22 AM

One of new dancers, reminds me of Big Bang G Dragon lool

SunshineSlayer 27th August 2018 04:30 AM

This was excellent! Nice set list where the only predictable ones were hanabi and July 1st. Flattering costumes. Much better dancers imo. And her voice sounded really good for most of it.

xLuna&1LOVE 27th August 2018 06:53 AM

She does so well!! Such a great surprise after certainly some years of bad vocals. This year she is really on fire and it shows that she truely come alive on stage!

Haven't seen whole a'nation yet, but it is good so far!

alternarist 27th August 2018 06:59 AM

love the setlist! W was super fierce n flawless! the ayu from RnRC era is back!

I like it that she's singing songs that are more current.

EndOfTheWorld 27th August 2018 08:48 AM

I didn't like it.:(
But I will say that Ayu sounded great 99% of the time and the setlist was good.

freedreamer 27th August 2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld (Post 3285050)
I didn't like it.:(
But I will say that Ayu sounded great 99% of the time and the setlist was good.

So whats not to like?

axmish87 27th August 2018 12:18 PM

Fun performance. She was shouty but it was enjoyable.
Although I have one nit pick and that's the part on that vehicle that circles around the audience. I couldn't help but cringe trough out that whole part and not because it was Ayu's fault but one of the dancers with curly hair and a bandanna was trying so hard to sing along and he clearly doesn't know the lyrics and he looked totally starstruck during that whole part. It seems he is going to be the new Shuya.

roxaskh2fm 27th August 2018 02:35 PM

W Live is amazing!!!!!

Chris_Duvall 27th August 2018 02:57 PM

^
She slayed it! I didn't like the song that much at first but now it's my 2nd favorite of TROUBLE

indigochild 27th August 2018 03:46 PM

I can't get over how a Hikki song is now pretty much becoming a staple in Ayu's concerts and performances :laugh

EndOfTheWorld 27th August 2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedreamer (Post 3285059)
So whats not to like?

I liked the songs and vocals and also Ayu's costume but I didn't like this a-nation's visuals/aesthetics. It kind of spoiled it for me. I disliked the W performance the most. The performances without the dancers were good I guess.

jkm444 27th August 2018 07:02 PM

I must say this year a-nation is pretty good! Ayu did the typical things she usually do for A-Nation and her vocals is awesome. I am surprised that she didn't sing Boys& Girls. LOL I am so used to hearing sing that song in every concerts she does.

mi|kshake 27th August 2018 10:09 PM

It was a great show! I thought she sang well and looked amazing! I had one of those moments where it just hit me about how amazing it was she covered a Hikaru song!

Sky High 27th August 2018 10:49 PM

Really great show I enjoyed it. Love W performance, dancers are great. Somehow W is starting to grow on me. So glad that she didn't performed Boys&Girls :)

Evan Odinson 27th August 2018 11:48 PM

Finally watched it and it was great, I really loved it :yes

surrealA 28th August 2018 12:22 AM

Great setlist, vocals & costumes :love Ayu look so good!
seems like theres some news articles about the concert. has anyone shared about it?

tokyoxjapanxfan 28th August 2018 01:01 AM

W was really awesome live.
When all the female dancers sauntered onto stage it was so cool and powerful.
It really let you know Ayu was the headliner.

Chris85 28th August 2018 02:32 AM

Rare parts when she wasn't shouting were enjoyable, the rest was painful to listen to.

Chibi-Chan 28th August 2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3285159)
W was really awesome live.
When all the female dancers sauntered onto stage it was so cool and powerful.
It really let you know Ayu was the headliner.

I agree. After EXO's performance, all the shouting from the fangirls and so many people leaving, I was afraid her performance might fall flat. Even though I'm not too fond of W, the performance was awesome and powerful and she really managed to show the audience why she was the headliner.

tokyoxjapanxfan 28th August 2018 04:21 AM

Not to mention it looked like EXO and Red Velvet only actually sang like minute parts of their songs lol. * not saying this as a hater, just an observer x)

Surreal17 28th August 2018 12:38 PM

I finally managed to watch it and I love it!! It must be one of my favourite ayu a-nations. One of the strongest points was how energetic everything was, from ayu herself, to the dancers and last but not least the crowd. I really enjoyed how pumped up the crowd was, especially since I was afraid in this aspect. I also enjoyed the setlist, a good mix of new songs, recent songs and older ones (and finally no Boys & Girls). Summer love is really great for a-nation, I'm glad that she performed it and she did some great promotion by performing W and aeternal. I feel that her new dancers bring a fresh vibe to her team, and I enjoyed their dancing.

pedronekoi 28th August 2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3285179)
Not to mention it looked like EXO and Red Velvet only actually sang like minute parts of their songs lol. * not saying this as a hater, just an observer x)

Yes, it was all lipsync. Maybe because they can't speak Japanese so the label is affraid that they will make some mistake while singing the songs live. But it was funny that during the talking part one of Red Velvet mic was not even working so she had to hold another one and then getting back to the "broke mic" during the "singing" part.

Chibi-Chan 28th August 2018 04:21 PM

^kpop bands always lipsync, I don't think it had anything to do with them performing songs in Japanese.

Refix 28th August 2018 04:36 PM

I think bringing a batalyon of dancer kinda hip again these days... Oh well. Enjoy her voice here although I think she needs to let go those olds song she always sing... try other song and see how the audience react.

njanjayrp 29th August 2018 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris85 (Post 3285167)
Rare parts when she wasn't shouting were enjoyable, the rest was painful to listen to.

I was actually surprised how well she handled the first part of HANABi as she wasn’t shouting until the second chorus.

Over-all this was easiliy her best a-nation performance since 2010. W was definitely the most memorable one!

Aderianu 29th August 2018 08:03 AM

I think that was very forgettable a-nation. W is outstanding and not in a good way. Dancers with their bras ruined this performance for me.

maxikot 29th August 2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3285297)
Dancers with their bras ruined this performance for me.

They took them off relatively quickly so you could feel relief ^^

I love this a-nation, she nailed it, W was outstanding and this performance will go down in her history. Then all those dancers doing Inspire :luv2 . Summer medley was also such a pleasure to watch and listen too and when she was giving high-fives to all those people.... *dies of jealousy*