Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] Ayumi Hamasaki to sing the theme song for「Buddha 2」 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118768)

hayasaki 18th October 2013 10:41 PM

Ayumi Hamasaki to sing the theme song for「Buddha 2」

Mod: News confirmed

Hi! I'm not sure if its the right place to post this or if this has been posted but I just did a search for Ayu and apparently this news appeared on the result. It was just posted an hour ago. I wonder if its true or not. Mods please feel free to move this thread.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0057384

Quote:

Singer Ayumi Hamasaki has been decided to provide the theme song to BUDDHA2. The animation movie is the second installment to the three-part series masterpiece of Tedzuka Osamu. The theme song「PRAY」was already decided.
Wish i could do more translation but i'm running for work now. LOL

njanjayrp 18th October 2013 11:10 PM

Hope its true!

hayasaki 18th October 2013 11:12 PM

Yeah! Me too! its about time. PRAY sounds like its going to be a ballad.

Didz-19 18th October 2013 11:14 PM

it looks like an anime movie~

YuriChan 18th October 2013 11:39 PM

I believe it is. It's adapted from a manga by Tezuka Osamu (a legendary manga artist).

Zeke. 18th October 2013 11:45 PM

To me PRAY sounds rock. Especially all caps, lol.

Tommy heavenly had a song called Pray. I loved it.

BlackSilence 18th October 2013 11:51 PM

the title makes me think of something like this:

or a mid tempo rock/orchestra track.

The movie at least the theme of the story makes me think it should be something etherial like Road To Glory. But i know for a fact Ayu is not gonna do anything of that sort, i am not sure if she could pull it off even tho i'd love to hear something like that would love to see her chalanging herself for something she hadn't done yet..

stepYOU1234 18th October 2013 11:59 PM

Is it too soon to get excited??
Neeeooowww moooosic

Refix 19th October 2013 12:03 AM

I can hear BRILLANTE music type. Some hindustani or arabian thingy.

YuriChan 19th October 2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke. (Post 3034595)
To me PRAY sounds rock. Especially all caps, lol.

Tommy heavenly had a song called Pray. I loved it.

I'll be honest, it made me think of the song of the same name by B'z! :laugh But, I'm just a slightly biased fangirl. :P (But then again, the song I'm thinking of is a rock ballad. o_o) It'll be cool if it had a Utada Hikaru "Passion" sound. :D

hayasaki 19th October 2013 12:19 AM

Ayu just RTed a fan's tweet regarding this so its pretty much confirmed! wooohoo! The new Ayu era is about to begin!

adantatu2 19th October 2013 12:25 AM

^Yes, new music, omg, im so happy !!
I miss ayu.

I don't know what is this 映画『BUDDHA2 手塚治虫のブッダ-終わりなき旅-』は2014年2月8日より全国公開
But i think we could get a new album or mini till next year

hayasaki 19th October 2013 12:47 AM

^the movie will be released on Feb 8, 2014 so we might get previews in 2-3months from now

Neko★munication 19th October 2013 12:47 AM

Omg, exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiited. PRAY sounds epic.

AyUmIXx 19th October 2013 12:47 AM

yay finally something new from ayu!
i think it's gonna be fast song. like song 4 u type.

Deep snow 19th October 2013 12:49 AM

I just saw her retweet too. There's a page-long article about the new song. Apparently it's "Pray", written by Kunio Tago?

Definitely excited about this. I really can't tell the genre just from the title (I mean, stuff like "is this LOVE?" is a fucking headbanger and "ANGEL'S SONG" is a cutesy upbeat song so I think we're gonna be surprised :D) unless it actually says what the song is like in the article (I don't speak Japanese).

I hope it's a good song that gets her to the top.

EDIT
I really _love_ the BUDDHA series by Osamy Tezuka. It's a long-ass set if comic books, but they're really good. I'm very happy that ayu's singing a theme for something in the series.

rainbow_smile 19th October 2013 12:54 AM

Omg finally some Ayu music news *.* I can't wait to hear it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep snow (Post 3034614)
EDIT
I really _love_ the BUDDHA series by Osamy Tezuka. It's a long-ass set if comic books, but they're really good. I'm very happy that ayu's singing a theme for something in the series.

What is it about?

tasking 19th October 2013 01:06 AM

The only thing that sucks about this is the date. I hope we get something in between now and then (besides the CDL :P)

Benikari47 19th October 2013 01:53 AM

Can't wait! I hope she stays away from the mellowness of LOVE Again and return with something a little more rock oriented.

Mirrorcle Monster 19th October 2013 02:28 AM

YAY, so happy she is getting good promos, first Tales and now this film!