Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Forum Helpers (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13954)

boogieordie 30th January 2004 07:59 PM

Forum Helpers

Introduction
The AHS staff are pleased to announce the creation of a new program at AHS: Forum Helpers. This is an experiment and the terms described below may be modified depending on how things go. The staff reserves the right to cancel this program at any time if they feel it is not successful.

Purpose
To give more of Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai's dedicated initiates the opportunity to participate in forum moderation. The position is designed for initiates who have never had forum staff experience.

How it works
Helpers will be given limited moderation powers in one forum. They will have responsibility for monitoring that forum and communicating any problems, needs, or suggestions to the staff. The appointment lasts for 60 days, after which the participant will return to their normal initiate status, and another initiate will be appointed. If the participant abuses their powers in any way they will immediately be terminated with no second chances.

Please note, to prevent too many Forum Helpers monitoring the same forum, there can only be maximum one Forum Helper on any forum. After they are chosen, the helpers will have to negotiate between themselves which forum they each should monitor to suit them best.

Powers
Members of the helpers team will have the following powers:
  • edit posts
  • open/close threads
  • edit thread titles
  • add and edit calendar events

Responsibilities
During their term the helpers will have these duties:

• read all threads and posts in assigned forum
  • communicate any forum issues to the staff
  • welcome new members
  • help enforce the forum rules
  • make suggestions
  • provide leadership

Please note that anyone can already do most of these things if they want to. However giving someone a specific responsibility to monitor a specific forum enhances the forum's efficiency. They are more than welcome to monitor other forums as well but are encouraged to focus mainly on their own forum to make sure it is taken care of.

How they are selected
Nominations for helpers will be accepted from the initiates. To nominate someone send an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. Please include the reasons why you think this person would be a good candidate. There is no deadline for submitting nominations. The staff will continuously accept nomination emails as long as they decide to keep this program going.

The staff will seriously consider every person suggested. These are some of the criteria that will be taken into account:
  • length of membership at AHS
  • maturity
  • communication skills
  • manners
  • expertise in Ayumi Hamasaki/J-pop/J-culture

The length of membership at AHS is considered because they tend to have more experience of the general jist of how AHS operates.

The staff will select three of the nominated initiates to serve at a time. Because these are temporary and rotating positions many of those nominated will eventually get a chance.

The senior staff have the final say on any appointments and dismissals.

If you have any questions and/or concerns, please discuss them in this thread, or, as always, with a member of the staff.

Thank you,

The Staff of AHS

MTRLevolution 30th January 2004 08:19 PM

sounds interesting. i'm always surprised at how far ahs will go to please it's members!

rainbow_momiji™ 30th January 2004 08:27 PM

hehe me too, i hope i get a chance ^^

Kaiousei 30th January 2004 09:48 PM

I would like the opportunity to serve the AHS comminity too.

CT_Cool 30th January 2004 10:01 PM

sound interesting, it a great idea

Taz33 30th January 2004 10:36 PM

Great !
I am very interested to help your community
If you want small French well? :brush

//hikari 30th January 2004 10:52 PM

I've been a moderator on boards before, I'd love to participate in this!

kournikova 30th January 2004 10:52 PM

interesting.... (more love to AHS)

tl1029530921 31st January 2004 04:03 AM

this should be intresting!!

i'd luv to participate if im given the chance:)

Takke 31st January 2004 10:35 AM

I'm in ^^

starr5245 31st January 2004 11:56 AM

i also wish to help, especially with such wonderful ppl

destiny_ayu 31st January 2004 12:36 PM

Hallo minna... im back.. really happy to see so many new members... hope to see some ppl get the helpers... i willl vote .. but i dont mind joining ^ ^

Whit3FoX 31st January 2004 04:34 PM

haha i think i wouldn't need...i rather be a normal member.. here:D

tl1029530921 31st January 2004 04:37 PM

but then....isnt it also a bit risky...but i dont think anyone here would abuse the piveleges...

~Ayanami~ 31st January 2004 09:59 PM

cool. great idea!!:)

-BOKU- 2nd February 2004 01:44 PM

hmm.. since ill be coming back officially in mabey a few days ( i finally moved and got a job this weekend, im so happy! ) i wanna try for this :yatta

good luck everyone :bgiggle

stephymoo 2nd February 2004 09:09 PM

Sounds like a good idea!

nmskalmn 2nd February 2004 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by -Zero One™-
hmm.. since ill be coming back officially in mabey a few days ( i finally moved and got a job this weekend, im so happy! ) i wanna try for this
Don't forget that someone needs to nominate you first. Please send your nominations to nominate@ahsforum.com

Good luck :thumbsup

Yvette 2nd February 2004 11:14 PM

Sounds like a good idea :)

-BOKU- 2nd February 2004 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by nmskalmn
Don't forget that someone needs to nominate you first. Please send your nominations to nominate@ahsforum.com

Good luck :thumbsup

nominate? :weep im in deep doodoo lol, can we advertise liek a presidential candidate? :laugh

cuz.. :evillaugh

ImpactBreaker 3rd February 2004 01:08 AM

You don't need to nominate several times, just once because it's not a vote, we just need to know who the initiates think would be able to do a nice work. Also, it would be good if everyone could put valid reasons for the nomination ;)

SurrealDreams 3rd February 2004 05:29 PM

what impact said above ^ and i want to add,

We are not getting enough nominations!!

we've got many views on this thread (500+ so far), so please nominate as we'd expect a lot more than what we got so far. We're keen to get the helpers up and running soon so if u can nominate sometime soon it would be much appreciated.

Please nominate at nominate@ahsforum.com
and state the reason(s) why u nominated those ppl.

thank you, and good luck :)

Kaiousei 3rd February 2004 10:11 PM

can we nominate ourselves?...forgive me if its a stupid question

ImpactBreaker 3rd February 2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Y2KSPHINX
can we nominate ourselves?...forgive me if its a stupid question
Yep people can nominate themselves as long as they give convicing and valid reasons for that.
The staff can't analize people out of the blank:shrug It would be good if everyone could state proper opinions about who they are nominating ;)

-BOKU- 4th February 2004 04:04 PM

Quick Question... Till when are u accepting nominations? is there a limit as to how many u can nominate? and when do u think we'll start the voting? :think

okay so I guess thats 3 Quik questions :trout

Grantith 4th February 2004 05:49 PM

Re: Forum Helpers

#1:
Quote:

Originally posted by AyuRocks
How they are selected
...There is no deadline for submitting nominations. The staff will continuously accept nomination emails as long as they decide to keep this program going.

#2:
No, but please don't abuse it and nominate tons of people.

#3:
Quote:

The staff will select three of the nominated initiates to serve at a time.
There will not be a vote.

-BOKU- 4th February 2004 06:55 PM

oooo makes sense... i should use my reading glasses more often,:rubeyes thankyou good sirrr

boogieordie 4th February 2004 07:54 PM

but still there has to be a deadline for the first round of helpers, I believe that is what he was refererring to, right?

Ashley

Chireresu 5th February 2004 03:47 AM

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai is growing!!!Yay!!Congratulations to the winners!!!

PickleCookies 5th February 2004 05:54 PM

Who will be the first Forum Helpers? And when they be announced?

Unimatrix Prime™ 5th February 2004 06:13 PM

While I have no idea what's going on exactly, I'm sure the helpers will be announced once the staff has a good amount of nominees and decides from that list :)

-BOKU- 6th February 2004 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Unimatrix Prime™
While I have no idea what's going on exactly, I'm sure the helpers will be announced once the staff has a good amount of nominees and decides from that list :)
yep he is exactly correct!:nudge :nudge :nudge :nudge :nudge :nudge

y am i nudging?... im feeling nutty GOMEN GOMEN! (that means sorry right?)

boogieordie 8th February 2004 09:59 PM

Nomination Deadline Approaching

The deadline for the first round of nominations has been set for wednesday, February 11th (EST). If you would like to see someone considered, and have yet to nominate, you need to send in your nomination by that date.

You can send nominations to - nominate@ahsforum.com

Please include the reasons why you think this person would be a good candidate.

The staff will continue to accept nominations as long as we decide to keep the program going, however, initiates nominated past February 11th will not be consider for the first round of helpers. All nominations recieved between then and the next deadline will be considered for the second set of three helpers.

The AHS Staff

..:DisarO:.. 9th February 2004 04:25 AM

I like the ideia, I'd like to help AHS, but nowdays is getting hard to me use the computer, coz I have classes during the afternoon, but if there is something that I can do just say!:thumbsup

SurrealDreams 9th February 2004 10:40 PM

we are still short of nominations! there are 1063 views on this thread as i type, and the number of nominations in relation to that doesnt seem right. so have a think who are the ones who can do it best and state some reasons for your choice(s) before the 11th!: nominate@ahsforum.com

Takke 18th February 2004 08:46 PM

Oh boy guys! Sorry to inturrup you guys!

Damn it was long time ago when I was spamming here in this forum! Most of the old guys know who I'm. But anyway I remember last time we hade a contest about the same thing.
Many rumour was floating around and irritation was borned in this forum, many members left this forum (wonder if they have returned) etc.

Hope this doesnt affect anyone here. I dont even reqognize the old people here and also alot of new people! Nice to see that AHS is growing! Keep up with the good work guys!

Hope someone vote for an old member like me ^_^*

//Takke.

mimika 19th February 2004 04:33 AM

hey takke! hope u still remember me..hahaha

Takke 19th February 2004 04:56 AM

Heeeey Mimika!

Long time now, where have you been?

Havent seen you posting recently. Except when you replied my post ^^

Unimatrix Prime™ 20th February 2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GSTS™
My computer accidently viewed this thread 600+ times. Sorry Mr. SurrealDreams.
Accidentally? LOL... I guess that explains why there were over a hundred page views the first hour this was posted. Luckily, VB3 will only count unique page views :)

Chrono 20th February 2004 11:20 PM

so who is nominated by now?

-BOKU- 23rd February 2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GSTS™
Oh crap, there goes my "maturity" criteria out the window. My computer accidently viewed this thread 600+ times. Sorry Mr. SurrealDreams.

BTW, any updates on the helpers?

LMAO!!!:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

AyuRlz 2nd March 2004 12:00 PM

it seems fun to help

Shiori_Hamasaki 11th March 2004 11:06 PM

Hi, It`s my first visit inthis forum, i`m from Mexico, and i Love Ayumi, please, someone tell me how play in this page, only read the principal page and is interesting, i hope some day finish to see every sections on the page.
Well, thaks for you atention, and i wait for yours answers.
(Excuse me for my englis, but i dont "write very well =P)
Be Happy
Shiori Hamasaki

Unimatrix Prime™ 11th March 2004 11:11 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave !

As for your question, it seems to be decided every 2 months, so I'd imagine a new vote to occur around the end of this month. You should probably check this (or a similar) thread soon for info that a staff member will post.

Also, you can intro yourself in the chatroom if you'd like ;)

Grantith 11th March 2004 11:33 PM

Hello.

The helper system is based on nominations. You can send a nomination to nominate@ahsforum.com. You can nominate someone else or yourself. The staff appoints the positions. There is not a vote. The positions are rotating so nominations will always be accepted.

Unimatrix Prime™ 11th March 2004 11:39 PM

What I meant by a vote is that the staff decides from the nominees. Sorry for not being too clear with that ^^

starr5245 28th March 2004 08:14 AM

ohh,,, i want to nominate someone soon!!

-BOKU- 28th March 2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by opal tanya cho
ohh,,, i want to nominate someone soon!!

lol its uh... been done lol o_O... this finished long ago :roflmao

Unimatrix Prime™ 28th March 2004 02:59 PM

But I believe nominations are still being accepted for the next group of helpers, so it's not finished yet :laugh

jerms 28th March 2004 03:00 PM

:mini

Your times almost up, ZERO ONE! :vhot
enjoy the time u have left, coolguy :sdevil

:laugh :laugh :laugh

Grantith 28th March 2004 03:34 PM

Re: Re: Forum Helpers

Quote:

Originally posted by Grantith
Quote:

How they are selected
...There is no deadline for submitting nominations. The staff will continuously accept nomination emails as long as they decide to keep this program going.

starr5245 8th April 2004 11:48 AM

OK!!! i'll nominate someone....um....XX....

nmskalmn 25th April 2004 01:34 PM

On behalf of the staff I'd like to thank ~K+, Piccolo, and -Zero One™- again for helping out for the past two months. Great job guys :thumbsup

We'll be selecting another group of Forum Helpers soon. If there is a person you would like to be considered please send in your nomination now. If you already nominated someone you don't have to do it again.

jerms 25th April 2004 03:40 PM

:laugh zero. one. your time is up. your time has come. end of the goodlife, back to DOOM! lol, jk. =)

y2687 25th April 2004 03:54 PM

yay! He's one of us now :cool lol :rolleyes Good job guys :thumbsup

silentscreamer 25th April 2004 06:40 PM

i wanna join! lol

except i don't think i participate in this forum as actively as some of the other members .. they deserve it more than me!!

tl1029530921 25th April 2004 07:54 PM

i think.....lol.....if someone would nominate me??puhaha...(coughEEVEEEEEcouhh)....

but then seirously....i i dont no if i could do it...o.o...

-BOKU- 25th April 2004 08:01 PM

lol yeah im a reg, wOOT it feels niuce tho :laugh

-BOKU- 11th May 2004 11:52 PM

Hey we have new helpers!

ayumi_pukka89
LeButler
Ryoko

Good luck, especially to u LeButler *passes the stick of chatoom defenderness* thats the stick u use to uh.. maintain order *whispers: swing from left to tehr ight, it hits harder :rolleyes*

jerms 12th May 2004 03:15 AM

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!! (good choices) *thumbs up*

Unimatrix Prime™ 12th May 2004 03:28 AM

I had a feeling LeButler would become a Defender, seeing as how he's posted loads of downloads here for everyone, even sacrificing his own bandwidth on his PC to share massive videos! I would've nominated him for "Download Defender", but I don't don't those forums need much moderating :laugh

Congrats to all the new Defenders ;) !

nmskalmn 12th May 2004 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuRocks
How they are selected
Nominations for helpers will be accepted from the initiates. To nominate someone send an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. Please include the reasons why you think this person would be a good candidate. There is no deadline for submitting nominations. The staff will continuously accept nomination emails as long as they decide to keep this program going.

The staff will seriously consider every person suggested. These are some of the criteria that will be taken into account:
  • length of membership at AHS
  • maturity
  • communication skills
  • manners
  • expertise in Ayumi Hamasaki/J-pop/J-culture

Posting downloads is not one of the criteria.

If there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is important that you let us know by sending an email to the above address. You can also nominate yourself.

Unimatrix Prime™ 12th May 2004 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmskalmn
Posting downloads is not one of the criteria.

If there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is important that you let us know by sending an email to the above address. You can also nominate yourself.

I know it's not one of them, but the fact that he's willing to help others is what I consider to be a good mod. He's an overall friendly person, both on AHS and off, knows his stuff on Ayu, has been around for some time, and it's not often that someone offers over 1GB of files for direct download... quite amazing in itself! I would've voted for him personally a few weeks ago, along with many other great people, but as you're aware of, I wasn't able to (although I do know that nominations are always accepted) :(

And about your last line, I don't think that'd be possible.

y2687 12th May 2004 04:41 AM

Use those powers wisely, grasshoppers. Goodluck :thumbsup

nmskalmn 10th July 2004 02:31 PM

The staff would like to thank ayumi_pukka89, LeButler, and Ryoko for working with us during the last two months. arigatou! :thumbsup

We will be choosing 3 new forum helpers soon. Once again, if there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is very important that you let us know by sending an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. You can also nominate yourself.

Piccolo 10th July 2004 05:36 PM

Good job guys :)

CT_Cool 10th July 2004 06:14 PM

yep great job :clapclap was very helpful :)

Ayufan11 11th July 2004 12:59 AM

great job! :thumbsup have fun

destiny_ayu 31st July 2004 06:11 AM

Isit the Forum still in need of 3 helpers?! :confused :confused :confused

PickleCookies 31st July 2004 06:15 AM

appears, Bulmasman, and Piccolo are the helpers.

Check it out: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showgroups.php?

destiny_ayu 31st July 2004 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmskalmn
The staff would like to thank ayumi_pukka89, LeButler, and Ryoko for working with us during the last two months. arigatou! :thumbsup

We will be choosing 3 new forum helpers soon. Once again, if there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is very important that you let us know by sending an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. You can also nominate yourself.

Coz it stated there.. so im confused whether the forum is still in need of 3 more forum helpers..

boogieordie 31st July 2004 06:37 AM

Like PickleCookies said, the current helpers are appears, Bulmasman, and Piccolo.

We continue to pick different rounds of helpers, which is why we are always open for nominations.

jerms 31st July 2004 05:23 PM

:laugh go appears! YOU HAVE TRASH CONTROL! :thumbsup :roflmao

destiny_ayu 31st July 2004 07:07 PM

Oh i see.. now i got it.. ^^ Thx.. been away from AHS for some time.. :P many things started to "blur" for me :tipsy

Ibitsu Kokoro 9th December 2004 02:43 AM

I think I would like to help now.

~K+ 19th December 2004 11:25 PM

Congrats on sxesven being a new Defender, you'll make a good one!

sxesven 20th December 2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~K+
Congrats on sxesven being a new Defender, you'll make a good one!

Thanks, Kev, I most certainly hope so! :)

PickleCookies 20th December 2004 11:59 PM

Sven's a mod? Yay! :hat

nmskalmn 16th February 2005 10:03 PM

Thanks again to Chibinina4, Corybobory, and sxesven who have just completed their turn as forum moderators.

We will be choosing 3 new forum helpers soon. If there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is very important that you let us know by sending an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. You can also nominate yourself.

jerms 17th February 2005 01:15 AM

yay go sexy 7's

sxesven 17th February 2005 10:01 AM

:laugh

walking proud 17th February 2005 06:21 PM

i feel dorky nominating myself but oh well

-BOKU- 17th February 2005 08:31 PM

aww no more Cory and Sven? :( I thought they were the best we've had yet... :paperbag Good job guys! :friends

yeah i feel stuid nominating meself too lol... *shrugs*

jerms 19th March 2005 06:22 AM

GO HALLA

y2687 19th March 2005 11:44 PM

who's Halla? :shrug

PickleCookies 20th March 2005 12:10 AM

One of the new Helpers, of course.

Halla 20th March 2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2687
who's Halla? :shrug

me :D

MsMiyabi 20th March 2005 12:28 AM

that sounds cool I would love to do stuff like that! I would love to be Nominated or Nominate somneone

PickleCookies 20th March 2005 12:48 AM

Nominate yourself. Ooh you'd be killing two birds with one stone.

nmskalmn 19th May 2005 11:22 AM

Thanks for the excellent work Brittany, ElegantAyu, and Halla. :cool :thumbsup

We will be choosing 3 new forum helpers soon. If there is someone who you think would be a good moderator it is very important that you let us know by sending an email to nominate@ahsforum.com. You can also nominate yourself.

nmskalmn 31st July 2005 11:08 PM

Thanks again to our last bunch: Corybobory, devilayu, and JinHamasaki. ;)

Nominations are requested once more.

PickleCookies 31st July 2005 11:13 PM

*cough cough*

:ybiggrin

stardusties 1st August 2005 01:04 AM

-nominaites PickleCookies- XD

PickleCookies 1st August 2005 01:25 AM

w00t w00t. :yatta

sugarbasil 14th April 2009 08:18 AM

Woah!! I can't imagine a day when Cory and Devilayu were just helpers!! O_O

emi♡ 14th April 2009 08:43 AM

man...the people on this page take me back to when i was new here...

those were good times.