Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [romaji and translation] Life (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71327)

BoBo 19th March 2008 08:38 PM

quite touching :)

Coelacanth 19th March 2008 08:47 PM

Thanks masa. I wonder what the song will sound like.

Quote:

Because it was too sudden
I couldn't accept it

I wished someone would say, "It's a lie"
And laugh with a mischievous look
I wonder if she's referring to the moment she found out about her hearing loss.. It doesn't really sound like it's about Nagase lol.

letthemeatcake 19th March 2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwiz (Post 1379600)
Thanks alot. Me too, i hope the song will be available by friday.

omg! me too! let's pray!

Isthan 19th March 2008 09:07 PM

So is it about Nagase, loss of hearing or her friend? I think it's the latter, it has that kind of feel...

Miku 19th March 2008 09:10 PM

thanks for sharing the lyrics :)

ImpactBreaker 19th March 2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isthan (Post 1379779)
So is it about Nagase, loss of hearing or her friend? I think it's the latter, it has that kind of feel...

I really think she's talking about MTRGL becomin HEAVENARK :innocent LOL j/k

It does fit more with this "deceased friend". A bit of cold water here, since I was expecting this song "Life" to convey more of a generic feeling or be more related to her fans in general, rather than being directed at one person only :no

pommy48 19th March 2008 10:03 PM

maybe it's about all of those things....talking about ayu's life?

Chiharo 19th March 2008 10:04 PM

Thank you!
I was waiting and waiting...

Beauty4123 19th March 2008 10:21 PM

very beautiful lyrics. thanks!

4ever*ayu 19th March 2008 10:34 PM

wonderful lyric!
thx , masa

ayuayu798 19th March 2008 10:41 PM

Thank you ^^

apple-pi 19th March 2008 11:38 PM

They do sound like they're about her friend~
I guess it kinda makes sense, since Mirrorcle World is the extended ver. from a song from GUILTY, for Life to be a "continuation" of another GUILTY song.
But if Life is like that in order to keep the GUILTY theme to the single, then it might not be on the next album... I'd want the next album to have a different theme/feeling (not because I dislike GUILTY, I love it, I just want something new next time), so I guess I'd rather not see Life in it.

Plus, it would be nice for such an important 10th anniversary have only songs that you can't get anywhere else in her discography IMO.

EDIT: BTW thanks so much for the translation!! I can't believe I forgot to say that ^^;;

naxxo.licious™ 19th March 2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruixiong89 (Post 1379606)
I think the lyrics are kind of a continuation to untitled ~for her~

I agree with you. I don't know why, but i'm almost sure i'm gonna cry when i listen to it :cry.
Beautiful lyrics as always. Thanks for the translation!

ayumisrael 20th March 2008 12:43 AM

Thanks! I think that the questions in the song might be refered to ayu herself.

"What are you thinking of ?
How do I look in your eyes? "

and of course the first ones.

PoetGirl 20th March 2008 01:35 AM

luv the lyrics, they are beautiful and touching. i cant wait to hear the song

AyuGAME 20th March 2008 02:01 AM

nothing new
not as strong as mirrorcle world
want to hear the song

Love Appears 20th March 2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coelacanth (Post 1379740)
Thanks masa. I wonder what the song will sound like.

I wonder if she's referring to the moment she found out about her hearing loss.. It doesn't really sound like it's about Nagase lol.

...I'm 98% sure it's about neither. It's pretty obvious to me that this song is about Ayu's departed friend that was sung about in untitled ~for her~.

CHE.R.RY 20th March 2008 04:15 AM

The lyrics are nice as usual, but it really kind of sounds like Ayu is running out of ideas. These sound the same as a lot of her other lyrics :/
But thank you anyway.

ayuzlove 20th March 2008 04:26 AM

Thanks for the great lyrics!

ruixiong89 20th March 2008 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayulover_06 (Post 1380423)
The lyrics are nice as usual, but it really kind of sounds like Ayu is running out of ideas. These sound the same as a lot of her other lyrics :/
But thank you anyway.

I personally think that the song was written at a time that was probably close to her friend's death. I think it's perfectly fine that one particular event can inspire two songs. Especially one that we all know has affected Ayu a lot. So I don't really see a problem with her lyrics overlapping?

The thing is that the stories are always the same, the only difference lies in HOW the message is conveyed through her lyrics. She can use difference styles, so I personally still think it's fine at the end of the day. Elaboration on a same point is always good.