Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124165)

Evan Odinson 1st November 2018 03:54 PM

^Thanks for this report, looks like a really fun show and glad to read you had fun! :yes

Amalgam 1st November 2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyuCanada (Post 3289800)
That comment was light compared to everything Timmy does on stage.

And what would this be? The things that his BOSS tells him to do? Because friend of Ayu’s or not, he’s still an employee and she dictates what he can and can’t do.
I don’t even like Timmy but as Earth_maiden said, people tend to act like Timmy is eroding the morality from Ayu’s shows when it’s apparent that everything that has/does/will happen is due to Ayu’s choices.

njanjayrp 1st November 2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgam (Post 3289795)
There’s no need to get gross about it, ugh.

Sex isn’t gross lol

AyuCanada 2nd November 2018 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgam (Post 3289862)
And what would this be? The things that his BOSS tells him to do? Because friend of Ayu’s or not, he’s still an employee and she dictates what he can and can’t do.
I don’t even like Timmy but as Earth_maiden said, people tend to act like Timmy is eroding the morality from Ayu’s shows when it’s apparent that everything that has/does/will happen is due to Ayu’s choices.

I don't care who is the mastermind, even if it is ayu, I don't like it, and I think it is a very bad taste. And since his whole character is based on an oversexualized homosexual, I don't think it is misplaced when someone dares to say he might have sex with an audience member, since his image is all about it.

And to answer your question ''What would that be'', there are many examples we know, one of the worst I can recall is when I was at the concert last year, during boys and girls, he was putting the balls they throw in the audience in his brief. This is bad taste, especially when there are children in the audience.

AyuCanada 2nd November 2018 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzylovesongaku (Post 3289892)
Can we just stop talking about Timmy? I always feel like anytime we do, the conversation always gets very dangerously close to homophobic. He seems like a nice guy. Let's not make assumptions about him based on the persona he is paid to play, please.

I am sure he is a nice guy, he seems nice and normal on the candids ayu shares, but his character on stage, I don't like it, a lot of people don't and since he is given more and more spotlight each tour, it is hard not to talk about him on the tour topic.

pedronekoi 2nd November 2018 06:31 AM

He is really sweet! I've met him in a restaurant and he was super nice and sweet with me. He was really surprised I recognized his face without make up lol

The show seems to be very fun! And I hope I get picked up to go to stage even tho just by thinking about that my heart starts beating really fast lol

~angel*ayumi~ 2nd November 2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedronekoi (Post 3289902)
He is really sweet! I've met him in a restaurant and he was super nice and sweet with me. He was really surprised I recognized his face without make up lol

I met him in the train to the concert, yes he is a very sweet and nice person, sooooo different from his stage persona.

EndOfTheWorld 3rd November 2018 02:03 AM

Please don't play the homophobia card.:rolleyes
Timmy has been getting a lot of spotlight lately so it's unavoidable. I think most people here enjoy him as a person. I know I do. From what I see he seems like a very nice guy and a good friend to Ayu. The criticism is directed at his stage persona and costume. Whether it is Ayu's doing or his, he clearly isn't going anywhere. It looks like Ayu has decided to make him a mainstay to her live shows.:shrug

Katsuyuki012 3rd November 2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amalgam (Post 3289862)

I'm usually the last person to complain on him since I mostly don't mind him (or ignore it simply) but if ayu does it, it might be something different. People go to see ayu after all. So they might be fine with her doing it but not with Timmy. Even then, not everybody will like it, of course.

tokyoxjapanxfan 3rd November 2018 07:20 AM

Imagine Beyoncé or Lady Gaga or Celine Dion sharing 70% of the stage, every concert, with another huge, in your face personality. Every performance. Tv, concert, Instagram. Every. Single. Time. Plus in song recordings and music videos.

This would be grating on a lot of fans. I’m positive.

kotora 3rd November 2018 11:13 AM

CDL for 1 day in this year.

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1066806
CDL 2018-2019 - TROUBLE -

Earth_maiden 3rd November 2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3289962)
Imagine Beyoncé or Lady Gaga or Celine Dion sharing 70% of the stage, every concert, with another huge, in your face personality. Every performance. Tv, concert, Instagram. Every. Single. Time. Plus in song recordings and music videos.

I don't think he's been that prominent though, maybe its more obvious at the moment/lately because the stage is smaller? He doesn't do flambouyant things on TV performances. He has his own instagram which no one is obligated to follow/view. He's writes songs and compositions so he's more active in her music and some of his songs are actually amazing, like BRILLANTE, hbya, Party Queen (one of my personal favourites), etc. I find most comments are about his wardrobe, which he has little control over, or his character, again which he wouldn't be able to do whatever he wanted without incurring Ayu's wrath. I can understand if he's not everyone's cup of tea but comments like "Timmy mighty chose certain audience members because he gets special priveleges" comes across as rather nasty.

CatGirl 3rd November 2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan (Post 3289962)

Gaga had that one album with Tony Bennett - but that was just one album and that was that. And it's different when it's one album with one of the most established musicians ever vs constantly working with a guy who's nowhere near as famous and is up in your fans' faces all the time.

I don't hate Timmy - I actually think he's a pretty cool guy and I LOVE his compositions, even his rapping is great imo. But also enough is enough lol He doesn't bother me personally but he can be really distracting when watching an Ayu concert. So I don't blame people at all for disliking him

relmy 3rd November 2018 06:32 PM

He's in one music video lol

He's still not reached the prominence somebody like Shu-ya used to have in videos or shows, and while people were annoyed by him it's nothing compared to what people say about Timmy. It's very obvious what the undertone is behind all the 'Disgusting' comments.

Katsuyuki012 3rd November 2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relmy (Post 3289999)
He's in one music video lol

He's still not reached the prominence somebody like Shu-ya used to have in videos or shows, and while people were annoyed by him it's nothing compared to what people say about Timmy. It's very obvious what the undertone is behind all the 'Disgusting' comments.

*three (at least)
Not that much but still.

And yes, he maybe hasn't reached that prominence yet, however the portrayed characters of these two people are not really similar.

tokyoxjapanxfan 3rd November 2018 07:08 PM

I believe he was in three? Brilliante, Shake it and Nanana. Maybe Warning too? I forget.

The problem for Timmy is that he’s doing all of this as one person, himself. So hating his on stage image carries over to just hating him in general. There’s no distinction between the two.

I don’t enjoy him being so in your face but that’s just what it is now.

rainbow_smile 3rd November 2018 07:17 PM

^ yes and she also had at least 15 mvs without Timmy since brillante, so it's not like he appeared in majority of her recent mvs, 3 is not much at all lol

Katsuyuki012 3rd November 2018 07:34 PM

New thread:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...02#post3290002

AyuCanada 3rd November 2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbow_smile (Post 3290003)
^ yes and she also had at least 15 mvs without Timmy since brillante, so it's not like he appeared in majority of her recent mvs, 3 is not much at all lol

I think people are more annoyed by his exposition and accuracy on stage (also, It's not like her recent mvs are being much watched either :rolleyes)

I don't recall people complaining a bunch about Peco, or a single negative comment about Princess. Those two girls were doing a perfect job as back vocalists. I think the major issue we have with that Timmy's exposition is that it adds nothing valuable to her shows. He is used like a forced accessory that was maybe original at it's beginning (in nanana and brilliante) but is now mainly cringeworthy.

Although... I would be curious to know what kind of reception he gets from asian people, maybe they like that caucasian gay stereotype.

tokyoxjapanxfan 4th November 2018 08:51 AM

I never said him being in videos is the sole issue. I’m just saying his presence is all over the place. He’s even in the booklet shots for Party Queen.