Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New digital single 'Mask' out November 18th, 2022 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125596)

truehappiness 2nd October 2022 05:53 AM

New digital single 'Mask' out November 18th, 2022

New Single "Mask" will be released on November 18(Fri)!

========◇

The digital single "Mask" will be released on November 18 (Fri), preceding the release of their first full-length original album in six years, which is currently in production.

This is the first time in 12 years that they have come together to present a sad yet powerful message song.
Expect this song to be a great hit on an autumn night!

We will also be releasing information on our original full-length album at a later date!
Please look forward to it!

The "first time in 12 years" portion seems to refer to working with someone since then... it looks like from who she's worked with since then, it might be Noriyuki Makihara who last worked on Sweet Season!

This single seems to be the one she was just recording and did the handsome manlyish photoshoot with Kazutaka Nakamura for!

dumbellz 2nd October 2022 07:44 AM

Where can I see this handsome manly photoshoot?

Sad and powerful? My kind of song

CeReSu 2nd October 2022 08:20 AM

Interesting !!! Can't wait for more info about the album but I hope we will have more than 10 songs cause there are already a lot of singles (23rd monster, non fiction, summer again, now mask and maybe dreamed a dream ?)

Aderianu 2nd October 2022 09:45 AM

Wonder what kind of theme it has. Is it medical mask or the mask with a smile to hide your real emotions. Though I know ayu almost always choose titles completely random

Deep snow 2nd October 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3353591)
New Single "Mask" will be released on November 18(Fri)!

========◇

The digital single "Mask" will be released on November 18 (Fri), preceding the release of their first full-length original album in six years, which is currently in production.

This is the first time in 12 years that they have come together to present a sad yet powerful message song.
Expect this song to be a great hit on an autumn night!

We will also be releasing information on our original full-length album at a later date!
Please look forward to it!

I can't thank you enough for translating this part here because the Google Translation made me so confused :laugh

"sad and powerful" makes me think of Sorrows, which I love—but there are so many of her songs that fit this description.

very looking forward to this and the new album!

dumbellz 2nd October 2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3353599)
Wonder what kind of theme it has. Is it medical mask or the mask with a smile to hide your real emotions. Though I know ayu almost always choose titles completely random

When I first read the title, I actually thought it’s mask with a smile to hide your real emotions. Until the people on Weibo talked about how she named it as mask because of these years we have to wear mask.

Imagine the music videos has people wearing surgical masks haha since it’s what happening in the world now.

I like how she is releasing so many singles just like old days. Pity it’s digital and not physical but then again everyone is into digital now

kotora 2nd October 2022 01:25 PM

Mask... a sad song...

she got inspired by the pandemic?

natalaxie 2nd October 2022 03:11 PM

I’m so excited by this!! Hope this means we will have a nice long album

truehappiness 2nd October 2022 09:45 PM

Since we know she did a masculine photo shoot with Kazutaka, the Mask might also mean masculinity?

dumbellz 3rd October 2022 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3353619)
Since we know she did a masculine photo shoot with Kazutaka, the Mask might also mean masculinity?

Is this photo shown? Where can we see it

kotora 3rd October 2022 07:25 AM

Kazutaka Nakamura is the one did ayu-mi-x 7 album covers?

Aderianu 3rd October 2022 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbellz (Post 3353620)
Is this photo shown? Where can we see it

Ayu wrote that in TA blog. She didn't post any photos, only small video from the car.
Actually looks like she cutted her hair again, maybe that's why photoshoot is masculine

dumbellz 3rd October 2022 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aderianu (Post 3353628)
Ayu wrote that in TA blog. She didn't post any photos, only small video from the car.
Actually looks like she cutted her hair again, maybe that's why photoshoot is masculine

Ah I see, thanks.

I like to think that a music video with surgical mask and reflect the current world would be relevant.

kotora 3rd October 2022 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumbellz (Post 3353630)
Ah I see, thanks.

I like to think that a music video with surgical mask and reflect the current world would be relevant.

Don't give her idea....

love in music 4th October 2022 10:33 PM

I like the song title. My guess is that it will be along the lines of wearing a mask in the sense of covering up who you actually are, maybe with similar lyrics to Marionette.

mi|kshake 5th October 2022 08:35 PM

Can't wait to hear Mask! I was debating not listening to anything else until the album releases but as this is out just after my birthday I think I will need to treat myself lol.

DogboyShugo 5th October 2022 10:24 PM

Intrigued! Looking forward to it (^.^)

dumbellz 11th October 2022 03:35 PM

It just occur to me that her past releases revealed the title and single cover together. For this, she didn’t which kinda makes the wait torturing and teasing it as a sad song and good music video

JinHamasaki 11th October 2022 09:17 PM

I land in Tokyo the day before the release, I hope they play the music video at Shibuya!!

dumbellz 13th October 2022 01:25 AM

Oh it was mentioned that she teased the cover for Mask on team ayu, anyone able to describe the cover? Or share what she shared?