Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [News] MY ALL (Chinese ver.) (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124758)

Party_King 2nd February 2020 09:49 PM

^ like you wrote: a friend of me, who’s a Chinese native, didn’t understood what she’s singing and had to google for the lyrics. He liked the lyrics a lot but couldn’t get warm with her voice and singing style for “Who...“.

Chris85 3rd February 2020 01:33 AM

^ that's kinda depressing. If nobody can understand it singing it in Chinese loses its purpose. Might as well listen to the original and read translation.

truehappiness 3rd February 2020 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dandy_ (Post 3314112)
I'm curious - how *is* her Chinese? There's no way I could tell whether her Chinese might sound natural or not. Can she speak it, or would she have learned the lyrics phonetically?

Is it common for Japanese people to be "well-versed" in Chinese and vice-versa...or is it more like myself, as an English speaker in North America, trying to learn either language...?

Other than a few stock phrases she probably doesn't know much Chinese at all (hello. thank you, etc.) so whatever she learned will be phonetic like how it usually is when Asian artists cross borders.

If anything Japanese people know some of the Chinese loanwords that exist in Japan but they are usually surprised about it like how 'tsunami', 'rickshaw', 'honcho', or 'futon' exist in English.

Her accent in Chinese Who.... was ultra heavy and mostly you could understand the chorus I think but the verses were really strange cause of the Japanese accent. It definitely sounds like someone who normally speaks Japanese attempting to sing in Chinese, to put it that way. It's probably the hardest to sing in for acts that do try it that don't normally do it. It will probably be a similar thing for this version of MY ALL. I don't think it's bad that she's attempted it though since it shows she cares at least. Sometimes Asian artists do English versions of songs and those don't even sound like English, lol. I wonder though if there was a bit more coaching or guidance from the guy born in Shanghai that helped on MY ALL this time around.

*Petit* 3rd February 2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truehappiness (Post 3314146)
. Sometimes Asian artists do English versions of songs and those don't even sound like English, lol.

Some.. day ... my prince will come...

EndOfTheWorld 4th February 2020 12:46 AM

It wouldn't shock me if Ayu's Chinese is hard to understand because from my experience it is very difficult to learn.:(

orbitalaspect 5th February 2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Petit* (Post 3314169)
Some.. day ... my prince will come...

I love MIKA NAKASHIMA. But if you're looking for a good laugh, just listen to her cover of "What A Wonderful World". Or, as most of us know it, "What A Wandafu Wool".

Still. IMO it beats the terribleness of "All Hands Together", which was not only a bad song, but came months and months after the disaster that she recorded the single to donate for.

Everything else in her discography is audio gold. And that's honestly a huge part of why those two songs are so bad. For such a talented and iconic model and idol from the 00s, those two songs sound nothing like the rest of her discography. It's almost like she too has a little sister that performs cover versions of her songs that make Silent Hill look like a great family vacation.

evolutionricky 4th March 2020 06:20 AM

So random.

ExodusUK 8th March 2020 12:47 PM

I guess this is delayed now.

rachiyung 29th March 2020 05:09 PM

Excited!!!!

rachiyung 29th March 2020 05:11 PM

:grumpyThe virus annoys.... Hope it’ll release soon

Aderianu 8th April 2020 12:59 PM

Watch preview on TikTok or download audio here

Sky High 8th April 2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orbitalaspect (Post 3314227)
I love MIKA NAKASHIMA. But if you're looking for a good laugh, just listen to her cover of "What A Wonderful World". Or, as most of us know it, "What A Wandafu Wool".

OMG.....the way she sings that song is just hilarious. :laugh

Not a fan of "MY ALL" and somehow chinese version sounds even worse.

chocopockymaster 8th April 2020 02:08 PM

It’s so strange to hear her studio!voice singing something new after all these years

alternarist 8th April 2020 04:17 PM

I speak chinese, but i cannot make out what she is singing LOL. it's giving me a headache after listening to it multiple times haha

Edit: I can hear some bits of..

"i will show you i do not have... an ending??", (I will show you I am not stopping)
".. we will move forward together"
"will let you feel... ??"
"this is my wish",
"???... be with you"
"regardless of how you say i do not compromise..." (not confident of this)
"let me use my everything to protect our ... world..?"

pedronekoi 8th April 2020 04:27 PM

ˆ My chinese friend said the same lol

attractive nausea 8th April 2020 07:05 PM

lmao im dead I mean you can tell that she puts a lot of efforts in trying to have a good pronunciation but people still cannot understand her 10 years after her first attempt at singing in chinese

truehappiness 8th April 2020 08:08 PM

What happens I think is because she is reading it in katakana probably, a lot of the "sh" sounds blend. It's a lot like the Who... one and I don't really blame her though since she doesn't know Chinese aside from basic stuff like thank you. You can pick out a few words like shen bian or shi jian. She'd probably do a lot better with an English Who... but there's more of a market out there for Chinese versions.

mizuki-7 8th April 2020 08:30 PM

It probably has to do with the fact that Japanese pronunciation is very linear compared to Chinese which has 4 tonalities, I don't know, I guess she had tips for singing it, but yes, Chinese is complicated after all.

Aderianu 8th April 2020 10:06 PM

chinese fans posted lyrics at twitter

我会让你看见梦没有终结,
它还在闪着光等我们相见。
想要让你触碰梦想的境界
这是属于我最真实的心愿。

就是要在一起在你的身边,
就像你爱着我不管路多险,
就让我守护你拥抱这一切,
守护属于我们的小小世界。

ExodusUK 8th April 2020 10:12 PM

I haven't spoke Chinese since I left China in 2012 but yeah...she tried.