Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Artists & Bands (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   [Koda Kumi] Get into Kumi's 🤍heart🤍 in her 208th thread (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125462)

Gustavopc 1st February 2022 08:56 PM

Get into Kumi's 🤍heart🤍 in her 208th thread

https://i.ibb.co/VYvBMfp/Koda-Kumi-WINGS-lim.jpg

Music & Live Package "WINGS"

Release date: Jan 18th

Spoiler:
CD

01. Wings
02. Hello Yesterdat
03. BLACK WINGS
04. Trigger
05. Heaven Tonight
06. It's "K" magic

Regular DVD / Blu-ray

• billboard classics KODA KUMI Premium Symphonic Concert 2022 @festival hall (edit ver.)

Fanclub DVD/Blu-ray contents

• billboard classics KODA KUMI Premium Symphonic Concert 2022 @festival hall (full ver.)
01. Bow Wow
02. TABOO
03. Bassline
04. Swallowtail Butterfly~あいのうた~
05. 愛のうた
06. 100のコドク達へ
07. NO ME WITHOUT YOU
08. 恋のつぼみ -A Cup Of Milk Tea Bossa Nova ver.-
09. Someday
10. 1000の言葉
11. you
12. WALK OF MY LIFE
13. You're So Beautiful
14. Butterfly
15. Alive
16. Through the sky
• Wings -Music Video-
• Trigger -Music Video--
• Behind The Scenes -WINGS-

Spoiler:
Stage Name: Koda Kumi / 倖田來未
Birthdate: 13 November 1982 (Showa 57)
Height: 154 cm / 5'0"
Blood Type: A
Hometown: Kyoto
Hobbies: shopping, miscellaneous goods
Favorite Sport: Squash
Favorite Music: HIP HOP
Special dish (to make): meat and potatoes
Favorite words: Ichi-go ichi-e (translated "for this time only," "never again" or "one chance in a lifetime")
Favorite color: green and purple
Favorite Season: Summer
Favorite DVD: はねるのトびら - You knock on a jumping door!
Favorite brand: D & G / H · A · K
Favorite food: pancake / 100% fruit juice / Perrier
Favorite Japanese music artists: Yonekura Toshinori / Sukima Switch
Favorite Western artists: Christina Aguilera / NELLY / PINK / Pharrell Williams
Indispensable thing: Love
Favorite place of my body: the "korikori" of her waist
Something surprising about me: No smoking, no alcohol
Can't forgive: lies and deception
Feats: Speaking until her voice is hoarse

Links

gustavismo 1st February 2022 08:59 PM

Still no sign of heart? I thought it would be released at midnight in Japan :(

minkAYuko 1st February 2022 10:04 PM

^yes it's up!! RED is like nothing we've ever heard from her T_T now she's LAtina I LOVE HER T_T THANK YOU KU!!!!

EDIT: OMGF BOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashen Twilight 2nd February 2022 03:58 AM

Ok was finally able to get the digital copy, and holy wow I am not sure if this is just first listen excitement, but I am really enjoying this album. Both songs with features and Anemone are my favorites for now. I do agree RED is so different that anything she has done before.

Honestly I think that is why I like this album so much. It is full of songs that aren’t copy paste from her past works. Of course there are a handful, but it isn’t like the stretch from KINGDOM to Walk of My Life where basically any of those songs are interchangeable. This album is oddly cohesive as well, which has never been a feature in any of Kuu’s albums. So far I am impressed.

Only negative is I do wish she used another song than Sure Shot as the final push as that is just too same to everything else she has put out and there are plenty of other songs that would do a better job standing out.

Diva_br 2nd February 2022 04:03 AM

The worst songs are the singles lol (Except for 100 no Kodokutachi eh)

The new songs are amazing, RED and GOOD TIMES are my favorites right now ♡

Darkifrit 2nd February 2022 04:14 AM

I share same opinion with you guys

Didn’t really like SUMMER OF 21 songs so I was not really confident about the album.
After hearing heart, I’m pleased to hear the album goes on the same direction than 4 MORE and 100 no Kodokutachi e that I loved. It’s refreshing and different from her music from the past 10 years.
The flow is great and even summer songs are good fitting in it. My fav are Anemone and GOOD TIME (so glad both ladies finally have a feat together, their styles and voices matched so well together).
Not mentioning the covers are probably her prettiest from the last decade. Good surprise

Isicio 2nd February 2022 04:17 AM

My favorite is Outta my control, but GOOD TIME is good as well. I have to listen better but overall I like this album.

CeReSu 2nd February 2022 07:18 AM

Just started listening, Bow Wow is already amazing !!

Negi92 2nd February 2022 09:15 AM

Why was I expecting an album full of slow songs/ballads?

Bow Wow sounds GREAT!

KarenPang 2nd February 2022 09:16 AM

3 extra performance time slots added to KODA KUMI Love & Songs 2022

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKlIB89a...jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/KODAKUMINET/stat...hIhlQ19EPGw3Vw

Gubsi 2nd February 2022 11:43 AM

this album is so great, really enjoy the overall vibe to it a lot

Gustavopc 2nd February 2022 12:08 PM

Sure shot is out!!

Her best MV in years!! Also... was GREAT K her son?? :laugh

KarenPang 2nd February 2022 12:46 PM

Sure shot PV is very comical & entertaining :laugh :laugh

I like it that it has elements from some of Kuu's past PVs like show girl & Wicked Girls

I don't know how I feel towards the song yet :c & some of the competitors' names in the Sure shot PV , the nicknames are hilarious

Running Chicken Man ? LOL

@Gustavopc LOL , I think Great K is Kenji ? xD

gustavismo 2nd February 2022 01:43 PM

OMG, I was expecting another green screen MV but glad they gave us more than that! So fun and she looks GORGEOUS, it has a lot of replay value! And I'm sure GREAT K is her son ahahaha He's even credited as GREAT K in the credits, maybe to hide his real identity? ;)

And heart is a very good album overall, I'm really enjoying it and I think I can say that I like it a lot more than (re)CORD and angeL+monsteR!

junniorkopke 2nd February 2022 02:07 PM

I'm in love with the album, RED and Outta my control are my favorites.

And the music video for Sure shot is pure fun, even though this is definitely my least favorite song haha.

Btw, I made a simple 15s spot with the covers to share in my instagram stories to help spread the word about the album. If anyone want to use it too, it's here. I'm attaching this link for the streaming services with the story: https://li.sten.to/kodakumiheart

minkAYuko 2nd February 2022 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junniorkopke (Post 3347943)
I'm in love with the album, RED and Outta my control are my favorites.

And the music video for Sure shot is pure fun, even though this is definitely my least favorite song haha.

Btw, I made a simple 15s spot with the covers to share in my instagram stories to help spread the word about the album. If anyone want to use it too, it's here. I'm attaching this link for the streaming services with the story: https://li.sten.to/kodakumiheart

Haha thank you I did use it !! And thanks for using RED!!! I love this album so much !!

Darkifrit 3rd February 2022 03:33 PM

Ok after several plays I really love heart
I could only do without Atlas. Even the 2 first singles are okay at the end of the album.

So glad and proud that girl is still able to please me after 18 years of fandom!

Negi92 3rd February 2022 04:13 PM

Damn Bow Wow is THAT song tho omg I love it so much hahaha

Gustavopc 3rd February 2022 04:53 PM

So, a quick review from me on each track, cause I like doing these to make me see better how I fell about the album:

Spoiler:

Bow Wow is AMAZING, the energy in the track is so strong, and the way she's singing so full of confidence and even some sass (lippy much?), it's such a great way to open the album. She needs to give this song a powerful performance, be it on the upcoming tour or on another one, but this is a BANGER that needs some attention.
Sure shot is okay. It's a more mature Dangerous/WATCH OUT kind of song, Kenji finally found a balance between chaos and music in this one :P The video made me like it a bit more, but tbh it's my least favorite from the new tracks. Still a good one, way above the average of 2017~2020 material.
Atlas would be my least fav if it weren't for that spin at the end, I loved that transition. Gives me Tigarah vibes but with a bit of Diplo/Major Lazer idk hahahaha Also hope this one gets to be performed, it deserves a funk carioca choreo sooo bad.
GOOD TIME is another highlight to me. The 2000s vibes around made me fall in love with it at first listen, and it has been so long I was hoping for such a fun dynamic collab from Kumi, even more when you think how long it has been since she collabed with another woman. And it even happened to be AI!! Literal dream coming true!
Outta my control sounds a biiit dated, but it's so smooth and well built that in the end it didn't even bother me. I was on the fence because of the instagram preview, but as a whole the song is spetacular. OZI is a great addition, really loved it.
anemone is also a great track, I love the instrumental here. Really curious to read the translated lyrics. Kenji did a fantastic job with his compositions on this album btw. And to think it's been 10 years since his first work for Kumi (All for you), wow what a milestone.
100 no kodoku-tachi e is her best ballad in years, top 5 from her career to me. Only complain is the mastering when the second chorus kicks in, she needs to perform it at the next tour cause of the band, pretty sure it'll improve the experience.
to be free is meh. Nice but too b-side-ish
RED was the biggest surprise to me, wasn't expecting Maria Kumi Gonzales to hit so hard with full force on this album. Wish it had a video like 4 MORE, would have been a way better match.
4 MORE is also okay, it gets a bit better in the middle of the album. But it misses an energy peak to me idk
The other two tracks are the weakest in the album, but they work well in the tracklist and close the album in a good way. Cheers.

Amazing how this album turned out to be so cohesive. Hope she keeps on this route for her next albums cause I am living for it.

Sim' 3rd February 2022 06:54 PM

GOOD TIME is soooo addicting, I love it!! Imma jam the hell out of it!