Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ayu Music News (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ayu to appear on FNS festival on August 8 (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114227)

ayumisrael 8th August 2012 06:50 PM

She didn't sound so bad on Greatful days either. It was like she singing the crowd songs and I don't think anyone should expect her to sing it like on 2003. And the re-arrangement is nice. Not perfect lives but decent good enough. :)

brener 8th August 2012 07:06 PM

i got so happy when she started Greatful days! thats the singer im a fan!

tetsuo69 8th August 2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-megumi-x (Post 2893282)

sounds so much better, thanks

isthisLOL? 8th August 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by channy (Post 2893411)
At least Ayu sings live. I bet Perfume and Kyary had a full-playback during their performances, like they always do.

You forgot to mention that they even sound worse in their studio recordings than Ayu does live. xD But both HAVE sung live before, Kyary sang live partly in her little own concert, but the vocals were awful and Perfume sang live before they were huge at least once. Which wasn't very good either, but it's a bit of an overstatement to say both ALWAYS use playback, just almost always lol

Ayumi is a rather strong pop vocalist by now. She doesn't ever rely on playback anymore, her vocals are diverse(just look at the amount of genres she covered and how dynamic she has become) and powerful, she has an above average vocal range...she isn't even close to being the best at anything, but to consider her a bad vocalist, especially considering how her songs are amongst the hardest in mainstream pop, just makes me question people's hearing and/or standards tbh. Compare her vocals to Rihanna, Britney, Katy, Kesha, Namie, most girlgroup singers...she is certainly above pop average.

tokyoxjapanxfan 8th August 2012 07:50 PM

omg like... you mean she doesn't sound the same as she did on a track recorded almost 10 years ago? how dare she. what an awful singer. -_-.

she looked liked she was having fun and i really enjoyed watching! she should have been on so many more shows argh

BlackSilence 8th August 2012 08:03 PM

Ayu never was a vocalist really....her voice isn't impressive, BUT i am impressed and inspired to see how from that she came to where she is now. She worked hard and reached a decent singing voice. It's not perfect but she gets that something in it to touch people. She will never be Beyonce but she doesn't have to, she's Ayu And she's prooved that she can improove. every artist has bad and good voice days. Especially when you are not born with impressive voice, and you have to work on it to make it sound. I think she sounds amazing these days. And i loved the performance. The vocals might have been a little forced or with difficulties for her but she did look like she had fun. The spirit is sometimes what gets people! :)

Kuronekomi 8th August 2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isthisLOL? (Post 2893286)
I just found out Nana Mizuki sang at the same event and the .ts of that is already online. Sorry Ayu, you just got far less interesting performing two of your worst songs xD

Ok You and me is... well one of her worst songs ever...:innocent
but Greatful Days is just a great song imho, I totally love it :P

ExodusUK 8th August 2012 08:11 PM

Someone please stop this Kyary ********..it's not music, she's not an artist. She's literally just wigs and ~crazy shoes~ that releases annoying ringtones.

Kouyou 8th August 2012 09:25 PM

I loved the performance! It was the Ayu we all know and love. Her voice sounds as good as ever if you ask me. :yes

HEAVEN~Destiny~ 8th August 2012 10:19 PM

The performance was so awesome! I missed Ayu's TV performances! Maybe she enjoyed the performance so much that she'll decide to more TV lives? XP

The vocals weren't as bad as I thought, You & Me was pretty good! She sounded a little bitweak on Greatful days though. But overall it was really good!

mizuki-7 8th August 2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Ayu never was a vocalist really....her voice isn't impressive, BUT i am impressed and inspired to see how from that she came to where she is now. She worked hard and reached a decent singing voice. It's not perfect but she gets that something in it to touch people. She will never be Beyonce but she doesn't have to, she's Ayu And she's prooved that she can improove. every artist has bad and good voice days. Especially when you are not born with impressive voice, and you have to work on it to make it sound. I think she sounds amazing these days. And i loved the performance. The vocals might have been a little forced or with difficulties for her but she did look like she had fun. The spirit is sometimes what gets people!
So true =)

emi♡ 8th August 2012 11:02 PM

oh my god. I NEED someone to make me a gif..of the dancing around 2:40 on the youtube link :roflmao Shuya omg.

And...I really hate the dancers with that shirt on. And I wish to god she'd give up wearing her summer outfits with those outdated black boots.

But, she looked so pretty, and her vocals were nice. She was only losing it a little bit.

Super japanese arrangement for greatful days can gtfo lol

I really love her make up/hair for this summer.

truehappiness 8th August 2012 11:09 PM

She looked stunning and the performances were pretty good too!

Greatful days was great though I'd have hoped for more of a You & Me + summer medley performance with BLUE BIRD and some other summery tracks.

Mirrorcle Monster 8th August 2012 11:21 PM

OMG they gave her 8 minutes O.O she looked epic, and she sounded quite god

mizuki-7 8th August 2012 11:29 PM

After watched HD version I withdraw what I said her voice was near perfect during you & me and GD :love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgV...ayer_embedded#!

PoetGirl 8th August 2012 11:40 PM

I cant get over how flawless she looks with this kind of make-up. She actually looks japanese and younger and more pretty. I like the clothes and the performance<3

Kogepan_19 9th August 2012 12:22 AM

Did anyone else notice her entourage of backing vocalists now (around 4 of them), which includes Timmy?

Although Ayu's vocals started out quite flat in the beginning, I'm glad she brought her usual energy to the performance.

truehappiness 9th August 2012 12:25 AM

I do kind of wish she would tone down the "JUMP JUMP JUMP SAAAAY" kind of thing she usually does during encores of concerts. IIRC, she didn't do that for a while until like... 2009-2010 when she stopped performing regularly on TV.

xMylu 9th August 2012 12:29 AM

awww I missed it, so sad XD

jbrat2219 9th August 2012 12:34 AM

Wow! This performance was really great. Best TV performance in years! The thing I love the most is how much fun she's having. And her voice is really good. It made Greatful Days more bearable.