Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Enquiries (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   how many languages can ayumi hamasaki spake (http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117573)

Meshal 28th March 2013 09:45 PM

how many languages can ayumi hamasaki spake

and plz say if she's (Fluent) or (Conversational) or (Basic)

kimmeh 28th March 2013 10:03 PM

I'm guessing Japanese (Fluent) and English (Conversational)

Meshal 28th March 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmeh (Post 2988255)
I'm guessing Japanese (Fluent) and English (Conversational)

i heard that she's (Fluent) in chinese. and since you're snsd fan who's the best in japanese after Sooyoung

GREENsora 28th March 2013 10:32 PM

I think she can speak a bit of Chinese. Not sure if it's mandarine or cantonese though

ExodusUK 28th March 2013 10:49 PM

lol she is not fluent in Chinese and yeah it would be Cantonese..she's only been to mainland China no more than three times?

chocopockymaster 28th March 2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meshal (Post 2988257)
i heard that she's (Fluent) in chinese. and since you're snsd fan who's the best in japanese after Sooyoung

Given that during the AT08 MCs she was playfully arguing with Zin about the correct way to say "hello" to the audience during the Shanghai/Taipei stops, I would say she's definitely not fluent in any Chinese dialect. She also had to learn the Mandarin (I think) lyrics to "Who..." for those AT07/08 performances phonetically.

kimmeh 28th March 2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meshal (Post 2988257)

Never heard her speak in Chinese except for that one time she sang who..

Best in japanese after Sooyoung-> Seohyun.

Meshal 28th March 2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmeh (Post 2988272)
Never heard her speak in Chinese except for that one time she sang who..

Best in japanese after Sooyoung-> Seohyun.

saigodansu 29th March 2013 01:08 AM

Japanese (fluent) English (conversational, and having spoke to her, speaks very clearly when not trying to mix 2 languages like she does for songs) Cantonese. Mandarin. French & Spanish (few words)

Meshal 29th March 2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saigodansu (Post 2988285)
Japanese (fluent) English (conversational, and having spoke to her, speaks very clearly when not trying to mix 2 languages like she does for songs) Cantonese. Mandarin. French & Spanish (few words)

is she (fluent) in Mandarin

pommy48 29th March 2013 04:29 AM

^ No, she isn't.

I would say that she probably forgot those few words she learned by now lol

microphone 29th March 2013 07:26 AM

There is a video of her speaking entirely in English not too long ago. She sounds great.

Meshal 29th March 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microphone (Post 2988339)
There is a video of her speaking entirely in English not too long ago. She sounds great.

post it plz

ExodusUK 29th March 2013 07:38 PM

As far as we know she can only really speak Japanese and English. If knowing a few words of Chinese makes her a Chinese speaker, then I'm a English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian and Thai speaker.

Meshal 29th March 2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExodusUK (Post 2988458)
As far as we know she can only really speak Japanese and English. If knowing a few words of Chinese makes her a Chinese speaker, then I'm a English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Norwegian and Thai speaker.

bc my japanese friend told me that ayu can spake Chinese

GREENsora 29th March 2013 09:58 PM

^Maybe they meant a few words in Chinese?

saigodansu 29th March 2013 09:58 PM

If Ayumi could speak Chinese she would not have needed 2 translators with her to speak at events in China. The only language she is fluent in is Japanese. Her English is close to fluent, but she still makes mistakes in both writing and speaking. But atleast for English she does not need a translator. For Chinese she can only speak a few words or sing a song after lots of practice and I don't think she understands what she's saying.

Meshal 30th March 2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saigodansu (Post 2988477)
If Ayumi could speak Chinese she would not have needed 2 translators with her to speak at events in China. The only language she is fluent in is Japanese. Her English is close to fluent, but she still makes mistakes in both writing and speaking. But atleast for English she does not need a translator. For Chinese she can only speak a few words or sing a song after lots of practice and I don't think she understands what she's saying.

;)

Meshal 30th March 2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREENsora (Post 2988476)
^Maybe they meant a few words in Chinese?

i think she's just stupid. LOL